[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After the USM announcement I replayed s/m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 10

There not that bad of games desu
>>
Yes they are.
>>
Really? Because I replayed it and found it borderline unplayable because of all the cutscenes and dialogue I've already seen.
>>
>>32738245
They aren't terrible games, but their replayability is shit until they add a way to skip cutscenes.
>>
>>32738336
After the first hau battle. In festival it really becomes a big ass cut scene

But much better 3rd and 4th island

But I played to see where USM could improve on sun and moon mapping. There is ton of ways to add new areas
>>
File: 1497126205426.jpg (64KB, 322x333px) Image search: [Google]
1497126205426.jpg
64KB, 322x333px
>>32738245
>replay
how? I'm never replaying that bullshit again, way too many unskippable cutscenes for a shitty plot that's only considered good because the bar is so low. If anything SM got little crap initially because of how bitter gen 6 made the fanbase so they were willing to except ANYTHING as better. Just another example of the downward spiral Game Freak has gone through since the jump to 3D. I have a feeling Game Freak will probably double down instead of fixing mistakes for USM. It's been half a decade since they were actually competent.
>>
>>32738245
The USM announcement only severed to lower their value in all areas anon.
>>
>>32738450
Are u gonna buy USM?
>>
>>32738245
Stockholm strikes again. Every fucking time.
I swear something is clearly wrong with this board.
>>
>>32738245
the main story is good, it's only after you beat them that they become shit
>>
>>32738450
same. infact after reluctantly beating Pokemon Moon 3 days after buying it, I sold both it and my 3DS because i was never going to waste my time going through that again.
>>
>>32738450
>downward spiral Game Freak has gone through since the jump to 3D
it has existed since they moved beyond the original 151 pokemon
>>
>>32738560
>it has existed since they moved beyond the original 151 pokemon
Actually it's been kind of inconsistent until the 3DS era.
Hit a low with 2
Raised the bar with 3
Low again with 4
High with 5
Then straight lows for two gens.
>>
I'm gonna take a break from Pokemon. It's gotten so stale and cut scenes have made it worse.

I hope USM flops in sales. So game freak understands there is a problem
>>
>>32738578
everything after gen 1 was shit
>>
File: 1481048360396.jpg (33KB, 632x712px)
1481048360396.jpg
33KB, 632x712px
>>32738578
>Raised the bar with 3
>>
>>32738592
This, who the fuck thought Gen 3 should have the most maddening amount of BS in terms of Gotta Catch Em All?
>>
>>32738598
haha I dont know
>>
File: 1476756242121.jpg (38KB, 231x232px) Image search: [Google]
1476756242121.jpg
38KB, 231x232px
>>32738592
>thinking gen 2 was anything other than gutter trash
There's a reason why it crashed the fad.
>>
>>32738479
It's a big echo chamber, that's the problem. Some people on here legitimately do not seem aware that XY, ORAS and SM, all these games called shit on here did not generally have the same bad reception elsewhere.
Most everyone here is a bitter cynic through and through. Nothing is good enough.
>>
>>32738609
You sure know how to read. Where did I state that Gen 2 was good?
>>
>>32738475
probably pirate it, if I get banned who cares, 3ds is dying to begin with. Don't fall for the memes
>>
>>32738592
>redid the entire stat system
>new features out the ass and the return of the safari zone
>new story, region and world designs
>60fps in every area
>rematch system that wasn't annoying as shit
>new battle mode
>running shoes
What wasn't raised in gen 3?

>>32738628
Pretty clear that I'm not him but you're either a Johtoddler or a Sinnohfetus. Either way you're poison.
>>
>>32738626
Yes they have? Every site calls X and Y underwhelming dude. Hell, /vp/ is filled with tourists from other sites like Youtube, Reddit and Tumblr. The fanbase doesnt like the 3DS games as much as the earlier ones
>>
>>32738578
3 is in no way better than 2
>>
>>32738713
I bet you think Kanto made it good huh.
>>
>>32738721
Kanto could be removed entirely and I'd still love GSC and HGSS
>>
>>32738732
So what did make it "good" for you then?
>>
>>32738479
>anyone who doesn't share my opinion has stockholm syndrome
when will this meme end?
>>
>>32738591
Said nobody ever.
>>
>>32738701
>Yes they have? Every site calls X and Y underwhelming dude.
You're fucking stupid. Normies loved X and Y.

Take this as a guy who actually goes outside of /vp/. Normies have polar oppposite opinions to /vp/.

