[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: obscure game facts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: GS_Ball_get.png (2KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
GS_Ball_get.png
2KB, 160x144px
Goldenrod
>In Western versions of Crystal, a woman in the Pokémon Center gives the player Revives in exchange for copies of Eon Mail, itself only obtainable via Mystery Gift.
>>
If there were no dataminers and internet, the games would be much more interesting
>>
>>32751591
sounds like you want privileged and exclusive knowledge to certain things, anon
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 125x110px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 125x110px
>>32751591
This, every time a new game is announced I'm hyped as fuck to see the new mons and shit then leakers ruin it by leaking. Not gonna lie though I'm not mad at the leakers, Leakers keep doing your shit.
>>
>>32751591
Of there were no dataminers and internet, some obscure game trivia would go completely unnoticed. This wasn't discovered until 3 years ago thanks to datamining: In Pokémon Crystal, there's is graffiti on the top of Celadon Manision.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n77pwb_LP40
>>
>>32751645
Considering Celadon Condominiums is Game Freak's headquarters in Kanto, it's expected to find Easter eggs there.
>>
Arbok is snake spelled backwards
>>
>>32751656
So why did it take 14 years to find it?
>>
>>32751664
For the same reason it took 10 years to finally be able to catch Arceus in the void on Diamond and Pearl. People didn't know and probably wouldn't know how to find it.
>>
>>32751677
Which is why datamining is good.
>>
>>32751686
Yes, and I agree.
>>
>>32751572
This isn't a fact but due to Lance's lack of dragons and Agatha's lack of Ghosts I always assumed Dragon and Ghost types were only added last minute.
>>
>>32751713
Dragon moves have always been super-effective against Dragon types, by the way. You just couldn't confirm this originally because the only Dragon move was Dragon Rage which deals type-neutral damage.
>>
Firebreather Dick was changed to Richard in HGSS, and the Gym Guy in Whitney's Gym and Old Man in front of Erika's gym say that the gym is full of great trainers instead of cute girls or women.
>>
>>32751730
Yes but only in the localizations. Game Freak couldn't care less about American soccer moms when they put out their stuff in Japan.
>>
>>32751740
No fucking shit, Holmes. Because a Japanese game is gonna have a guy named Dick and Richard.
>>
>>32751750
I wasn't referring to the cute girls thing. Can't let soccer moms feel like there's competition around, y'know?
>>
>>32751765
*was

Darn it.
>>
>>32751730
>the Gym Guy in Whitney's Gym
I don't remember this.
>>
>>32751905
The guide
>>
>>32751936
Oh, here's what he says in English GSC:

>before defeating Whitney
Yo! CHAMP in
making!

This GYM is home
to normal-type
POKéMON trainers.

I recommend you
use fighting-type
POKéMON.

>after defeating Whitney
You won? Great! I
was busy admiring
the ladies here.

Heh
>>
Skyla's team in B2W2 all have names beginning with S: Swoobat, Skarmory and Swanna. This even extends to Challenge Mode, in which she adds a Sigilyph to her team.

The Trick House was mostly filled with useless Mail in RSE. However, it was the only place where Bead Mail could be obtained in all of Gen III, as well as the only way of getting Glitter Mail and Tropic Mail in Emerald.

The Cyndaquil line can learn Iron Tail in Gen II, but not in any other games.
>>
>>32752055
>Skyla's team in B2W2 all have names beginning with S: Swoobat, Skarmory and Swanna. This even extends to Challenge Mode, in which she adds a Sigilyph to her team.
English version coincidence?
>>
>>32751677
wait do you mean the azure flute or something else
>>
>>32752429
I think he's talking about https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pal_Park_Retire_glitch
>>
>>32752468
>https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pal_Park_Retire_glitch
Can you bank that thing?
>>
>>32752526
Assuming bank accepts any kind of Hall of Origin Arceus, yes. And I think GF thinks they distributed the azure flute, if the Mystery Gift text from the 20th aniversary Arceus is anything to go by.
>>
>>32752061
Most likely. I'm pretty sure the people who put together her teams were Japanese, so I doubt they'd even be aware of their English names.
>>
>>32751645

i will bet you someone discovered that by accident the first day it came out
>>
>>32751645
Found that when I was like 10, Faggot.
>>
>>32751645
Yes, I know. I look at the leaks too, but in a figurative way, we waste all of the fun potential by looking at leaks and dataminers.

I also go for the leaks and all the shit, but I just suppose it'd be best if we could at least avoid all this shit for at least one game, and see if we like it more that way. Then after that, we compare our opinions with the anons who know all the secrets from dataminers.

And I repeat, that is an "obscure fact" about the games.
>>
ITT: a poketuber needs dumb facts for a new video and comes to /vp/ to do all the work for them
>>
>>32752848
imagine being this paranoid
>>
>>32752526
I read about it in glitch city. If you can get a HoO Arceus which is a long process of 73k steps, it can trigger the Sinjo ruins event in HGSS so I am sure you can bank it.
>>
>>32752921
Nice, I'm gonna try it soon
>>
>people bitching about data miners and leakers taking the fun discoveries out of the game
You know that just because a data miner or leaker releases this shit you are under no obligation to pay any attention to them right?
>>
>>32752848
Watch out for that tinfoil.
>>
>>32752526
I have heard you need to level it up all of the way to level 100, but it is bankable.
>>
>>32753984
Yes because the distributed Arceus is lv100. Only Generation IV games have the Mystery Zone as a possible caught location for Pokémon. When you migrate it to Generation V, its caught location (if it's the Mystery Zone) gets deleted but this doesn't matter because, much like how Pokémon created in a Generation III game will be from Hoenn or Kanto (based on the game where the data was generated) in Generation IV, Generation IV Pokémon in Generation V will be either from Sinnoh or Johto.

In theory, this should be enough to allow Bank to validate Arceus as it was not caught at the Hall of Origin even though the script used to encounter it is from there.
>>
>>32751645
This somehow seems familiar, maybe i found it as a little kid and just forgot about till now
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.