[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokken Gameplay - Decidueye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 31

File: IMG_9023.png (1MB, 1039x1133px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9023.png
1MB, 1039x1133px
https://youtu.be/DQcMGFcIXIo

https://youtu.be/TvV0W7DfZrw

https://youtu.be/TvV0W7DfZrw

https://youtu.be/9b_NCx_71qA

So Decidueye has a glide mechanic, lots of zoning moves, Sucker Punch, many kicks, an air dash and an invis/invincible forward dash, and a debuff that seals off Support Pokémon attached to his Spirit Shackle based moves. Looks fun! The trick shot that knocks down the Magnemite cameraman is amusing.
>>
My wife is so skilled!
>>
>almost no replies
Fuck this disgusting anti-decidueyefag addled board. /vp/ was a fucking mistake.
>>
>>32764188
cool, I was hoping for more flying characters like charizard or hawlucha
>>
>>32764337
Decidueye looks ugly and stupid. Noctowl is a million times better.
>>
>>32764355
Your face is ugly and stupid.
>>
File: What could have been.png (396KB, 622x589px) Image search: [Google]
What could have been.png
396KB, 622x589px
>>32764360
This is what I wanted Decidueye to look like.
>>
they gave him moves from Hwoarang of all people

i mean he did give Hunting Hawk which is pretty cool but i didn't think they use moves from Hwoarang
>>
>>32764380
>some kind of a obese and hideous owlbara abomination
No thanks.
>>
>>32764355

Noctowl is a piece of shit that ruined Hoothoot
>>
>>32764188
>more zoning characters
fuck this game
>>
>>32764398
Is bara that new buzzword that people dont know meaning of but try to use it as an insult like cuck and edgy?
>>
>>32764398
That looks better than the human in a birdsuit we got.
>>
>>32764423
t. barafaggot. Delete yourself and your shit cat.
>>32764428
>human in a birdsuit
Says the fucking barafag hypocrite... man why is this board so infected with barascum and anti-decidueyescum?
>>
>>32764428

>Decidueye a human in a birdsuit
>When this thing exists
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79tCf0jyM1A
>>
>>32764188
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OWLKEKS BUTTBLASTED AGAIN

THIS is the big shilling they get!?
>>
>>32764423
If homosexual troglodytes like it (for example, that "owl" abomination, Incineroar, Emboar and Chesnaught are all liked only by homosexual troglodytes) then it is objectively by definition barashit.
>>
>>32764451
Yeah but that thing actually looks good unlike Decidushit.

Owlcucks will try to fight objective facts like that, you know?
>>
File: IMG_2997.jpg (55KB, 295x187px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2997.jpg
55KB, 295x187px
>>32764405
To be fair, I didn't see any across-the-stage-lasers or giant beams in those battles. Just arrows at different angles and a few trap-type moves. Looks like stage control is important for Decidueye to get in. It looks pretty slippery with all those dashes and disappearances, plus the aerial attacks. I like that it's got variety in the moveset: a mix of spectral trickery, close combat, and actual bird-like movements rather than just all arrows all the time.
>>
>>32764188
i love how it runs like Naruto
>>
>>32764441
But I hate all of the Alola starters equally.
>>
File: Cv6ard1VYAE0mh9.jpg (26KB, 257x374px) Image search: [Google]
Cv6ard1VYAE0mh9.jpg
26KB, 257x374px
>>32764188
Incineroar got the movie, Litten got the one emotional arc in the anime, Incineroar gets more art and merch than Decidueye does.

Is this the "comeback" Decidushit fans were hoping for?
>>
>>32764525
>Incineroar gets more art
Nice meme shitposter
>>
>>32764525
Are you retarded? Are you completely out of touch with the universe? Do you view reality through baratinted glasses? Are you actually literally insane?
>>
>>32764525
Fucking baras...
>>
File: deci.jpg (86KB, 808x580px) Image search: [Google]
deci.jpg
86KB, 808x580px
cute!
>>
>>32764337
>>32764360
>>32764398
>>32764441
>>32764460
>>32764529
>>32764531
>>32764541

