[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon World

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

We need an open world Pokémon game.

Yes, this is what we need. I don't care about autists who would complain because you complain about anything.

An open world game with all main regions. The world Game Freak has created is very rich and diverse, it has a lot to offer. Imagine a world based on exploration. Where you ride pokémon, soar, surf and it's just a pleasure to travel in itself.
Zelda did it, Mario is doing it, Pokémon fits the theme very well and it should also do it.
>>
File: 1462446153834.png (257KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1462446153834.png
257KB, 500x375px
>>32745708
You're a fucking idiot but you probably already know that which is why you preemptively told people not to criticise your "original" idea that every 12-year-old has thought of.
>>
File: Pokémon-Snap.png (811KB, 1165x719px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon-Snap.png
811KB, 1165x719px
It can also include a Pokémon Snap done right
>>
>>32745708
Nice blog, enjoy your Pokemon GO microtransaction game.
>>
>>32745719
Except most of /vp/ deserves to be criticized because autists hate change and don't let ideas flourish
>>
I love when people say. We need a Pokemon game with all the region's.

We don't know how many fucking regions there are in the Pokemon world let alone how many Pokemon there are
>>
>>32745741
With all regions so far, obviously. And it can get expansions as new generations arrive
>>
No. It would be a mess. How are they going to adapt the fights?
>>
>>32745738
We have discussed, many times before, why "oh you can go to all the regions with no roadblocks whatsoever!" doesn't work. Newfags like OP either weren't around for those conversations or stuck their fingers in their ears (more likely the latter given "d-don't criticise my idea").
>>
I'd like a game where you could go to the gyms in any order, and the leaders have different teams based on how many badges you have. I sure they could figure out a work around for HMs, or only make them needed to reach the league/side areas.
>>
>>32745783
>>32745780
And this is exactly why I posted that in the OP.

Of course it can be done, you just need a good development team. harcore Zelda fans were also denying the possibility of open world years ago and now they suck the Wild's cock as the savior of the franchise. Pokémon can totally adapt to this.
>>
I am so tired of hearing children and normies say this.
>>
File: 1478805313104.png (618KB, 1024x743px) Image search: [Google]
1478805313104.png
618KB, 1024x743px
>>32745840
Zelda had an open world game with Zelda 1. BotW is Zelda 1 in 3D, a return to its roots. That's part of why it works so much.
Can you point me to an open-world JRPG that isn't shit? I admittedly haven't played too many but every one that I have has been linear.
>>
>>32745840
>completely avoiding the question
Right, so you don't actually know, you just want Gamefreak to magically pull a solution out of their ass.

Another "idea guy" shitpost. Disregard.
>>
>>32745861
>>32745852
GameFreak shouldnt need to look at others to make open world pokémon work. They are not a crippled team, they are a wealthy multinational, they own a best seller global franchise and are supported by Nintendo's creative minds. They should fucking invent a solution by themselves to answer the high existing demand.
>>
File: 1460714970280.jpg (54KB, 354x364px) Image search: [Google]
1460714970280.jpg
54KB, 354x364px
>>32745898
Game Freak can't even do the game series they've been working on for 20 years right anymore, why would you expect them to be able to completely change the formula and succeed if NOBODY ELSE has done it? If they can't even put a fucking Battle Frontier in the games why would they be able to get something with many problems inherent to the concept to work?
>>
>>32745898
Demand for what? You don't even know what you're asking for in a material sense, otherwise you'd have the answer. You just have a vague notion of "open world" that means fucking nothing in mechanical terms.

You're basically saying "Gamefreak should be able to figure out what I want."
>>
>>32745840
Zelda fans must be stupid then.
>>
>>32745708
I sort of agree, OP. Not with "all the regions", I think having something original would probably be better.

/vp/ has always been against the idea, but the only arguments I've ever seen against it are "muh battles, muh level curve".

Of course the gameplay would have to be completely different than a mainline Pokémon game, which wouldn't be a problem if it was a spin-off game. I would also love to soar on my Pokémon in a gorgeous and seamless open world, but it seems people here only want to press A, watch a cutscene and teleport to their destination.
>>
>>32745727
why do people pretend like pokemon snap wasn't absolute shit?
>>
>>32745978
If Game Freak or a different developer did a spinoff game with open world with some kind of action-style gameplay, then it might turn out fine. People are criticising a mainline open-world game because of the impossible-to-maintain level curve.
And I don't want to just watch nonstop cutscenes, that's why I hate SM, but there's a difference between exploring a side area in a JRPG and having an open-world game.
>>
>>32746008
Yeah sure, I don't think a mainline game like that would work, that's obvious and it wouldn't make sense for GF to break the formula when it's been printing money for 20 years. As a spinoff though, it'd be fantastic.
>>
>>32745930
Demand for open world Pokemon with all regions. People have demanded that for more than a decade and a half.
Fans didnt have to tell Aonuma how to make BotW, fans didnt come up with the tower systems and every mechanic, but he achieved his goal giving what people wanted and later praised. That is what developers should do.
I knew /vp/ would criticize the idea. You fags are just like that.
>>32745924
Getting rid of GameFreak when? The main team is kind of senile now and still as autistic and the new people just want to copy Yokai Watch.