/vp/ loves gen 5. Normies hated it.
/vp/ hates XY/SM. Normies loved them.
/vp/ hates gen 3. Normies loved it.
/vp/ hates gen 1. Normies loved it.

Gen 4 is probably the only gen normies AND /vp/ both liked.
>>
File: eb5.png (532KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
eb5.png
532KB, 800x584px
>>32738245
>op says x game isn't that bad
>suddenly the thread devolves into genwars
>>
>>32738701
XY got pretty much universal praise by everyone except /v/ and /vp/.
>>
>>32738662
You are very salty, I guess. You can't even properly answer.
>>
>>32738578
>High with 5
K E K
>>
>>32738762
>Gen 4 is probably the only gen normies AND /vp/ both liked.
>normies
>liking gen 4
What.
They went ballistic about gen 4.
That's the time the digimon complaint came up, there was also a "not muh Frontier" issue with Plat and HGSS, then there's the evos and the layout of the region.

Basically things like a lack of cross gen evos and the linearity is a direct cause of people hating gen 4.
>>
>>32738741
You see, this is a trap because you obviously know why people would like those games, but you want a reply where you can counter every point with "no that was shit" and it will be a massive waste of time.

But I'll take the bait and say the region, low stakes non world ending story, immersion, challenge, and characters were all great.

>>32738762
>normies
Normies love every Pokemon game. The thing is, XY brought in fans who havent played in 15 years and just like how cool everything is compared to Gens 1 and 2. I also go outside /vp/ often. In fact, before I came here I saw nothing but people shitting on XY a year after it came out. When I say the fanbase hates it, I mean the core fanbase.

/vp/ doesnt hate Gens 3 or 1, they hate Hoennbabbies and Genwunners

>>32738772
when they came out. I'm talking about after the hype wore off.
>>
>>32738578
>hit a low with 2
anon...
>>
>>32738796
>When I say the fanbase hates it, I mean the core fanbase.
Only if you're a retard that considers /vp/ the "core fanbase" because, once again, this is the only place on the internet I've seen so much hate for XY and SM.
>>
>>32738796
It brought back fans because it was first game without sprites

Gen 8 on switch will have same effect with graphics and fps
>>
>>32738796
>this is a trap because you obviously know why people would like those games
Oh I know, but usually it's just the usual non answers like
>Oh it's comfy
or
>It has a nice atmosphere

Rarely does anyone go into anything about the features of the game or something with less opinionated.

>where you can counter every point with "no that was shit"
So what you're trying to say is that you can't handle it when someone deconstructs your favourite game and finds another one that did the mechanics far better.

Seems a bit pathetic to me.
>>
>>32738345
This
These game are cool for the first games of their generation, it add cool stuff, try some shit. But I can't get myself to replay the main story after at least a good year because there's too much story telling (Not that I'm against it) and no way to just speed your way through the dialogue and animations.
But overall I've enjoyed those game, and I'm really excited for Ultra Sun/Moon
>>
>>32738807
Just last week I saw a 7 page thread on Gamefaqs that talked about why they didnt like SM.

That popular girl Poketuber made a vid about her hopes for SM talking about how underwhelming Gen 6 was and everyone in the comments was agreeing.

I see people shitting on Gen 6 all the time on facebook.

I'm not sure how you are missing it all so consistently, but the hate for the 3DS games is everywhere.

Also not sure why on earth /vp/ wouldnt count as part of the core fanbase, just because they view these games negatively.

>>32738821
>he thinks responding to opinions with nothing more than "i disagree, that was bad" is a deconstruction
I knew it. But then again, it was obvious.
>>
File: 1494820607324.png (74KB, 213x233px)
1494820607324.png
74KB, 213x233px
>>32738762
>/vp/ hates gen 3. Normies loved it.
no they didn't. Gen 3 almost killed the series. Game Freak went into DP thinking it would be their last game. Sick of this revisionist history hoennbabbies are making with gen 3 being unanimously liked and gen 4 being hated. No one liked gen 3 when it came out except for the people who grew up with it. It was near impossible to catch every pokemon, there was zero compatibility, and the new Pokemon designs were seen as weird and stupid. When Platinum came out a significant amount of old fans came back to the series.
>>
>>32738245
I barely got through SM the first time, I imagine they'd be unbearable to replay with the unskippable cutscenes.
>>
>>32738870
>Gen 3 almost killed the series
That was gen 2 anon.
EVERYTHING dropped from the quality of the anime to the merchandise sales. Hell the latter went into filler hell several times over the course of the gen.
>>
>>32738870
This is true. If we're talking about /vp/ being contrarian, it's that they are trying to place the pokemon fad dying on Gen 2 rather than Gen 3
>>
>>32738870
>Highest selling GBA