This is incredibly sad.
>>
File: IMG_9019.jpg (267KB, 741x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9019.jpg
267KB, 741x1200px
I really wish Decidueye wasn't a starter. It's one of my new favorites but the "war" is ridiculous. It's the same shit every goddamn thread.
>>
>>32764559
>>32764560
"muh bara delusional shit bla bla bla shill mon waah I hate the objectively better and popular starter because i'm a delusional bara wah wah wah shit owl lol look at me i'm reddit ahahahaha" that's all you sound like to me
>>32764549
No starter can match its cuteness!
>>
>>32764549
Is this actual game footage? Why does it look so bad here?
>>
>>32764588
The only thing here that looks bad is your face.
>>
>>32764588
its a statue in the background of a map
>>
>tfw just sitting back and watching this owlfag make an ass outta himself.
>>
File: Ball of pomf.jpg (3KB, 251x181px) Image search: [Google]
Ball of pomf.jpg
3KB, 251x181px
>>32764549
>Just now noticed the blushing cheeks
>>
>>32764549
Decidueye is cute and chubby! CHUBBY!
>>
>>32764631
>tfw you're falseflagging to make owlbros to look bad and your transparent and obvious falseflagging don't fool anyone except for barafags
>>
>>32764578
What is reading comprehension? I'm a Decidueye fan who's just tired of this GOLD TEAM RULES nonsense anytime the owl, the tiger, or even the sea lion gets mentioned.
>>
>>32764672
Then you're not a real owlbro. Get out and never return.
>>32764660
This. We never did anything wrong. It's only the shitty barafags falseflagging as us to shill their garbage fursuit cat.
>>
File: 1496779548483.png (88KB, 177x239px) Image search: [Google]
1496779548483.png
88KB, 177x239px
>Incineroar and Primerina fanbase are full of furries

>Decidueye fanbase are full of autists.
Or really just an autistic child.
>>
>>32764441
I picked the seal so call me a trannyfag or a faggot to make yourself feel better
>>
File: DCO8FFmW0AAAyJy.jpg (55KB, 734x662px) Image search: [Google]
DCO8FFmW0AAAyJy.jpg
55KB, 734x662px
I still holding that they'll be adding more pokemon in the future as post launch.

Having no Random bar is the only evidence for that and it might get patched in in the final release.

If not then There's always a sequel.
>>
I hate this board. This was a thread about a new character in Pokken, but since this character is an Alola starter the thread had to turn into starterwars as soon as it got the forth reply.
The worst part about it? It's not even a starterfag who started this, as >>32764355 is probably also >>32764486.
Why? Why can't you just leave us alone? Are you THIS triggered by these designs? They are just Pokémon, Jesus Christ
>>
>>32764738
>Calls themselves the very same insults while ordering them to repeat those very same insults towards them

Aw shucks, anon, you're not even making that dickhead sweat. Might as well not even bothered, these dick munchers are obnoxiously great at the only thing they're good at.

Shame these troglodytes are flooding the boards (either several or just one very persistent little fucker). But fuck it

>Proper discussion on /vp/

I gave up on that long ago simply due to the fact that the boards won't ever change.
>>
File: pancakedefenseforce.jpg (192KB, 816x1356px) Image search: [Google]
pancakedefenseforce.jpg
192KB, 816x1356px
>>32764578
>>
File: IMG_9103.png (894KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9103.png
894KB, 1280x1280px
>>32764813
I don't even know where to go to discuss Pokken! Can't find a community that's all that active, really hoping that the Switch port changes that. It's a fun game, and DX looks like a straight up improvement on a console that's better received.

The morons pushing the Alola starter wars are currently the worst cancer on this board. Owls are my favorite animals, and I was just happy with the Rowlet line in terms of aesthetic and playthrough potential. Making a nocturnal ambush predator into a spectral, ranger-class, forest-dwelling archer is conceptually really interesting. Shame that all this shitposting has been pinned to it. I think Incineroar and Primarina are a lot of fun, too, it's a nicely balanced trio. Fuck, man.
>>
I already bought Pokken but want this version. Fuck.
>>
>>32765244
Pokkenarena fool. The only people you'll be able to talk to about this shitty game is a board for competitive pokken players and they don't even know how to use it properly. Go dig up the discord and you'll be able to chill with your fellow autists.
>>
File: MewtwoPokken.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MewtwoPokken.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>32765244