Pokémon has so much unexplored potential and is so big among normies and fans that you could make it bigger than StarWars, but they stop trying and let it roll by itself instead of exploiting it. You could make theme parks, well written movies, fantasy book series a la Narnia/Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings, moving competitive to e-sport status, open World and online MMOs

But no, they give us shit like Ultra SuMo, Rumble 20 and puzzle shitgames while fans defend it because doing other stuff "must be hard".
The most adventurous thing they have done is Pokémon Go and it worked wonders, better than they dreamt. Pokémon has potential to be the biggest franchise of history.
>>
File: 1489999797709.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1489999797709.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>32746030
>moving competitive to e-sport status
>online MMOs
>The most adventurous thing they have done is Pokémon Go and it worked wonders, better than they dreamt.
You have the shittiest taste I have ever seen on this board. You have worse taste than the people whose favorite games are XY.
>>
>>32745708
>An open world game
Yes.
>with all main regions
Kys yourself.
>>
>>32746062
I dont care about /vp/ autists telling me why they hate things.
>>
>>32746084
Then why did you even make this thread you dumbass? What were you expecting to happen, people shower you in praise for the thread you made and then everybody claps?
>>
>>32746008
I honestly see how the level curve is a problem. They can simply make it so that wild pokemon's level is around your current level so you never get overleveled nor underleveled.

>>32745924
GF could easily do it, but they dont want to because of their minimalistic approach. They dont make good games, they make games that are good enough to sell well. And no, good doesnt necessarily equal bigger sales. Just like Justin Bieber's music is shit but he's successful. Its still shit though.
>>
>>32746091
I wanted to put in your autistic brains the seed of the idea that change is possible and more benefitial than you initially expect.
>>
>>32746030
>I knew /vp/ would criticize the idea. You fags are just like that.
Well, what the fuck were you expecting? That you would post your "original" idea and everyone would jerk you off, saying "oh wow! That would be so great! You're the best, OP"? This is a Pokemon board, full of Pokemon fans, and they'll be absolutely glad to rip your idea to shreds. If you wanted a good thread, you should have started with something like, "how could the leveling up system be fixed for an open-world Pokemon game?" At least people would want to discuss that.

>>32746102
I wanted to put in your autistic brains the seed of the idea that change is possible and more benefitial than you initially expect.
By spouting the same garbage that has been on this board millions of times before.
>>
>>32745978
>>32746008
>level curve
Easy. Get rid of the Leveling System. Focus more on the Rock-Paper-Scissors gameplay and allows stats and X Items to play a larger role.

Or focus less on battling. They can develop the game around catching side quests and filling out the Pokedex along side the main story. Battling kinda becomes tedious through normal playthroughs. A change of pace would be nice, like:

"Sorry, you can only battle Roxanne after you've caught 10 types of Pokemon."

And filling out the Pokedex through milestones can give the player rewards such as HMs, TMs, etc.

You don't even have to get rid of the leveling system. Just reduce the amount of trainers. There are almost 50 trainers to battle if you go south of Lavender Town on Route 12, to Fuschia City.

Or even yet, they could make it where you can only chalenge Gyms with the pokemon caught in the Gym's region. That way you can't challenge Gyms with Lv. 100 Pokemon.
Now I'm not saying you can't use mons caught in Kanto in Hoenn, cause you totally can. I'm just saying you can only enter the Gyms with Pokemon from their respective regions.

There's a lot they could do.
>>
Open world game with gameplay similar to battles in Pokepark=yes
All the regions=no.

