[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon for the Switch coming 2018/2019

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

File: pokemon_switch.jpg (101KB, 660x413px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_switch.jpg
101KB, 660x413px
>60$ For a Pokemon game
>300$ For the Switch
>19.99$ Per year to play Online
Are you willing to pay all this money just for a Pokemon game that will most than likely not be as good as the GB-DS Pokemon games?
Personally i don't play Videogames as much as i used to mainly because i don't find them interesting anymore but if you think i'll pay 379.99$ just to play the latest Pokemon game then you bet your shitty ass i will.
>>
you could get much better games for $60.
>>
>>32763860
The problem here Senpai, is that the Switch doesn't have GOOD game. We'll see about Metroid 4 but thats about it
>>
>>32763837
You cry like a little bitch, OP. Are you 5yo? Just don't play it. There, I solved all your problems. Now go to eat some candy.
>>
Still guessing it's a Switch version of Ultra Sun/Moon with a few new features, like the leak said.
>>
>>32763837
Nice blog bro
>>
File: Screenshot_20170613-184644.png (297KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170613-184644.png
297KB, 1080x1920px
>>32763837
>>
3DS launched with almost no games. By the time the 3DS XL came out and the price dropped (which is when I bought one), there were plenty of good games, with more to come. I expect the same to be true for the Switch in a year and change. I buy the system predominantly for Pokemon but there are a lot of games I've enjoyed on the 3DS.
>>
Xbox One
250$
Xbox Gold Membership (Online Services) Yearly:
43-45$
Ps4
400$
60$ Annual online service price

Nintendo Switch
300$
Yearly Service cost: 20$

Literally you are spending less for what you're getting compared to xbox/ps4

And 60$ games have always been around for main consoles

I like to imagine the op just buying a ps4 pro with each game and buying yearly online services
>>
>>32764065
Also x box one first year it cost 399 usd not 250
>>
>>32763837
>Implying I'll by a new one.
>Implying I'll need more than a year of online
In 2018 prices will have changed.
>>
Why would I need to buy a Switch? I already have one.
>>
>>32763883
>if you think i'll pay 379.99$ just to play the latest Pokemon game then you bet your shitty ass i will.
Did you even read his post?
>>
>>32763923
I'll guarantee there'll be some "improved" Switch in the near future. The Gameboy/DS/3DS families went through several versions that each improved on the last in some way, the Wii got the Wii mini that was cheaper at the cost of gamecube games and controller ports, and with the problems we've heard about the Switch, I fully expect a deluxe edition that has more internal memory, a bigger portable screen and some other random improvement(s), like a redesigned for comfort joycon or some such. Then they'll put out the same system with the regular size screen for a little less for people who can be convinced to upgrade but don't need/want the bigger screen. I'll wait until that version is out for a while and pick one of them up cheap. I love the lineup of games they've announced, but they're still a ways off in terms of having enough ready to play to merit me purchasing a system to play them.

By the time I pick one up, I expect to be able to play Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, SMT, Arms and probably a few others that have yet to be revealed. That'll be plenty to keep me busy until Pokemon comes out, or any other awesome Nintendo titles I want.
>>
>>32763837
wow anon! Good thing I can use the console and paid online for games that aren't pokemon!
>>
>>32763837

>The game and the system you play it on cost MONEY

OH SHIT. How did you handle this when you bought your 3ds?

Alternatively, if the product costs too much money for you you can also just not buy it and move on with your life.
>>
>>32764505
>OH SHIT. How did you handle this when you bought your 3ds?
Not the same anon, but I'd prefer to play pokemon on a system I can take with me.
I like my Switch, but they vastly exaggerated this things handheld options.

Probably gonna pass on this, just because I don't really have the time to invest into Pokemon ver. home console and I'm pretty sure the games won't gain anything other than the slightest graphical upgrade for moving there.

If Nintendo revises the Switch to have a handheld function, that works, or they do a dedicated handheld wake me up.
>>
>>32764538

Those feelings are a lot more reasonable then. I was refuting the OP who was making an argument completely based on money, not the personal needs of the user and the emphasis on portability being significant.