Pokken is fun. Can't find any resources for it. Who is your main?
>>
File: 1478909345304.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478909345304.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>Its a standard type fighter
Huh, here I was banking on it being a Technical one.
>>
>>32765332
They don't use it properly, though. That's just the point. Pokken isn't revolutionary but it's a damn good time and surprisingly competent. Even without WiiU support, while they were quietly working on DX, the game managed to cling to life on the fighting circuit. I think the port, with improved local multiplayer and a larger roster, will fare even better.
>>32765341
Mostly Charizard, initially lots of Garchomp, interested in learning Chandelure and Weavile. Decidueye is gonna take my top spot, though. It's among my favorite Pokémon now and the play style of the character in Pokken looks intriguing.
>>
>>32765481
To be honest, it LOOKS like a Techincal fighter even knowing the moveset. Trick shots, traps, dashes, disappearances, gliding and air dashing, dives and kicks and projectiles and wing slices. I'm surprised that it is Standard, but then again the designations are meaningless flavor.
>>
>>32764709
But furries are inherently autistic
>>
>>32765244
>owls are my favorite animals

im right there with you dude. I main archer classes in most of the mmos ive played over the years and love owls

when decidueyes concept art got leaked I was praying for months for him to be real and then when all the hate got dumped on his lap on /vp/ it just discouraged me from discussing him here

I know a lot of it is just memes and I shouldn't take it seriously but it does kind of suck that I genuinely like a pokemon that everyone on /vp/ seems to hate
>>
>>32765244
The discord nigga, there's like 400 people on it

http://discord.gg/Pokkén
>>
File: Untitled.png (108KB, 215x246px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
108KB, 215x246px
also we know hes standard now does this change anything?
>>
File: barnowlsleep.jpg (38KB, 306x460px) Image search: [Google]
barnowlsleep.jpg
38KB, 306x460px
>>32765587
My man. Granted, /vp/ is not my go-to measure for good taste or quality. That said, I've had a lot of mons I like get dragged down the meme road in one way or another over the years...Decidueye, Mega Altaria, Dragonite, Noctowl, Snivy...

Owls are the best. Finely-tuned predators that are simultaneously eerie and adorable. Hoothoot and Noctowl were alright but a bit bland, honestly. Noctowl even abandoned the suggestion of a clock theme when it evolved from Hoothoot to become the "it's an owl" Pokemon. I always thought that a Ghost-type Barn Owl would be really cool, and in a roundabout way I got my wish. Rowlet is a perfect blend of cool and cutesy for a first stage mon, and Dartrix captures that squinty, sleepy-eyed Barn Owl look so well. Decidueye has a good mix of traits that could be suggestive of different species of owl (Barn, Short-eared/Pueo, Spectacled, etc.), while fully realizing the archery woodsman theme. Ghost typing was a great idea since it allowed them to roll in shadow and darkness elemental powers, along with the abilities to block escape and conceal its presence and such, while still retaining the aerial abilities of a Flying type bird. I was seriously happy with the whole line, not Greninja level broken or Meganium level lackluster, just a cool Pokemon with serviceable, if mediocre, battle prowess.
>>
File: decidueye_twist.jpg (2MB, 2756x4033px) Image search: [Google]
decidueye_twist.jpg
2MB, 2756x4033px
>>32765734
Not really. The Standard, Power, Technique, and Speed designations don't really impact anything in the game. They are more or less arbitrary distinctions for flavor as far as I can tell. Decidueye sure strikes me as a Tech fighter, though. Weird.
>>
>>32764395
They should have gave him Julia's Bow&Arrow
>>
>>32764188
>that little owl hop backwards
How does pokken make me like pokemon I hate
>>
>>32765898
Say what you will about the battle style or the roster or any other complaint you may have. They put a lot of work into the little details in this game.
>>
File: owl-suit.jpg (254KB, 1361x2048px) Image search: [Google]
owl-suit.jpg
254KB, 1361x2048px
I don't want to fuck bir-
>>
File: 1429132844494.jpg (146KB, 650x889px) Image search: [Google]
1429132844494.jpg
146KB, 650x889px
>>32764188
So is this shit confirmed to be the only new addition? I've seen most Pokken hype die out even if i'm personally interested, but i would personally rather wait for a fully fleshed out sequel instead of a port. But at the same time, i'm concerned that lack of hype and poor sales might hinder the possibilities of a sequel even happening in the first place. It's tough.
>>
>>32766076
As somebody who is active in the community, get the game. It needs all the support it can get, it's fun, and even if the switch port doesn't being wildly successful, I can garuntee that the online and competitive community will stay active at least for a few more years.
>>
>>32766076
I agree in basic principal: I prefer new iterations to ports. However, Pokken has such potential as a series and the WiiU launch was so lackluster. With the Switch having a bit more starpower and Pokken DX being one of the early big titles for a system that is now fleshing out its library, it may well get the second wind it deserves.
>>
>>32764188
Woah hey they made the local multiplayer work with one screen? Now I'm hyped.
>>
It looks much more smoother than wii u. Looking forward to the invitation tommorow
>>
>>32765492
If by "the game clinged to life", you mean "a group of 40 people clinged to the game" I would agree with you. The port is going to have the same problem plus the problem that people who didn't buy it on the Wii U really aren't going to buy it on the switch and people who already bought it on the Wii U aren't too happy to have to buy the same game again on the switch.
>>
>>32766076
Don't bother. There are much better games to play if you aren't specifically looking for a pokemon fighting game. If you just want an entry into fighting games. Just play Tekken so your game won't fall off of the face of the earth in a year when it's not back at EVO despite the port.