Look at "good" open world games, they dont include the biggest land mass they can, they put it in a scope of good detail and make it a players representation. Elder scrolls 3-5 for example. Not No mans sky which is shit with noth8ng to do but big scope
I'd say pick one region like hoenn or sinnoh would be best due to variety
>>
>>32746093
>They can simply make it so that wild pokemon's level is around your current level so you never get overleveled nor underleveled.
This has its own problems though, it doesn't just fix everything.
If your opponent is always scaled exactly to your level, then there's no progression. No matter how much you train or how little you train, the game will play basically the same. If you're going to do that you may as well remove levels and experience points from the game altogether. A sense of progression is integral to Pokémon with the way it's set up, you get stronger as you get farther into the game and your Pokémon evolve, and you can take on bigger threats and stronger trainers as you do so. If the trainers automatically scale with you, if Youngster Joey on the first route is the same as a trainer on Victory Road regardless of what you do, that progression is entirely gone.
And to contrast things to BotW like our dumbass OP did, BotW is an action-adventure game with real-time combat. As long as all your weapons don't break, you can defeat any opponent at any point in the game, and can beat Ganon in just an hour if you run through and grab good weapons from the overworld. Some things do scale with time like weapon drops but you can take the entire game at your own pace, and the biggest thing that determines where you can and can't go is your own skill in combat. You can take on a big overworld miniboss like a Hinox early on if you put your mind to it, but you can also avoid it and come back later after you have better equipment, more hearts, and maybe some Champion skills, or just ignore it altogether.
(1/2)
>>
File: MMO with all regions.png (15KB, 717x166px) Image search: [Google]
MMO with all regions.png
15KB, 717x166px
>>32746236
(2/2)
Pokémon, as a JRPG, is a numbers game, and if your numbers are too small compared to your opponent you can't win. Either you have to grind to survive later areas, or you can just rush to a later area, throw a Pokéball at a Level 40 wild 'mon, and then stomp the early game while getting enough XP to plow through the rest of the game. You could heavily change the game and how stat progression and capturing Pokémon work, which might work for a spinoff, but you'd pretty much be pulling a Symphony of the Night and irreversably splitting the fanbase like Castlevania's if you replace the mainline games with something that drastic.
>>32746160
>They can develop the game around catching side quests and filling out the Pokedex along side the main story.
Might work for a spinoff but not for a mainline game, see above.
Removing trainers and streamlining the game to have more plot and less battling is part of why the newer games have sucked.
>they could make it where you can only chalenge Gyms with the pokemon caught in the Gym's region
This is also something I've seen a ton of. If you do this, you're essentially making multiple standalone games with linked save files and a shared PC, and Game Freak can't even get single games right, let alone multiple games packed into one.
>>32746102
As I said, every 12-year-old has thought of "open-world MMOs with all regions!" The oldest /vp/ archive I can find goes back to mid-2013 and you can find people calling for the exact same shit back then, except they compared it to Skyrim instead of BotW. This is not a new concept at all, and the only reason you don't know that is because you're a newfag who didn't look.
>>
>>32745708
>We need an open world Pokémon game.
No.
>>
>>32746244
*because you're a newfag who didn't lurk
Don't know how I wrote that whole textwall and fucked up at the very end
>>
>>32745708
yeah, every kid has had thoughts of an open world pokemon game of some kind. I did back in the 90s.

However, what I'd liek to see that could be easily made is a pokemon game with an ff tactics combat system.
>>
>>32746244
>Might work for a spinoff but not for a mainline game, see above
Not really. Once you think about it, filling out the Pokedex is the first mission you are given in all games. It should be enforce and integrated into the mainline story. Battling is just E4 and post game. If gyms had Pokedex Completion requirements, it would encourage the player to explore. Pokemon isn't a numbers game. It's a type matchup game, which is why it stands out from all JRPGs.
>Removing trainers and streamlining the game to have more plot and less battling is part of why the newer games have sucked.
Not once did I ask for more plot in my post. The newer games suck because of dialogue, storytelling, and handholding. The newer games also have only focused on battling, which is why we need to cut it and give more focus on collecting and trading. Questing would work nicely in Pokemon.
>If you do this, you're essentially making multiple standalone games with linked save files and a shared PC
No you're not. You can use any Pokemon in any region. You can only use regional Pokemon with their regional Gyms. You can still participate in trainer battles, contests, Pokeathlon, Battle Tree, etc, with any Pokemon from anywhere.
>>
>>32745708
What a creative idea. Nobody's ever thought of it before, and /vp/ has certainly never discussed ad nauseam why it just would never work.
>>
File: 1497167249875.jpg (37KB, 789x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497167249875.jpg
37KB, 789x960px
>REDDIT OPEN WORLD MEME
>>
>>32747087
Loads of JRPGs have type weaknesses, though usually it's much more simple and is just shit like fire/ice/lightning/air/earth.
>You can only use regional Pokemon with their regional Gyms.
That's basically limiting you, because to beat those regions you would either have to grind the Hoenn Pokémon or use them the entire game so they can level naturally.
>>
>>32747159
I mean the Gym Leader pokemon levels would reset each time you go to a new region. Should have put that in my post
>>
>>32745708
>Zelda did it, Mario is doing it, Pokémon fits the theme very well and it should also do it.

Pokemon isn't an action-adventure or an action platformer title.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.