Also, if they go from the 3ds to the nintendo switch and change nothing about the game other than the graphics than GameFreak literally are lazy fucking hacks. There is going to be absolutely no excuse for that. That's like jumping three console generations worth of power.
>>
>>32764065
You seem to be forgetting that if you want to take the Switch outside you need, at bare minimum, a case and screen protector because of it's design flaws. Nevermind Nintendo's inability to keep a decent stock of them and the prices inflating closer to $400, and that is being giving. Don't cherrypick current prices for Xbone and Ps4 when the Switch is bullshit at this moment.
Combine this with pro controller prices, and replacement *controllers* being 80 dollars and you are getting milked just as hard.

Seriously try owning a Switch before you compare numbers. You forgot the need for a good SD card as well.
>>
>>32764561
Echo-chamber reply to echo-chamber post.
>>
boy I am sure glad I can play other games on a console
>>
>>32764561
I don't even expect a major graphical overhaul if we're being perfectly honest.
This game is max rush to get it out and sell Switch systems. The fact it was announced this soon confirms that.
Even with the jump to models Gamefreak was playing possum on a lot of things until Sun/Moon, so any graphical upgrades the Switch can offer pokemon probably wont come full force until *Gen 9*

All we're getting is a fairly rushed first version set on a home console and I don't see why people are so hype about this.
>>
>>32764583
So we have Pokemon and Mario coming up with a bunch of shovelware/WiiU ports.

Anons I made the mistake of first adopting a Switch, and I urge you to wait until it has at least five games you wanna play before you purchase.
>>
>>32763837
id rather replay emerald desu
>>
>>32764621
Dude take a chill pill, pokemon switch will be at late 2018 at the earliest.

I'm not buying it today.
>>
only way I'd get a Switch is if they make a Pokemon edition one, other than that, I'm not planning on buying it or whatever Pokemon game comes out on it
>>
>>32763875
Zelda you twat
>>
keep in mind, they said they were developing an RPG, not a mainline game. I suspect it might be a similar formula to ni no kuni
>>
>>32763837
Do you people play anything besides pokemon? Fuck sake you have an entire console but you limit yourself to one franchise.
>>
>>32763875
it's not just the switch only games.
Pokemon now has to compete with other full priced console games.
>>
>>32763875
Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, perfect indie machine, Arms, Splatoon.

Honest to goodness - good games!
>>
>>32763837
>paying almost 400 for 1 (one) pokemon game
I don't think people understand the problem isn't having the money but actually investing it wisely. At this point it's not worth it since it'll be you and two other retards who don't know how to spend money circlejerking at Pokemon online.
>>
>>32763837
>I'm poor or have no access to NEET bucks
>I can't get a switch
>I can't enjoy Pokémon so no one else should either

Fucking faggot
>>
>>32765595

They said "core RPG" you fucking straw grasper
>>
>>32765605

Maybe there's not much else on switch we're interested in?

I literally want Mario odyssey and pokemon and that's it, everything else is rehash or trash.
>>
>>32765647
You keep saying this in threads and you keep being wrong.

You cannot tell someone they aren't spending "wisely" on a luxury. That's why they're called luxuries.

Get over yourself, get off the high horse, admit you're a poorfag/underage/etc, and fuck off.

Your whole argument is
>you're not having fun correctly
You don't deserve the air you breathe.
>>
When will the Switch be hacked? I didn't get the 3DS until it was hacked.
>>
>>32765651
Get a job in the coal mines.
Sure, there's a chance you might die but if you survive you can get a settlement probably.
>>
>>32765678
Boy it sure will be fun affording a luxury no one else gives a fuck for
But still the fact that you're this mad about people bashing the switch entertained me so thank you for that
By the way, this is the first time I ever give my opinion on the subject, you do know more than one person can think the same thing no? Autist
>>
>>32765718
>getting this ass blasted

See you in line on launch day, faggot.
>>
>>32764151
Back up.
>>
>>32765617
>Zelda is on Wii U, and it's fine on that console
>Mario Odyssey isn't out yet, it might be shit
>Mario Kart is on Wii U
>you can play indie games on anything
>Arms isn't out yet, it might be shit
>I'm the only person in the world who didn't like Splatoon, so I probably won't like Arms either
The Switch might be worth it for you, and that's fine, but I ain't buying a new console just for Pokemon (and forking out for paid online) unless it's the best Pokemon game of all time.
>>
I skipped the ds games because the ds had no fucking games.
Stop crying bitch nigger, just skip this gen.
>>
>>32765725
>Someone notices how mad you are
>Unironically resort to 'NO U!' as a reply
But I'm not a retard like you, I won't be there.
>>
>>32764065
>Xbone is $250 + $45
>ie $295
>Switch is $300 + $20
>ie $320
Math isn't my strong point, but it sure seems like we're not "spending less" compared to the Xbox.
>>
>>32765763
You know Odyssey won't be shit. You own a Wii U for a reason, you love Nintendo games. You weren't expecting much 3rd party if you bought one of those.

