[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were megas a mistake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

I mean it says it all why that concept died with ORAS and they went with a less OP route with Z crystals.
>>
t. taoist scum
>>
>>32744042
>Were megas a mistake?
No. Contrary to what /vp/ will tell you, Megas were a massive success. People loved them. ORAS was sold almost entirely on them. Why do you think people keep clamoring for more?
>>
No, Milotic should have gotten one.
>>
File: IMG_2898.png (446KB, 1642x1642px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2898.png
446KB, 1642x1642px
They were a huge success. They've stopped as it was a gimmick and gimmicks are exclusive to generations.
>>
>>32744042

Huge waste of Space and Time.
>>
File: 1488481982503.jpg (80KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
1488481982503.jpg
80KB, 800x733px
>>32744042
They're all ugly as sin, and the people they're designed to pander to (i.e. nostalgiafags) didn't want them.

Megas tore a hole in the meta game when they were introduced, and are almost solely responsible for the power creep we've seen lately. Gen 6 introduced more 600+ BST monsters than every previous generation combined. And gave them all broken ass abilities.

There is literally no reason for megas to exist. Mons that should have gotten normal cross gen evolutions like Sableye and Mawile will never get them now. Since you're only allowed one mega per team, people pass up lesser megas that they might have run if they were normal evolutions (see pretty much every mega in a BL tier).

Literally the only advantage megas have over normal cross gen evos is that they can be used to buff 3rd stage mons. Except this could be accomplished by simply restatting the mon and giving it new abilities (GF has shown they're willing to do both). Even then, GF fucked that up by giving megas to mons that were already really good (Scizor, Garchomp, etc.), so any future megas will face stiff competition for that mega slot. That is, if GF ever makes new megas.

The worst part of megas is yet to come however. Gen 6 set a precedent with these stupid LIMITU BUREAKU mechanics Japan is obsessed with. As Gen 7 showed us, GF wants to chuck out new gimmick forms instead of trying to properly balance the shit they've already made. In a few gens, the game will be so bloated will alt forms and transformations, it'll be an unplayable mess.
>>
>>32744356
take a chill pill
>LIMITU BUREAKU
made me kek
>>
Megas on pseduos and legendarys was a mistake
>>
>>32744042
Megas and z moves are both kind of irritating but I'm slowy warming up to the idea of them. The only problem is instead of the series ending like normal games do, pokemon seems like it will just constantly introduce gimmicks to make the games interesting. It's not long before we see a new typing.
>>
Considering the outcry that happened when everyone found out that not all Mega stones were in SM, no they were a succes, a really big one. Contrarians will stuff there arms in there ears and deny everything, but they are and forever will be the minority.
>>
>>32744356
>the people they're designed to pander to (i.e. nostalgiafags) didn't want them.
This is wrong. Megas were meant to give new relevance to old mons. Essentially, it reintroduced them to newer players, the exact opposite of what you're saying.
>>
I would have prefered a simple evolution for Pokemon with no utility like Dunsparce, rather than giving a mega to Garchomp for example. Even a 4th evo for the 3 stage mons that sucks would have been better.
>>
>>32744042
As a concept, no. Megas were a good way to give some outclassed Pokemon a new chance to shine. See Sceptile, Ampharos, Pinsir, Beedrill, ect.

The problem was that those pokemon are the minority of Megas and they instead gave the boosts to stuff like Mewtwo and Rayquaza, who didn't need any help, or completely overdid the buffs (Lucario, Gengar, Salamence, Kangaskhan, Mawile, ect)
>>
>>32744397
I wonder if the feature bloat will eventually force them to reboot. There is only so much shit you can tack on before it gets too ridiculous.
>>
>>32744426
I figured this was the reason GF keeps removing features as quickly as they introduce them. They only feel obligated to include stuff related to the pokemon themselves (new forms and such).
>>
>>32744356
>a few gens, the game will be so bloated will alt forms and transformations, it'll be an unplayable mess.
I've said this for a long time, but I don't think Megas are as bad of an issue as the shit like the incarnate/therian forms of the genies (should've just been therian from the start), Meloetta, Keldeo, Shaymin, etc. To me, at least, legendaries with form changes are worse than regular Pokemon.

Cosplay and Cap Pikachu is just as bad, but that's more them pandering the mascot.

At this point, I think Gamefreak uses forms to artificially inflate numbers without making new Pokemon with dex numbers. It's a selling point, while avoiding hitting #1000.
>>
>>32744445
Also really glad that they pumped the breaks on new evolution items this gen. Even with infinite bag space carrying everything around with you is a nuisance, but I can't toss it because somewhere down the road I might need to unexpectedly evolve another snorunt or whatever.
>>
>>32744042
When they first announced them, I thought it was overkill. But after using them, I fell in love. Now that they want to shove them under the couch and pretend they don't exist, I like Game Freak less.
>>
>>32744261
G-Gen 4 r-remakes confirmed!!
>>
>>32744356
Completely right.
>>
I like them and wish more Pokemon got them.
>>
File: 1437330802994.gif (1MB, 500x281px)
1437330802994.gif
1MB, 500x281px
I would say yes if it weren't for the ORAS Megas
>>
>Gamefreak is autistic about retcons so Megas will never ever get removed
:'(
>>
>>32744739
Can't wait for Lopunnite to be released. She will remove stallfags, frogfags and half the UBfags.
>>
>>32744261
>giratina behind the post

not buying it
>>
File: detestable cunt.png (86KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
detestable cunt.png
86KB, 400x400px
>>32744739
sabeleye do not deserve senseless bullying

pls cease and desist
>>
I never understood the complaints about certain mega pokemon being too good, this is pokemon it's always had weak pokemon and strong pokemon it hasn't changed in years Raticate is still a weak pokemon and Gengar is still strong.

Megas did nothing but move a few pokemon in the strong category.
>>
>>32745144

>gengar is strong

?
>>
>>32744356
Retardation: the post
>>
>>32745160
>he fell for the "Gengar is bad now" meme
Gengar is OU again.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.