Don't buy the game and act like you like it because it has a community of people who support things and want other people to do so just because they also like it. If you have a Wii U, rent it or put it on at gamestop, return it if you don't like it and remember that the port is the exact same game with minor changes that you won't care about if you didn't enjoy yourself.
>>
>>32766312
Only time will tell, I suppose. The larger install base will help a bit, but I'll admit I'm not thrilled about the concept of rebuying the game. That said, improved local multiplayer and the 4 arcade characters all I really wanted. Adding Decidueye, my newest favorite, made it a must have for me personally. Nintendo's made me into a consumer whore.
>>
>>32766312
The online on the wiiu still has like 4000 players, and the game is at a fuck ton of FGC majors m8

Also, it's outselling USM on amazon in terms of preorders

>>32766355
He says he's personally interested in it though.
>>
>>32766382
>Also, it's outselling USM on amazon in terms of preorders
Aren't those being sold as separate games though? Have less sales by just looking at them individually is pretty much a given. They still sell more overall.
>>
>>32766369
I really don't blame you if the reason you want to play Pokken is to play as your favorite pokemon. Just don't be a faggot about it like that entire Pokken community.

>>32766382
Yeah, the game is at majors with tiny brackets in comparison. Unless you're willing to travel to supermajors just to get good competition, there's no reason to pursue Pokken. I don't think that marking preorders is a good evaluation of how alive the game is going to be in the long run; that's the important part. Besides, there are a BUNCH of people who don't preorder games in general, a bunch of people who don't preorder games from amazon and a bunch of people who preorder games so that they can download it the moment it is released so they don't have to wait for the game a whole day late when shipping fucks up.
>>
File: decidueyesnapchat.png (2MB, 1361x2048px) Image search: [Google]
decidueyesnapchat.png
2MB, 1361x2048px
>>32764188
>>
>>32766428
This.

I was hyped when Pokken came out and I was just disappointed after I played it for a few months. I think a lot of people were excited to pre-order the first pokemon fighting game and I think a lot of people are still hoping for too much and also getting a switch.
>>
>>32766428
>Besides, there are a BUNCH of people who don't preorder games in general, a bunch of people who don't preorder games from amazon and a bunch of people who preorder games so that they can download it the moment it is released so they don't have to wait for the game a whole day late when shipping fucks up.

Which would just mean even more people are going to buy it in retail whenit comes out.

>>32766468
What about it were you disappointed with?
>>
>>32766481
Ok, that wasn't your point. You pointed out pre-orders and now, you're talking about people buying it when they didn't pre-order it.
>>
>>32765506
Sort of. Standard are the all arounders, Technical tend to have more projectile and projectile range but low health, speed have lots of combos and fast moves but lower health, power have high health and damage but are slow and usually have slow burst gain.