That and Metroid. But I get what you're saying.
>>
>>32765608
>Pokemon now has to compete with other full priced NINTENDO games.

fixed it for you.
and Pokemon will always win, no matter how shitty the games would be.
>>
>>32766046
Pokemon fanbase buys 2 versions of the game. They don't give a shit about full console game price lol
>>
Let me simplify what OP is trying to ask...

are you poor?
>>
Well I'm getting a Switch already for Splatoon and Mario Odyssey, maybe will pick up ARMS and Xenoblade later on. Plus when Metroid Prime 4 and Kirby hits, then I'd have a library already.
>>
>>32763837
hahahhaahhah /vp/ fags cucked and you will still buy this shit to play pokemon
>>
File: IMG_1794.jpg (45KB, 506x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1794.jpg
45KB, 506x453px
>>
>tfw you already have a Switch and Zelda,Mario kart, and arms will tie me over
>>
File: image.png (30KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
30KB, 217x190px
>>32763837
>Pokemon gen 8
>Pokken DX
>Splatoon 2
>Zelda BOTW
>Mario Odyssey
>Mario Kart 8 DX
already worth a console for me senpai

shame about the Monster Hunter though, then again it's Nintendo's fault for being stingy on the hardware
>>
>>32766096
>itt: poor entitled neets and underages crying because they feel game companies should cater to their financial situation personally and not make stuff for their new flagship console even when they have more than entire year to save up for it
>>
>>32763875
>if I'm not into a certain franchise that means it's SHIT
God why does it have to be Summer 365 days of the year here
>>
>>32767008
>sequel
>port
>sequel
>port
>only original game in this list
>port

Also, what are the chances that gen 8 on switch, if that's what's even happening, would be any good? Game Freak is a lazy company.
>>
>>32763837
>60$ for a Pokémon game
A Pokémon game that is guaranteed to be MUCH better than what we have now in every way. Is that not worth it?

>300$ for the Switch
Implying it will atill cost that much when Pokémon comes out Hint: it won't.

>20$ a year to play online
This is the only thing you retards should be mad about.
>>
>>32764570
I have a Switch and no you don't. All you need is the Swith itself and the controllers that comes with it. The rest is just extras.
>>
>>32767106
>guaranteed
not without outside help from another dev. GF's incompetence will surely be twice as apparent in the move to consoles and i have very little faith they'll actually jam enough content in it to make it worth 60 bucks. things are going to be extremely shaky
>>
>>32765668
>implying Pokémon isn't an RPG now
You're the one strawgrasping you fat poor fuck.
>>
>"What'd our competitors reveal at their presentation today, Johnson?"
>"Well as expected, sir, they talked about Mario Odyssey, their Rabbids project with Ubisoft, Zelda DLC, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem Warriors, their e-sports projects and a few unexpected announcements"
>"Any major surprises?"
>"There's a Kirby game coming and a Yoshi game coming."
>"That's not a big concern. We'll just employ our usual defamation strategy. Was there any major announcements?"
>"Well sir, they announced Metroid Prime 4 is in development."
>"So that's their big bombshell, eh? Damn, we'll need to get our boys working on a smear campaign. Good work, Johnson, report t-"
>"Actually sir, there's one other matter. It would appear that there is a Pokemon game coming as well."
>"Pokken? Relax, Johnson, it's just a port of the Wii U title, nothing we don't alre-"
>"Actually, sir, we're talking a mainline title."
>"Ah, don't worry, we're already aware of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. We have people in place to deal wi-"
>"No, sir, you don't understand. I'm talking about a mainline Pokemon game for the Switch!"
>"WHAT?! I thought your team assured me that they would never develop a mainline Pokemon title for their home console!"
>"Our reports indicated that it was very improba-"
>"Unacceptable! Do you have any idea how bad this news is!? Those Nintendo bastards have built up a sizable Pokemon following. We've been fortunate in that a decent portion of them have not purchased the Switch. But if this news is true, they're all but guaranteed to purchase it now."
>"W-what do we do, sir?"
>*sigh* "Report to Randy, tell him I want our marketers working around the clock to attack this on all fronts. Tell them to work on putting forth the idea that it'd be ridiculous to spend all that money just to play one game. We'll need to come up with more than that but it's a start."
>"Right away sir"
>"And Johnson?"
>"Yes, sir?"
>"If this goes south, I'm holding you responsible."
>*gulp* "Yes, sir"
>>
>>32765672
>everything else is rehash or trash.
Your life must be absolute shit.
>>
File: tumblr_lllbxb379j1qbkopso1_400.gif (473KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lllbxb379j1qbkopso1_400.gif
473KB, 320x240px
>>32763837
>tfw you'll finally have a SINGLE version of the game, without worrying about exclusives, version differences, story changes, or what's canon or not.
IDK how people are getting mad over this.
>>
>>32764570
You seem to be forgetting that if you want to play a PS4 you need, at bare minimum, a screen and audio output because of it's design flaws. Nevermind Sony's inability to keep a decent stock of them and the prices inflating closer to $500, and that is being giving. Don't cherrypick current prices for Xbone when the PS4 is bullshit at this moment.
Combine this with Dualshock 4 price at 70 dollarswhile you get 2 controllers default in the switch and you can buy additionals for just 40$ and you are getting milked just as hard.

