[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder XY are better than SM Debate me faggos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (11KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 226x223px
Reminder XY are better than SM

Debate me faggos
>>
>>32750284
nothing to debate. XY fucked over SM hard, which is even more hilarious when you look at the pre-SM launch hype where people suddenly decided gen 6 was trash
>>
If all you care about is elements PvE balance and story, SM is better. I liked the Kalos region itself, its new Pokemon, and Mega Evolutions much more than the equivalents of Alola, and like XY more for that.

Both are very underwhelming games though, to say the least.

>>32750296
>suddenly
>>
>>32750307
>playing pokemon for the story
Either way, XY were more traditional pokemon games because they treated you like a functioning, independent, adult. In SM, you cant go 5 minutes without some annoying character popping in and going "DUDE ISLAND TRIALS LMAO"
Also the rotomdex alone makes SM inferior
>>
>>32750307
Also I think XY are pretty decent games in the grand scheme of things. Outside of the story and how easy it is there isn't a ton to get upset over.
>>
>>32750323
>>32750334
and here I was thinking the zelda cycle was just a meme.
>>
>>32750323
To be devils advocate, SM was actually more challenging. Pokemon games are pretty easy, but Gen 6 took that to an entirely new level.

Everything else is basically as you've said.
>>
>>32750363
Im not denying that, but challenge is only rewarding if the game itself is actually enjoyable.
>>
>>32750284
>Debate
no debate you're exactly right
>>
I recently started completing the regional dex for the shiny charm in moon and I realized how much I actually dislike a lot of the mechanics.

Gen 6 (I like oras best but I'm including XY too) had The PSS. friend safaris in XY and dexnav/mirage islands/etc. in ORAS, the interface was just slicker and everything was much more user-friendly. Festival plaza is absolute shit and having to rely on pokemon summoning allies to get some species (or worse, them summoning allies when you're trying to catch them) is tedious. Feels like a step back
>>
>>32750284
I can't debate you because that's factually correct, you massive fucking faggot.
>>
>>32750450
They can't summon allies if they have a status condition. If you are really trying to catch them, then you are just willfully making it harder on yourself by not using status inflicting moves.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.