[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hopes for USM?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 11

File: ultra-sun-ultra-moon-logo.jpg (91KB, 740x189px) Image search: [Google]
ultra-sun-ultra-moon-logo.jpg
91KB, 740x189px
Since it's pretty much confirmed that these will be the last Pokemon games for 3DS, what do you want to see in them as a final sendoff for the 3DS?
>Gym leaders replacing Trial Captains
>Three new islands, two of which are based on Molokai (Green/Oma'Oma'O) and Lanai (Orange/Alani) and will feature new guardian deitys, one Bug/Fairy and the other Fire/Fairy.
>The third island will be the new Battle Frontier facility that can be accessed in the post-game
>New Alolan forms, hopefully moving away from generation 1 pokemon
>Three new Ultra Beasts
>New golf mini-game at the Akala hotel
>>
I sincerely believe that having any king of expectations will make my enjoyment of these games even more non-existant.
>>
I hope it's good.
>>
Challenge Mode
New Megas
Not an other Emerald/Platinum
>>
>>32769511
>>Gym leaders replacing Trial Captains
FUCK OFF
>>Three new islands, two of which are based on Molokai (Green/Oma'Oma'O) and Lanai (Orange/Alani) and will feature new guardian deitys, one Bug/Fairy and the other Fire/Fairy.
Bug/Fairy, when Tapu Lele is already very clearly based off of a bug?
>>The third island will be the new Battle Frontier facility that can be accessed in the post-game
This would be good.
>>New Alolan forms, hopefully moving away from generation 1 Pokemon
This would be fine.
>>Three new Ultra Beasts
I'd like a wee bit more than that, but fine.
>>New golf mini-game at the Akala hotel
?

I want them to make use of the "For Want Of A Nail" trope with the story, meself.
>>
I just want it to be good. The 3DS pokemon games have all been shit.
>>
Hopefully they go all out with content as the last 3ds games. Just like BW2 did for ds
>>
>>32769511
That its a good game.
>>
That the game doesn't stutter during double battles.

That Drayno makes a decent romhack of it soon after it comes out.
>>
>>32769511
>new megas/alolan forms/z-moves/UBs or anything really
>Battle Maison/PWT,because I loved those places
>no Battle Frontier hopefully
>MOVE TUTORS
>a National Dex
>>
>Replace Trial Captains with Gym Leaders
Off yourself
>Add Gym Leaders in addition to Trial Captains
This is what good game design would be
>>
File: 1384198726763.jpg (29KB, 220x208px) Image search: [Google]
1384198726763.jpg
29KB, 220x208px
>>32769562
>Implying Trial captains weren't a nice change but total trash
>Implying being based on a bug makes you bug type
"For Want Of A Nail" shitposter strikes again.
>>
File: 1481705850939.jpg (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1481705850939.jpg
55KB, 512x512px
>still thinking the switch game is gen 8
>>
>>32769511
I want both captains and gyms. Heck, the gyms could simply be postgame, with the captains as the leaders, and I'd like it.
>>
>>32769562
If you specifically mean because time travel/alternate dimensions just say butterfly effect. For Want Of A Nail generally refers to things spiraling out of control due to a small decision, not things being violently different because of a small change.
>>
File: 1493829555520.png (1018KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1493829555520.png
1018KB, 1280x1280px
>>32769739
I'll take "Things that have been stated" please
>>
What do you think they meant by "pokemon not featured in Alola before"?
New alola formes, brand new pokemon, just regulars, or just the legendary formes?

Please vote here
http://www.strawpoll.me/13168404
>>
File: what's wrong with you.gif (721KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
what's wrong with you.gif
721KB, 446x251px
>>32769511
For them not to be shit.

