[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever have a /vp/ free of pointless genwars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1474404992235.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474404992235.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
Will we ever have a /vp/ free of pointless genwars?
>>
>>32746824
post that insults electrode as an objectmon while praising objectmon of another generation
>>
>>32746824
No. What d'you think you're better than me? Probably some Johtoddler.
>>
A /vp/ free of genwars and starterwars would be glorious, which is why it'll never happen.
>>
No because every day more underage peoples ple come, and more genwunners who had never heard of 4chan before now

one day you wil have posters nostalgic for kalos
>>
>>32746824
When people realize that criticism of something that they like isn't a personal attack on them.
>>
>>32746830
Post that agrees with anecdotes used as proof
>>
Only with proper mods that enforce >>>/vp/rules/4.
>>
>>32746824
Yeah, it's called reddit faggot.
>>
>>32746895
So never.

>>32746902
The problem with that rule is that they don't seem to have an exact definition of genwars, sure I've seen obvious Gengar threads get deleted but I've also seen anons mention that they've been banned simply for mentioning hey don't like a gen which some people would say counts even though it could just merely be an opinion instead if trying to start something.
>>
>>32746824
That'd only be possible if retards realized that there's something to enjoy about all gens, except 3ds ones. 3ds era is absolute trash.
>>
File: 1494255993567.png (107KB, 402x416px)
1494255993567.png
107KB, 402x416px
>>32746824
>complaining about genwars
>posting a gen1 pokémon
Nice double standard OP, well played
>>
>>32746927
And here's the problem, here >>32746970 we have someone inciting genwars and here >>32747030 we have someone thinking somebody else is inciting genwars when he's just making a statement.
>>
>>32747072
>muh genwars
Fuck off faggot, it's just a five word sentence and I don't care if it eventually develops into a genwar, just wanted to say 3ds era sucks and you should feel bad for liking it.
>>
>>32746824
A /vp/ without genwars isn't /vp/.
>>
>>32747144
You're only enforcing what he's saying.
>>
>>32747144
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE OR I WILL REPLY TO YOU AS THE INTELLECTUAL

I know this is a franchise for children, but holy shit.
>>
we just need fucking mods and janitors who actually come here
>>
>>32746824
I hope so, anon. It makes me sad to see people upset about Pokemon. I wish everyone could be happy :(
>>
I hope not. Gen wars are some of the most interesting discussions on /vp/.

I'll happily take them over any manner of fap bait.
>>
>>32748874
>genwars
>interesting discussions
It's literally the same people making the same, tired old shitposts against each other again and again. There's nothing interesting about it.
>>
>>32746824
Genwars (for as long as they last before the battlefield gets nuked) make for a good percentage of content on /vp/. While shortlived, their tendency to spark discussion (and shitposting, sadly) is pretty much a necessary evil.
>>
>>32748874
/thread
>>
>>32746824
Yes, but only when everyone aknowledges and agrees with the fact the Gen1 is the best Gen.

Until then, those ridiculous underage kids need to be taught.
>>
>>32750763
Started on gen 1

it's shit, I can prove it too.

take your rose tinted glasses off for like, 10 seconds. Gen 1 had critical flaws, in nearly every aspect of design.
>>
>>32751136
I'M TALKING ABOUT POKéMON DESIGN
'
M

T
A
L
K
I
N
G

A
B
O
U
T

P
O
K
é
M
O
N

D
E
S
I
G
N
>>
File: 1496803450492.jpg (58KB, 500x500px)
1496803450492.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>32751273
yes, and?

a pokeball with eyes on it
a ball with screws and magnets on it
a duck with a leak
a literal pile of purple shit
I can go on ripping on their designs, don't act like they're perfect because it's not, yes gen 1 had a LOT of good designs, but to think it's perfect and thus inherently superior to all other gens is just naive, throwing a blanket over what should be judged on a per case basis.

for someone supposedly old enough to be a genwunner, you sure fly off the handle easy.
>>
>>32751325
Design in gen 1 is bad.
Art style/direction is top.
>>
File: 1496844597885.png (114KB, 252x258px)
1496844597885.png
114KB, 252x258px
>>32751367
I suppose the watercolor pinups were really well done, but that's a thing of the past when they got 3d models to bring it to life and animation, and no amount of complaining will bring it back I suppose.
>>
>>32746824
Sure. The same day /tg/ stops having D&D edition wars.
And /co/ stops arguing over Marvel vs. DC.
And whatever each other board argues pointlessly about.
It'll also be the same day 4chan in general stops arguing over if traps are gay or not.

One day, far in the future when the oldfags are grey and sitting in their rocking chairs, they will remember fondly on the long-forgotten arguments and flamewars. They will look back with rose-tinted glasses and remember that there was once a place where you could say anything without fear of offending anyone. And one day, so will you.
>>
>>32751486
>that there was once a place where you could say anything without fear of offending anyone.
You're not talking about 4chan, right? People here get offended by anything, and are in general incredibly reactionary.
>>
>>32751522
Well, yes, but without FEAR is the important part it doesn't matter if someone does get offended. We're anon. It's all temporary. I can call you a shit-guzzling ass clown in one thread, and be talking with you about how much we love Umbreon in the next. We can all speak without fear: the consequences of what we say are temporary and fleeting.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.