[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will GameFreak ever give us a post game as good as Gold/Silver HG/SS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: 1494775172755.png (227KB, 635x661px) Image search: [Google]
1494775172755.png
227KB, 635x661px
Will GameFreak ever give us a post game as good as Gold/Silver HG/SS?
>>
No.
>>
>>32773742
Kanto is not post game.
>>
>>32773749
It's after entering the Hall of Fame and the credits.
>>
File: 1496767783809.png (102KB, 200x298px) Image search: [Google]
1496767783809.png
102KB, 200x298px
>good post game
>it's just kanto
>kanto
>good
>>
>>32773767
>>>/global/rules/6
>>
>>32773752
But the credits play again after you beat Red.

If you consider Kanto to be post-game then the main game in GSC is pathetic.
>>
Apart from the Delta chapter and Kanto, post game has been shit.

Also, don't act like when you were a kid you didn't freak out seeing Red at Mt. Silver, because that is one of the greatest moments in the franchise of the game
>>
No, because the only reason we got an entire separate region as post-game was because they finished GS, then the game got optimized and there was enough space left to shove a copy of Kanto in, and up until that space got created they had no intention of going back to Kanto within the games.

They'd have to, towards the end of creating a new game, realize that they don't actually need to include the full poly models in the game files and replace them all with more reasonable sized models, which would free up space while also at least partially fixing the frame rate issue. So no.
>>
>>32773752
Credits are there just for surprise factor.
The johto games just have the longest campaign, which leaves G/S with no post game. Crystal had the tower and HGSS have battle frontier. Pretty average post game.
>>
>>32773803
The Battle Tower in Crystal is accessible right after you reach Olivine City, it's not "post-game". And the original Japanese version is actually a facility for you to compete against other players online, not yet another set of AI-based NPC trainers.
>>
GSC postgame is shit. Neutered Kanto isn't fun to go through, even moreso if you don't enjoy Kanto to begin with. If you don't count Kanto as postgame, there's literally nothing but International Crystal's Tower. HGSS I guess has the Platinum Battle Frontier and some other new side attractions to play with, but the Platinum Frontier is the worst of the three post-game Battle Facility set-ups with actual meat to them, and the new Safari Zone compounds the bullshit Safari Game with long wait times for some encounters, so that just leaves Pokethlon which is pretty alright.
>>
>>32773742
>Will GameFreak ever give us a post game as good as BW2?

fixed that for you.
>>
>>32773840
GSC don't have "post-game", i.e., things you can only do after beating the main campaign. RGBY just have Cerulean Cave, I think.
>>
>>32773840
Kanto was mostly restored in HGSS.
>>
Kanto is probably the most literal "post-game" experience, since they had already finished making the game before adding it.
>>
File: b2w2 covers.jpg (86KB, 570x300px) Image search: [Google]
b2w2 covers.jpg
86KB, 570x300px
>>32773780
>>32773742

We already got a game with a better postgame than G/S/C/HG/SS
>>
>>32773883
I don't even remember what happened in their post games.
>>
>>32773876
See >>32773866

"Post-game" was started by Emerald and Platinum.
>>
Okay, let's all just agree that the Delta Chapter is the best post game and move on.
>>
>>32773866
Honestly, post-game is the worst buzzword for the fanbase, because people will argue what's truly post-game, and things that may be in post-game in one entry appear in the main story in another. What's most important for what most try to get at with "post-game" is what will give the game lasting appeal, which is ultimately things like Battle Facilities, side attraction game modes like Contests and Pokethlon that let you use your Pokemon in different ways, the various ways to train new Pokemon, and multiplayer. From there which is better could be argued by the quantity and quality of the individual aspects.

Everything else, like the main adventure, optional areas, capturing legendaries, I would just jumble under basic content. It's one and done, unless you're gonna replay the whole game. Not that it isn't an important metric to the quality of the games on their own.
>>
>>32773910
Of the post-credits scenarios the recent games had, I liked XY's Looker Bureau the most. Delta Episode had whack writing, but them trying to retool some of Emerald's story battles and the hype as fuck climax still makes it pretty cool. The Ultra-Files was just a mess.
>>
I liked that big ass island on D/P/Pt
>>
>>32773791
there was still almost a gb left of space on the sm carts
game freak is just lazy
>>
>>32773892
The entire games are a post game from BW :^)
You can do the PWT, beat Benga on top of Black Tower/White Treehollow, get a shiny egg from him after beating, visiting town from the other side of Unova (where you start at the first game), fight N with his dragon, rebattling him one time each month with a different team, catch Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom, fight Colress, Hugh, Cynthia, catch a lot of legendaries, complete the Unova dex to catch a shiny Haxorus
>>
Gen1: literally no postgame except Mewtwo
Gen2: pretty good post game if you count Kanto
Gen3: okay postgame, but not much
FrLg: meh
Gen4: pretty long and filled postgame
HgSs: probably the best postgame in the series
BW: Close third
B2W2: Close second
Gen6: meh
Gen7: also meh
>>
Eh, the FRLG islands did put a smile on my face. It's too bad there was nothing worth at the last one, should have ended with a bang.
>>
>>32774324
this

platinum's postgame completely satisfied me
>>
>>32774459
what was BW postgame?
>>
>>32774459
Platinum had a better postgame than HGSS imo.
>>
>>32775806
Find the six sages, catch Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion if you don't did it before, catch Kyurem, come to the other cities/towns, the Undella ruins stuff and can't remember more.
>>
File: 1464766987770.jpg (495KB, 1280x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1464766987770.jpg
495KB, 1280x1447px
>>32775825
>same shit but instead a whole region just a shitty island
>better
>>
>>32775841
If you can do it previous to become champion is not postgame
>>
>>32775850
Oh, fuck off. Credits show up after beating Ghetsis.
>>
>>32775842
Well actually, since Platinum was released first, the Battle Frontier in HG was the same shit to me, since I had already beaten it. I liked how Platinum handled gym leader rematches more, and I liked the E4 more. I also liked the legendary hunts more than in HG.
>>
File: Ddumb.png (332KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ddumb.png
332KB, 640x480px
>>32775858
WOW! no shit dude!
>>
but those games didn't even have a good post game
>>
>>32773742
Kanto is bare bones as fuck, even in HGSS. Also muh level scaling ruins the games.
>>
>>32775922
who cares about the main game?
>>
If HG/SS didn't the copy pasted Frontier, would its post game have been praised so much? Kanto is very dull for the most part
>>
>>32775924
Exactly. Sacred gold and Storm Silver are better.
>>
>>32775927
did anyone even play the frontier? i didn't bother since i had already done it in platinum
>>
>>32773742
But HGSS was shit. It didn't give me what I wanted, a conclusion to Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.
>>
>>32773749
>(you)
>>
>>32776480
It's not though, see leveling in Johto compared to other regions
The levels become equal to other leagues in the after-kanto league
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.