>>32769739
>wanting Gen 7 on the switch
>>
>>32769770
Why did you post a strawpoll that already has results?
>>
File: where_do_you_think_youre_going..png (848KB, 1265x713px) Image search: [Google]
where_do_you_think_youre_going..png
848KB, 1265x713px
>>32769511
>Multi-battles is an option on Battle Spot
>New Megas
>New Alolan Forms
>Gym Leaders post-game
>Move tutors with Gen 4, Gen 6, and Gen 7 moves
>PWT with more characters from past gens
>Friend Safari
>National Dex
>Super Training as an option
>>
Some game equivalent of B2W2. Story can still be batshit insane for a Pokemon game, but the gameplay and content need to rival it. Add post story gyms, flesh out festival plaza to rival join avenue(perhaps add minigames for the stat boosts), flesh out the battle facility, a new easier way to capture Pokemon(DexNav or Habitats or hell even both), expand Alola with new areas or a whole new island, so on so forth. Oh and a substantial subquest ala Pokestar Studios would be nice. Maybe have a sports league with Golf, Sharpedo Racing and some other Pokemon related sport.
>>
These are things I want, but don't expect to get:

>clothing options that aren't version exclusive
>clothing options that aren't reskins of the same shirt & pants
>increased encounter rates for gen 7 mons
>alternate forms, a hold item, or just a pure buff in speed for gen 7 mons
>side-trials that reward you with Mega Stones
>secret-trials with overpowered super-totems
>postgame sidequests involving past gen legendaries

And let's stop with the monotype teams already.
I don't want Gym Leaders OR Trial Captains if they're going to use a team that I can sweep with one mon. It doesn't have to be a completely arbitrary team of random mons but they should have some sort of coverage.

>>32769770
I'm expecting they meant literal mons that weren't catchable in SM.
>>
>>32769511
>>Three new Ultra Beasts

Stop asking for new pokemon retards. This never happens in updated versions.
>>
>>32769730
>nice change but total trash
How are they nice and trash at the same time?
>>
File: 1384206711307.png (134KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
1384206711307.png
134KB, 300x220px
>>32769924
I said they were a nice CHANGE, you even quoted me
>>
>>32769779
Because i'd like more people to vote?
In my opinion, a poll can't be done until it has at least 100 votes

Besides, why not?
>>
>>32769935
It just looks like you've faked the results though
>>
>>32769511
>Three new islands, two of which are based on Molokai (Green/Oma'Oma'O) and Lanai (Orange/Alani) and will feature new guardian deitys, one Bug/Fairy and the other Fire/Fairy
There won't be any new Pokemon entirely -- just the box cover forms and MAYBE (hopefully) new Alolan forms.

But if we were to make new guardians, I think they should be elemental -- I agree on Fire (to close out on the Water/Electric/Grass deal), but either Ice or Ground/Rock.
>>
My only wish is that it won't fucking have cut scenes. Great thanks for that extra 1.5 gigs of shit I rather skip.

I swear to fuck, those cut scenes really got me out the mood quickly. In the beginning it was okay. However that shit never stopped - I'd play 15 min and in comes a 10 min cut scene. Rage quitted out of boredom many times like that
>>
>>32769511
I'd like to see some or all of these:
>Gym leaders as a supplement to or alternative to trial captains. no need to remove them, just give both and/or make it a choice.
>New Alolan Forms (since they are, as forms go, the closest to full pokemon without expanding the pokedex)
>Ribbons. More than just Elite 4/Battle Royal/Battle Tree
>Reversal of Gen VI's changes to the footprint ribbon.
> More content in general.
> New Non-alolan forms? (perhaps for lycanroc and/or mimikyu?)
> Somewhere to level at a reasonable pace.
> National Dex. I can't organise my pokemon easily if I have to google their nat dex numbers.
> Good Boy Guzma
> maybe more stuff for pokepelago?
> Glorious return of the PSS. (don't need to remove the new thing, but I don't mind if they do)
> Post Game
>>
>>32769940
>literally the same as in other pokemon games but at different angles
>>
>>32769596
i would love an updating pokemon world tournament to replace the shitty battle royals, but only if they include elite four members this time.
>>
>>32769762
core rpg =/= gen 8
>>
>>32770036
>Core doesn't mean mainline
u wot m8
Unless you honestly think it'll be Gen VII
>>
>>32769938
What do you mean faked the results?
I'm trying to get as many people as possible to vote, if i get more voters, it's more credible than if there's just a few, right?
Or are you criticizing me for which thread i'm posting it in?
>>
>>32770057
>What do you mean faked the result
I can't comprehend how to make that sentence clearer
>>
>>32769511
The islands working the way they always should have: once you reach each one, you're free to search it for the trials in whatever order you come across them.
>>
>>32770063
Okay, i don't know what makes you think that, but i have not tampered with the results, i've only voted once, and to my knowledge, nobody else have voted more than once
>>
There will never be new Pokemon mid generation, only new forms.
>>
>>32770100
English isn't your first language is it?
>>
>>32770121
Yeah, okay, so what?
I haven't faked the results in any way. Stop talking shit
>>
>>32770153
So you're pretty terrible at reading (and writing.)
>>
>>32770164
And you're acting like a complete asshole.
>>
The festival plaza a not to be a confusing and unappealing mess. Either have all the online interactions (battling and trading just like pokemiles) give way more festival coins immediately or make the stores use normal money and use the coins just for level up, hell just remove festival coins and give out BP for online interactions.

