[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Worst decisions made by them.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 4

>Allowing Genesect in early Gen 6.
>>
>>32774653
>Not IP banning Verlis
>Taking too long with banning Phera
>Not having people make easy to digest videos instead of walls of text discussing their banning process

Casuals don't like reading paragraphs. They like being tricked into learning.
>>
>banning metagrossite and baton pass while stall remains unscathed
fuck smogonshitters and their pretentious councils
>>
>>32774653
Not banning Snorax in Gen 2. The entirity of Gen 2 revolves around how things support, deal, check Snorlax and what other things counter/check the Snorlax checks. In the Viability rankings, theres litereally a rank called (S)norax Rank where they specifically state, "it's the best, period" AND THEY STILL DIDNT BAN IT! Gen 2 meta meta would have been a lot more tolerable if they just got rid of the fat fuck.
>>
>>32774653
Starting their community.
>>
>>32774712
>what is the dugtrio suspect
You should have gotten reqs to vote lad.
>>
Not banning Lando-T. It is the biggest hole in the banning process as its is too hard to quantify why it is broken.
>>
>>32774736

smogon wasn't around in gen 2 retard
>>
>>32774757

Showdown does old meta games silly.
>>
>>32774764

and the point of the old metagames is to play them how they were originally
>>
Not banning Lando-T. Not a single ban this Gen has toned down the fact that you're a coin flip from fighting a Lando T. Once Greninja and Lele get pushed out too it'll keep climbing.
>>
>>32774757
They still have forium discussioins dedicated for it and created a meta for it retard. It doesnt matter if they didn't exist back in 1999.
>>
>>32774779
No, the point of Smogon metas is to have a metagame where nonthing overtly centralizing or broken is allowed (which is why Ubers exist and sleep clause is enabled) and that luck based tactics are diminished (which is why theres a OHKO and evasion clause). to the lowest point so that people don't spend 500turns trying to hit each other or happen to lose an unfavorable matchu because Fissure decided to hit.
>>
>>32774736
t. person who never played gen2 pass one game
>>
>>32774821
>>32774789

they aren't going to go back and retcon old gens. The oldfags would riot
>>
>>32774828
wrong. I played gen 2 back when Netbattle was the go to simulator. Wanted Snorlax banned back then and still want it banned today.
>>
>>32774841
> I played gen 2 back when Netbattle was the go to simulator.

you're really showing how much of a newfag you are if you weren't playing on IRC. Snorlax isn't even the worst thing about that generation anyway
>>
>>32774653
The Little Cup community is retarded this year. First up they banned Porygon instead of Banning Conversion, then they followed it up by banning Vulpix instead of Drought. LC is treating its bans like it's part of a different community altogether.
>>
>>32774848
Only contrarian faglords used IRC for Pokemon battling. Plus IRC was really only one year older for that kind of stuff anyway.
>>
>>32774749
I understood why they didn't bother because of usage but the offensive Z move sets are bullshit.
>>
They always fucking unban Genesect and the same thing always fucking happens. STOP IT.
>>
>>32775274
OU Genesect is the funnest mon to use. It is my favorite part of each gen.
>>
>>32774653
Bot banning Landorus-T and probably not banning tapu lele making every team more generic
>>
>>32774653
existing
>>
>>32775573
Tapu Lele isn't even that good right now.
It actually dropped a rank in viability today.
>>
Not banning smogongenie
>>
>>32774821
>>32775658
Whoops, fucked up my wording there. I meant to say, how are 6 hour long stall battles any better?
>>
File: 1495623045861.jpg (53KB, 595x398px) Image search: [Google]
1495623045861.jpg
53KB, 595x398px
>>32775573
>there are people that still think Tapu Lele is gonna be banned
It's not January anymore, Patrick.
>>
>>32775658

I remember when some battles were decided by whoever ran out of PP first.

No, not the PP of one move.

Not the PP of one pokemon.

