[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you still love Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

TFW you go on /V/ and people bashing Pokemon

http://www.strawpoll.me/13193177
>>
File: 1461959220315.png (49KB, 196x196px) Image search: [Google]
1461959220315.png
49KB, 196x196px
>>32773361
Why would I still be on this board if I didn't?
>>
>>32773361
Nobody on /vp/ loves Pokemon.
>>
File: 1491003073300.png (655KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1491003073300.png
655KB, 600x450px
>go on /v/
>>
Just the games. Anybody born in the 90's that still likes the anime should do us a favor and kill themselves.
>>
>>32773379
because there are apparently autists who don't here
>>
>>32773361
I love my pokebros. the rest i dont care about.
>>
>>32773390
Echo chamber post. Go get your sociopathy and/or psychopathy checked.
>>
I disliked the last two main games but I still love the franchise.
>>
>>32773361
/v/ has been bashing everything lately. The threads they had that discussed games positive-like have disappeared for the most part. Now /v/ is filled with /pol/ race/sjw wars.
>>
I love the franchise. I just feel the need to be critical of it, since it has the potential to be so much more than it is right now.
>>
>>32773361
/v/ loves Pokemon more than /vp/, they actually want to fuck them
>>
>>32773361
I still like the franchise, or else I wouldn't be able to put up with this board every day. I'm quite easy to please when it comes to the franchise, because I take it for what it is instead having unrealistic expectations.
>>
>>32773433
Was just in a thread on /v/ which started out with typical rage & shitposting, but around 400 posts in it turned out that what everyone had been arguing about probably didn't even exist & a bunch of anons started laughing about it - then carried on arguing anyway

/v/ is fascinating
>>
I love Pokemon forever
>>
>>32773574
So you watch the Korean dub of the anime?
>>
>>32773594
Why would I?
>>
>>32773624
Pokémon Forever is one of its opening songs.
>>
>>32773361
Yeah.
>>
>>32773361
I love the idea of pokemon, and the world of pokemon, and the designs of the pokemon themselves BUT the games have been rough lately. Maybe I don't love it the way I used to and thats okay, time moves like that sometimes.
>>
File: time to go our separate ways.jpg (7KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
time to go our separate ways.jpg
7KB, 200x150px
>>32773361
I still love pokemon. Pokemon and Zelda were the main game series/worlds that got me through my shit childhood and high school years (and a few other games).

The games today don't quite capture the same magic that I had spending those late nights playing gen 2-4, but they still preserve the world that means a lot to me.

I know later games have had their problems, but I like that they're trying new things. It's good to know that pokemon won't be going away anytime soon.
>>
>>32774632
Also, maybe someday I won't be able to pick up pokemon again (a day I fear may come too soon) but I want to fondly remember the days I did have with this imaginary world of monsters.
>>
File: image.jpg (241KB, 1119x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241KB, 1119x1920px
>>32773361
>tfw I tried to walk away but just couldn't
Hurts my soul too much

I make it a point to play every gen. As I get older the time for it just keeps getting harder to find. I quit the anime back when they had black and white. I'm not really active on events or anything like I used to be. Now I just make it a point to get the Pokemon I want. I wish I had irl people to play with but that's not likely. If Pokemon ever ends I hope they just create a final version that'll last, kinda like runescape. I'd like to think that once I've made my money and achieved what I want, I'd retire playing vidya with my small group of friends. I.e. Pokemon and hentai for days
>>
Not the mainline games, not anymore. Gen 6 was so heinous I didn't even give 7 the benefit of the doubt. I've been able to consistently enjoy all pokemon games from gen 1 to 5, but it's like something at GF just snapped and they decided they don't want to make good games anymore.
>>
>>32773361
/v/ sucks. fuck /v/.
>>
Which game are you buying, Ultra, or the Switch game?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13180851
>>
>>32773390
>I should stop liking my favorite cartoon from the childhood
>>
File: 1495757594603.gif (997KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
1495757594603.gif
997KB, 500x269px
>>32773361
>http://www.strawpoll.me/13193177

Man the minority sure is the loudest on here huh?
>>
>>32773477
That's us, anon.
>>
>>32773361
What?? Some edgy teens in /v/ probably hate it, but i've seen threads in that board made by digifags pretending to say that Digimon is better and a lot of people defended pokémon. I think that /v/ likes pokémon more than i thought the first time that i posted there.
>>
File: 1477356361780.png (2MB, 1280x1493px) Image search: [Google]
1477356361780.png
2MB, 1280x1493px
>>32773361
I still like Pokémon as a franchise, I can go back and enjoy the good games from the past, appreciate the music and designs from newer games, etc., but I don't enjoy playing newer Pokémon games (XY and beyond). Game Freak has never been a good developer and when they do make good games it seems to be a fluke, which is why we've had a bad string of games lately.
I'm still going to give USUM a chance but I already don't like the Switch so I'll probably skip the next few games after that.
>>
File: 1497033869177.jpg (40KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497033869177.jpg
40KB, 550x512px
>>32773361
I love this franchise to pieces but I absolutely hate Gamefreak and Nintendo for running it. The games themselves were great but as time went on it got formulaic. And I don't mean standard formulaic, I mean we need characters that can be recycled formulaic. We'll never get a rival like Gary or Silver again. The bad guys won't be as over the top sinister as anything between gens 1 and 4. The game will never be balanced so competitive is inherently worthless. And they discovered the app store so less effort is being put into actual games as they are for more dumb meme games. I'd argue it started in gen 5 but the it become way too obvious to see that the games had been getting watered down by gen 6. Hurts watching something so good get boiled down so many times that they might just start burn a hole through the pot by the end of the year.
>TL;DR Love the franchise hate the companies behind it
>>
>>32778208
Also the fanbase is complete shit
I can honestly say that it's a clean 80%-20% divide between the autist, memers, and competitive players and the people who enjoy the game.
I wanna know how many people you can think off that are decent and not shitters off the top of your head. I can promise you it's primarily retards and maybe 1 to 3 "decent" fans
>>
>>32773361
I love Pokemon as a concept more than anything else. I haven't played the most recent games and don't bother with competitive shit anymore, but the idea of Pokemon still appeals to me. The only real offputting thing about it is the fanbase, furfags in particular.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.