Its obvious what the devs intended but in gameplay, aside from health, it rarely shows any difference.
>>
>texture small realistic feathers onto the model
>The wings still end is giant featureless cartoon feathers
im gettin all bothered
>>
>>32766481
I really didn't like the mechanics in the game. It kinda started to feel like a cash grab for the first pokemon fighting game and I really only bought it because it was the first pokemon fighting game. Now, it's even worse because I have to buy the game again just to experience a new version of the game. I can't see why anyone who didn't enjoy every part of Pokken would buy this port. The game was fun until I tried to actually get better and the community kinda turned me off by how forgiving they were about the things I didn't like about the game or thought were just bad ideas.

Was it fun? For a while but I think that was still on the high of the first pokemon fighting game.
>>
>>32766495
I'm saying that the fact it's selling so much just based off preorders that it's indicative that the retail and digital sales on launch will be high as well

>>32766530
Can you go into more detail about what mechanics in particular turned you off?
>>
>>32766543
Well yeah, I understand that point but the sells were high for Pokken in general. It was REALLY hard to get a copy of this game from local stores for me and gamestops were still offering $60 for it for a long time. >>32766530 I agree with this. I think that explains a lot of the high sells. Just like Pokemon GO until people realized how fucking horrible it was and how much worse it got.
>>
File: decidueye_aim.gif (1MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
decidueye_aim.gif
1MB, 540x300px
>>32766522
Not ideal, yeah. Decidueye's main design is very cartoony in terms of feathering and wing physics. I appreciate that the smaller, detail feathers are limited to the coverts, head plume, and body plumage, whereas the individual wing feathers just have lots of little lines that could arguably represent vanes and barbs and such. Still, if they'd put a subtle central shaft on each of the flight feathers (like you can see on the hood feather) it would've made it more clear that they aren't just rubbery flaps made of multiple feathers. I'm a huge fan of Decidueye overall, but realism and believable physics are not its strong suit.
>>
>>32766543
I was really turned off by the rock paper scissors style of gameplay for one. I was told by people who I'm sure are much better than me to ignore the attack triangle but when I see them play, they're abusing it and some characters just seem to be much better than others. People in the discord kinda taught me that every character is viable but I don't really understand that when the top 8 for all of the big events are all held by the same 3 characters and there are a few outliers but I didn't see the point when the game is so unforgiving and even the best players in the states right now fall victim to it. I really didn't like burst, it made no sense to give every character armor from weak attacks while some characters just were designed with stronger bursts and properties. Still, I think Pokken is a good showcase for Pokemon... which is why I think it's a cash grab.
>>
>>32766617
Pokken really isn't more rock paper sisscory then any other fighting game:

In every fighting game, blocks obviously block attacks, and you deal with an oppenent who just blocks all the time by grabbing, which beats blocks. The only things pokken does different here is that instead of you countering grabs with a grab input of your own (which negates both grabs), in pokken, attacks beat them. Pokken also has counter attacks that grabs beat, but this mechanic already exists in Street Fighter 4 where it's called focus attacks, both even have dash cancelling for it. That being said, Garchomp as an indivual character is really focused around abusing the attack triangle with his wakeup stone edge/sand tomb mixup shennangians, but that sort of character type isn't unique to pokken either.

As far as character viability, I'm not sure I agree with your assessment. Mewtwo and Braixen are obviously super common, but pretty much every character has won at least 1 major and show up pretty often in the top 8. When was the last time you checked out major results?

I do agree that weak attack armor in burst mode is bullshit, and so does most other pokken players, but I wouldn't call it a gigantic flaw with the game or anything.
>>
>>32766661
Yeah, I understand those concepts. I'm not new to fighting games. Pokken just gave off the feeling of if you guessed right, you got half of their life, oki, momentium and burst meter to continue your pressure. The problem I noticed I was having was that even though, x beats y and y beats z, X and Y were sometimes unreactable and stronger on some characters more than others. If you get thrown in almost any other fighting game, you don't take nearly the same amount of punishment to momentium and resources that you do in Pokken. I don't understand why you would give some characters 9 frame grabs and expect people to punish you for making a decision when all you're doing is both making reads and setting up oki to make sure you are never playing true rock paper scissors.