PP of the entire team. One guy would just wait till the other completely ran out of attacks before sending out their last attacker to sweep. Gen 2 was fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>32774653
>Not banning Phermosa the day SM came out
It was literally Deoxys-A for OU and people were STILL defending it on the forums.
>>
Taking forever to ban Mega Sableye in Gen 6.
Taking forever to ban Mega Sableye in Gen 7 (yes, they will, thier pro-stall lobby is too strong).
Taking forever to ban Z-Moves in Gen 7 not realising it's a fundamentally broken mechanic that makes everything uncounterable and unpredictable.
>>
>>32775725
Sounds like you should just go back and play Gen VI instead.
>>
>>32775725
They need to just do something about Showdown's matchmaking algorithm. Maybe a set of options?
>Stall OK
>Stall not OK
Then just flag certain moves/Pokemon/abilities as likely users of stall, and Bob's your uncle.
>>
>>32774653
Pretty much every ban that they use.
Tiers and limiting pokemon to those tiers is fine, but they don't need to ban fucking everything! I mean Jesus Christ I can't use Gravity and Hypnosis in doubles? Fuck off!
>>
>Limiting gimmick-mons to one and one tier

i.e Blaziken, Tangrowth
>>
>>32774749
This
>>
Not banning Lando/Zygarde/Magearna/Greninja Bros/Lele
>>
Banning Metagross Mega
Almost banned Dugtrio
Not banning Landorus T
>>
>>32774653
Not banning Lando-T yet is up there
>>
>Banning a lot of Regular Pokémon because people didn't know how to counter them (Salamence, Garchomp, Aegislash etc)

>Banning Baton Pass.
Even though it's predictable and if your opponent sets up its your fault

>Lol no prankster + foul play its too good!

>Not upgrading the graphics on showdown.
The ugly BGs and Attacks are great!
>>
>>32774749
Just use any fast Pokémon that can super effectively hit it. Especially ice.
>>
>>32777192
>Not upgrading the graphics on showdown.
Not exactly related but why is alolan raticate just a still sprite?
>>
>>32777233
Nobody has ever used it so it just fell through the cracks.
>>
>>32777192
>Banning a lot of Regular Pokémon because people didn't know how to counter them
I recognize this autism.
Next you'll say Regice is a better special wall than Chansey.
>>
Banning funbro
>>
>>32775274
>Gen VIII rolls around
>Genesect, Aegi, Phero, Marshadow all unbanned
I love early meta OU. It's chaotic and everybody is just trying to settle in with the next new strategies.
>>
Taking their sweet, sweet time with the suspect testing in OU instead of just steamrolling through Lando-T / Greninja Bros / Mage / Zygarde

>>32775274
They at least didn't unban Deoxys this time around. Fucking jesus that was cancer incarnate.
>>
>>32777279
I am not THAT retarded
>>
>>32777584
This. It's retarded that they take so fucking long to suspect shit
>>
>>32775777
Tangrowth is not a gimmick mon.
>>
>>32779173
It wouldn't be OU if Garchomp, Zygarde and Landeros weren't so prevalent
>>
>>32779309
what's your point? Parasect would be ou if every pokemon faster than it didn't exist
>>
>>32774653
>Banning Blaziken as a whole because of Speed Boost and Muh Complex Bans
>Banning Drizzle+Swift Swim on the same team instead of banning Drizzle all together in the same generation and then make a complex rule set on how to use Baton Pass
>Then decided to ban Greninja as a whole instead of Protean because it wasn't broken on Kecleon, but also ban Baton Pass altogether instead of Scolipede, Magearna, Necrozma, or passing speed increases despite every other Baton Pass users being a-ok
Why can't they be consistent with their suspects?
>>
>>32779331
Parasect still wouldn't be OU. It's shit all around and there are hundreds of Pokemon faster than it, unlike the few Pokemon anon mentioned.
>>
>>32774653
>Allowing Genesect in early every gen
>>
>that retarded council
>allowing people to vote for bans
Smogon went to shit after gen 3
>>
>>32779363
BP wasn't banned in Ubers because of Scolipede, Magearna and Necrozma. If those were banned in OU, you'd just use Eevium Z + Krookodile just like Ubers.
>>
>>32779363
>they banned deoxys-a as a whole instead of only allowing it to have 2 attacks
>>
>>32779458
Nigga, read the rest of the post.
>>
>>32775568

