[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BACK IN OU BABY!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Gengar.full.2026680.jpg (239KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gengar.full.2026680.jpg
239KB, 500x500px
BACK IN OU BABY!
>>
>>32734487
And back to UU when the Tapus of Cancer meta are banned.
>>
I never really appreciated that Gengar had Levitate.

Now I fucking appreciate it that Gengar had that ability.
I want Levitate Gengar back.
>>
>>32734497
LITERALLY SHOWN LEVITATING IN THE GAMES
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32734512
Why did they take away levitate it doesn't make sense
>>
>>32734519
2 theories, even though sky battles are gone, GF are autistic about mons having to be hovering to be levitating but then why no remove Hawlucha's or a lot of the early bird mons's flying type?
2nd and most likely is because Mega Gengar is broken, so GF nerfed normal Gengar instead of nerfing Shadow tag
>>
>>32734519
Dusclops and Dusknoir don't have Levitate ergo it made no sense for Gengar to have Levitate.

Even though a Gengar was shown to have Levitate ability in the anime...
>>
>>32734561
So are they gonna take away levitate for all other mons too, like flygon
>>
>>32734561
Gengar was fucking shown levitating in Sun and Moon though
>>
>>32734572
I'm fine with GF getting rid of levitate but they Should do it for all the mons
>>
>>32734572

After what they've done to Gengar, I wouldn't be surprised. But unlike Gengar, Flygon has wings so I doubt it will lose Levitate.

>>32734597
Not in batlte.
>>
>>32734664
You don't see Toxapex tearing Corsolas to shreads but they go on about that a lot so it happens
>>
>>32734664
Not to be autistic but if flygon has wings why does it need to float
>>
>>32734519
I think it was due to the Tapus being Fairy and didn't want Gengar tearing through VGC.
>>
>>32734519
since the mega isn't banned from BattleSpot they wanted to nerf it by making them evenly weak to EQ
>>
>>32735173
Why not simply removing Shadow Tag from Mega Gengar or change the mechanics of the ability? Seems a really weak attempt to nerf Mega Gengar if that was their goal.
>>
>>32735235
>Why not simply removing Shadow Tag from Mega Gengar or change the mechanics of the ability?

Because they wanted to slightly nerf Mega Gengar, not completely destroy it.
Taking levitate from regular Gengar is actually a great way to slightly nerf Mega Gengar. Since it has to mega evolve at one point you need an opportunity to switch the fragile Gengar in and taking levitate from it prevents it from switching in on the common earthquake.
This obviously hurts normal Gengar a lot more, but they probably didn't care.
>>
>>32734487
t. TheKingNappy
>>
>>32735713
>Gengar and Talonflame get neutered
>Mega Mom doesn't get nerfed enough
>>
>>32736853
They did nerf the damage from the second hit of parental bond.
But seismic toss and power up punch ensure that thing will stay Ubers.
>>
>>32735713
Funnily enough the mega speed change was a retardedly huge buff anyway. Mega Gengar is now the third best pokemon in Ubers.
>>
>>32735713
>gutting Talonflame is ok
>gutting Mega Gengar isn't
It's not like Mega Gengar with something like Infiltrator would be a shitmon, even.
>>
>>32734664
Gengar still floats a bit and laughs in his idle animation.
>>
>>32737356
it floats but not enough to evade ground attacks, similar to magnemite line. thats my headcanon at least
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.