<Pokemon got killed

Nice try
>>
>>32738858
>he thinks responding to opinions with nothing more than "i disagree, that was bad" is a deconstruction
Oh please, not everyone is a shitposter anon.
>>
>>32738898
game sales=\=the pokemon phenomenon
>>
File: echo chamber.png (44KB, 1280x589px)
echo chamber.png
44KB, 1280x589px
>>32738626
Why are you so upset at the fact that some people don't like the 3DS games?
>>
>>32738858
Gen 5 is more shitted on outside of here
>>
File: 1491901801246.jpg (45KB, 444x380px)
1491901801246.jpg
45KB, 444x380px
>>32738796
>/vp/ doesnt hate Gens 3 or 1, they hate Hoennbabbies and Genwunners
This. The games are fine, the fanbases are cancer. Hoenn confirmed was a shitty meme and I'm glad Game Freak disappointed those faggots. They don't deserve anything good and I hope the DP remakes are great just to spite them.
>>
>>32738919
It was shitted on here until people started acting like it was good. I don't understand why people are keeping this shitty joke going.
>>
>>32738870
Sure gen 3 is around the time the fad really truly died, but it had nothing to do with gen 3 as a game. Kid's fads die out, and pokemon was done being the big thing regardless of what they did with the game.
People don't seem to be able to differentiate between pokemon as a big mainstream vidya game series and the absolutely dominating massive social phenomenon it was during Pokemania. The video games really didn't have as much to do with it as some would think, loads of normies that fondly remember pokemon never touched them.
>>
>>32738870
>revisionist history
What revisionist history?
For starters no one says that everyone liked gen 3 at the most you'll get people saying that it's reception was meh at best. Just like every other fanbase anyone that's trying to say that the game was universally liked is either shitposting or falseflagging.
As for gen 4, yes it was hated for multiple reasons from the downgrades of bases, contests and the BF to the cluttered designs of the Pokemon.

It's hilarious how you're crying "revisionist history" when you have no clue what happened.
>>
>>32738933
>It was shitted on here until people started acting like it was good.
Anon, Black and White was the game that CREATED this board.
It was also during a time where no one gave a shit about Reddit and just co-operated with them and nips to build up join avenue with the magnemite trades.

The hate towards gen 5 is far more recent than anything else.
>>
>>32738933
The disappointment of gen 5 made gamefreak target kids more with the Pokemon designs in gen 6 and 7.

Reason why yo kai watch had a slight change of talking over Japan
>>
>>32738245
>not that bad
Agreed. They have comfy spots for fishing. I am looking forward to more comfy spots.
>>
File: 1497079029290.png (266KB, 665x574px)
1497079029290.png
266KB, 665x574px
>>32738966
are you implying that Game Freak wasn't already targeting kids for their video game series for children?
>>
>>32738966
>The disappointment of gen 5 made gamefreak target kids more with the Pokemon designs in gen 6 and 7.
It really is a shame. Gen 5 was the last gen that they truly put effort into and it became the gen that sold the least.
Of course it had the best selling third versions but that's probably more down to the fact that there were two versions over the usual one.
>>
>>32738987
Not him but of course they were still targeting kids but they didn't treat them like they were completely braindead animals.
>>
>>32738992
What effort?
GEN V was kanto unovian forms
>>
>>32738919
not anymore

>>32738933
this board was created from HGSS and BW hype
>>
>>32739087
HGSS was already out by the time this board was made.
>>
>>32739091
Yes, between HGSS and BW, this board was made, so hot off HGSS and when BW was getting revealed and the franchise was still exciting
>>
>>32739487
The franchise was exciting because they remake gold and sliver?
>>
>>32739487
HGSS was released a year before the board was made anon.
>>32739510
In all honesty, not really. There was more commotion on /v/ about Pokemon sunday reveals and corocoro about BW with several threads at once.
>>
Zero replayability without sitting through roughly 3 hours of cutscenes, a long tutorial lasting 2 islands and generally being cucked.

Games are shit, why can't people accept it?
>>
>>32739534
The days before Twitter and YouTubers. Infomation comes much faster now.

