[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your mandatory party types

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: download.png (11KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
11KB, 228x221px
Which Pokemon types do you consider mandatory for your party?

Curious to hear everyone's own viewpoints and reasons
>>
>>32764931
Water and Electric. Water is good against pretty much everything and Electric takes care of opposing Water-types. Then I just tend to pick and choose based on the region itself.
>>
File: 723290.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
723290.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
ghost, it hits everything neutrally, is full of glass cannons, and its only immunity goes to a type full of shit mons, and its only resist is dark. offensively ghost type is about as good as it gets.
>>
None.
I just use the things I want to, regardless of how the types are laid out.
>>
>>32764978
agreed, ghost is fantastic
>>
>>32764931
Fire, grass,water core. Because not having those types flares up my 'tism. Also, overlapping types on teams are disgusting.
>>
>>32765010
How do you feel about monotype runs?
>>
File: 1441033146490.png (537KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1441033146490.png
537KB, 1600x1000px
>Fire
High attack and special power. It's also satisfying to use them against grass types.

>Psychic
Really high special attack. I also just like psychic types in genera.

>Dark
Just so I can no-sell psychic types.

>Steel
My teams almost always end up being glass cannons so I make sure to have at least one good defensive pokemon, and Steel types have really high defense stats plus some good moves. I also hate having my pokemon poisoned since it's annoying as fuck and I don't have to worry about that with steel types.
>>
Used to be flying and water for obvious reasons, now I have no 'mandatory' types, but I prefer poison types and always have one if I have the opportunity.
>>
>>32764931
If I'm using dual types, each slot MUST have one of the following
>Flying
>Water
>Grass
>Fire
>Ground/Rock/Steel
>Psychic/Ghost/Electric/Ice

If I'm using even one single-type:
>Water
>Flying
Then two traditionally physical types and two traditionally special types.
>>
>>32765010
I feel the same. I usually do Fire Grass Water core, and hate when I have overlapping types. Usually always try to have Ghost too.

I don't really like using Pure typing. I usually feel gimped using them because of loss of dual stab
>>
File: spooks.png (4MB, 5276x1248px) Image search: [Google]
spooks.png
4MB, 5276x1248px
>>32764978
>>32765000
This, ghost is best type.
>>
Poison.

It's a versatile type.
>>
>>32764978
Ghost and Steel, for pretty much these reasons
>>
>>32764931
Pre-Gen7 HM slave
>Flying
>Water
Gen 7
>electric (because its my favorite type)
>fire
>water
>Fill the rest with whatever I want
>>
>>32764931
None, but it seems like I'm gravitating towards Ghost and Dark types more often in playthroughs.
>>
>>32764931
My teams tend to have Bug, Rock, Steel, and Water types, especially with some double-up.
>>
>>32764931
>Water type
I like'em fat and able to do a good use of surf. Lanturn is an absolute sis as she covers the need for a thunderbolt STAB as well as ice beam. I always need to catch one when I get to that one dive route of that one game
>Fire type
Preferably a good user of w-o-w. Bonus points for having strong secondary STABs. I tend to dislike pure fire unless it is something like Ninetales that has flash fire and confuse ray.
>Grass type
Preferably with stun spore and/or leech seed. Almost always part poison type, they fill a very nice defensive niche even if they can't use physical poison moves for shit in pre phy/spc games. I like to try some with unusual secondary STABS sometimes, like grass/fighting or grass/rock.
>Ghost type
With night shade, curse and confuse ray if we're pre-phy/spc split and shadow ball is still a fucking physical move. Other than that, the fighting immunity and strong STAB on psychics and other ghosts is a must for me. It's also my favorite type and I like every single one of them, so I always want to try them all out.

The rest of the crew varies as I see fit in each playthrough and depending on the game. I almost always have a Gardevoir or a Porygon for tracing wild mons before catching them, but I don't think this is reason enough to have Psychic or Normal as mandatory party types. I didn't care about overlapping types before I came to /vp/ and my autism took over; now I always try to play all pure types or all double types with no overlapping. I actually find it fun that I have to restrain myself from using a fav of mine if I have one of its types already on the team.

>>32765834
This picture is clean, I'm keeping it
>>
>>32764931
Fairy and steel. Partially for competitive reasons, but mostly because there are some pokemon I really like with those types.
>>
Water or Psychic
>>
>>32764931
water for hm water slaving
flying for hm fly
ice, fighting, and dark/ghost for bullshit offense
steel for bullshit defense
>>
Grass, electric and ghost
>>
>>32764931
Always try to have a GFW core and used to be required to have a Flying type.
>>
Fire and water are the only two types I've always had on any of my playthroughs. Fire is my favorite type and water covers most of its weaknesses
>>
>>32764931

The only type I try to have at least one of on my team at all times is a special water mon. Physically defensive rocks and steels annoy me.

