[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please explain to me /vp/ why the most of you hate the idea of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1480061930691.jpg (51KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
1480061930691.jpg
51KB, 400x323px
Please explain to me /vp/ why the most of you hate the idea of pokemon having an open world instead of linear rutes? with the latest announcement of the Switch core game I think it's the ideal time to do it.
>>
>>32769689
What? Who hates open world?
>>
>>32769689
Underage can't afford a Switch.
>>
99% of open world games are aimless messes inb4 "b-but X was open world and it wasn't an aimless mess"

An open world Pokemon RPG wouldn't even work without changing core mechanics. They'd have to make the AI scale to your level or something.
>>
File: 1495145199545.png (887KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1495145199545.png
887KB, 1024x1024px
>>32769856
Well if knowing how Pokemon allows you to explore they will probably do some dumb shit to prevent you from going to that area of the map until X is done
>>
>>32769881
Won't that just be a normal Pokemon game?
>>
>>32769689
cause /vp/ is too terrified of change and wants to keep playing the same game over and over

even stranger is many people complain that pokemon is bad
yet they say the open world will be bad and won't work. so what? i'd rather they try something new and fail than keep doing the same shitty thing, at the very least they'd learn something from it and can build off of it in the future

the pokemon formula has already peaked. there will never be a 'perfect' pokemon game because they always remove good features that should be mainstays for whatever dumb reasons they have
the series cannot evolve the way it is
>>
>>32769689
No one likes linear routes. People miss the fact that you can tackle some of Kanto and Johto's gyms in any order, and they would love an open world game, if it was done well. Considering that Game Freak can't even properly optimize their own game, the chances of that happening are slim.
>>
>>32769890
I think OP meant for you to be able to have different options to go to an area of the map instead of "hey, go this way"
>>
>>32769689
Because Gamefreak is gonna rub the open world into our faces with more endless cutscenes.
>>
File: 1474548743033.png (25KB, 507x565px) Image search: [Google]
1474548743033.png
25KB, 507x565px
>>32769910
There were only like three gyms you could tackle out of order and that probably wasn't intentional. Kanto being open world in gen 2 only worked because by now you've got a beefed up team that can take on enemies 20 levels higher than you. And most of the NPCs used unevolved shitmons.

>>32769899
>the pokemon formula has already peaked
Like hell it has. Game Freak can't even make a linear adventure without filling it up with awkward roadblocks. What makes you think they could make a decent open world game?

>many people complain that pokemon is bad yet they say the open world will be bad and won't work.
That's because /vp/ isn't one person.
>>
>>32770064
are you retarded?
>>
>>32770173
Somethin' bugging you anon?
>>
actually, an open world could work and wouldn't even need to have ai scale to you, it just means you're getting too big for your britches (I haven't even lost a fight aside from battle facilities in 4 Gens). the bigger issue is, that gamefreak has a hard on for railroading you through a guided tour, despite a vast majority of the customer base being veteran pokemon players.

aside from that, too many open world games are 10% point of interest 90% nothing but filler space. the very premise of pokemon and having 800+ pokemon can remedy that itself by spreading the pokemon out in various areas.

buuuut... Game Freak has no experience in this mode of design at all if anything they'll have to have an outside expert in open world design holding their hand through development.
>>
>>32769689
>it's another "if it's not super linear game means it has to be a sandbox open world" meme thread
remember to hide and sage
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.