[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokken DX Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_9019.jpg (267KB, 741x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9019.jpg
267KB, 741x1200px
There's a demo available at least through today in Manhattan at Nintendo NY, if anyone is curious. It was not well publicized but I had a chance to play.

Pokken discussion on this board rarely seems to go anywhere but I'll give it a shot. I played Decidueye mostly and can offer some first impressions since we don't even have arcade footage from the past few months for it.
>>
How was the framerate? Did you play on tablet mode or on the TV? If you did play on the TV, did it look like 720p or 1080p?
>>
File: IMG_9023.png (1MB, 1039x1133px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9023.png
1MB, 1039x1133px
>Decidueye has a lot of options when airborne. It can float in place for a limited time without slowly descending like Charizard does. It also has an air dash, a dive kick, and a swooping move where it slams into the ground with a field of impact that does damage. I believe it has some aerial projectile options, and the command grab where it uses its talons to throw the opponent over its head and skewer it with arrows. Another air attack, and one of my favorites from the brief time I played, is initiated by pressing down and A if I recall correctly. Decidueye vanishes and reappears on the ground, launching a Sucker Punch to the gut. If it lands, you can press A again for a stronger follow-up punch that launches them away to shift the phase.

>Decidueye doesn't have as much distance game as I thought it would. No laser arrows across the field that I saw or found. Some of its projectile moves glow green, apparent Grass-based attacks like Razor Leaf. When it launches arrows with a purple, Ghostly effect, they can seal the opponent from using Support, an apparent reference to Spirit Shackle blocking switches. There are several moves that do this, including a field trap, a grab, and the Burst Attack (which looks awesome). My opponents expressed frustration when I started trying to use this strategically to cut off their healing, buffs, and alternate attacks.
>>
File: IMG_9107.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9107.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>The forward A combo (in duel, not certain about field) is Spirit Shackle into a spiraling tornado of leaves which lifts Decidueye up, allowing it to use the aerial command grab on the third button press. The combo we saw in the trailer where it slashes with a wing, spins the arrow it just grabbed, fires it, and rushes forward uses the Y button. Back A launches what seems to be Frenzy Plant, as huge roots or vines reach out from behind Decidueye. It has a somewhat lengthy cooldown animation. Its charge move is another Leaf Tornado type attack that spins out ahead of it. Some of its other notable attacks included a downwards, two-handed Leaf Blade strike that ends combos and some cool kicks, such as the Hunting Hawk move borrowed from Hwoarang in Tekken. It can also do this Hadouken looking pose which as far as I've seen just seems to push people off, but I feel like there might be something more to the move that we haven't discovered. According to other folks, the invisible forward dash has brief invincibility. I didn't get the chance to check up and down stances or what their effects may be.

>All in all, the character feels great. The moveset is a good mix of Grass and Ghost attacks with some close-range humanoid fighter moves and some actually owl-like options. Its animations have a lot of personality, especially the entry where it drops down, the ending pose where it cheers, and the in-Burst victory clip. It even moves somewhat like a bird as it dashes about with its wings folded and hops backward awkwardly. Biological accuracy is not the strong point here though, with those physics-defying, logic-confounding arm-wings. I love Decidueye's concept and overall design, just try not to think about the "science" behind it.
>>
>>32776594
I played on a TV screen and the frame rate never dropped that I saw. It was non-split screen two-player and I'm pretty sure it was running fine at 60. It looked sharper than Pokken WiiU, but that could be either resolution because my understanding was that the game underperformed on the previous console. Some of the particles and attack effects looks unfinished, which is consistent with the missing stage background we saw in the trailer. Most noticeable was Weavile's Icicle Crash, which looked like icicle.jpg compared to the final effect in WiiU. It was fun, and the new characters that I played were all great. Can't wait to try 3v3!
>>
>>32776590
>DX
Kys
>>
>>32776692
Oh great, we have to do this again.
>>
>>32776590
Did you have a chance to take a look at the town hub? Did they add any new single player modes or are we stuck with the same old awful story mode?
>>
>>32777010
I need to know this. The lack of single player content is why i only picked the game up a few times after initially playing it.
>>
>>32777010
Nah, just a demo of 1v1 available, not the completed game. I'd love more content like that but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>32777229
>Just 1v1 demo