Otherwise, I seem to get an electric type on the team often. Usually a normal type early on. And dark is my favorite type so I gravitate towards them automatically. Ground is useful later, usually. Water/Fire/Grass core when decent options are available.
>>
>>32766563
Should've gone with grass, which covers ALL of fire's weakness.

inb4 muh weaknesses
>>
>>32765054
I'm fine with them simply because that's the objective.
>>32765793
Yeah, I also love dual types. In my latest run of x, I made two teams with all the different types in the chart, with almost all except pinsir, goodra, and sylveon being dual type. There's a good selection in kalos, honestly.
>>
I used to always have to have a flying type which would almost always be the regional bird but other than that I just use whatever I feel like using. I typically try to use only pokemon I never used before except for the flyer and I try not to have overlapping types unless it's a mono run
>>
File: IMG_2541.jpg (120KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2541.jpg
120KB, 736x981px
Grass. It may be one of the shittiest types competitively but it's my favorite, and it does have its niches. I guess I just like plant-related things.
>>
>>32764931
Fire and Water.
Then, either a Grass or an Electric to beat Water-types.
The rest depends on the mons of the region although I like to include a typical physical type (Ground, Steel, Fighting, etc.) and a typical special type (Psychic, Fairy, etc.). The last slot is usually the cover legend.
>>
Pre Gen 6:
>Water
>Grass
>Ground
>Fighting
>Dark
>Dragon

Post Gen 6:
>Fire
>Water
>Grass
>Steel
>Dragon
>Fairy
>>
>>32764931
I always have a Fire, Ghost, or Grass type, not always at the same time. I just like a lot of Pokemon that fit into those types.
>>
Before sun/moon my teams have always been structured around flying, ground, electric/grass, fire, water, and whatever.
>Thank god we probably don't have to worry about hms anymore
>>
I almost exclusively Nuzlocke now, so not really any as much now. I always want a Water type though. Water is just too good. Fairy is really good too, if I have a decent one it usually finds it's way onto the team. Often I want a Flying type as well, as that's another great type.

Electric is hard to get in Nuzlockes at times, so Grass is good for Water types, apart from those with Ice Beam and the like. I build more around trying not to be weak to certain types than anything else.
>>
File: 600px-242Blissey.png (255KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-242Blissey.png
255KB, 600x600px
Normal, Steel and Bug
>>
I usually always have a pure normal type, and more often than not a grass type in my team.
I'm also a fan of ghosts and bugs, but they aren't a "must" as much as something I generally like to have in the team. Also funnily enough, the only fairy types I've trained so far are those that got retconned from normal.
I also don't mind overlapping types as long as the pokemon themselves can be used for different purposes in battle.
>>
I really wish Ice was a better type and resisted more things. Maybe Fairy and Water, apart from only resisting itself.

I use Fire Water Grass core, and like to mix it up on my other 3.

My only rule is that they all have to have dual types
>>
>>32765847
Poison always has Crobat and Tentacruel in-game. Plus stuff like Muk and Weezing, which are very solid.
>>
File: n1v0y1.jpg (20KB, 400x362px) Image search: [Google]
n1v0y1.jpg
20KB, 400x362px
>>32764931
Gotta have a Rock type. They're always a solid addition.
>>
>>32764931
Fire is always mandatory since It's my favorite type. I like it because It's fire and not for any real mechanical reason.
>>
The fact that only like two people have mentioned my favorite type really bugs me
>>
I'm a sucker for Ice and Ground types. Between those two you already have great coverage so that's a big plus on top of it.
>>
File: 1497144278256.png (1MB, 664x767px) Image search: [Google]
1497144278256.png
1MB, 664x767px
>>32771050
Bug would be my favourite type if they weren't objectively bad. Beedrill, Scizor, Escavalier, Heracross, Scolipede, Galvantula, Vikavolt and Gosilopod have all been mons I got hype as fuck for when I found out they exist (usually before the generation came out) but most of them aren't even playable, I'd happily make it my monotype if it stood a chance
>>
>At least two of the three Starter types
Any two, doesn't really matter too much, that alone gives you some good coverage.
>Fairy
Love me some fairies any day
>Ground
Shit on Steel and Poison for my Fairy bros
>>
I've found that purposely designing a team around a grass/fire/water core, while also not using starters can be fun.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.