[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, a little theory on why USM will introduce new Pokemon. The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1466059858723.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466059858723.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
So, a little theory on why USM will introduce new Pokemon.

The suspiciously low amount of mythicals this gen will all be released months before USM's release, which is unprecedented. There's no way that they won't have any mythicals to shill in 2018 and 2019 before gen 8. USM was planned to have new Pokemon way in advance, which is why they didn't need to put future mythicals hidden in the code of SM like every other gen, as its compatibility with USM's pokedex will be broken regardless.

However, it's also possible that they just have heaps of new forms lined up for movies and whatnot in place of mythicals. But it would be a weird move since new Pokemon are a lot more exciting for events.
>>
Or Gen VIII is actually coming next year like GF plans, or we have another Gen III with shilling Gen VIII mons for a year or two in movies.
>>
>>32776642
Or, you know, they can release Gen 8 next year.

The mythical who'll be shilled in 2018 will just be a Gen 8 mon.
>>
>>32776664
Next year is the live-action Detective Pikachu movie, so they don't even have to shill a Mythical.
>>
>>32776663
>>32776664
There is absolutely no way that a new gen on brand new hardware is coming just 2 years after the last gen, the way they announced it and said "well over a year" means it's coming 2019 at the earliest
>>
>>32776670
The Detective Pikachu movie is a western production, anon. It's not supposed to replace next year's ashnime movie.
>>
>>32776672
They said might. GF's current plans are Fall next year, as seen in the job listings they put out some months ago for the games which made Tuesday's announcement a total non-shocker. It's fully possible they'll delay it, but it's not in their plans.

>>32776676
>running two Pokemon movies in Japan in the same year as direct competition when the anime movies keep doing worse and worse every year for two generations now

Sure thing. And hell, with how interest continuously dwindles for the anime movies, Mythicals might not even be seen as that important by GF and TPC any more.
>>
>>32776642
Strawgrasping 101.
>>
>>32776698
>putting words in their mouth
If they planned to release fall 2018 then that's the time period they would have specified. When you quietly say a game has started development, chances are its a long way away.
>>
>>32776712
They put out job listings for modellers to work on a game in a "world famous RPG series" for hardware where the models needed would be about "Wii U or PS Vita levels" slated to be released "Fall 2018". If that isn't a Switch mainline game, I don't know what world famous RPG they've suddenly decided to work on as well. It's entirely possible they'll end up delaying it, which is one of many reasons to not give a firm window in the official announcement, but that's likely not the current plan and certainly wasn't last year when SM came out and USUM started development since the job listings still had that window.
>>
>>32776712
All we have is over a year. It could be end of 2018. It could be 2019. I highly doubt new mons mid gen tho. I only see them doing that out of desperation to sell USM but they kno when a switch version of a core comes out they will be wiping their ass with yen and dolla dolla bills again. Maybe new alola forms but....
>>
>>32776734
Source on the job listing saying the game is for fall 2018? The few articles I just checked say nothing about release date except that the job position ends May 2018, which can mean anything
>>
>>32776746
"well over a year" means more than just saying over a year. They really have no reason to make a weird announcement like this if the game would be properly revealed so soon. Think of this like D/P where they announced those games super early to let people know the DS will have games.
>>
>>32776751
That's what I recall having read, but I very well could be mistaken. Either way, I don't see them adding brand-new Pokemon mid generation.
>>
>>32776672
Gen 8 is next year, the only difference from previous gens is that there wont be a skip year like 5 and 6 because nintendo needs them in the switch asap, otherwise it's the same as every gen
>>
Nah, the new thing is gonna be Alolan Lugia and Ho-Oh.
>>
>>32776702
None of what OP said is wrong. All of it is plausible.

>>32776776
Were you one of those people who thought ORAS would never have mid-gen megas, abilities, and moves too?
>>
Anime is nowhere close to being done.

Gen 8 is not coming next year.

The answer to this question is coming July 6th. They always have teaser of next movie with current film.

Data mine of USM will also show it
>>
File: 1488753942240.jpg (7KB, 238x183px) Image search: [Google]
1488753942240.jpg
7KB, 238x183px
>>32778820
Who do you think you are, some kind of leaker?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.