Serebii chat and serebii dramatically declined also.

Pokemon still popular just technology has given us different ways to get information
>>
>>32739559
I had fun playing it. Twice.
>>
>>32739534
I'm not saying the board was made specifically because of HGSS, but coming between those two games must have been one of the best times it could have been made
>>
>>32739597
>but coming between those two games must have been one of the best times it could have been made
Well that much is true to an extent.
>>
>>32738245
>There not that bad
Grinding is a hell, at least in XY the Battle Chateau always adds a new trainer every 3 minutes, making it a good way to grind, in SM there are not very reliable ways of grinding:

- Battle Buffet: You have 10 turns before you are taken outside, after that you have to wait a day to enter again, and most trainers use Pokémon that give low experience (Vikavolt, Delibird, Carbink, Ribombee, etc.)
- That guy in Game Freak office: He can only be battled once a day.
- Festival Plaza: There is a restaurant in Festival Plaza that has foods that increases levels, the catch? Like many stands it is completely random chosen from Sophocles or visitants and is exclusive of Sun.
- Poké Pelago: I'm not sure if the island that increases EVs also increases levels because I never use it.
- Global Missions: This is the least reliable way to grind because you need to have at least 40 points in the mission to receive Rare Candies from Global Link and the missions last half a month and you have to wait for more days to receive the codes.
>>
>>32739079
And Gen VI and Gen VII were Kanto.
>>
Of course they're not bad games. There's a difference between "thing I don't like" and "thing is bad". Sadly, people intertwine the both of them.
>>
>>32739676
>Of course they're not bad games.
They're pretty bad. You can tell there was a lack of forethought when it came to making the game especially since they removed the Powers yet brought back the Gen 5 exp scaling.
After all the Exp Power was there just to alliviate that grind for players.

Not to mention it was the first game to actually remove battle modes solely because of the additional trainer models.

The game is riddled with things like this. You need to differentiate bad design from what you personally like anon.
>>
>>32739676
I like the games but think they are bad.

They were okay, the region had personality, a few good characters, but most of the things mechanically, story wise or overworld wise were subpar
>>
>people who don't even play the games or like this series come to /vp/ to shitpost and spam anti-S/M shit constantly just because it's a meme
and they say reddit hasn't infested this board. Reminder that if you are under 18, do not play these games, or pirate these games your opinion doesn't matter.
>>
File: I ACTIVATE MY TRAP CARD.jpg (75KB, 547x605px) Image search: [Google]
I ACTIVATE MY TRAP CARD.jpg
75KB, 547x605px
>>32739725
>but think they are bad.
>They were okay
>>
>>32739725
>I like
>but think they were bad
>they were okay
>good
>subpar
You do not know what the fuck you're talking about. Don't use words if you don' know what they mean. Go back to r/pokemon. Stay in school. /vp/reddit is such trash.
>>
>>32738591
Everything including gen 1 is shit.
>>
>>32739765
not even trying. Quoting "good" (which was only talking about the characters) and comparing it to subpar (which was talking about the region and mechanics) to argue against bad (talking about the game as a whole) then telling me to learn english?

Very poor attempt, but I replied anyways
>>
>>32739743
>they dont like the series because they dont like SM
>>
>>32739819
Even with your autismal cherry picking
>They were bad
>They were okay
Stay in school, redditor. You don't know what you're talking about, and you should not use words you do not know the meaning of.
>>
>>32739830
No. They don't like the series because they don't like the series. Though, you may aswell drop the series altogether if you don't like Sun and Moon because their style will be the series' staple. If all you're gonna do from gen 8 and onward is talk about how badly you hate it, take your shit elsewhere.
>>
>>32740142
Of course people are going to talk about how they hate it more than they like it simply because there was an era that far outstrips this one in quality both regarding design and mechanics.
>>
Playing the game with EXP share off made the game one of the most difficult games to date, I loved the first playthrough.

I will admit that the replay value is dreadfully low and post-game sucks ass, though
>>
>>32738245
Still on my first play through
Got the game at midnight release
How do people keep playing
>>
>>32740125
>you completely misrepresented my post
>it's autism for saying so
it's funny to see someone act boastful for actually being unable to understand something
>>
>>32740951
I got it midnight release too. I stopped at Lana trail for 4 months. Than forced myself to play it.

