[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Take the atractive idea of bringing old characters back for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

>Take the atractive idea of bringing old characters back for the sake of annivesary and seeing them in 3D
>Ruin it by having only very few (including super random ones) and you cant even battle them freely (excluding Red or Blue welcoming battle), instead they're part of a facility where you have to face many random npcs and hope that you'll meet the character you'd want to battle

Will Ultra Sun/Moon fix this? Im not expecting PWT number of characters (then again making models for old characters now would be beneficial for them with future games in mind) but evenn 1-2 more from each gen would be cool. And make them just spend some time at the resort or something. Being part of the Battle Tree makes it super annoying
>>
>>32743267
It's beyond me why you couldn't find Red hanging out near the League as a guy who loves his icy mountains and have a daily battle with him with his levels exactly the same as HGSS, maybe randomise which starter mega he uses each day.
>>
>>32743327
I know right?

Or just make a facility when you meet powerful trainers just for the sake of battling them.
Sinnoh did it with the Battleground club
HGSS did with a dojo
XY did it battle chateau. Trainers didnt have full teams but the idea in general is very good
>>
>>32743267
I imagine Poni Island won't be a desolate shitland in USM. I imagine the former Battle Tree area will be expanded and hold more features. Both Crystal, Emerald and Platinum did this, so it only makes sense that Ultra SM would as well. Gamefreak knows that nobody wants third versions if there's nothing new after the story. Afterall, when the story and one-time missions are done, the features that are left becomes the only things defining the game. They wouldn't want SM and USM to be identical at that point.
>>
File: IMG_0828.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0828.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>32743267
Even if it's not in USUM, I think it's obvious now that they want to bring back all the old characters into 3D. The ones we got for SM may seem like an odd bunch, but when you look at it closer, it makes sense. There's representatives for every kind of important character in the franchise: We have the protagonist, rival, gym leader, trial captain, elite four member, champion, frontier brain, evil team admin, evil team boss, bad guy who turned good, and two for the "extra side characters". I don't believe this is a coincidence.

My thought is that they will slowly build up a roster of old returning characters from now on, until they have enough to make a new PWT or similar.

The only character type to not be in the Battle Tree is Kahuna.
>>
>>32743772
Makes sense. Testing the waters with popular characters like Cynthia, Wally and Colress is also a safe idea, as you can't go really wrong.
>>
>>32743772
gym leader?
>>
>>32743826
Blue is the 8th Gym Leader in GSC/HGSS.
>>
>>32743831
8th Kanto Gym Leader*
>>
>>32743267
>wahh I hate everything
You should be thankful they turned the usual generic Battle Tower into something more interesting. Not being able to face them freely is probably intentional to make it a bigger reward when you face them after a streak.

Also, why does everyone assume SM is an "anniversary game"? I don't recall them every saying that certain content in the games were specifically made for the anniversary
>>
>>32743837
>Games comes out on the 20th anniversary year
>Just so happens to have the original protagonist and rival return to be the final bosses of the games
>As well as having 6 new event-exclusive Pikachu anime forms given out for the 20th anniversary movie
What a coincidence.
>>
>>32743806
Some even have potential to be more than just "testing the waters", such as Colress with the new Necrozma fusions. They already gave purpose to Anabel, Dexio and Sina, so I'm kinda expecting more characters to be given the same treatment in USM.
>>
>>32743327
This, they need to bring back weekly events, it made the world feel alive. And I don't care if you can cheat by changing your 3DS's time, it's not an excuse. Red near the league say every Friday would have been great.
>>
>>32743869
I agree, but I was more talking about you can better start with the popular characters if you want to bring everyone back over time. The hate towards Battle Tree would be bigger if, say, Archer, Diantha and Barry were brought back now.
Also, you forgot Grimsley, who, as small as a role he had, also had purpoe.
>>
>>32743892
Ah yeah, I get it. I had actually completely forgotten that Archer existed. I agree with you.

I left Grimsly out on purpose because his role was so small and insignifficant as it was. His role was literally that of just a random NPC.
>>
>>32743911
>I left Grimsly out on purpose because his role was so small and insignifficant as it was. His role was literally that of just a random NPC.
Can't say I disagree with you.
>>
>>32743935
His dialougue also seemed extremely out of place in SM. He describes the area as sad anf pathetic, despite it being a sunny beach full of tourists, and he talks to the player as if we came there to meet him specifically, despite that not being true at all. I think they wanted to use him for something, but scrapped it due to time limitationd (like the Golf Course).
>>
>>32743865
XY had even more Kanto pandering and it had no anniversary tied to it, it's just a trend they've decided to go with recently
>>
>>32743267
>bring back old characters
>have some appear during the story
>pick the wrong ones

