[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post Pokemon Regions That You Made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 28

File: Sohoh.png (10KB, 262x158px) Image search: [Google]
Sohoh.png
10KB, 262x158px
Concept for a South Korean region that focuses on the southwest. I'm trying to think like Satoshi here.
>>
>>
File: region.png (21KB, 220x370px) Image search: [Google]
region.png
21KB, 220x370px
Here's a region I made like 5 years ago for a shitty RP. It uses the HG/SS style and isn't based on anything in particular.
>>
>>32769118
You were its original creator? Nice.
>>
File: FovonAnnotated.png (45KB, 480x433px) Image search: [Google]
FovonAnnotated.png
45KB, 480x433px
South-west England coming through
>>
>>32769164
Fellow south west britbong here. Awesome map!
>>
>>32769164
What's Southwest England famous for?
>>
How i can create my own region guys?
>>
>>32769198
Nothing (except maybe cornish pasties), but I feel like it'd be a good region on account of the interesting land shape and natural areas. I've always preferred the regions that focus more on geography than culture (Hoenn, Sinnoh, etc), and ofc I live there so it makes it easier to really capture the feel.
>>
>>32769251
That's nice to know.
>>
>>32769137
This was a collaborative idea a friend and I had a while back. I'm really proud of how much circulation it got.. Alas, there is no way to prove it is mine anymore..
>>
>>32769251
>cornish pasties

You guys invented those? I am forever in the debt of Southwest England.. I fucking love those things.
>>
File: SohohInfo.png (116KB, 1310x790px) Image search: [Google]
SohohInfo.png
116KB, 1310x790px
More concept stuff.
>>
File: Runia Region.png (50KB, 899x781px) Image search: [Google]
Runia Region.png
50KB, 899x781px
>>
File: S.png (12KB, 856x950px) Image search: [Google]
S.png
12KB, 856x950px
I called it "the best region ever"
>>
>>32769989
oh looks it's Unova
>>
>>32769164
Exitech reporting in. Love this concept! The town/city names are fun.
>>
File: autismmap.png (27KB, 717x482px) Image search: [Google]
autismmap.png
27KB, 717x482px
I was making a region based around the Mediterranean, but I realized it was too linear. Here's what I had before I gave up.
>>
Is there any sort of engine to make those?

I'd like to give it a go
>>
File: region mockup.png (77KB, 1015x658px) Image search: [Google]
region mockup.png
77KB, 1015x658px
>>32770798
also a Q U A L I T Y paint mockup.
>>32770802
Pretty much just use paint my dude. Maybe gimp/photoshop if you want to.
>>
>>32770819
hahhahah what the fuck
>>
>>32770828
Like I said, Q U A L I T Y. Took me about 15 minutes desu, more of a brainstorming thing, like the tower island and stuff. It was my first try, maybe I'll try making a new region after classes end.
>>
>>32770798
Italy looks like a horsecock
>>
File: Pokémon - Gotta Catch _Em All.jpg (77KB, 651x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon - Gotta Catch _Em All.jpg
77KB, 651x500px
>>32769081

Every location on Earth.
>>
File: crying anime girl.jpg (11KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
crying anime girl.jpg
11KB, 280x210px
>>32770904
pls no bully it was my first attempt
>>
File: Region.png (24KB, 496x512px) Image search: [Google]
Region.png
24KB, 496x512px
>>32769081
My North Korean region(s). This map is outdated with regard to route length and a town or two moved over slightly, but otherwise is what I'm working with as of now.
>>
File: literally my mom's new england.png (9KB, 346x233px) Image search: [Google]
literally my mom's new england.png
9KB, 346x233px
Trying to find IRL landmarks to make into Pokemon ones is hard.
>>
bump

I'd like to see more of this.
>>
>>32771243
>block island
Forever my nigga
>>
File: map.png (55KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
55KB, 640x512px
Here is a map for a romhack I'm attempting to make.
>>
Here's mine. Things of note:

