[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon Switch Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_4241.png (3MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4241.png
3MB, 2208x1242px
1: Thoughts?
2: Hopes?
3: Fears?
>>
>>32767278
I am very excited! These will be the first high definition core Pokémon games.
2: Hopes?
Its good. Its a new gen
3: Fears?
It's bad
>>
>>32767278
1. It's oh ok.

2. New Pokémon.

3. Game freak introduce 50 new Pokémon in total
>>
>Thoughts?
Good. I never really played Pokemon on the go anyway.
>Hopes?
They'll put effort into the game to push people to buy the Switch for it.
>Fears?
An open world RPG in some vain hope to replicate the success of BOTW
>>
>>32767278
1. Very excited
2. Expand online beyond trade/battle, I wanna explore the world with a friend
3. That I won't be able to explore the world with a friend and it'll be a full on gen 1 remake again
>>
File: 1494910900835.jpg (296KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1494910900835.jpg
296KB, 800x800px
>>32767278
>1: Thoughts?
They only made the announcement to make the switch look better. It's fucking nothing. It's like when I was little and my parents asked me if I was doing my homework - "I'm starting right now."
>2: Hopes?
1 game where I can catch every pokemon in fun and interesting ways. Catching pokemon has taken a back seat to all the other features and it's my favorite thing to do. Bring back the safari zone.
>3: Fears?
It's pretty hard to fuck up a pokemon game but they could take an example from all the shitty modern games:

>DLC
>always online
>open world for no fucking reason
>multiplayer only
>social media integration
>motion controls
>amiibo support
>third party engine
>we mmo now

I'm glad they don't fuck around with pokemon too much. All they have to do is make a couple of good designs, decent story and characters, and marginal engine and features upgrade. It's idiot proof.
>>
File: infernape2.gif (878KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
infernape2.gif
878KB, 500x281px
>>32767278
>Thoughts?
Oh thank god i need my triples battles back the switch game will be way better but im still going to buy ultra sun
>Hopes?
Diamond and pearl remakes on the switch with battle frontiers seeing my bro infernape get a cool z move
>Fears?
Diamond and pearl remakes happen but they don't have a battle frontier so my now perfect infernape will never have his revenge against that cheater Palmer
>>
File: IMG_1504.jpg (195KB, 494x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1504.jpg
195KB, 494x700px
1. It's a natural step in the right direction. It will weed out injector trash, have more time and effort put into it, and will hopefully deliver on giving us an incredible experience.

2. A large, vibrant, sprawling open world where you feel like you're on an actual adventure across a land of magical creatures. No more corridor routes or hand holding. Also, return to the stylistic roots of early Pokemon, where everything seemed awesome based on the art alone. I want to feel like a kid again being visually wowed. Battle Revolution tier customization would be great as well, I'm tired of playing as a ten year old. They could also learn a lot from the Colosseum games in terms of telling an interesting and different story that doesnt choke you with cutscenes that are way too long. Also since it'll most likely be a new gen, I want a shitload of new Pokemon/megas/forms.

3. It will be an hd version of the games we get now. Linear, stiffly modeled sprites, no challenge, no post game, cheesy waifu tier story telling. Also, starting your console development with a remake of anythig other than Red and Blue would be retarded.
>>
>>32767278

I have only fears;

they won't make open world like in zelda and the game will be only hd version of the lineal pokemon game
>>
>>32767278
1: While I feel its obvious we'd get a Switch game, I suspect they announced it now due to the backlash over the recent announcement, while also keeping it vague enough to avoid ruining the natural hype speculation causes.

2: That its entertaining. It'll in all likelyhood be an introductory set of games, so I won't set my hopes too high

3: That they'll somehow fuck up the fps despite having exponentially stronger tech.
>>
>>32767499
I am pretty confident your fears will come true.
>>
>>32767278
Please be Unova 2.0
Also, please be Unova 2.0.
>>
>>32767278
>Thoughts?
Im actually kind of interested to see what they do, gen 8, remake, or otherwise.
>Hopes?
A new gen of pokemon with hopefully better distributed stats whan whatever they were on in gen 2 and 7.
>Fears?
Gamefreak or Nintendo will somehow fuck it up in some way, I just know it!
>>
>>32767499

you see, we are heading on powerful handheld, I'm really expecting bigger world
>>
File: 1491680896298.png (135KB, 438x380px) Image search: [Google]
1491680896298.png
135KB, 438x380px
>>32767278
>1: Thoughts
"oh the profits are droping!, quick! lets promise them rushed shit so they could shut the fuck up!"
>Hopes?
I hope Nintendo help their selling juggernaut and provides them more resources to make a good Swith core game, I doubt they do it alone in just one year, they fucked up promising shit so early.
>Fears?
Like I said, rushed games. Good graphics but; more linear routes, fewer cities, no satisfactory post-game, cutting more current enjoyable feautures (like they did with 3ple battles or following pokemon)
>>
File: IMG_1505.jpg (51KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1505.jpg
51KB, 480x360px
>Tfw just want a comfy as fuck adventure that doesn't tie you down with a story about how *insert title legendary here* is being manipulated by an evil team. Just you looking to get stronger and eventually become a competetive player if you choose
>Tfw just want to roam the caves and country sides looking for mons while my bros follow behind me
>Tfw competetive should be something one chooses to get into after getting their fill of open world adventuring and breeding, not something one should feel bad for not taking part in