Fucking hell
>>
>>32743958
>XY
>More pandering than SM
They both had tons, but there's no way XY had more. SM literally throws Kanto in your face in every single fucking city you get to. "Oh Alolans are all settlers from Kanto", "I went to Kanto and beat the Pokémon League there", "All [insert Alolan variant here] came from Kanto with the settlers", "This city is based on Kanto", "This city is based on Kanto too", "This is Nugget Bridge 2.0", etc. etc. Not to mention the fact that there are more Kanto Pokémon in Alola than there are Alola Pokémon in Alola. Plus the return of Red and Blue. Sun and Moon literally felt like "Red and Blue: The Reprise".
>>
>>32743267
>bother redesigning Red and Green
>spoil their cameo months before release
>when the game is released there's absolutely nothing more from them
>no surprise factor
>no interaction with the world in any meaningful game
What was the point even? All you can say about this is that they're there, and that's it.
>>
>>32743327
>Red can be fought each Saturday
>Blue can be fought each Sunday
>the Mega they use is randomized every time
That would've been great. It would also help with leveling your Pokémon to 100 for the Gold Bottle Caps if you don't have a 5 star Rare Kitchen.
>>
>>32743837
>You should be thankful they turned the usual generic Battle Tower into something more interesting.

Battle Tree is the WORST battle tower clone yet.
>>
>>32744008
XY's big thing was megas which was heavily Kanto biased, you had the Snorlax blocking a path, a gift Lapras, gifted Kanto starters, Kanto birds and Mewtwo being the only legendaries. There's no way SM was more Kanto inspired, if anything they're even
>>
>>32744057
XY npcs dont talk about Kanto on every corner of the game, SM npcs do that all the time despite SM having tons of other Kanto throwbacks
>>
>>32744056
How so? It's literally the same as every tower except it has cameo appearances from special trainers and actually gets really challenging later on with things like megas and other proper competitive sets.
>>
>>32743958
XY didn't have Nugget Bridge carried over with exactly the same teams even though you couldn't catch most of those pokémon in the local region.
And they didn't promote the 20th anniversary with every video.
>>
>>32744057
Literally Viridian Forest.
>>
>>32744073
>It's literally the same as every tower
Except they got rid of two formats and few random cameos make it look even more poor and sad in comparison to PWT
>>
>>32743869
Colress was so fucking random, coming out of nowhere, giving you something just because and disappearing to never be seen again out of the Battle Tree.
>>
>>32744094
PWT isn't a tower clone dumbass

You're right about removing the formats, but they were only in gen 5 and 6, so that can't make the tree worse than the gen 2-4 towers
>>
File: 796.jpg (27KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
796.jpg
27KB, 625x626px
>>32743837
>>32744056
>>32744073
>>32744094
>>32744104
>>
>>32744094
They also kept that bullshit "normal mode - super mode" that they introduced in BW.

>>32744057
>XY's big thing was megas which was heavily Kanto biased
I kinda agree with most of the rest, but if you're gonna mention this, take a look at what Sm has done with Alolan forms.
>>
>>32744104
>I-its only worse than gen 5 and 6, its not worse than gen 2-4

If its going backwards then its getting worse simple as that. Also
>PWT isnt a battle tower clone
Its a battle facility. Its something that done the job better, a lot better than this pure excuse "here have this inferior tower, we will include few old characters. Enjoy your annivesary haha lol!"
>>
>>32744098
Which is why they should give him new purpose.
>>
>>32744133
Try looking at the context of the conversation, the post I replied to specifically said it's the "worst battle tower" clone, nothing to do with SM removing triples/rotations and non-tower facilities
>>
>>32743267
>seeing them in 3D
>attractive idea
I'll stick to the fanart.
>>
>>32743873
This. I want to rebattle the fucking captains.
>>
>>32744051
The Festival Plaza is shit, but honestly, read some guides about how to level it up (it takes a few hours, but it's honestly not THAT hard). The key is the offline trick and just talking to those with a red speech bubble. Google it.

Once you have enough FC, it's piss easy to find people that have a 5-Star Rare Kitchen just randomly in your plaza or by doing a few Wonder Trades. Then, once you get some 5-Star Fortune Tellers, you can literally make thousands of FC in half an hour.

Sure, it's an investment, but if you're willing to spend hours upon hours leveling to 100 with nothing better than the E4 and ONE Lucky Egg, you might as well spend a few hours to give yourself a way to level one Pokemon from 66 to 98 once a day. Not to mention unlimited bottlecaps.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.