>The jump from 4 to 5 is via ferry
>The "A" markers are the plot macguffin shrines
>The "B" marker is a cool meteorite impact site
>The "C" marker is an xboxheug tunnel. The northernmost point must be passed through to go from 7 to 8, and the easternmost point must be passed through as the intersection between the routes joining 5/6/7 (you get there at about the second-third Gym equivalent). Eventually you can use it to get to 16. The name of this tunnel? Victory Road.
>>
>>32769967
Iceland?
>>
>>32775125
how often do you get off the island?
>>
File: map 2.png (10KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
map 2.png
10KB, 240x160px
shitty map i made but im redesigning it
>>
>>32769350
>what is Cornwall
>>
>>32777909
Needs the continental part to be bigger
>>
>>32776479
I like it
>>
File: region.png (19KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
region.png
19KB, 480x320px
Based on the bottom right area of Asia
>>
>>32771021
This is what I came for
>>
>>32769118
Seems like it has a great amount of postgame. Maybe even too much post game?

nah!
>>
File: N Kanto.png (1MB, 6407x5241px) Image search: [Google]
N Kanto.png
1MB, 6407x5241px
Updated Kanto (~25 years after Red / Blue), which involves portals to other regions in its story.
>>
>>32782808
Dope as fuck. What program was used to make this?
>>
>>32769118
>bullshit along the dead coast of canadia all the way to alaska
>no new england
It's shit
>>
>>32770351

joke
you
>>
>>32782882
Excel. I changed my mind a lot while making it (and looking at it, there's still things I would change). Altering it in Paint is impractical and I'm too lazy to download Gimp.
>>
>>32782940
>Excel
jesus that mustve taken ages
>>
File: NewKalos3.png (57KB, 789x489px) Image search: [Google]
NewKalos3.png
57KB, 789x489px
My updated Kalos. Lets not go into that long post I made explaining everything back then, I regret wasting my time with that.
>>
Is there some sort of program or template you guys are using to make these maps or are you doing them yourselves?
>>
>>32783081
MS Paint.
And several dozen hours of your time.
>>
>>32783006
Why? Just post it dude. You might consider it a waste of time but most of us are just excited to see some OC.
>>
>>32783121
Well, when I first posted it... lets just say I was a bit ambitious. I spammed the thread with at least twenty full posts explaining the progression in the story. I went overboard. I will just greentext the progression with no explaination
>>
File: 1466054813991.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1466054813991.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
A work in progress I never finished. Tried to go for maximum accuracy based on in-game canon.
>>
File: 1489368596720.png (350KB, 2154x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1489368596720.png
350KB, 2154x1015px
>>32783223
And this is my other map.

It's 5 different regions. Based on real world locations. Still a work in progress, very elaborate, etc.
>>
>>32783006
>>32783121
Ok Here we go
Progression:
>Start Apridale City
>Route 29
>Vetibourg
>R 28
>Glittering Cave
>9
>Ambrette
>8
>Cyllage 1st Gym Rock
>10
>Geosenge
>11
>Reflection Cave
>Shalour 2nd Gym Fighting
>12
>Coumarine
>13
>Lumiose 3rd Gym Electric
>4
>Santalune
>3
>Santalune Forest
>2
>Aquacorde 4th or 5th Gym Normal
>1
>Vaniville
>26
>Rosegate
>25
>Roset
>24
>Civet 4th or 5th Gym Grass
>23
>27
>36
>Connecting Cave
>7
>6
>Parfum Palace
>Berry Fields
>Camphrier
>5
>Sycamore Ranch
>Coumarine Forest
>39
>40(Azure Bay)
>Sea Spirit's Den
Continued...
>>
>>32783433
Continued...
>41
>Noneleaux 6th Gym Water
>Kalos Power Plant
>Lumiose Catacombs/Sewers(Not on Map)
>16
>Lost Hotel
>15
>Laverre 7th Gym Fairy
>Pokeball Factory
>Haunted Warehouse
>14
>Sinkhole Cave(Connects underground to Mt. Frigid)
>Mt. Frigid
>44
>Bergamont Town
>45
>Frost Cavern
>Dendemille Town
>17
>Anistar
>18
>Couriway
>19
>Snowbelle
>21
>Old Gate
>22
>Rhyhorn Racetrack
>Cave of Emptiness
>(Access to Secluded Portion of Victory Road)
>Snowbelle 8th Gym Ice
>Story Climax
Continued...
>>
>>32783444
Last One
>Story Climax
>Geosenge HQ Ruins
>Lumiose Flare Labs From Catacombs
>Kagathos Ruins by Train
>Couriway Town
>Terminus Cave
>Galbanon by Train from Couriway
>20
>Pokemon Village
>49
>Forest of Vitality
>46
>Bergamont Glacier
>47
>Carnage Canyon
>Flare HQ
>Climax ends
>48
>Victory Road Proper
>Pokemon League
>All post game accessible now
>30
>Amber Falls
>35
>34
>Scattered Cave
>Jasmarine
>Battle Frontier
>PWT
>33
>S.S. Cussler
>32
>Orrisport
>31
>38
>Diamond Domain
>Kiloude
>Safari Zone
>50
>Myrrable
>51
>Daharas Tower
>Simmer Hill
>42
>43
>Haze Isle
>37
>Mt. Kalos
>Fight Calem
GG my Pokemon Z ;-; what could've been
>>
>>32769118
>an entire continent's worth of content.
that would be a long-ass game.
>>
File: sea.png (33KB, 765x889px) Image search: [Google]
sea.png
33KB, 765x889px
>>
I made one that went from northern arizona to los angeles
>>
>>32769338
>implying that you created the NAPL
Lady pls
>>
>>32782618
Glad you like it. I'm hoping to continue making progress on the town/route maps.
>>
>>32776479
>All that backtracking
Seriously, nigga?
>>
>>32783667
>>32779837
The best ones
>>
>>32769081
That looks too much like Hoenn
>>
>>32784719
That's Hoenn made by an autistic anon who take things and try to improve them by himself.
>>
>>32784736
>shitty thin water routes back
fuck no
>>
>>32784736
Hence the name "HYPER AUTISM."
>>
>>32782808
>>32783121
We can do this? Okay, here's the highlights of my map...