So you didn't get to try 3v3?
I'm curious as to if you can pick a Pokemon multiple times or not for 3v3. I'd imagine not, but I'm still hoping for a choice of how many you use à la Skullgirls.
>>
>>32777402
Sadly didn't have the opportunity to try 3v3. I'm not even sure it was available on the demo.
>>
Was the leaf tornado charged move done by holding A, X or Y?
>>
were there any balance changes to existing characters
>>
>>32777947
X, I believe. Like Garchomp's spin rush.
>>
File: received_1378237348892783.jpg (28KB, 589x250px) Image search: [Google]
received_1378237348892783.jpg
28KB, 589x250px
>>32776609
>>
>>32778014
Almost certainly. The arcade has been patched consistently, and Nintendo seems to want to support this release. A few of the diehard fans said they noticed some changes to Charizard during yesterday's invitational tournament.
>>
>>32778072
I've noticed that this move can be cancelled into a leaf tornado attack and the dual leaf Blade. What buttons do you press to do this? And can you do any other move out of it?
>>
Do you think it's possible that this Game would continue to add in more content post launch?
>>
I'm guessing the special attack are:
Back A: Frenzy plant
Forward A: Spirit Shackle
A: Fury attack (which can cancel into leaf Blade and leafage)
Up A: Smack down
Aerial A: Sucker punch
He does not have a down A on the grounded
He does not have a charged A
>>
>>32778261
Not OP but I don't think it is likely. Fingers crossed though
>>
File: received_1386296371420214.png (8KB, 293x187px) Image search: [Google]
received_1386296371420214.png
8KB, 293x187px
>>32778296
Originally thought that the charged attack was done with A, so I had the list like this
>>
File: received_1386296378086880.png (759KB, 943x525px) Image search: [Google]
received_1386296378086880.png
759KB, 943x525px
>>32778384
>>
>>32778261
Who really knows? I think balance patches for at least a while aren't outside the realm of possibility. New stages? Maybe? New characters? It would be awesome but don't hold your breath. I'd just be happy to see the game succeed better than on WiiU.
>>
>>32778610
doubt it's gonna sell better than on the wii u, ports rarely do

they really should've been working on a sequel instead
>>
>>32778648
This is such a weird case because of the install base and wishy washy initial launch on WiiU. I would've much preferred a sequel a little ways down the line. The only reason I'm even planning to buy the port is because the additions suit me. Improved local multiplayer was one of my wishes, since I im a casual gamer who plays with friends. Decidueye is one of my favorite Pokémon, Scizor and Empoleon are up there, too, and Darkrai and Croagunk both look fun. It's possible that the Switch hype may make a difference here, but I really don't know. Ports have it rough.
>>
>>32778384
i think nA is Spirit Shackle and >A is Fury attack

also he can do Spirit Shackle out of Fury attack as well
>>
>>32779267
That makes more sense, especially since you could use A for spirit shackle, X for leafage and Y for leaf blade maybe. I think you could also combo it into the aerial grab like they did in the direct, maybe with B (jump), then R(hover) and then A+B for the grab. Just speculating but it sounds like a lot of fun
>>
File: 1481954107841.jpg (204KB, 900x973px) Image search: [Google]
1481954107841.jpg
204KB, 900x973px
Where the fuck is Ash-greninja?
>>
>>32779407
Too Busy with Smash Bros.
>>
>>32779399
the aerial grab is probably just A while floating in the air,

for what they did in the direct, i think leafage puts you into the hover after the attack so that's how i think they got that combo
>>
>>32779431
This is accurate. The talon grab is A or A directional in the air, and the Leafage cyclone leaves you hovering.
>>
File: DCWS53WUAAA8dDM.jpg (20KB, 400x177px) Image search: [Google]
DCWS53WUAAA8dDM.jpg
20KB, 400x177px
Saw this Image.

Either Rayquaza appears in a support set or these are the artwork for the card game.
>>
>>32782725
Nevermind it's part if the Card Game.

But this is still as stretch right?
>>
They should add a bit more characters as free dlc to show support.
>>
>>32784910
Heracross, Tyranitar, and any bearmon and I'm happy.
>>
>>32784910
The game already has the DLC, this is the complete edition
>>
>>32776609
>>I love Decidueye's concept and overall design, just try not to think about the "science" behind it.
Owlfags everone
>>
How many Tekken characters show up in movesets or personality? All I know of is
>Pikachu: Heihachi/Kazuya
>Garchomp: Bryan Fury
>Decidueye: Hwoarang
but there has to be a few more.
>>
>>32785285
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRCUCPg0ciM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5RBI3vVM9o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1UXbKzc2k8
>>
>>32785285
Zard is Devil Jin
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.