[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fuck up the balance of the type chart and introduce RIMITO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: xy.jpg (63KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
xy.jpg
63KB, 620x320px
>fuck up the balance of the type chart and introduce RIMITO BREAKU power creep out the ass
>set a precedent for shit postgames and shit storylines
>sun/moon is even worse in the above and casualizing the game
Is gen 6 the point where Pokemon irretrievably jumped the shark?
>>
>>32745390
>it's another bitch about mega evolutions episode

It's been like 4 years, get the fuck over it
>>
I think so, though I never completed BW or BW2.
>>
>>32745390
Mega Evolutions were a decent concept executed in a mediocre way. If Fairy wasn't SE against Fighting, it'd be fine; Dragons were dominating, and Poison had little use as an attack type. The stories were, like Mega Evolutions, decent concepts executed in a mediocre way - XY could've focused less on the "friend squad", and SM could've done with less dialogue cutscenes, or at the very least a skip button. The lack of postgame is a return to roots for the series, as postgame was really only a thing starting in Emerald, with the DS games being where most postgame content is.
>>
>>32745923
Fighting absolutely needed a nerf
>>
I think it helped the type chart. Sleel could have gotten a bigger nerf than just losing Dark and Ghost resistance.

Ice should have gotten a buff.
>>
>>32745937
>Keeps bulky mons like Chansey, Ferrothorn, etc. in check
>Weak to two relatively common attacking types
>STAB is negated by one of the most common types in competitive play

Why does it need a nerf again?
>>
>>32745937
>>32745966
More like
>SE against 5 types
>Resisted by 5 types

it was fine desu. If they wanted to nerf it then they should've just not brought back Superpower as a move tutor and enforce the Plus sign rule
>>
File: 1qpklz.jpg (31KB, 540x359px) Image search: [Google]
1qpklz.jpg
31KB, 540x359px
>>32745937
>>
>>32745937
Meanwhile, Electric has only one weakness
>>
>>32745923
Question: How would you have reacted if instead of mega evolutions we had...

[1] normal permanent evolutions for weaker pokemon

[2] some sort of Totem-esque boost instead of mega evolutions - the pokemon's aura flares up, a specific stat or stats gets a big boost, and the pokemon's ability changes

The beauty of an aura boost is that you can give it to all pokemon, you can easily tweak it to give boosts differently to different pokemon, and it requires zero pokemon redesigns.

Let's avoid the 'muh Eviolite' thing, the item can be tweaked if necessary.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.