[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vp/ logic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: KOTOR_II.jpg (66KB, 260x343px) Image search: [Google]
KOTOR_II.jpg
66KB, 260x343px
USUM only had a year of development time extra, that's not enough to fix all the bugs or create a new story and decent post game! This game will almost be the same, a year simply isn't enough for a 3D game to make substantial changes!

Yet this game (which is way bigger than any Pokemon game) , was created on only 14 months (Start up: October 2003 - Release: 6 December 2004)

Either way, in short: Game Freak has NO FUCKING EXCUSE to not knock it out of the park this time around. SM was in development for multiple years, and they even got a year extra now for USUM.
>>
>>32751920
GameFreak has a long history of being lazy and incompetent. It's not fair to compare them to real game developers. USUM is just easy filler so they can spend more time working on Gen 8.
>SM was in development for multiple years
So was every other Pokemon game and they were not working solely on SM during those years. You don't know how game development works.
>>
>>32751979
>> So was every other Pokemon game and they were not working solely on SM during those years.

SM had at least 2 years of full-on development by the main team over at GameFreak. That's twice the time as the game posted above. Now they have a third year added to that.

They really have to deliver this time around. There simply are no excuses.
>>
GF just sucks
>>
>KOTOR2
A game that is legendary for being a glitchy, incomplete mess, specifically because it was rushed?
>>
>>32753437
Despite that it's still seen as the better one compared to the original by fans of the series. Coupled with a nice 85 metacritic score.

But that's beside the point. KOTOT2 is loads bigger in scale than anything Pokemon, and yet Obsidian could do it in a year.

If an entire game (with a bigger scope) can be made in a year, why wouldn't GameFreak be able to create an decently sized update.
>>
>>32753617
>seen as the better one

I call shenanigans on that
>>
>>32751979
>GameFreak has a long history of being lazy and incompetent. It's not fair to compare them to real game developers.
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>32753632
Storywise at least.
>>
>>32753640
You mean the part of game development that doesn't take years to finish?
>>
>>32753661
You act like the game is an unplayable mess. Which it isn't at all.
>>
>>32753640
if you mean the story we were supposed to get then yes people loved it

but what we got was incomplete garbage
>>
>>32753640
nah
>>
>>32753690
Its completed form is by definition unplayable (though that didn't stop modders from making a serious effort)

If you mean MECHANICS, yes, the systems almost entirely imported from the previous title worked almost as well as they did in the previous title. Except those times they didn't.

The game used the same engine, a lot of similar assets, and featured a similar progression. The plot-centric mechanics and some ways the Force worked were the only differences. They could get so much done in a year because the game was basically an expansion pack for the first, sold separately.

I spent a LOT of time playing both games, and almost as much modding both. In the backend, they're extremely similar; KOTOR2 didn't innovate much.
>>
>>32753746
>They could get so much done in a year because the game was basically an expansion pack for the first, sold separately.

Sounds like USUM don't you think?
>>
>>32753792
Oh I wasn't arguing that you picked a bad example for comparison, I was arguing you picked a bad example for the point you're tyring to make. The development of the two games is very similar. But if KOTOR2 is the standard you're setting, the game you want USUM to emulate in terms of development quality, you're practically begging for GF to make USUM awful.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.