[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fixing Ice Type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1371.jpg (210KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1371.jpg
210KB, 1280x720px
So how do we fix Ice type? I was thinking add SE against rock (since rocks literally are broken by ice and since water is SE to it). And maybe add an ability or hail effect that makes fighting, rock, and steel just effective towards it or even NE towards it since when ice gets cold enough it can be harder than steel
>>
File: 1491003073300.png (655KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1491003073300.png
655KB, 600x450px
>nerfing rock
>>
Ice is already too OP as it is
If anything we need to nerf it even further

I'm sure GameFreak will agree with me
>>
>>32769524
Ice should resist Ice, Water, and Fairy. Hail should buff Ice types Defense
>>
>>32769576
i agree with everything but fairy, make it either ground of flying
>>
Have it resist ground and water, then make it SE against fire.
>>
>>32769524
Don't
>>
Everyone is concerned with fixing ice type, but if you ask me, the entire type chart needs revision.
>>
Fix/Nerf Water and it indirectly fixes Ice's problems.
>>
>>32769877
Yeah, the chart could some updates. Poison should have always been SE against Water since Gen 1.
>>
>>32770066
Nerfing water won't fix the fact that ice has no resistances aside from itself
>>
>>32770081
Ice could use some resistances, no denying that. Typically people want more buffed moves, but forget many water types get access to many of these ice moves.
>>
>>32770073
If anything, water should be super effective against poison.

I'm not actually suggesting this seriously though, but from a conceptually point of view it makes sense.
>>
>>32770101
God no, Poison needs more buffs. Water has had too good for too long.
>>
>>32769524
Make it resist Ground and Flying. Also boost defence in hail.
>>
>>32769524
Make ice resistant to grass, bug, fairy.

Since that then nerfs grass and bug, get rid of flying's resistance to grass and fairy's resistance to bug. Fairy can stand being nerfed.
>>
>>32770101
I don't get that line of thinking, if anything it should be the other way around, if you poison the well, it spoils the water table. Even if you dilute the poison it still has poison in it.

>>32770126
these are acceptable

but one thing that never really got through to me was how rock and not ground is SE against fire, you toss a rock into a fire it just burns around it. You toss dirt or sand in it and it smothers the fire, just as water would.

>>32770139
honestly, I think Ice should be immune to fairy, fairy needs to have a dreaded type, just as it became dragons dreaded type.

grass and bug resisting fairy as well works out, it gives them a much-needed buff.

but of any buff you make to Ice it's shouldn't be offensive because only water and water dual types (water/ice) win in that scenario.
>>
>>32770235
Ground is SE against fire...
>>
>>32770245
well then it's just a matter of why rock is SE against fire, it just stands to make fire weaker than water from an objective standpoint.

I thought for the longest time that ground was neutral to fire, then again most ground and rocks are dual types of the two anyways. same way a lot of people think psychic is SE to ghost, simply because of the nightshade family poison weakness.
>>
The one and only reason Ice is garbage is because there's no reason to be Ice type. Ice confers no defensive benefits, only resisting itself, and having weaknesses to four types, three of them extremely common. Being Ice type is more of a liability than anything else. Theoretically it could still be worth it if Ice types were just that good offensively, but they're not. Water types and even many others all get Ice moves, without the downside of being a super shitty type. And STAB is most certainly not worth being the worst type in the game

The only way to fix Ice is to make it a type worth actually being. It needs to provide some benefit that other types do not. And being immune to Hail is definitely not that benefit. Hail raising the defense of Ice types has been brought up, but while that would be nice, it doesn't really make the type much better. The easiest and most obvious way to fix Ice would be to give it more resists than just itself. Particularly resists that make it unique. Resisting Grass and Bug for example would be a waste of time. There are other types that do that already without being as shitty

Let's look at some other types that, while bad defensively, still have merits that make them worth considering. Grass has even more weaknesses than Ice, but the resists that it does have are extremely valuable. Water, Electric, Ground. These are all common types with only a few resists a piece. Combining these resists together makes for a useful defensive type. Bug is a bit worse than Grass, but it also has a valuable Ground resist and a Fighting resist that used to be more useful, but is still nice. Bug is down there in usefulness for Defensive types, but it still has utility to beat out Ice types. Rock is another one that's pretty bad, with a plethora of weaknesses, but it has plenty of resists to try and take advantage of. Ice has nothing. I would go as far as to say that Psychic is probably the second worst defensive type, almost as bad as Ice
>>
Fixing Ice types?

- Give them a water and fairy resist.
- Make hail buff the strength of Ice type moves
- Make more physical Ice attacks (Icicle Crash is ice's stongest with 85 BP and 90 Acc).
- Optionally: Raise ice type's defence during hail.

AND ABOVE ALL: Make offensive Ice types instead of defensive ones. Both Truly offensive Ice types do pretty good (Mamoswine and Weavile).
>>
>>32769524
Make Fire weak to Ice.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 600x848px
But anon, gen 4 already did fix it. + With Alolan Ninetales and Alolan Sandslash, hailteams can be truly great again.
>>
>>32769524
>So how do we fix Ice type?
The ice type doesn't need a fix,GF just needs to take their heads from their asses and make only fast offensive ice types with good secondary STABs and offensive abilities.
>>
>>32769524
>So how do we fix Ice type?
The ice type doesn't need a fix,GF just needs to take their heads from their asses and make only fast offensive ice types with good secondary STABs and offensive abilities that don't require a guide and appear before the 3rd gym.
>>
>>32770657
Ice is the equivalent of Sandstorm so having it raise defense would be proper
>>
>>32770091
>many water types get access to many of these ice moves.
you mean "almost all"
>>
Sneaky icicles hazard
>>
>>32769524
Keep the type as is in terms of weaknesses and resistances. Give hail a 1.5 boost to an Ice type's special attack. Make more ice types with offenses and speed over 100, and give them actual coverage and priority.

There, I fixed it.
>>
File: 1492312328160.jpg (138KB, 400x439px) Image search: [Google]
1492312328160.jpg
138KB, 400x439px
Why not have a move that has a 100% freeze if used by an Ice type? Call it Permafrost
>>
>>32771843
water types get it, it's a bigger buff to them than to ice types and all it does is increase the viability of types that are SE against ice
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.