[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was the guy who never played a Pokemon game or watched muc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: vg.hh.01.lg.jpg (57KB, 739x550px) Image search: [Google]
vg.hh.01.lg.jpg
57KB, 739x550px
I was the guy who never played a Pokemon game or watched much of the shows before, but I am now questioning whether or not I should try to get a 3DS from somewhere like ShopGoodwill.com or just wait to see if a future Pokemon game will be released for the Switch since I get the feeling that Nintendo may cut support for the 3DS / 2DS in the near future.
>>
>>32758169
3ds has a good backlog dude. Its probably worth it to by a 3ds for as cheap as you can get, hack it, have the entire 3ds library and play your way through. Its what I'm doing.

Im sure pokemon games on the 3ds will have active online communities for a good while, looking at its massive install base.
>>
>>32758210
>3ds has a good backlog dude. Its probably worth it to by a 3ds for as cheap as you can get, hack it
You had better emulate (I say this as an emulatorfag) because I saw that all the fags who hacked their console got permanently banned and lost their wifi. Which is essentially the same thing as emulating, since emulators don't have wifi either.

If you want to play on an actual 3DS I think the prerogative is to play legit, otherwise you will have no additional features compared to Citra (other than game compatibility with Pokemon XY, since Citra only emulates ORAS, Gates of Infinity, Super Mystery Dungeons - with a cutscene glitch and Sun and Moon).
>>
>>32758169
Despite what the fags say about muh 240p graphics, there are good Pokemon games on 3DS, from the 2D sprite era there are HGSS (2nd gen remakes, get to explore Johto and Kanto), Platinum (Explore Sinnoh, better than the previous version Diamond and Pearl), Black/White and Black2/White2 (Introduces the most new Pokemon, has unique plot).

Then there is the 3D model era of games, 6th gen and above, these aren't as good due to Game Freaks incompetence with 3D models, would be better (Higher FPS, better quality models) if they got ported to Switch in the future
>>
>>32758315
You can unban yourself easily. Didn't you get the memo, Anon?
t. Former bannedfag with CFW.
>>
>>32758169
Considering you can play the entire mainline pokemon series on a hacked 3DS, it's definitely worth it. Just buy a second hand 2ds, hack it, and work your way through the massive library of games it has.
Even if you don't hack it, it's worth it. If you're interested in just pokemon, you can play everything except gen3 and crystal. But while it started slow, the amount of games you have available, especially if you include the entire DS library, makes it definitely worth it.
Switch will still take a good 3 years before it manages to take off, has no pokemon games, and it's not worth your money right now, especially considering they will probably release newer models later on and the library is really small.
>>
>>32758315
A banned 3DS is still way better than the current trashy emulation anyway
>>
>>32758315
lol
>playing legit
>citra is still a shit emulator
>console is unbannable
my point about online still stands
>>
a used 3dsxl in top condition is like 100 bucks off craigslist. just get it and you'll have a ton of games you can play incluiding all the pokemon stuff and whatever's going on the virtual console shop. considering they're making yet another 2ds system in time for summer they're not going to just stop making games for it this year or anything. and even if they did, you'd still have a fuckhuge library of titles to check out and the ability to read reviews before buying/renting them since they've been out for a while. also.
>needing /vp/ to tell you what to buy
>>
>>32758169
If you have to buy one, buy one brand new. Otherwise don't bother.

>>32758315
>all the fags who hacked their console got permanently banned and lost their wif
I see you're misinformed and spreading misinformation to others. Fucking retards like you are the cancer of humanity.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.