[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone bother with lapras in the original games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-131Lapras.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-131Lapras.png
51KB, 250x250px
Did anyone bother with lapras in the original games?
>>
Yes. After all, you receive it as a gift from a Silph employee in Red and Green and found it underground in Gold and Silver.
>>
>>32749149
Just until it learned Hydro Pump, then back in the box it went.
>>
>>32749149
one of my favorite water types and my favorite ice type. Grinding it up is too much of a pain in the ass in rby though.
>>
Yeah, it used to be one of my favorite pokemon as a kid. Thought it was pretty and elegant and stuff.
>>
Why is it called Laplace though?
>>
>>32749149
I always loved the design, and back in RBY, it was also pretty damn strong.
>>
>>32749149
dunno about the originals, but in FR/LG, this and Nidoking were some of the best team members you could get
>>
File: besticetype.png (287KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
besticetype.png
287KB, 640x640px
>>32749149
8/10 times I play RBY or FRLG I start with squirtle, and I still take lapras because it's one of two non Alolan form ice types I actually like. The fact that it's good is just a bonus.
>>
>>32749175
were you autistic like me and only trained pokemon until they learned all of their moves before you stopped using it unless it still needed to evolve or unless it was a main party member :333
>>
I just bought a Lapras plush. It's one of my favorites.
>>
>>32749149
Lapras was a sleeper-hit. A lot of people picked up Squirtle as their starter or were autistic charmander pickers and literally nobody picked bulbasaur.

By the time you got a lapras you were already sperging out over Blastoise who was literally worse but he was your bro. For Charmander users, they had hyarados already or Starmie or something and I doubt many people saved their thunderbolt TM long enough to give it to lapras.

Lapras was a fucking powerhouse in Gen 1 but sadly it came a little late in the game.
>>
>>32749149
Trivia Fact:

It can learn solar beam. It was able to learn it in gen 1 via TM...but for whatever reason GF decided not to pass that trait onto future games. It's now only legal on transfer sets.

It wouldn't make it that much more viable...but dammit, it still hurts. Lapras is best bro-mon. Why you do dis GF?
>>
>>32749434
freeze dry or water moves are better, tone down the reddit if you don't want to get picked on here
>>
>>32749434
At least it can meme in PU sun teams. Hooray. A Physical or Freeze Dry set is probably better, though.
>>
How do you fug a Lapras?
>>
>>32749149

Used it right back in my first playthrough of Blue
>>
>>32749149
I went with Dewgong.
>>
>>32749149
I might have if it wasn't horrificly underleveled by the time you get it.
>>
>>32750456
>Find a hole
>Stick it in
>>
>>32750482
But what if its under the tail

This thing is a heavyweight btw
>>
im not a big fan of lapras so i never bothered

but i did bother with Aerodactyl in leaf green
>originals it was lvl 30
>remakes lvl 5

>left rock slide tutor for aerodactyle
>saved all the trainers on none bicycle to fuchia city to train him
>>
>>32750505
>literally like 30 minutes away from the end of the game
>level 5

Who thought that was OK?
>>
>>32750484
Actually its only 500 pounds. If you were on a good mattress, you probably wouldn't even feel uncomfortable.
Fuck, look at how broad the underside is. It would naturally depress around you, so you would probably only be actually supporting 2-300 pounds of soft material, tops. And that's assuming dead weight, it's not supporting any weight at all with its flippers. On a good mattress, the weight may even be negligible.

If you say "I don't care how much it says it weighs, it looks like it weighs several tons",
Flip it on its back, get in shallow water, or get some kind of small depression in a hard material.
>>
>>32750524
i feel like ive seen a lapras on a bed picture
>>
>>32749297
It is??
>>
>>32750524
>500 pounds
T H I C C
>>
>>32750466
Good choice
>>
>>32750536
Its Japanese name, ラプラス (Rapurasu), is officially romanized as Laplace. The English name is like a mix of this desu as Rapurasu + Laplace = Lapras, imo.
>>
>>32751015
Makes .it sound like a prostitute
>>
>>32751020
Huh?
>>
>>32750505
gen 4 was a lot better in that regard
>fossils come at lv 20
>can get one revived before finishing the second gym
>>
>>32750505
>uses the VS seeker multiple times on those bird keepers with Dodrios to the left of Fuchia
>>
>>32749297
Maybe it knows everything.
>>
>>32749297
>Why is it called Laplace though?
Probably in reference to lapland
>>
>>32751188
basically what i did
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.