[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: Volcarona.png (65KB, 260x240px) Image search: [Google]
Volcarona.png
65KB, 260x240px
What went right?
>>
>>32749523
not my team, they went down
>>
It looks cool.
>>
File: volcarona temple.png (506KB, 603x718px) Image search: [Google]
volcarona temple.png
506KB, 603x718px
>>32749523
The amount of fluff (lots).
>>
File: volc.jpg (462KB, 638x900px) Image search: [Google]
volc.jpg
462KB, 638x900px
>>32749523
>looks great
>manages to be great in battle despite rocks
>seriously, every team nowadays needs a volc check because it's so good
>single handedly brought about the rise of +100 speed scarfers (and rock slide scarf gren and scarf stone edge keld lmao)
>z fire blast and z psychic to blow away checks
>good enough coverage it doesn't need bug stab
>giga drain so it doesn't need roost
>unanimously loved
Volcarona is honestly a perfect pokemon: exceptional design and exceptional in battle without being broken.
>>
>>32749523

It's been my signature mon since BW2
This thing absolutely wrecks after setting up, not to mention a generous move pool for a bug
>>
amazing defensive typing
>>
>>32749523
Its design looks both pretty and threatening at the same time.
>>
>>32749523
>we will never get an ice/bug frost moth counterpart to Volcarona
it hurts
>>
File: zdgy6u7i8.png (351KB, 595x640px) Image search: [Google]
zdgy6u7i8.png
351KB, 595x640px
>>32749622
but would you fuck it?
>>
>>32749803
didn't know I wanted this until now
>>
>>32749523
Looks cool. Shame it evolves so late, has a shitty level-up movepool, and learns its best fire move at Level 100.
>>
>>32749822
yes
>>
>>32749523
Busted Stat Distribution with a busted movepool
It literally was only BL in Gen 6 because Talonflame cucked the shit out of it.
>>
File: 6cc.png (40KB, 202x216px) Image search: [Google]
6cc.png
40KB, 202x216px
>tfw the pseudo-pseudo legendary is better than the actual pseudo legendary
>>
>>32749857

Volcarona's level up movepool is so bad in BW2 that I actually relearnt Ember with Heart Scale rather than rely on Fire Spin until Lacunosa's Fire Blast TM. Also, you NEED Signal Beam as Bug Buz is level 70, way into the postgame.

Still proved to be very good though, but everything seems to have Rock or Water moves in the late game.
>>
>>32749822
I would not even touch it. I don't like buggos.
>>
>>32749822
Volc is for bugging not for fugging
>>
>>32750226
There be no brakes on the real Gen 5 rape train, Hydreigon.
>>
>>32750683
Whoa, I'm using a Volcarona in W2 now and your post almost exactly mirrors my experience with it. Spooky.

It doesn't help that Quiver Dance comes at Lv.59 so it probably won't get it before the Pokémon League. At least it gets Giga Drain via tutor.
>>
>>32750712

I had a Calm natured one in a Nuzlocke recently. He survived the whole adventure but Volcarona is no good against all three of the last gyms, and you can't deal with Fighting types as they all have Rock moves. It's like they designed the lategame specifically to dick with Volcarona. Still really good despite the lack of moves though - even Signal Beam alone was murdering things.
>>
>>32749523
Everything
>>
>>32749523

the MVP on my bug team right behind local smiling spider.moths are awsome, what would be cooler then a sweet fucking fire moth? great stats and movepool and new toys with Z moves this gen.

damn it feels good to be a bugfag
>>
>>32749523
Z-moves and no burb.
>>
>>32750226
That's because fairies exist now.
No doubt back in gen five Hydreigon was a force to be reckoned with.
>>
>>32749523
Volc deserved to be the second Unova pseudo.
What stat changes would you make for it to be true ? I would say +20 Attack because GameFreak, +10 HP, +10 or +20 Defense. Ideally more speed but that would be unlikely.
Also a cocoon stage between Larvesta and Volcarona.
>>
>>32749523
The nerf to Talonflame helped a lot.
>>
>>32749822
I'm sure if I even touched it I'd burn up but I'd be up for flying on this thing since it's one of the few bug types that can learn it.
>>
Holy shit! If Burnbug gets a Mega, it will rip all that is ass.
>>
>>32751663
>cocoon stage meme
no thanks
>>
>>32751391
As a person who witnessed the weather wars and was in that rainstorm myself, no, Hydreigon was and still is the worst Pseudo.
>has terrible typing so all of its weaknesses are pretty much checked by almost anything
>Ice type, fighting type, dragon type, and bug type moves weren't too uncommon but at least one thing had it
>lol levitate
>it barely has any good move coverage for its main attackers, fighting and dragon (ironically)
>needs to rely on an item to reliably kill, which is most of the time a 2hko
>oh yeah and don't forget that technician breloom one hits it with band and mach punch which was very common back then
>>
What were your reactions to Volcarona when the BW pokedex was leaked?
I remember on most forums people were in love with the Litwick and Joltik lines, but didn't see a lot of talk about the first bug fire.
>>
>>32749857

The only way to reasonably use one in game was to trade it over so it would get boosted exp.
>>
>>32749523
Being a resplendent solar-deity moth.
>>
>>32751784
It did significantly better than Metagross in gen V.
As for it still being the worst pseudo that's borderline ridiculous, Goodra and Kommo-o are still worse.
>>
>>32749523
>dex talks about how it substituted for the sun
>has it's own temple in BW1
>no drought

So a shitty pelican can call rain but this thing doesn't get drought? Why Gamefreak?
>>
>>32752047

Balance.
>>
>>32751768
Why though, it majes perfect sense here.
Plus 2nd stages are irrelevant since they can't be used in LC and are too shit for other tiers
>>
>>32752071
>Plus 2nd stages are irrelevant since they can't be used in LC and are too shit for other tiers

The idea is to make the line more usable in game.
>>
>>32752088
I was thinking of competitive but it's true that ingame cocoons suck. But what would you do instead, a cocoon makes sense between a caterpillar and a butterfly.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.