[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is what the Pokémon models will look like in generation 8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2240.png (2MB, 1920x1073px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2240.png
2MB, 1920x1073px
This is what the Pokémon models will look like in generation 8
>>
You highly overestimate Switch hardware.
>>
>>32775296
There are already games that look better than this picture for the Switch and announced for the Switch.
>>
>>32775279
The SM models already have a high polygon count for Switch compatability. Who's ready for 3+ more years of floating Xatu?
>>
File: Pikachu_-_Pokken_Tournament.png (3MB, 2867x3139px) Image search: [Google]
Pikachu_-_Pokken_Tournament.png
3MB, 2867x3139px
>>32775279
Nah, it's probably going to be more like this.
>>
>>32775296
You really underestimate Switch hardware.
>>
>>32775304
The problem is this isn't how Gamefreak rolls and we all know it. The Switch won't even use half of it's potential until the remakes/second set of games come out for the system.

We'll be getting 3DS assets in a non shit resolution and while it will look better, not look amazing.
>>
>>32775325
Oh yeah, for sure. GameFreak won't be able to manage it at first. My point was the Switch could definitely handle it.
>>
>>32775304
There aren't, but okay.

The game will also likely continue the 3DS visual direction of trying to emulate the official artwork, since the hardware is actually capable of improving that style a lot. Possibly not, though, a lot of people want the plastic meme.
>>
>>32775330
The 3DS could actually do a little better than Sun/Moon as well, though admittedly not by an amazing amount, but that didn't really stop them from being lazy.

Like I get it, HD pokemon on a dedicated home console, but holy shit they're getting their expectations far too high.
>>
File: Pokemon-Go-Pikachu-1.png (539KB, 501x800px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Go-Pikachu-1.png
539KB, 501x800px
We're getting the same models as in Gen VI, Gen VII, and GO. But their resolution will be equal to or greater than GO's models.
>>
>>32775334
Haha, I too know that Mario Kart, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 have had no footage shown on Switch whatsoever!
That'll probably be the overall direction, but they will definitely move to higher quality models (like the one shown in the picture) eventually.
>>32775339
Yeah, there's no way it'll look as amazing as some people expect. I'm just expecting Sun/Moon stuff in HD, preferably with a stable 60 fps docked and undocked.
>>
>>32775359
None of those games have models as high of quality as that in the OP. I bet you believe the PS2 had games that looked as good as Toy Story, too.
>>
>>32775279
Probably not, i mean do you really expect every pokemon to have their own model and animation?
>>
They already look like that, you just don't notice due to the shit resolution, lighting, and textures.

>>32775356
There's no such thing as "model resolution". You mean the screen resolutikon
>>
>>32775374
>There's no such thing as "model resolution"
>>
>>32775373
They already do. The only change is the lighting
>>
ITT: People who don't understand how models, graphics, or anything even remotely related to 3D works.
>>
The fact that we know GF will not tap into the potential of the Switch's graphics pisses me off

I just want a core Pokémon game with really good graphics
>>
>>32775296
If you think Breath of the Wild is the extent of the hardware, you're sadly mistaken.

If we can get a game like Battle Revolution running on fucking Wii then there shouldn't be any problem getting OP's image to work.
>>
>>32775375
He's right though.

You can increase or decrease polygon counts, but what makes or breaks how a model looks are the textures and shaders.

>>32775444
They really don't have to do much. If the game is just Gen VII styled environments with more detail while everyone is Gen VI battle model quality, their work is good as done
>>
The models in XY and SM have very high polygon count, that's why they look so good at higher resolutions in emulators and run so bad on a console that can't render them well enough to maintain a stable framerate.
We'll be stuck with these for a long time.
>>
>>32775470
What the hardware can do isn't relevant.
What the hardware can do for Pokemon is slightly more.
The topic of the day? What the hardware will do for pokemon.

>>32775497
Yes.
>>
>>32775306
>>32775497
These guys got it.

I would suspect the first games on the Switch, probably gen 8's first games, will basically look like what SM does on an emulator, maybe with improved textures.

Which is also why, even considering Gamefreak's gross incompetence, I still suspect the framerate will be stable.
>>
>>32775506
>>32775306
3DS can handle between 7 and 15 million polygons per second max.

PSVita maxes out at 133 million and is built on archetecture that the Tegra X1 exceeds 2-3 generations.

Tegra X1's geometry is supposed to be reasonable high for a mobile chip. Anywhere between 300 million and roughly 1.7 billion polygons per second. This is a demo running on a SoC that's almost evenly matched with the Tegra X1 just to give an idea of what the system can do on a good day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq9FcOEI4M8

It's fair to say Switch isn't going to struggle as much with the amount of Pokemon models on screen.
>>
>>32775311
Too realistic. I prefer the pic i posted in the OP because it is clean .
>>
File: Blaziken faceplant 4ch.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Blaziken faceplant 4ch.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
why do people always point to stadium of what pokemon animations should look like over pokken
>>
>>32775372
they literally do anon it's time to stop
>>
>>32775617
THIS
anyone who really thinks the switch game is ACTUALLY going to lag is an utter moron
>>
>>32775838
Because they're epic and funny and totally not out of place like dancing Rhydon and melting Jynx and certainly they don't make a battle last four time longer than it should hahaha
>>
File: 1446839527217.jpg (15KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1446839527217.jpg
15KB, 500x375px
>>32775279
>still runs at 15 fps
>>
File: d5d.gif (2MB, 538x572px) Image search: [Google]
d5d.gif
2MB, 538x572px
>>32775311
>>32775279
>mfw switchfags actually believe the pokemon switch game will fully utilize the hardware
>>
>>32775279
It'll literally look like SM with minor tweaks.
>>
People who thinks it's gonna be a huge jump not gonna hsppen.

I don't even think it's gonna be Pokken level. That's 21 Pokemon.

They have to animate 800 Pokemon + the new Pokemon in gen 8. Then all the 100s of moves etc.

The reason the pokemon have high number of polygons in 3ds games is because makes it future proof
>>
pokemon battle revolution graphics were great, they should use those
>>
>>32776829
It doesn't matter if it fully utilizes the hardware or not. It won't take much of its power to be a major step up from the 3DS generation and people will eat that shit up.
>>
>>32776916
Most Pokemon move animation is a Pokemon making one out of several gestures that conjures the move animation/effect. The only exception to this would be signature moves.

They can easily recycle move animations and add or change some things.
>>
>>32775279
I unironically hope they just make a normal looking pokemon game with higher resolution assets and a third person camera
>>
>>32777066
The move away from 240p and 5rps will be enough for alot people
>>
Simply having Pokemon on a system that doesn't have shit tier resolution would make me pretty happy to be honest.

I think this is what they call Stockholm Syndrome.
>>
>>32775279
Nope, the overworld will be better but the battle models will look the same yet.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.