Pallet Shores - Designed to be place where you can catch a Water or Grass type early on. First two gyms are Ground and Rock.

Indigo Base - A town at the bottom of Indigo Plateau. Can't exit north of it until you have 8 badges.

Dead Sector - Sealed off area. Had Infinity Energy experiments applied to environment instead of individual organisms. Experienced complete ecological collapse in a few months.

Cascade Falls - A series of waterfalls north of Route 25. Breaker Dam affects the water level of the lake east of Nugget Bridge.

Crescent Peak - The snowy upper caves / summit of Mt. Moon.

Metro Park - A large Central Park-esque area north of the space between Saffron and Celadon.

Aureolin Heights - Gated community north of Celadon. You get your own gym to customize after defeating the gym leader here.

Great Cobalt Mine - A new, high-tech mine, developed out of the Rock Tunnel. Cobalt Town is the mine's company town, and they provide the uranium that powers the New Kanto Power Plant.

Dusty Mesa - Small, arid area between Cobalt and Cerulean. Home to Kanto 's weather center.

Pokemon Catacombs - The new resting place of dead Pokemon. After the Pokemon Tower was converted into a radio tower, a freak lighting strike caused it to burn to the ground.

Shadow Town - An unofficial underground town inhabited by gangs and desperate people, one of the villainous factions maintains their base here. Connects to Pokemon Catacombs and Saffron Sewers.

Azure Marina - Apes Seafolk Village in that it's a series of docks that nomadic oceanfarers frequent. Alolan Kahunas pop up here periodically. Beating them grants a whistle that summons a Tapu.

Dazzling Resort - A new expanse of beach, with a giant resort. Grand Prix is a new racing minigame

Battle World - The post-game battle facility. Boom Mountain can be accessed earlier to catch Moltres.
>>
>>32784814
This ROMhack or fan game? If ROMhack, which ROM?
>>
File: region magallan.png (866KB, 620x475px) Image search: [Google]
region magallan.png
866KB, 620x475px
I tried to make region based in Tierra del fuego (closest land to the antartica. Sudamerica, Chile) with 16 gyms, with the liberty to go whatever you want.

Giving the player have an unique colletion of 8 badges to enter the pokemon league (like when trainer compare obtained badges in the anime), after beating the league you can go to the other gyms but just for sport, they dont give you badges now.
>>
>>32784883
That's neat.
>>
>>32784814

New Cinnabar Town - A community of people originally from Cinnabar Island, who built on top of the Seafoam Islands. The island's remaining cave system has been dubbed Seafoam Grotto.

