[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You ever think you need a break from Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: giphy.gif (485KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
485KB, 499x374px
I was in 1996 21 years. I'm been playing Pokemon since gold and sliver. Watching the anime, movies and collecting cards.

17 years of this. Pokemon been with me. Through everything. Only thing I could count in. But lately it's feeling like the series is stale.

Maybe I overdosed on Pokemon.

Has anyone else felt this way. Do you think a 2-3 year break would help?
>>
>>32741231
No. Fucking casual.
>>
>>32741231
Its an RPG, taking a break is always important
>>
As good as something may look like for you, NOTHING is good in overdose. Not even water. Take a break dude.
>>
>>32741257
>>32741270
Fake fans, casual shitters.
>>
Platinum was a thorough dissapointment that did nothing to improve on DP for me personally at the time and failed to deliver on any of the expectations I built from pre-release info, if it weren't for HGSS being out the next year I probably would've dropped the series.

Not even the utter mediocrity of XY and ORAS or the shit of SM made me want to just give up like Platinum did, at least all those I have strong feelings on how they could be better. USUM though could bring that feeling back after playing it.
>>
>>32741306
You have shit tastes. And not just because you didn't even mention the best generation of the series.
>>
>>32741288
Dude I bought 1000s dollars worth of Pokemon cards

But I don't force myself to finish games that I dislike.

A break sometimes. Makes you grateful and appreciates the series more. Being away from it
>>
>>32741231
I took a break of pokemon when I got 100 hours of it in in one month. I thought, "Boy, this stuff can be repetitive sometimes and even though I love it I might want to try something else." I take a break thinking that I probably wouldn't get back into it but then I end up on /vp/ 4 months later or so and say "pokemon sounds really fun right now."

Take things in moderation my dude
>>
>>32741327
Did you play other video games during the break?
>>
>>32741313
Gen IV in general is the absolute blandest the series has been. I wouldn't call any of the games bad, but playing them is just going through the motions for me. At least Gen VI and VII I can get passionate thinking and ranting about how much better they could've been. Gen IV is just solid in the most boring and safe way possible, HGSS got me at the time with how much of a whore I was for Gen II nostalgia but these days it plays in the same ballpark.

Not sure which game you mean to imply is the best but consider that since I didn't mention it in that post full of games I had beefs with that I likely have positive impressions on it.
>>
>>32741231
I thought I was done with Pokemon during gen 5. And it's not for the reasons you might be thinking at the moment. But one day I was in target and saw white version and said to myself "fuck it". Then when X and Y were coming out I said "fuck it" and bought a 3ds. I'm pretty much gonna stick with Pokemon until I die. Only time will tell if I say "fuck it" to the switch.
>>
>>32741231
It's just that recent games have been a letdown. Think about it, when was the last time a game even met expectations?

>ORAS had the no frontier drama
>SM's endgame has you stuck with slow mechanics and the plaza

What we need, is just a good fucking mainline game. We could've got that, with Ultra Sun Moon on Switch instead of 3DS where it will undoubtedly run at 10fps again and still have the plaza.
>>
>>32741397
Gen V was an amazing and refreshing turn for the series and you don't even mention it.
>>
>>32741231
i can relate. after playing Black i completely lost interest, despite Pokemon basically being my life from Gen 1 until then. didn't come back until XY were almost out, and it felt refreshing catching up on things. BW2 were amazing after being away from the series for a while, but after SM i'm kinda at the point where i think i need another break
>>
>>32741454
BW1 was alright, and I get why some people adore it. BW2 was great, most likely my number one favorite. I had no reason to want to take a break from the series or drop it because of those games, though, and neither were specifically the one thing that got me to stick around, so I didn't mention them.

Really hoping USUM is more a BW2 style rehash than a Platinum style rehash. But time will tell.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.