[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /vp/ feel about Steel Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

How does /vp/ feel about Steel Pokemon?
>>
It's the most broken type
>>
they exist
>>
I wish rock had batter resists. Steel's ok, though. Could maybe handle a nerf.
But I think water needs a nerf more than steel does.
>>
>>32771148
>>
>>32771122
Next to Water and Fairy, it needs a nerf.

Make it weak to Grass since plants can and will eat away at buildings and steel within a year's time if they aren't managed.
>>
>>32771122
Apperently a great innocent type that doesn't deserve ANY nerfs according to the suffering chart
>>
>>32771885
How to make the most broken type in the game

Step 1: make it resist half the type chart, including all those types that are already pretty shitty

Step 2: make it immune to toxic

Step 3: make it the only thing standing between you and the second most powerful type's(Dragon, later Fairy) dick down your throat
>>
>>32771122
Second best type after psychic
>>
>>32771914
I wish Psychic was worth a damn still. How did the best Type in the game fall so low...
>>
>>32771958
it was utterly broken during gen 1 and as a result got overnerfed
>>
>>32771122
One of my favorite types, others being poison, electric, and bug.
>>
>>32772401
>both a steelfag and a bugfag
kill yourself
>>
>>32772401
Just from those types alone, I can tell that you fucking hate grass types with a passion.
>>
>>32771122
They should be weak to electric
>>
>>32772666
This.

And they should resist or at least be hit neutrally by fighting.

You ever try punching steel?
>>
Say what you want, but Ferrothorn was godsend.
>>
File: Pokémon_Red.png (6KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_Red.png
6KB, 160x144px
>>32771148

If you stop playing Pokémon after generation 1, You're not actual fan of Pokémon.
>>
>>32772681
I think the idea is that fighting types are strong enough to bend metal bars and shit
>>
>>32772666

No, they shouldn't.
>>
>>32772714
So should water not be weak to electricity either?
>>
>>32772712
I think fighting being strong against rock is enough.

Bending a bar is a lot different than being able to punch out a creature made of steel.
>>
>>32772770
Why should they have to punch it to do SE damage? The fighting type embodies superior physical strength, not just punching. Besides, you're trying to remove a weakness from a type that already resists over half the type chart. Steel needs more threats.
>>
>>32771885
>water needs a nerf
?
>>
>>32772980
t. Masuda
>>
>>32773009
i recently got into the game and not into competively battling

all i can guess is that it doesnt have many weakness?
>>
File: 1395164358038.png (365KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1395164358038.png
365KB, 500x500px
>>32773017
One of it's weaknesses is completely neutralized by being
>weak to ice which every water type carries
>poor coverage otherwise, so non-grass pokemon almost never have reason to be carrying grass moves.
And on the other hand with electric.
>there are a large amount of water/grounds neutralizing electric weakness
>electric type pokemon typically aren't that good. (poor coverage, sub-par damage, frail, etc)

Water types also have access to the ridiculously broken Scald. 80bp, 100% accuracy and 30% chance to burn, which cripples physically attackers. Note that most water types will run bold natures.

Offensively, water hits every type but grass, dragon and water for at least neutral. But since every water type gets Ice Beam, that means their innate coverage extends to the only type not hit for neutral is, of course; water type.
>>
>>32773124
Not to mention they make ice types 100% obsolete to use?
>>
>>32773167
Every ice type but Mamoswine and Weavile (And I guess Cloyster, but it is water type)

Of course, ice has its own problems.
>>
>>32773167
not just water types, literally any pokemon with ice type coverage>>>>actual ice type pokemon
>>
For some reason vp thinks Fairy is more cancerous than Steel.
>>
>>32773196
why is icetypes so shit?
>frail defenses
>on top of naturally strong phys counters

also is there any type more shit than ice?
>>
>>32773289
this article puts it really well imo http://www.smogon.com/articles/shafted-by-design
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.