I wish they would just bring back the PSS but that would be too good, just make a quick online menu.

The Isle Evelup to not be fully session based so I can just put a pokemon there to level up indefinitely, still have the sesions though and be more clear on how much the stats/level will grow and how much time it will take.
>>
>>32769785
>>Multi-battles is an option on Battle Spot

I'm not sure why this is not a feature yet
>>
>>32769511
>New Alolan forms
Maybe from Gen 2, but there are enough Gen 1 left that more would be okay as well.

>New Megas
Maybe the Johto starters. Can coincide with GSC release.

>More buffs
Great things happened to Dugtrio and Mantine. Many more could use buffs. Gamefreak should do more meaningful buffs like what Masquerain received.

>Trainer rematches

>More battle legends

>New island
Because why not. Also would be nice to have a post-game island like Battle Resort.

>DexNav

>Super Training

>Move Tutors
Maybe mix it up a bit.

>Horde Battles

>Better post-game experience options
Maybe O-Powers or something. It's a pain to level up to 100.
>>
Oh I forgot

MULTIPLAYER CO-OP FOR THE BATTLE TREE

Why isn't this an obligatory thing? it doesn't necessarily have to be online (it should) but its such a simple thing and it would make climbing the damn thing a little bit more enjoyable.
>>
>>32770100
Is that you Mr. President?
>>
>>32770663
Yes, i'll drop a tomahawk missile on you if you don't shut up!
>>
>>32769511
Gym leaders for a traditional progression through the league.

Totem pokemon battles for each type to get Z crystals.

New areas (and/or Islands)

Move Tutors

>I want but wont hold my breath for
New alolan form pokemon
New UBs
Post game
New Megas
VS Seeker or something simillar
>>
>>32769511
Guys, you don't want new features at all.
You just want that they do copy-paste in all their games.
>>
more alola forms
more z moves
gyms
walking pokeman
move tutors
plaza fixing

i really dont expect anything else
>>
>>32769511
New Mega Charizard Z, Water/Dragon
>>
I really hope they DONT replace trials with gyms
They added such a unique flavor to the games and fit the setting so well

What they need to do is let you build the gyms in the postgame or last third of the game like secret bases
>>
>>32769511
>Megas and Z Moves Removed.
>Everyone that uses those ugly fucking genies get shot om site.
>Nuzlocke detection that will erase your cart, not just your save file, completely destroy all data of game.
>>
>>32770531
Except that's already a thing in the battle tree, it's the "multi-battle" option.
>>
>>32770052
Mystery dungeon is an """"rpg""""
>>
>>32771340
Tetris is an RPG, you are Playing the Role of a dude stacking Tetrominos that fall from the sky.
>>
>>32771340
It's a dungeon-rpg, an actual genre.
>>
>>32769511
>switch port w/ kalos postgame

never happening but i have dreams
>>
>>32769526
fpwp
>>
>>32769511
Gyms are needed, and I say this as somebody who greatly enjoyed S&M. Trails were great, totem pokemon were great, trail captains themselves were great too but I want those AS WELL AS gyms. And the Kahunas should stay too.

If we're talking about having the sky as our limit in terms of hopes, then I'd like for each island Kahuna to be an OPTIONAL but very difficult battle. Will this happen? Of course it won't, but I'd be incredibly happy if it did.
>>
>>32769580
This
>>
>>32769770
>No mega option
shitty poll.
>>
>>32771765
>Megas
>Pokemon.

Pick one.
>>
File: TFW OF COURSE THEY FUCKING DO.jpg (92KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
TFW OF COURSE THEY FUCKING DO.jpg
92KB, 360x360px
>>32769511
CRYSTAL.
FUCKING.
ONIX.
>>
>>32769511
Fuck no. I'd rather have them improve on the trials to be more interesting and further differentiate them from gyms. The only trials that offered anything just had "puzzles" that felt way too simple
>>
>>32771981
am sorry but these games are aimed at children why would they make it difficult? these games were never hard
>>
>>32769511
Optional Totem battles for the Z-crystals you don't receive from Trials. Think hidden bosses like Ultima Weapon or Gilgamesh from the various Final Fantasies.