I don't care if every character has won a major in the game's lifespan of one year where the globe has had access to it. Of course the reasons are going to be spread out a bit.
>>
>>32766661
I don't understand how it's not a gigantic flaw when there are characters who can burst 2-3 times in a round, have armor to weak attacks and there are characters who are lucky to get 1 if they don't get mauled or just roll the dice. It's definitely not a good design choice and part of my problem and proof of it is how you're willing to say it's not a flaw when there are so many people who also think it's bullshit at levels much higher than my own. I'm not as good as these players and even I can see it.
>>
>>32766736
I'd say it's pretty bullshit on lucario, but the other characters who get multiple bursts per round (Weavile, Shadow Mewwo) have some pretty big drawbacks: Shadow mewtwo is about as durable as a glass pane and his moves drain his own health. Weavile's health is also rather low, and all of his high damage, 1/3-1/2 health combos require high execution icicle crash stuff.

>>32766717
>I don't care if every character has won a major in the game's lifespan of one year where the globe has had access to it. Of course the reasons are going to be spread out a bit.

The results for majors really aren't any more varied for most other competitive fighters, actually less varried, though.
>>
>>32766661
Why does it really seem like Pokken players will say anything to get people to play their game? If I could be +200 after every throw I got and force my opponent into a 50/50 in any other fighting game, everyone in the FGC would call that game garbage.
Oh shit.
>>
>>32766765
>The results for majors really aren't any more varied for most other competitive fighters, actually less varried, though.

Yes, this is the problem for such a young game. I really hope that Pokken isn't solved so quickly. I really don't care about character viability as long as I'm having fun. I just don't like feeling like I'm getting bad advice left and right.
>>
>>32766765
>Weavile
>Big drawbacks

>Little shit with frame 1, low stance anti air is now superarmored and can walk at you, press A and press LR if you throw something he can agility through.
>It's ok because execution!

Man, if you think icicle crash stuff is hard, this has to be your first fighting game.

Uh huh...
>>
File: 1472914530211.jpg (348KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1472914530211.jpg
348KB, 960x960px
>>32764337
Nintendo/Game Freak are pushing the shit out of the Rowlet line, like they did last generation with Froakie's line.

This board hates all starters, it's just that the most shilled ones will get the most dislike.
>>
>>32766793
If the icicle crash and low health aren't signficant drawbacks, why is weavile so rare in majors?
>>
>>32766810
Probably because everyone is playing Mewtwo and Braixen like you said to >>32766661

It could also be that there are just no good Weaviles because no one wants to take the game to that level in the US. I think there is only really one good Weavile in the US right now and Pokken isn't even his main game
>>
>>32765587
I honestly believe that a lot of people don't just outright hate Decidueye or the other starters either and are just indifferent to them and it's just the autistic starterwar fags making things look worse than they are.
>>
>>32764188

eee, his kicks mechanic are shit, I was excepting something from anime what rowlett's kicks

I want incineroar ;(
>>
>>32766915
>from anime what rowlett's kicks

like*
>>
File: 1429763777920.gif (1MB, 240x162px) Image search: [Google]
1429763777920.gif
1MB, 240x162px
>>32766176
>>32766183
>>32766355
I've played the game at a friend's house. I liked it, but we both agreed it was pretty barebones after a couple of days of play, and the phase shifting, while entertaining at first, quickly wears off and ends up feeling a bit novel, which is a shame because we enjoy fighters and we're big Tekken UMVC fags, though i think we're more into Dead or Alive's more chaotic style, which is closer in execution to Pokken, albeit more interesting.

That latter point dictates some of the (admittedly too good to be true) wishes i had for Pokken, like:

>More varied, multi-layered and destructible stages ala DoA
>Actual Tag Teams where attacks can be comboed into each other
>Varied modes that echo the minigames of stuff like Tekken 3 or Pokemon Stadium to avoid tedium
>A proper Practice mode

And of course the typical slightly bigger roster demands, and the like.