I'm just afraid they'll keep it as is, and give us linear paths to run down cutscene after cutscene. Pokemon NEEDS to be open world. A trainer and his Pokemon roaming vast hills and landscapes.
>>
>>32767278
>1.
Glad they finally made the whiny Switchcucks shut up, also the "Pokemon never gets announced at E3" crowd getting BTFO as a bonus
>2./3.
None since it's still like 2 fucking years from now on and we literally know nothing about it other than "it's being made".
>>
>>32767534
>Running along a grassland populated by trees and valleys on the back of an Arcanine
>Look up in the sky and see legendary Pokemon flying around a faraway mountain
>Tfw you can go to the mountain and catch the legendary after a grueling trek to the top of it
>>
Are we 100 % sure that it's a main game?

What if it's another XD or Colosseum?
>>
>>32767579
They said core pokemon rpg. It's a new gen
>>
>>32767579
>"GameFreak started working on the new core Pokemon game"
Gee, I wonder what it is
>>
>>32767278
>Thoughts
US/UM HD ports

>Hopes?
US/UM HD ports

>Fears?
Compleately new mainline Pokémon game.
>>
>>32767499
Is the "make everything like BoTW" the new "make everything like Dark Souls"?
>>
>>32767278
1. It was going to happen eventually, we all knew this was going to happen.
2. Not necessarily open world, but a big and focused region with good graphics.
3. The same style of main games, with the same artstyle and everything.
>>
>>32767612
Nintendrones suddenly started loving the open world meme that everyone got tired of a half a decade ago because Zelda (Nintendo) did it.
>>
>>32767278
>Thoughts
Potentially being two-player since you can just give the other person a JoyCon, the thought thrills me.
>Hopes
Same as above
>Fears
No bottom screen gimmick like the poketch, c-gear, PSS or Rotom Map, unless it's docked to the TV
>>
>>32767616
>The same style of main games, with the same artstyle and everything.
This in all honestly

Every other estabilished franchise seems to be taking creative risks these days (Zelda, Monster Hunter, Mario etc) but not Pokemon. It's sad really.
>>
>>32767278
Pokemon Z
Pokemon Z
Pokemon Z
>>
>>32767616
I think that's basically what's going to happen though. The models of the pokemon were obviously designed for a console's power, and they said they made the art style intentionally cartoony. At best I think the region might be bigger.
>>
>>32767605
Why would you rather play the same game over again then have a completely new generation?
>>
>>32767689
Because I won't play the same game over again. If they release a US/UM HD port that gives me more time to save money and buy the Switch.
>>
>>32767579
>XD
>Colosseum
Guess you'll have to wait and see.
>>
>Thoughts
Well shit, people were interested when we announced this for the N64, why not now?
>hopes
An actual release. A game that is actually big, expansive, with a lot to explore and a SHITLOAD of Pokémon to catch.
>fears
Won't get released. Another Colosseum type game, or god forbid, something similar to Battle Revolution.
>>
>>32767579
They said gamefreak was developing a core pokemon game. Gamefreak only makes main games. As far back as at least XY, they've officially referred to mainline games as the core series.
>>
>>32767278

Cautious, but optimistic.

That it's a decent game that fixes the problems that the previous gens failed to address. I also hope that the Switch architecture proves to difficult to hack or has safeguards that prevent hacking from occurring.

That it's more of the same.
>>
>>32767612

but with pokemon game it makes more sense, I want to go from route one to route 40 and get cucked by stronger pokemon with high catch rate kek
>>
>>32768854

>le critical capture

>gotcha! :^)

but honestly, they should script them to be unable to catch without badges or shit
>>
I just to able to switch the fucking online area battle field
>>
>>32767278
1. Fuck Nintendo I ain't paying 700 fucking dollars for a Switch

2. Lots and lots of loli asses

3. DUDE KANTO LMAO
>>
>>32767278
I want that Bewear.
>>
>>32767278
>Thoughts
Damage Control over the Pokemon Direct from last week. Like this was no doubt added in last minute due to the backlash of no mainline Switch game. They couldn't even show concept art because they've barely started development

>Hopes/Fears
I want it to be more than just a ported up 3DS game. Everyone assumed Stars would just be Sun/Moon on the Switch. But if they need over a year to make the new game then I want it to be an actual console game rather than just a Switch version of whatever comes after Ultra Sun/Moon.
>>
>>32767278
Thought - Overall, Im excited.
Hopes - I hope it's very expansive and they get rid of the mind numbing linear gameplay. something like Breath of the wild but Ik GF couldn't pull that off on their own so i don't know...
Fears - It's another rushed Gen with Little new pokemon. Or another shitty mechanic for temporary forms/moves.
>>
>>32767560
So you want a skyrim pokemon mashup
>>
>>32767427
Amiibo support is an absolute given. Game Freak already expressed interest in doing so, anyway.
>>
>Thoughts
I really don't feel like shelling out 400 bucks for the next pokemon game

>Hopes
Well, if they're going for the switch I hope they go all the way. Expansive, similar to BotW. Openworld, LOTS of areas to explore, dynamic battles when you encounter a pokemon you go into a turn-based battle without fades or anything.