Use those vacant lots as Gyms, but make them player-made, like an updated version of Secret Bases. Kukui could put us in charge of building up the Pokemon league, like the original leaks suggested.

More Alola forms, mostly Johto because muh patterns. Ground-type Tirtouga (like in the Gen II concept art), reverse Girafarig, Ice Noctowl, Grass/Fairy Chikorita, Fire/Electric Cyndaquil (volcanic lightning), Water/Dragon Totodile (komodo dragon). Throw in Lapras because damn it, I want Lapras to be good.

More Z-moves for specific Pokemon.

Z-powered form/Ultra form/Necrozma mode for Rotom-dex. Have it use the black crystals as a protective shield that prevents (lasting) damage to the Pokedex.

Reveal the 3rd Silvally that Aether made, and give it Multitype. This thing desperately needs Z-crystal coverage.

More returning characters in the Battle Tree. Brock and Misty for Geewun, Whitney and Lance for Gen 2. Throw in some more ORAS models (Stephen, Archie, Maxie and Zinnia?).

AZ'S FUCKING FLOETTE.

Other than that, I'm happy.
>>
>>32769939
If the "Wela Volcano erupted" rumour is true, I could see Tapu Lele getting a new Fire-type form to match it. I wouldn't expect brand-new Tapus, though.
>>
>>32770116
I'm not saying it's likely, but there's nothing stopping Game Freak from deciding to do it.
>>
>>32772164
I don't want them to make trials "difficult", I want them to to make trials that are actually interesting and fun, and go beyond just moving to another spot or clicking A to advance. At this point, even the gym puzzles had more content.
>>
>>32772326
give Type:Null Recover as a tutor move. Arceues gets it, and it would give Eviolite Type:Null sustain.
>>
>>32769511

I don't think Game freak will add more Ultra Beasts.

Game freak only introduced more new Pokémon in new generations.
>>
BATTLE FRONNGTEIR
>>
>>32771876
If Mega Steelix wasn't already a thing yeah.
>>
this is how you set yourself to disappointment

have unrealistic expectations
>>
This is the only thing you should want

Nat Dex
>>
>>32773074
Your right. New forms for same ultras is what will happen in sequel/3rds.
>>
More post game, new alolan forms, new megas, and a challenge mode like in bw2
>>
>>32769511
I just more alolan forms. Regional forms > megas.
>>
A Ledian Z-Move based on Jojo.
>>
File: ourboy.gif (11KB, 595x560px) Image search: [Google]
ourboy.gif
11KB, 595x560px
Guzma with his shit a little more together
>>
File: 1497490249661.jpg (103KB, 425x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1497490249661.jpg
103KB, 425x1212px
>>32774819

This is the only reason Ultra may be a good thing.
>>
File: 1456601425798.png (222KB, 794x1115px) Image search: [Google]
1456601425798.png
222KB, 794x1115px
>>32769511
>>
>>32769770
I really hope there will be new alola forms

If not, it'll be a big waste of potential, but i'll keep my expectations low.
>>
>>32775946
>2
You do see the problem with that, right?
There's never going to be a full-scale wailord on the screen

>10
I don't even understand why we have to ask for that
>>
>>32769722
Eww
The trials were stupid asf and a step down from gyms, I honestly don't understand how people thought they were good...

>No puzzles
>No trainers
>No captain battle
>1 easy to beat totem Pokemon (Salazzle KO with Bulldoze, come on...)
>1 weak pokemon (more if you faint it before the totem)
>No free TM and money
>No real challenge.
>No badge to signify your win just a Z-Crystal that apparently can be found randomly without even trying.

Hell most casual players wouldn't even know you can battle the trial captains if you actually go searching for them.