Something similar to that is the kind of improvement i'd expect from a sequel, but that's why i'm having concerns.
>>
>>32766954
>A proper Practice mode
Person defending the game, this is personally my biggest fucking issue with it. Please let me record inputs for the CPU holy shit
>>
>>32766508
Technical aren't projectile focused characters, Technical characters tend to have gameplay mechanics that only they have on the roster

Gardevoir has lots of buffs that effect it's move sets in a bunch of different ways
Gengar can end attacks early by moving into the shadows and has the most different moveset while in burst state out of the whole cast
Shadow Mewtwo loses health when doing attacks but can it back by using recover
Darkrai has a resource system that lets him change the stage into a dream like state where i assume he gets better
Croagunk can give and steal buffs and has a bunch of weird tiny things that only happen to him
>>
>>32766966
>Shadow Mewtwo loses health when doing attacks but can it back by using recover

He also has miracle eye which changes the properties of all his attacks
>>
>>32766915
Well that's how Hwang or what ever his name is kicks like. Since it's made buy the same people who made Tekken you shouldn't be surprised that they reuse animations.
>>
Man im so glad i never fell for the competitive fighting game meme

I enjoyed Pokken for being a quirky spin off with characters i care about and pretty graphics, but all you people talk about are frames and other autistic shit. Chill, it's just Pokemon.
>>
>>32767062
t. casual
>>
>>32767009

please... this supposed to be fresh and new made, this animation looks like shit
>>
File: 1.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
>>32766966
>>32766508
>tfw Sceptile is slow as shit and plays far more like a Technique character than a Speed one
>>
Decidueye throwing punches looks so weird
>>
File: 39365513_p8_master1200.jpg (196KB, 480x1200px) Image search: [Google]
39365513_p8_master1200.jpg
196KB, 480x1200px
>>32766954
Also, my friend is a huge Greninjafag and is sad that he's not in the game. To be honest, i kinda wish he was in too, because i've never been very big on Smash and i'd love to see Greninja on an actual fleshed-out fighting game.

A couple of months ago, some anon posted on /v/ that the ideal way to implement Greninja in Pokken was to make him be able to switch between two modes:

-A "Scarfed" mode, that is extremely fast, but relatively weak, and implementing a lot of your typical ninja trickery like smokebombs, substitutes, water jutsus and shurikens along with Ninjitsu fighting style with lots of kicks and chops.

and

-A more technical "Unscarfed" mode where Greninja mostly relies on his tongue to attack and grab, giving him slower, but longer ranged attacks that hit heavier overall. He also suggested that this mode had a more prominent Zui Quan style of fighting, but even if i love the idea and i think Greninja would look hilarious doing it, i'd rather Spinda make it as the fighter that embraces the Drunken style.

When i saw it, i fell in love with the idea. Unfortunately, after playing the game for a while, i realized that such a feat would require hard work to implement in the game as it currently is, which takes me to my next point:

If they want the game to appeal to both casual and hardcore players, why not turn the phases into completely different modes?

Field Phase can become the casual Tenkaichi/Ultimate Ninja-like mode while Duel Phase can become the "hardcore" version that would be standard for competitive scene. That way everyone's happy.
>>
>>32767420
Phases aren't a "casual/hardcore" split but rather an auto combo breaker mechanic that forces a bit of a reset and takes off some pressure after a beatdown.
>>
>>32764549
So I was right!!

I know the hole blushing thing was a part of rowlets speis, and even when people called me a dumb ass, and proceeded to call rowlet gay or comedy relief just because it blushs a lot. Well guess what. I was right. My only evidence was that one kid in episode 11 of SM anime who drew a picture of a rowlet blushing. dispite not seeing ash's rowlet. My point here is, rowlet is not a comedy relief Mon. And ash will eventually get a decidueye who blushs.

So this trait goes all the way till decidueye. This is a good day for me. Despite not
>>
>>32767539
>[They] call rowlet gay or comedy relief just because it blushs a lot
That's dumb.

>rowlet is not a comedy relief Mon [because the blushing is an inherent trait of the species]
That's dumber.

Seriously m8, there's more to being a comedy relief than blush stickers. Otherwise all those "KAWAII DESU~" character would be comedy relief too.
>>
>>32764549
I want to protect that smile
>>
>>32767480
this

it also pisses me off so much when people think field phase is like a full half the game and Pokken is like the naruto games.