Seriously try owning a PS4 before you compare numbers. You forgot the need for a good Hard Drive as well.

It's all about how you play with the console, I own both consoles and the switch was cheaper for me having bought both consoles at launch, I still don't feel the need of buying another controller because the joycons are actually very good controllers, the pro controller is not something I would not take on trips and I play mostly portable with the switch, I also don't feel the need for a SD cards (Something I have laying around in my house in multiple size) because switch games don't have installations on my switch except for digitals and the memory of the console right now it's pretty much 90% free.
I don't pay for online on both console because I usually play online on my pc with online only games while I play on my consoles on split screen. there are small exceptions but I usually pay for just a month when I buy a new game I want to play online.
>>
>>32765617
>perfect indie machine

lmao
>>
>>32767421
What makes you think it's just going to be a single version?
>>
>>32763837
>/vp/ would pay the 379.99$ in an instant
>but 5$ a year for pokemon storage and complete tradability is to much
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
>>
>>32763837
>19.99$ Per year to play Online
whoa whoa whoa this is a thing?
>>
>>32764065
Compared to those the Switch has terrible specs and is a much inferior home console
>>
>inb4 the game has two versions like always but, like Red/Blue rescue team, one of the versions is on the switch and the other version is on the 3DS
>>
>>32767421
>and an impenetrable hack check as bonus
all poketuber and most of /vp/ would die
>>
I will give my soul to a core pokemon game on the switch.
>>
>>32765525
Wii U port.
>>
File: 0Fd01O1.jpg (867KB, 2055x1125px) Image search: [Google]
0Fd01O1.jpg
867KB, 2055x1125px
>>
You are implying I would be buying it for just Pokemon, or that Pokemon would even factor into my purchase at the time I likely get it, or that I would pay for online, because I certainly don't pay for the premium services on my PS4 and I didn't when I had a 360.
>>
>>32767421
>people actually think shit like this

Can't wait for the shitstorm when it's just another typical mainline start of the generation, probably even worse than the 3DS games like how they were worse than the DS games
>>
File: 1493216221833.png (39KB, 1265x909px) Image search: [Google]
1493216221833.png
39KB, 1265x909px
>>32767281
>>
>HOLY SHIT A CONSOLE DOESNT HAVE GAMES ON LAUNCH THIS MEANS IT'LL NEVER BE WORTH BUYING EVER

every console only has 1-2 games worth playing on launch, the switch is no exception. there's plenty of shit coming out and there will be plenty of good games for the switch by the time pokemon comes out.
>>
https://youtu.be/xksPVZptPGM
>>
>>32763837

>game is coming in one or two years
>300$ for a console

I'm tired of underages on this board, do you even fucking know how does market is working?!
>>
>>32763837

Sooo da, kimi wa underage~

ichi tasu ni ichi tasu ni... san valkan
>>
>>32763895
Holy shit you can't be this dense.
Wasn't even a leak, it was a rumor at best.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.