Trials were shit, while it might've been a good change and idea, they completely fucked it up and made it the retarded, easy, dumb downed version of gyms.
>>
>>32769511
>Necrozma hopefully gets its own separate form and won't forever just be the shadow of its counterparts lol

>National Dex

>Move Tutors

>Zygarde possibly to be relevant to the plot and get rid of that power construct bs and make the Complete form an actual permanent non-gimmick form

>Older legendaries from previous games to be catchable at the post-game, like Xerneas, Yveltal and other less commonly distributed legendaries

>Silvally getting a few tweaks to its movepool

>Better customization options regarding coloring clothes n shit
>>
>>32772326
Love your Alolan Johto form ideas, but I'd rather have Johto starter Megas than Alolan forms. Give the final evolutions the Fairy/Electric/Dragon secondary types.
>>
>>32776416
Fire/Electric Mega Typhlosion? aaaaaaahhhhh that would be sweet
>>
New Megas and every Megastone being available in the game.
Bigger postgame, let's not forget USUM will have every legendary catchable, probably as version exclusive, like Ho-oh in Sun and Lugia in Moon. All because of the gen VII born mark. But I want a bigger postgame than that.
Trainer rematches.
No version exclusive Battle Tree opponents.
Something like the DexNav.
Bigger dex, without any Kanto Pokémon added.
HA starters and apes.
>>
>>32776170
>No puzzles
not every Gym has a puzzle either. Really only a few of each game have one
>no trainers
David weeps
>1 easy to beat totem Pokemon (Salazzle KO with Bulldoze, come on...)
>1 weak pokemon (more if you faint it before the totem)
>No real challenge
Just like gym leaders for the most part
>>
Like any third version, it'll just be better by sheer content and weird adjustments.

I have no reason not to be excited for it because the track record for third versions is pretty much 100% across the board.
>>
>>32769938
>posting a strawpoll twice makes it faked
>>
>>32769580
Except ORAS.
>>
>>32769526
Same here anon. I'm forcing myself to keep low expectations but I still feel like I'm going to be disappointed.
>>
>>32769713
> Implies Battle Maison > Battle Frontier
kys
>>
>>32769940
Why do you even play RPG's?
>>
>>32769580
XY was dope, ORAS is almost as good as Emerald, sun and moon were amazing.... I dont realey see your point...
>>
>>32777412
Exploration and gameplay.
>>
>>32777432
>ORAS is almost as good as Emerald
>remake
>almost as good as original
There's part of the problem
>>
>>32777445
It goes like ruby/sapphire<ORAS<Emerald.
But then again, emerald is my favourite game. If I didn't have this nostalgia boner then ORAS would be best
>>
>>32776170
I had more trouble with the grass trial pokemon than with any Gym leader aside from Whitney in the original GSC.
>>
>>32777445
ORAS is better than Emerald in every aspect outside of not having the Battle Frontier.

So if the BF is something you don't care about, it's better.
>>
>>32777455
If I'm honest I never did really do the battle frontier. I just like Emerald for the story and the way you get the legends. If they Did something like a Delta Emerald for the Switch then that would be my favourite.
>>
>>32777464
You do still get the regis in the same way, the only disappointment is how they changed the Sky Pillar, but it's understandable because they wanted to add this whole story around Rayquaza and the long trek upwards would've broken the dramatic momentum.
>>
>>32777455
Tell that to incessantly blathering idiot new!May and Dewford Cave, also the butchered storytelling.
>>
>>32769562
Trials were garbage.
There's a reason the endgame of SM is about adapting to the standards of first world regions with the league.
>>
>>32777590
As opposed to what? The dumb May from the originals? May was never a good character.

The storytelling is better too, with a much better presentation and the villains being a lot more memorable. Not that it matters, because the story is dumb just like it was in the originals (why would anyone give importance to storytelling in Pokemon anyway, most of the time the stories are just serviceable).
>>
>>32777983
>storytelling is better too,
Let's give away the big reveal that the cult's seemingly scattered plans were actually a unified strategy to awake eldritch horrors what formed the earth in as clearly and hamfistedly as possible right BEFORE THE SECOND GYM, and railroad it so hard we remove the ability to explore the cave at all until you reach Mauville, forcing backtracking that isn't plot related just to explore a minor area with no signifigant rewards in it.
>>
>crimsonkyuren/marsadept/boltthecat shitting another thread with samefag and autism like she always did

That's why aussies can't breed.
>>
>>32779226

The funny part is how obvious she gets when someone triggers her, like her samefag here:

>>32769580
>>32771706

Because sperging everywhere is not enought, gotta also be endless.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.