[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop complaining about Switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

Seriously people, I get that dropping 300 dollars at gamestop isn't the same as walking into Mcdonald's for a small fry, but 300 dollars is NOT a shit ton of money. And this is coming from a college student with not much to my name. You have a year to save up for one, and if you can't manage to do that, then I think you should probably drop games to go do something more constructive with your life, like getting a degree, finding a second job, or just anything else, really. Just be happy we won't have to deal with 15 fps, 240p nonsense anymore after this year.
>>
I'm from Canada it's 399. No problem buying one.

But there are people from south America and asia who post here. It's like 599-699. Them being disspointed is not shocking.

Not everyone is from America. So have to put yourself in there shoes
>>
>>32763284
Now THAT is almost an entirely new issue. Some countries, like Brazil, always get dicked around when it comes to foreign entertainment prices. It's hardly Nintendo's fault, it's usually the local government's. I mean, is there anything console developers can do besides plead with foreign governments to lower taxes?
>>
>>32763300
I didn't say it was Nintendo fault. If people say there gonna quit Pokemon because it's going on switch it's understandable
>>
>>32763367
My question to them would be: Would you quit if it was simply going to a new handheld per traditional gaming generations?
>>
Switch is shitty hardware, why wouldn't I complain about it?

People complaining about just "I don't wanna spend $300" need to shut the fuck up though.
>>
>>32763407
>$300

Try $700
>>
>>32763407
Better than a ugly 2011 handheld, the main gimmick of which was dead on arrival.
>>
>>32763407
>Switch is shitty hardware, why wouldn't I complain about it?
-t. doesn't own a switch but desperately wants one so he'll scream all over the internet that is sucks to convince himself that its true
>>
>>32763254
>without much to my name
Nigger I work six days a week, go to college, and have bills to pay. My fucking car payment is almost $400 a month. I could come up with the money for a switch, but just like when I campaigned against the 3ds all those years ago I will say it now: I don't want to buy a console just for pokemon, currently it has 1 zelda game, which wasn't enough for me to get a WiiU, no backwards compatibility, and nothing else promising in the future. I like fire emblem as much as the next guy, maybe more, but with all the shit I do who has time to play a real rpg? If I won't be able to play it, it isn't a selling point of the console.
>>
>>32763490
My friend, I do all of those things, just replace the job with the responsibilities of a student athlete. Basically the same time dedication, provided you're working a standard job. By the time this game comes out, I'm certain the amount of games will be much more convincing.
>>
>>32763284
300 IS a lot of money. anything above 20$ IS a lot of money. If you knew the value of a dollar/your country's equivalent, you'd know that.
>>
>>32763254
And yet another thread was made, you can't speak against the whiners whining about future game being on Switch if you didn't speak against the whiners whining about not getting Stars on Switch, seriously keep this stuff to one thread, you aren't special and don't deserve your own thread, there are a million others you could post in
>>
>>32763390
no because then it'd be less expensive. But even then it begs the question of hardware. For a console the switch warrants the upgrade from wii u (i GUESS) but for handheld 3ds is pretty fine for the games on there. they could've just made a new handheld, hell, it doesn't even have to be a continuation of the DS/3DS, and I know the switch is part mobile, but a dedicated mobile system with the same power as a console (phones right? lolololol) would be more excusable
>>
>>32763505
That may be true, I look forward to being convinced a switch won't be a dedicated pokemon machine and worth a buy, but I understand where people are coming from when they talk about not wanting to buy one.
>>
>>32763514
>anything above 20$ IS a lot of money
top kek
>>
>>32763407
t. poorfag
>>
>>32763533
See, when people complain about not wanting a switch because they don't see value in it yet, that is perfectly valid.

When they complain because they feel betrayed because Nintendo is ditching an almost 7 year old handheld, I don't think that is.
>>
>>32763407

>the 3ds isn't shitty hardware

lol
>>
>>32763555
And Nintendo has always used cheap older hardware because there's no real reason for "better" hardware.
>>
>>32763555
Hardly anyone does that, most people just thinks it sucks and is too expensive for its value (Currently a Zelda game)
>>
>>32763440
I don't own one but have used one, I hate it as hardware. If they put one out that was the size of a PSP, hell even Vita size, I'd buy it day one no matter the price, but as it is it's garbage for my tastes, like every "XL" model of a handheld Nintendo has put out.

Regardless, I'll put up with whatever bullshit hardware I must to play the games I want, since that's what matters at the end of the day, which is why I'll be getting one by the end of the year anyways.
>>
>>32763541
>it's funny to me that you take money seriously, proving how retarded i am

harder kek
>>
It's a sign of how underage or immature this board is. They have no idea how much $300 is. It's not an unreasonable price for what you get. I dropped 180 on the 3DS XL I think.

It is indeed a chunk so I'm not just going to drop 300 over nothing, but now that there's something worth buying it for, setting aside some money for one isn't all that hard. $20 a month for 15 months is doable if you're not completely broke. It has more to do with your priorities--what you're willing to spend money on--than anything else.
>>
>>32763582
Stop living in a 3rd world shithole then.
>>
>>32763587
shhh, stop being reasonable, this is 4chan!
>>
>>32763575
>Hardly anyone does that
No.
>>
>>32763514
It's about context

$300 for a new piece of hardware that should last a good long time isn't all that much
>>
>>32763592
Dude just stop living in a 3ds world shithole
Dude just like get a high paying job
Dude just win the lottery LOL
>>
>>32763620
>3ds world shithole
Freudian slip, huh? You nigga is jelly as fuck.
>>
>>32763587
people are also forgetting one thing: price drops. While Nintendo rarely drops game prices, console prices are constantly getting slashed. The idea that the switch won't be something like 250$ in late 2018 is somewhat laughable.
>>
>>32763636
This, /v/ and /vp/ is riddled with underage morons.
>>
>>32763636
>Neojewtendo
>price drops
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>32763652
read the full statement before you decide to comment.
>>
>>32763592
i live on long island dude that is like premiere part of NY state
>>
>>32763663
Reading is for nerds.
>>
>>32763669
OK, underage. Enjoy being a worthless whining parasite.
>>
>>32763684
I will senpai :,3
>>
>>32763254
Because I'm from New Zealand where it's 549 fucking dollars.
>>
>>32763665
How can you complain about 300 bucks when you live in one of the more expensive areas of the country? If 300 bucks is so devastating, maybe consider moving.
>>
>>32763764
i can't, don't have the money to move

born unto my parents, blame them for being born here (and also unable to afford a move) not me

see how poverty can be deadly (and i say that sitting in a room with a computer, tv, and xbox, but in the 1st world poverty is more subtle and confining)
>>
>>32763797
Usually not one to give financial advice, but might selling the electronics help? I live near Atlanta, and I assure you, living here is infinitely easier than it is up North, with no sacrifice to quality of living. If you ever can manage it, I highly recommend it.
>>
>>32763797
Poverty is more subtle and confining in the 1st world?

You're so privileged it's wild. People are literally starving
>>
>>32764445
Don't go full liberal, screaming "PRIVELEGED!" at everybody that looks at you funny.
>>
>>32763615
>implying the switch won't be obsoleted within 2-5 years
as if paying $300 just to play 1 or 2 games plus $20 for online isn't already fucking stupid
>>
>>32763284
That is just a by product of a much deeper issue that the Pokemon Company has no association with.

It sucks and I feel for them though, hopefully their countries can get better some day soon.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.