Basically make it feel as big as the first games feel like the 90s. I just want to be an aspiring pokemonmaster collecting them all again.

>Fears
An half-assed game with 50 new pokemon filled with plot and cutscenes rushed for 2018 holiday.

Knowing Gamefreak, I'm expecting the latter.
>>
>>32767616
>>32767665

Agreed, The effects are getting better but overall its still very toonish
Hope they take a page from Zeldas Book graphics-wise.
>>
>>32769012
I like the "animish" style though, with a good cell shading can be cool.
Also Zelda has a pretty cartoonish artstyle too, the textures the designs...
>>
>>32767278
I'm oretty excited. I really like the Switch so far, and with how many games are coming out for it, I'm glad Pokemon is one of them.

Hoping they do something pretty expansive, maybe 2 regions like with the Johto games. I don't think an all regions game would be that good. Also hoping for a battery pack for the Switch, but that's not neccesarily tied to Pokemon.

It'll be something that adds 50 Pokemon and calls it a day. I want to really explore a game again like with the pre-3D games. I want to not know all the new Pokemon day 1.
>>
Pokemon has used same logo for last 20 years. Not having title isn't a big deal
>>
>>32769048
>Pokemon has used same logo for last 20 years.
Only in the fucking west.
>>
>>32767499
I hate how "open world" is basically a buzzword nowadays, but it could really works with pokemon. Anyway I'm just tired of playing the same formula for 20 years.
>>
File: IMG_1836.jpg (10KB, 119x119px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1836.jpg
10KB, 119x119px
>>32767278
1: This is it, guys. Pokemon is finally coming to the home console. The big leap.
2: It's good. Better than the half hearted performance that every single entry on the 3DS made. And of course, a lot of new Pokemon again.

3: It's bad. Gens 6 and 7 tier again. Somehow worse than this gen.
No dock mode
>>
>>32769048
It shows how little they have completed for this game. I'm sure it will be fine but I'm not holding my breath for it coming out in 2018.
>>
File: pxd_139.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
pxd_139.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
I unironically want a continuation of Pokemon XD. Maybe with more freedom and wild mons.
>>
File: ydfoJ.jpg (218KB, 640x566px) Image search: [Google]
ydfoJ.jpg
218KB, 640x566px
>>32769048
>>
i truly believe that its going to be in the kanto region, but with a new story and taking in to notice the new pokemon of other region, and we will get the kanto form of other region pokemon.

we saw red, lilli is going to kanto, there is a movie retelling the beggining, all this seem to be pointing to this.
maybe from there will get a johto map, just because kanto and johto are so close.

i think we also gonna get a mini pokemon stadium as mini game, like the battle tree.

there going to be meme, my body is reasy, do a barrel roll, fucking joey and his rat, and confy shorts.
>>
>Thoughts
About damn time. Now those annoying fucks can shut up: both people who want Pokemon on Switch and those that want Pokemon to stay on 2011 hardware.

>Hopes
Mechanics that people genuinely like from existing games stay (trainer customization for starters).

>Fears
Will have to pay for Pokemon online services on top of Switch online fee (though the Switch fee is only $20/year).
>>
>>32769040
Thats what im saying, I want them to do the anime style how zeldas doing it
>>
File: oexkyl4c1oPd5wTPnZK-o.gif (668KB, 356x192px) Image search: [Google]
oexkyl4c1oPd5wTPnZK-o.gif
668KB, 356x192px
>>32767278
1. New game, new journey on new console is awesome !!!

2. It must be Pokemon Gen 8

3. New Pokemon less than 100 again
>>
>>32767278
I don't give a fuck about ''muh pretty graphics'', but at least now they will be able to go overboard without having to worry about technical limitations
Since they don't have to worry about the size of the game i hope they make a huge region, or have more than one.
Kanto being shoved again to our faces, because they think we haven't had enough kanto.
Also they doing the same scale of the 3DS games, because that's what people expect of them now i guess
>>
>>32767588
IT ALL CORES TOGETHER
>>
>>32767499
>>32769077
If they do try to go open world with it, I feel like it'd be smartest to just make an HD open worldish remake of Gen 1. That way they only have to model 151 pokemon, program their behaviors and still have a somewhat large game map while still being...doable.

That and if they decide to go to Johto again they can reuse a lot of assets.

I honestly doubt we could do more than 150 in an open world-ish game. Unless all the pokemon behave exactly the same and reuse animations or something.
>>
I actually hope for Kanto remakes and hope they actually have the best graphics they could get for being on the Switch instead of being minimalist
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.