Cinnabar Island - Now has a hot-bath spa built on top of it. A villainous factions is using the volcano's geothermal energy to power their headquarters located inside of it.

Badges:
Veridian City - Earth Badge - Ground
Pewter City - Boulder Badge - Rock
Cerulean City - Cascade Badge - Water
Vermillion City - Thunder Badge - Electric
Auerolin Heights - Swarm Badge - Bug
Saffron City - Marsh Badge - Psychic
Fuschia City - Soul Badge - Poison
New Cinnabar Town - Volcano Badge - Fire

After becoming champion, the restrictions on gyms is loosened and more towns construct them. Offered as a post-game challenge.

Pallet Town - Venture Badge - Normal
Mt. Moon Square - Moonbeam Badge - Fairy
Isabelline Village - Avalanche Badge - Ice
Umber Point - Acro Badge - Flying
Celadon City - Rainbow Badge - Grass (Erica was away in Johto training)
Lavender Town - Restful Badge - Ghost
Cobalt Town - Drill Badge - Steel
Shadow Town - Power Badge (not Brutal Badge) - Dark
Azure Marina - Tempest Badge (not Voyager Badge) - Dragon
Indigo Base - Glory Badge - Fighting
Battle Institute - Tactical Badge - Field effects
Warrior's Plaza - Endurance Badge - Endurance and alternative battle formats (required to get into Battle World)
>>
>>32784846
It's never gonna happen, but FireRed.
>>
>>32775499
Kys if that fucking island on the right is the e4, just fucking off yourself you cliche fuck

If not, I actually really enjoy it. I'm a big fan of maps with loops, makes all the towns feel a little more relevant.

>>32777909
9.5/10 aesthetically pleasing to look at, looks like it would be a blast if you knew the game by heart, but
5.5/10 it looks like if you miss a single box of text, zone out and miss a name, or just don't hit the right npc, you'd be lost and unable to continue. Unless this is super linear and just it island by island, going in just the circle, no back tracking and just did what was available to you at the time.

>>32779837
8/10, looks like a very clean mix of Sinnoh's route variety, Johto's route structure, and a good balance of water routes. Just do less big cities, makes them feel less special.

>>32783667
Pixel looks like shit, but holy fuck does that look like a fun map to play through.

>>32784883
Not my thing, but I'm sure some others here would like it.
>>
>>32785395
Bash my map sketch as well.
>>
File: 1380072387172.png (4MB, 1920x1160px) Image search: [Google]
1380072387172.png
4MB, 1920x1160px
I made a region for a tabletop I run, bu I don't have the skills to draw it out. It's kind of vaguely defined anyway, it allows the players some ability to influence the geography. If I don't think my players can deal with the Steel gym's bullshit early, I put it on a further island. I can give my notes on it, but so much of it is filled in by improv and the players it's hard to say what's actually there since it changes from group to group.

pic related is what I worked off of most of the time. It started as a more Orange Islands thing but grew to a whole league. No E4 though, that's the players' role.
>>
File: Kalos 2.png (91KB, 320x210px) Image search: [Google]
Kalos 2.png
91KB, 320x210px
>>32783006
I did a similar thing to this way back when, though not nearly as extensive because I thought Kalos had a lot of settlements already. Pic related. In my mind many of the existing settlements and routes would be expanded a la Driftveil B2W2 e.g. more houses, places of interest, etc.
>>
>>32784703
The only backtracking I see is going back through the first two towns to get to the north half of the region, how does that constitute "all that backtracking"?
>>
File: Nieto.png (10KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
Nieto.png
10KB, 240x320px
If we're sharing region autism, here's mine. This is based off the Shikoku and Chugoku regions of Japan, and it's intended to be a Tajiri-inspired region like OP's. I'm a big fan of the first two gens. This was previously for a fangame I wanted to do, but that plan didn't go through. ...I've been thinking about giving it another shot recently. I used Gen 2 because it's easiest to do, and the game itself wouldn't have used this style.