Pokken is 99% a traditional 2d fighter, field phase is just like a reset to neutral mechanic on top of that
>>
File: 1431296961448.jpg (54KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1431296961448.jpg
54KB, 600x800px
>>32767480
I don't consider them casual/hardcore per-se, but i've noticed that the momentum cancelling of the mechanic is what turns some would-be players off the game. A more consistent approach in duel phase, which more closely resembles the Bona-Fide fighters that Esports use, like Street Fighter, would make that audience more interested in the game.
>>
>>32767565
Trust me lad, you don't even know how far barafags would go to deny that ash's rowlet will eventually evolve. They'll literally take any little comedic scene or picture, and will avoid or ignore anything debunks it,

Did you know that there are some barafags in the board right now that don't believe that sun and moon anime is a comedy relief show. And sift the blame on rowlet even tho everyone in the anime with the exception of gladion( for now at least). All act the same.
>>
>>32767645
Frankly, I doubt it. Every fighter these days has some form of breaker, escape, or comeback mechanic. The days of 100% combos are long gone outside of literal garbage like MvC3, and despite the protestations of some, few people actually want to play a touch of death fighter.

That said, I wouldn't be against a "field only" and "duel only" setting, if only as a mutator for friendly matches. I just wouldn't want to see that adopted as some sort of For Fun/For Glory paradigm in place of the mainstay gameplay.
>>
>an owlfag acting like an autistic baby

Wow I am shock
>>
File: 1492993750006.jpg (58KB, 691x687px) Image search: [Google]
1492993750006.jpg
58KB, 691x687px
>>32764188
I hope I'm not late to the party but holy fuck I've never felt prouder as an Owlfag myself. Just look at how fucking cool he is, man it gives me goosebumps just looking at him shooting arrows and shit

Atta boi, Deci
>>
>>32766794
>Nintendo/Game Freak are pushing the shit out of the Rowlet line

Oh I want to hope, fellow owlfag but it appears to me that they're shilling the hit out of that incineroar more. I mean, he's got all the maximum shilling in both the Ashnime and the movie for fuck's sake
>>
>>32767648
Barafags don't care about Rowlet or Decidueye, they only care about fucking a buffed up tiger.
Catfags don't care about Rowlet or Litten's status in the anime or game that much, they just like the tiger and might enjoy the owl too.
The ones you're talking about are falseflaggers and shitposters that enjoy pissing you and others off, just like the ones present earlier in this very thread, so stop feeding them and enjoy the starters however you like without participating in this imaginary war.
>>
>>32767723
Oh,... your right, I can't tell if your an owl or cat. But it doesn't matter, you make a good point. Sorry for that comment up there.
>>
god i've hated that design forever

i wish it couldve been owlsassin along with rapeclown

they were all designed so good
>>
>>32764188
Looks 1080p and not 720p like Wii-U
>>
>>32767908
Pokken wasn't even 720p on WiiU, it was below that
>>
>>32767917
thats bad when in the same console have mario kart at 1080p 60 fps

Still it looks to 1080p in Switch
>>
>>32767888
Those fake designs were terrible.
>>
>>32767888
shit taste
>>
>>32767888
Those awful fake designs and the following they had (and still have?) is why I will never be able to take /vp/ seriously anymore
>>
What are people saying about Empoleon?
I really want to try him out since I love the design.
>>
>>32768305
>Letting a very minor, irrelevant group ruin anything for you
How have you not jump off a bridge, I'll never know.
>>
>>32767723
>Barafags don't care about Rowlet or Decidueye
Yeah, you're right, that's why they go out of their way to shit on the line. Oh wait.
>>
>>32768528
>What are falseflagger and shitposter
>>
>>32768400
It was godly in the arcades which means it's probably getting nerfed to shit in DX
>>
>>32768548
Falseflag is just a word that barafags hide behind in a pathetic attempt to not be held responsible for their acts of evil and cruelty against Decidueye.

It's shitposters yes, it just so happens that shitposters are also barafags.
>>
>>32768561
While being strong is nice, is he at least fun to play?
>>
>>32768648
Didn't play the arcade version so I don't know
He's basically a brand new character for western audiences
>>
>>32768638
If that's how you want to justify your incessant hatred for barafag, then be my guest. Just don't go around playing the victim when shit hits the fan.
>>
File: correctovlV2.jpg (452KB, 2638x540px) Image search: [Google]
correctovlV2.jpg
452KB, 2638x540px
>>32764188
>>
>>32768272
>>32768280
>liking decidueye

now that the dust has settled, even sausage fingers incineroar and primarina are at least competent, acceptable designs, while decidueye remains a mess with a shitty name even
>>
>>32770988
This!
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.