[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These games had a ridiculous amount of effort put into them.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (252KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
252KB, 1920x1080px
These games had a ridiculous amount of effort put into them.
>>
>>32740397
Too much for their own good
>>
>>32740397
All Pokémon games had a ridiculous amount of effort put into them. These ones aren't special.
>>
Odd how Black and White 2 was rated worse on metacritc
>>
>>32740409
No, they went above and beyond with this one.
>>
>>32740415
third versions/follow-ups usually do worse in reviews because they're seen as rehashes
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (153KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
153KB, 900x506px
I think you mean this one
>>
>>32740433
Or Nintendo doesn't give a enough shit to pay the reviewers
>>
File: IMG_3086.jpg (40KB, 591x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3086.jpg
40KB, 591x352px
>>32740415
>metacritic
>>
>>32740465
>Nintendo paying reviewers
Nice meme. If they actually paid them, ARMS wouldn't have such a low rating.
>>
>>32740474
They tried. Sun and moon getting 87 metacritic it's not possible without paying
>>
Black and White were made for poor fuckers like me who had been playing from the start and never stopped. The protagonists were the oldest to date, the Pokedex was all fresh, the new Pokemon followed the same trends as Gen 1 with the three stage rock and muscular dude that evolve by trading and other parallels, and N's motives legitimately took a morally ambiguous issue of the Pokemon world and made the player stop and think for a second.

Gen 5 was a love letter. It's the only gen that was made for an older audience. BW2 expanded on BW with a shit ton of content and attention to detail. They were truly the last hurrah before they gave up on that universe and branched off into Gen 6.
>>
If USUM is anything like B2W2 I would actually pay money again for a pokemon game rather then installing the .cia again.
>>
>>32740686
>and made the player stop and think for a second
No it didn't. If you've really been playing the games since their inception then you'd immediately realize Plasma and N are full of shit. It might make more sense in-universe but outside of it, after having been told for fucking years that muh friendship is the way to go with Pokemon, it's bullshit.
>>
>>32740397
>These games had a ridiculous amount of effort put into them
explain
>>
>>32740397
I assume you're not counting the story.
>>
>>32741180

Not the OP, but because they didn't have to create a region from the ground up and just recycle 3/4 of the map, they had time to add a lot of content that's beloved and yearned for 2 gens later.
>>
>>32741187

>Story
>In a Pokémon game

I gave up hope long ago
>>
I hope they put the same amount of effort on Ultra etc.
>>
>>32741187
Pokemon ALWAYS has shit stories. Play real RPG's like Planscape: Torment if you want a good story.
>>
>>32740465
>nintendo pay reviews
>too much water amirite
come on anon
>>
>challenge roxie's gym
>battler her drummer
>the drums in the gym music stop
>same happens when you battle the guitarist

the music on routes changing depending on what speed you're moving, the whole seasons stuff too
>>
File: 3e4.jpg (103KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
3e4.jpg
103KB, 480x480px
>>32740415
>Metacritic is valid
Enjoy your non-objective opinions influenced with money, retard.
>>
>>32743482
D O G A R S DOGARS
P O K E M ON POKEMON
>>
>>32741187
I play Pokemon for autistic self inserting, I don't care about retards wanting to flood the planet, N's coming of age story or Lillie's Mammy issues
>>
>>32740443
Both
>>
>>32743555
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acm2xl417wk
>>
>>32743629
Are the people in there the only main-game characters with an sort of canon voice?
>>
File: 54y6ertgw.jpg (69KB, 850x756px) Image search: [Google]
54y6ertgw.jpg
69KB, 850x756px
>>32740397
I like how you didn't say they were good games, just some neutral and objective truth about them (just look at the content and all the details in both the main and the post game), but there are still people in this thread who cannot accept you may have said something positive about gen5, even if it's undeniable.
>>
>>32743641
I aways imagined that the chanting on Ghetsis theme were the other 6 sages, but that doesn't make much sense in BW2.

Oh, and there's Elesa too.
>>
Which should I get?
>>
>>32743482
There are also little sun flares in the corner when you exit buildings during the day and at dusk the light turns that sunset orange before night.

And moving trainer sprites and moving pokemon sprites and a great distribution of pokemon and lots of little nooks and crannies to explore which is my favourite part of any game.

And new towns and dungeons.
>>
>>32746476
Oh and themed gym music and good postgame.
>>
>>32740474
Funny, because across the board Arms still got average and slightly above average scores.

Not like it matters though, the game is still very lacking right now, but hopefully future content updates fix that.
>>
>>32741165
I would meet you half way and say that Plasma, especially Neo Plasma was half baked, just like most of the gangs you face in the series, but N, as a character, had something going for him that most do not, and that was the fact that he fell into the organization due to his birth right, yet only saw the good of the cult purpose and lived by it for he truly believed it was the right thing to do.

Team Rocket had Giovanni, who was just a straight up mob boss who, in the end, after feeling the shame of being beaten time and again by a mere 10 year old, not only gave up his gym, but left his entire gang up in arms.

Silver started out as a edgy good for nothing, but later on, especially in the post game and special event scenes, he seemed for fleshed out, and after finding out that he was indeed the only son of Giovanni, and was there when Giovanni left the team, as well as his own family, Silver seemed like a decent prototype for both a rival, as well as a character that could show another side of a criminal organization.

N seemed like a love letter to those who wanted more out of that Team Rocket / Silver dynamic, and though N's story was no fleshed out until the end of Black and White 2, I still argue that he is one of the best rivals of the series and actually made the criminal organization of the game stand out when compared to others.

Also, the whole "Pokemon are my friends!" idea falls flat for those who actually played Gen I, II, and IV, as Pokemon were used, abused, or even implied to have died in those games, if you ask certain NPCs, or pay attention to certain story details.

Every game is toned down, and the only real edge you will find of the series would be from the manga, but all in all, despite Team Plasma being a mixed bag, I will always stand by the fact that N is one of the best rivals to date and seemed to have stood for something, unlike the other rivals.
>>
>>32746634
I actually took the time to read that.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.