The problem is everyone else finds it fun to use too :P
>>
>>32777205
>Fast
>Ice
Literally just Kyurem and Weavile, Froslass is shit. And if it uses Rock Polish you're fuckd.
>>
>>32779388

this the general public can't be allowed to decide what it wants because it doesn't know what it wants or what it needs and needs to be ruled over by those who will can and have foresight instead of living in the now.

especially if the general public is uneducated and goes for feelings over hard reality and facts.
>>
Either the gen 6 mega gengar suspect or >>32774749
>>
>>32781889
>Needing an ice type to take down Landorus-T
>>
>>32777584
>Taking their sweet, sweet time with the suspect testing in OU
>steamrolling through Lando-T/Zygarde
Not this
>>
>>32782211
Sorry, meant to put "this" after the first one.
>>
>>32779363
>blaziken
to be fair, they probably would have had to do the same thing with thundurus-i and excadrill
>>
>>32774653
>banning everything that is fun
>m-muh 30 min stal battles

I play since RBY and competitive since [200] (if you underaged ppl know what it is) and this is the first time that even someone like me say that smogon became just trash.

Even VGC is more competitive than this meta.
>>
>>32779363
>Then decided to ban Greninja
Haven't been keeping up with Smogon the past few days. Ashfrog got banhammered?
>>
>>32782166
This.
Mega Gengar should have obviously been quickbanned.
>>32784879
Not yet. Regular Greninja is getting suspected after the world cup is over.
>>
File: 1495509409525.jpg (908KB, 2081x1731px) Image search: [Google]
1495509409525.jpg
908KB, 2081x1731px
>>32782763
>I'm an oldfag so trust me
Oldfags are the absolute worst, they think that because they played some outdated title that they know shit or that their standards are the ones that should be followed.
>>
File: 1465134045857.gif (3MB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
1465134045857.gif
3MB, 320x214px
>We don't make complicated bans
>Makes baton pass clause
>>
>>32784973
Not anymore buddy
>>
>>32784879
Gen 6 greninja.
>>
>>32774653
existing
smogon < VGC
>>
>>32784973
Good thing they finally fixed that this gen.
Now complexbanfags can fuck off.
>>
>infinite battle clause*
>attract ban
>>
Okay, be fucking honest, is Genesect REALLY that broken? Or are you just mad because "UTURN IS ANNOYING!"

I love bug types and whenever one actually gets good like genesect and phero, people ban it. At least there's still Scizor, but any other bug is barely usable in OU for the last 2 gens
>>
>>32786442
>bu hu my broken ass legendaries are getting banned
>>
>>32786459

>pheromosa is a legendary

Genesect is bottom tier ubers btw. It's barely borderline overpowered if anything, but I'm sure annoying is the main reason
>>
>>32786468

Ubers is a banlist first and a tier second. If something that gets banned from OU is shit in ubers that's not really a concern.

Especially when most of Ubers is shit in Ubers by default when you're contending with Primal Groudon who is only in 99.8% of teams.
>>
>>32786442
If you were such an **********bug expert******* you'd have long since used Genesect already and realized how fucking good it is.

It's Scizor who can go mixed, go fast and get a free specs on band every turn. How the fuck is that not extremely good? Have you literally never played competitive in your life or what?
>>
>>32786468
>le "it's not good in ubers"
>>
>>32784931
>Mega Gengar should have obviously been quickbanned.
I mean the Ubers suspect test, not the OU to Ubers one
>>
>>32774653
Listening too much to hyper offense retards who think everything they can't kill by just pressing the same button over and over should be banned.
>>
>>32786572

But a lot of the stuff that got banned was things that get one-shotted but are way too hard to predict.
>>
>>32786583
Lol, Pheromosa gave problems only to hyper offense retards, it was a wasted slot vs every other playstyle, it got banned because of hyper offense players whining.
>>
>>32786588

That is true.
>>
>>32774749
The incredibly high usage of lando-t is a symptom of the issues with the game itself and not really a problem with landorus itself. The issue is how stupidly strong physical attackers have gotten over the course of the last two gens making defensive play on more offensively oriented teams nigh impossible with lando-t or tankchomp on your team who dont even really stop the physical attackers as much as die and attempt to chip them for as much as they possibly can before they go under.
>>
>>32786610
And then they go and nerf Gengar, the physical bias is real.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.