[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Red Saving problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: th.jpg (6KB, 284x189px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
6KB, 284x189px
Today me and my cousin went to a flea market (This isn't a shitty creepypasta) and there she brought Pokemon Red and a GBC
Pokemon Red and tetris both work fine on it, but tetris' internal battery is dead
However, whenever the Pokemon Red cartridge is placed into the GB, it takes several tries and continuous blowing into the cartridge for it to fianlly work.
When working it plays fine, and still saves and the continue button shows up even after turning it off, so I know its not an internal battery problem.
But whenever the cartridge is taken out for the tetris, the whole blowing into it over and over again happens again but this time, the save is gone.
Is internal battery actually kill? Because if it was then it wouldn't show the "continue" button in the first place right?
Does anyone know how to fix? I'll provide pictures of the gbc and Red.
Image isn't hers btw
>>
File: 14971451624081300904311.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
14971451624081300904311.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Game
>>
>>32740533
Don't fucking blow in the God damn cart you dumb fuck! You're adding to the mildew buildup! Get fucking cleaner and q-tips and scrub those metal contacts. Get a credit 2025 battery and a five dollar soldering kit and attach it the same way the old one was on.
>>
>>32740654
Cr 2025 watch battery.
>>
>>32740533
Sounds like the cartridge itself might be damaged, but yeah cleaning the metal contacts like >>32740654 said is your best bet. If it starts working better but your save keeps getting fucked, then you'll know the battery is dead as well.

Luckily it isn't too hard to replace the internal battery, just follow a YT tutorial if you're afraid of fucking something up.
>>
>>32740533
Tetris doesn't have an internal battery you underage faggot.
>>
>>32740533
That's definitely the internal battery. For the Pokémon games, the save will remain for about 15 minutes or until the cart is removed from the system if the battery is dead. I've had it happen before with Silver Version, just change the battery and you're good to go.
>>
>>32740744
Right, but i had the gameboy off for about an hour and even then the save was still there, it's really just the cartridge itself,>>32740654
is right, I just need to clean the contacts and make sure it's not treated like shit.
>>
>>32740782
This has happened to me, if the battery has a loose connection then it will only stay connected while being squeezed together inside the gameboy or if you hold it firmly where the battery is when taking it out.
Ultimately if this is the case you must open it up and secure or replace the battery and might as well replace it so you know its good for 10 years
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.