[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will happen with /vp/ if the franchise dies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1296693472.png (111KB, 238x280px) Image search: [Google]
1296693472.png
111KB, 238x280px
So, picture for a moment that the pokemon franchise dies. It's been running for a number of decades now, but no one cares about it anymore, the games aren't giving money, the anime either. Whatever you wanna say needs to happen in order for it to die, it happens.

As a result of the massive lost of interest, the few fans that remain for pokemon discussion just won't do, and it isn't what it used to be anyways; /vp/ barely has any activity. What happens to this board then? it gets erased? it stays forever even if no one uses it?

Also on the matter of the franchise dying, do you think the moment will come in our time? will gen 7 cause it? will it take more gens? do you even want for pokemon to end? I don't think gen 7 will kill it neither I want it to end, but /vp/ might have different opinions on this.
>>
People will still talk about the older pokemon games
>>
>>32748117
>the games aren't giving money
Top b8.
>>
/vp/ will become immortalized at Bulbapedo

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:Pyritie//vp/
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:The_Great_Butler//vp/
I actually found these article drafts by accident
>>
Game freak has only 118 employees. Making 240p games it doesn't cost much to make.

Pokemon selling 1-2 million not 15-16 million would still make them a profit
>>
File: 1496798869335.png (39KB, 370x320px) Image search: [Google]
1496798869335.png
39KB, 370x320px
>>32748145
And here we have the common /vp/oreon, unable to read but still posting, relentlessly trying to be funny, to fit in. Someday maybe, just maybe, anon will finally realize it is best for him to step away, and on this day we will all shine a bit brighter.

Until then, we'll just have to put up with you.
>>
>>32748159
Pyritie's article isn't half bad desu
>>
>>32748203
last edit was in late 2011 desu
>>
>>32748117
4chan will be gone long before Pokemon. And with new Net Neutrality rules this could be sooner rather than later.
>>
>>32748167
Huh, well I didn't think about it from that angle. I guess the franchise really just cannot die if it is so low cost.

Also I guess >>32748138 still has a point. I was asking more on the lines of "why would 4chan keep a pokemon board now if there are so few threads there that the same level of discussion could be done over at /vg/?", but I'm satisfied by the "people will still talk about the older games" answer.

>>32748229
Elaborate
>>
File: 1367290959012.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1367290959012.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>32748117
The franchise is already dead. Nu-Pokemon as of now is like Sonic, the games getting steadily worse and worse as it fails to catch up to more modern competitors. Nobody does turn-based combat anymore, and for good reason; it's a clunky, archaic system that only worked when hardware couldn't handle more involved gameplay. As time passes by, only the hardcore autists, furfags and waifufags desperately cling onto the franchise. And much like Sonic, one of the tell-tale signs is the constant nostalgiafag pandering in the latest installments.
>>
>>32748348
>implying turn-based has anything to do with hardware
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-08-18-19-11.png (7KB, 311x88px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-08-18-19-11.png
7KB, 311x88px
>>32748159
>Pyritie
>>
>>32748193
THERE HE IS
THERE HE GOES AGAIN
>>
>>32748386
what did it mean by this?
>>
>>32748117
The only reason /vp/ exists is because of how flooded /v/ would get every time a new game was announced. With no new announcements, general Pokémon discussion will just get integrated back into /v/. Some of the more dedicated spinoff generals here might move to /vg/. The anime threads will move to /a/. Pokegirl threads will still exist on /e/, /h/, and /c/. Literally nothing of value would be lose if /vp/ were deleted
>>
4chan will die before Pokémon.
>>
>>32748117
The board will eventually be deleted, and Pokemon discussion will be relegated to /v/ for the vidya/TCG stuff, /a/ for the ashnime and Generations, and /vg/ for generals like Showderp, Clover, Pokemon Go General, /c/ and /e/ for waifuposting, and so on.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.