The 3rd and 4th island. Aether paradise elite 4 saved the game from being a total train wreck
>>
>>32740142
this makes no sense. people who are anti-SM are only saying they dont like SM. Even you admit SM's style is different enough for the series direction becoming that would imply that it's different from before

Plenty of people seem to be thinking of dropping the series altogether because of the 3DS games, and are free to say so. And if someone likes all the old games, they have every right to stay here too even if they dislike the new ones. I'd say the series you grew up with for 20 years going in a direction you hate would be cause to complain
>>
>>32741007
Honestly it's 20 years series and 4 years of 3ds. If those are games you dislike. No reason to quit talking about series only because of 4 years.

If they want to drop series completely understandable but Pokemon has too much history besides 3ds games. That can be talked about
>>
>>32741042
No, I agree. I think I may drop the series soon too, but I'll totally still play and talk about the ones I love at that point
>>
>>32739676
They're pretty bad video games, anon. A story being more than half-assed filler doesn't really carry the entire shitheap on its back.
>>
>>32738245
Yes they are.
>>
Honestly some people probably just needs a brake. I was burned with kingdom hearts for a long time. Dropped it for years and picked it up out of nowhere a few years back. And I am so in love with it again.
>>
>>32741105
Prove that they are not bad games without using the excuse of "I don't like thing" (which calling the story half-assed filler consititutes)
>>
>>32740982
Vast Poni Canyon was my favorite part of SM, mostly because they decided to actually let you play the game for a lengthy stretch, even if the whole island was a rushed product due to half of it being gated until postgame.
>>
>>32741607
This. I would get burnt out too if I spent all my waken days following/playing anything Pokemon.
>>
>>32738345
I've replayed both of them 3 times already. The replayabillity is fine you just have no patience.
>>
>>32741649
no one cares about your opinion.
>>
>>32741618
>prove that they are not bad games
But I don't want to prove that they're not bad games because I believe they are bad games.
>which calling the story half-assed filler consititutes
But I didn't call the story half-assed. I called it more than half-assed because I think every other story in the series in half-assed.
>>
>>32741649
I play visual novels for fun and I still find Sun and Moon to be unreplayable.
>>
>>32741618
not him but the game is designed around the story to a fault. The gameplay and overworld are hyper streamlined to make the stopry work, making everything except the story fall short. If you dislike the story, the game is nothing
>>
>>32741649
I legitimately cant fathom what one can get out of SM to play the game 8 times in one year
>>
>>32741649
I have no patience because I know how the story plays out you fucking moron. Pokemon stories are not super in-depth and aren't interesting enough to draw me in after a single goddamn playthrough. Afterwards it's just drivel I want to get through so I can catch my Pokemon, explore, and battle others.
>>
>>32741696
I like going through using different pokemon and doing challenge runs. Kinda hard to do that withouy replaying it
>>
>>32738626
Why do you let other people's opinions effect you? If you like the games then who cares what other people think about it.
>>
>>32738245
can i get a pros and cons list gonna buy one of these with the new 3ds on the 15th
>>
>>32738482
>the main story is good
No amount of drugs could ever make that story decent.
>>
>>32741873
Anon it's a namefag whose name is fucking "Lily"
Don't argue with waifufags
>>
>>32738626
yeah, most people on this board are so detached from reality that what they see as the majority opinion on here is perceived by them to be the general opinion everywhere else, denying the fact that SM, XY and ORAS were really well received outside of this tiny forum made them more cynical and more delusional.
>>
also what everyone on here complains about "replayability" is irrelevant to the core audience. People usually play a game once and once they are done with it move on to the next game. Online content prolongs that period, but I feel the guys on vp or people with no lives are the only ones who start the same game over and over.
>>
>>32742806
I fit both of those catagories. What do I win?
>>
>>32738336
>ADHD kiddie
Cutscenes and dialogue are bad at the start, but after that they're minor annoyances at worst
>>
>>32738245
Yes they are, faggot.
>>
>>32738450
on my third run now. Of both versions.
>>
>>32742881
As someone who enjoyed most, if not all of the cutscenes and dialogue: no, they're fucking trash. The pacing of the game is horrendously bad, you can get caught up in hour-long events with cutscenes and battles whilst playing through the story (sometimes even just by walking into an area), and it's all just a half-assed mess.

And that's not even mentioning the plot holes, unfinished storylines, etc.
>>
these games were lazy and looked bad and the cut scenes are inexcusable, and the tiny lame new pokemon pool and gen 1 pandering forms. sun and moon are the worst games, with gen 6 behind them.
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.