>A - Silent Hills
Based on Kōchi Prefecture. The player and Prof. Yew, live here.
>B - Harp Town
Based on Ehime Prefecture. Its most notable feature is its harbor, which is a popular spot for travelers because of the town's simplicity and close location to the rest of the world.
>C - Cornet City
Based on Tokushima Prefecture. It's a traditional city with a Trainer School and a Normal Gym. (It's really just Violet City.)
>D - ??? City (never found out a name)
Based on Kagawa Prefecture. A Day Care is on the route west, but otherwise, there isn't much that's special.
>E - Oboe City
Based on Matsuyama, the largest city of Shikoku. It is connected to Timbre City via ??? Bridge, as is Matsuyama to Hiroshima. Its lake and Rock Gym make it a popular spot for recreation.
>F - Timbre City
Based on Hiroshima. The largest city in Nieto, with a Game Corner, a luxurious Pokémon Hotel, and a branch of Silph Co. It has a Gym, but its Leader is rarely present.
>G - Bassoon City
Based on Yamaguchi Prefecture, particularly the city of Shimonoseki. It's the second largest city in the region, known for its excellence in fishing and seafood. It even has a Water Gym!
>H - Fife Town
Based on Shimane Prefecture. It's a small, suburban town connected to its forest surroundings. It has a Flying Gym and nice flower decorations on its buildings.

1/2
>>
>>32785815
>I - Accordion City
Based on Okayama Prefecture. Accordion City is rocky, but that brings a great view of both the ocean and the forest. Make sure to check out the Safari Zone and the Ice Gym!
>J - Celesta City
Based on Tottori Prefecture. It's one of the more exotic locations, being a town settled on a hill between sand dunes and grassland. It has a Grass Gym.
>K - ??? Island
Based on Tesshima Island. It's a comparatively modern and practical town, having a circular design that is easy to traverse. Its Fire Gym is on the left side, near the top.
>L - ??? Island
Based on Naoshima Island. This isle doesn't have a Poké Mart or a Gym, but its white, glass-and-glaze architecture is sure to leave an impression.
>a - Forest Cave
Based on Iya Valley. It's a vegetated cave crawling with Bug-type Pokémon. Its bottom floor requires Cut and must be accessed from the outside.
>b - Capsule Tunnel
Based on Akiyoshido Cave, the largest and longest cave in Japan. Its top floor is simple, but beyond the fissures and boulders lies a corridor maze.
>c - Graveyard
Not based on anything. Serves as the region's "burial ground".
>d - Safari Zone
>e - ??? Canyon
Based on the Tottori Sand Dunes.
>f - ??? (some kind of ruins)
Requires Surf to get to. Never put much thought into this, but I wanted to continue the tradition of an area near the player's hometown being accessible only by Surf.
>g - Mt. Specter
Based on Mt. Ishizuchi, the highest mountain in both Shikoku and Chugoku.
>h - Altering Cave
Nobody knows this mysterious gift!
>i - Nieto Ocean
Based on the Sea of Japan. It's an expansive final dungeon on water (you can buy a Surfboard item if you don't have a Surf user), and on an island based on Okinashima, there is the Pokémon League. (sry4cliche)

Progression would be A > B > A > C > a > D > E > a > F > G > H > c > H > b > I > e > J > K > L > K > F > i
d, f, g, and h are all optional
From F to I, it would be more nonlinear, but this is the "canon" path
>>
>>32785815
>>A - Silent Hills
3spoopy5me
>>
>>32785841
Silent Hills was the beta name for New Bark Town, senpai.
>>
File: Region Ahura.png (95KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Region Ahura.png
95KB, 256x192px
>>32769081
Something I made a year ago. Not based on anything. Haven't done the routes and towns yet.
>>
>>32785885
That's gorgeous. It reminds me of the PMD maps somewhat. Nice work.
>>
File: YFROR.png (371KB, 510x800px) Image search: [Google]
YFROR.png
371KB, 510x800px
here's my take on iceland
>>
>>32785885
That looks really good anon
>>
>>32785736
Yeah, nice work!
>>
>>32786006

the theme for the adventure was going to be raw nature/isolation.

so the gimmick would be a very low amount of trainers/NPCs.

there would be lots of elite/boss-like pokemon that technically function like trainer battles (sending in 2-4 minion pkmn), except that when you defeated all, the main pokemon would itself join the battle and have to be defeated. so basically similar to totem-pkmn but a step further.

there'd also be wandering pkmn that replace poke-centers healing role etc.

plan for the legends was to represent day and night, but then sun and moon came along...
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.