[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To those who say >Emerald/Platinum/BW2 were loved and praised

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1496761940035.jpg (384KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1496761940035.jpg
384KB, 2000x1000px
To those who say
>Emerald/Platinum/BW2 were loved and praised so why you complain about Ultra Sun/Moon when its the same
let me list some reasons as to why i think people arent super excited about these new games. Personally im more curious what GF will show because we havent seen an upgraded version since BW2 but i can see what the issue is.

>First of all GF has changed after the DS era and they no longer make long games with big amount of stuff to do post credits. They even openly said they dont want to make long games with too much content because people this days wouldnt enjoy it. They also stated they DONT listen to fan feedback. Its clear now they focus more on gimmicks rather than extending gameplay
>There is only one year between SM and Ultra SM. In the past there were usual 2 years between main games and upgrades (RS 2002-E 2004, DP 2006-Pt 2008. BW 2010-BW2 2012) which gave GF time to work on the improvements and extra content. SM graphic style is a lot more difficult to create hence why so many buildings and areas in Alola are just closed off. Expecting anything more than redecorates, new z moves and cutscenes in unrealistic.
>Alola is very small. probably second smallest region out there (after Johto) and there's really not much space to add stuff. Maybe they could do something with Poni but the wilderness of Poni was the whole point of that island so...

All in all as of right now it doesnt looks like there's a big chance that these games will be on the same level as other upgraded versions (maybe Yellow or Crystal because those barely had anything more in them). We sure can hope for new forms, exclusive Z-moves, maybe tweaked trials, some story changes, redecorated places and maybe walking pokemon animation since they had those for SM (but thats once again more of a gimmick rather than much new gameplay content). But thats probably all
>>
We'll see. I think people are being a bit too presumptuous either way since all we know about USM is a 20 second trailer and less than paragraph worth of PR.

If GF manages to screw it up, I'd be pretty mad because the base region is already finished and it would be bullshit to still be stingy about content.
>>
My biggest issue with them is that they're split into two games instead of just one. If they were sequels that would be fine, but it seems really greedy especially after how disappointing Sun and Moon were.

>there's really not much space to add stuff

They don't need to add new locations to make Alola feel bigger. There are so many inaccessible locations that just make it so that you can visit them would be a huge improvement.
>>
File: 1484625518267.jpg (29KB, 425x348px) Image search: [Google]
1484625518267.jpg
29KB, 425x348px
>>32733730
>not a sequel
>another 20h of Lillie
>>
>>32733837
>alternate reality where Lillie was never born
>>
>>32733775
But thats the thing: in 2 years between ORAS and SM they've manged to create a very small region with not much content in it. In the extra year i can see them polishing few things here and there but not adding stuff like lets say new island(s), big PWT or frontier-like facility or (thats just fanfiction now) other region

>>32733807
>There are so many inaccessible locations that just make it so that you can visit them would be a huge improvement
Many? There's only two i can think of
1. Waterfalls at Brooklet Hill and they're there for decoartion because it doesnt seem likely we'll get a Waterfall Pokeride
2. Golf course which would be just a part of Hano Grand Resort so just a single extra area with possibly few more trainers

Thats all really, hardly huge improvemnt
>>
>>32733730
>and they no longer make long games with big amount of stuff to do post credits.
They never did.
Battle facility =/= all postgame of a game. Outside it, Emerald for example has NOTHING.
>>
>>32733910
>They never did.
GSC/HGSS and FRLG say hi
>>
>>32733730
>GF doesn't listen to fan feedback

What kind of idiotic company would do that? You'll lose peoples interest of the fans that actually will buy your game and if you don't get people that are loyal to the series leaving than its money they're not making.
>>
>>32733988
FRLG and BW B2W2 are the only one that have expanded post game content without the need of an extra version B2W2 being sequels circumvent that a little, as in content unlocked after beating the league.

GSC was a big fat mess with even less content and experience than the DP Pt battlezone post league area, walking tiles do not equal content.

>>32733988

FRLG is really the only remake game that truly added postgame features, HGSS added very little when compared to the sevii Islands.
>>
>>32734015
Sonic kinda did...it hasn't paid off.
>>
>>32734045
>walking tiles
Nice meme. Even gutted Kanto is more than every other game has done since, and HGSS made Kanto more complete.
>>
>>32734067
>and HGSS made Kanto more complete.
Lying on internet.
>>
File: 1485147698338.png (415KB, 757x716px) Image search: [Google]
1485147698338.png
415KB, 757x716px
>>32733730
>>First of all GF has changed after the DS era and they no longer make long games with big amount of stuff to do post credits.
Yes, because they haven't made third version since the DS era. Why else do you think was the case? As far as first version content is concerned, SM had THE most so far.
>>
>>32734080
>brought back the proper areas for Seafoam Islands, Viridian Forest and Cerulean Cave
>>
>>32733875
There's also inaccessible caves on Poni Island, the area behind the geothermal plant fence, the sections where they just skip you ahead with a loading screen such as Route 10 to Mount Hokulani, Mount Lanakila being very straightforward, and several plateaus, hills, and mountains you just can't climb up.
>>
>>32734104
>things that NEVER HAPPENED
Stop fucking lying on the internet and praise Hoenn already, Hoenn is love hoenn is life hoenn is the only good fucking region you cuck
>>
>>32734137
Shut up hoennigger your shit region is the objective low point of the series
>>
>>32733844
I will take 100 copies
>>
>>32734082
SM had the most in comparison to what? Maybe RB and RS but not to GSC, DP nor BW. Its basically the same level as XY
>>
Two third ver. instead of one is pretty interesting, especially considering how its a B2W2 deal even with the legendaries being a fusion with the 3rd. Something tells me that isn't entirely the case, with Ultra Alola being the faller universe Alola instead and the Necrozma fusion being with the Mega universe legendary. Maybe even a sequel.
>>
>>32734352
It's got the most in the sheer number of different things to do after the main game. GS is only one that challenges in this aspect, having a full region to travel through. But in that, you're doing exactly what you were before, getting badges, nothing "new", so maybe someone might disagree here, but I would say it still counts. The rest, though, don't even compare.

Take BW for example. You have finding the sages, Subway, a couple of new towns and those shit Musicals. SM, in comparison, gave you UB quest, Battle Tree, Battle Royale, Poke Finder, Pelago, Plaza, and much more new content. Nothing else even comes close in the sheer numbers.

DP postgame was a joke, nothing more. You had a couple of new areas, a tower and contests. RS and RB, obviously, had nothing. XY had a bit more, but still nothing special. You had Maison, and that was it, really.
>>
>>32734379
How is it a sequel if you start in the same house and getting your starter AGAIN?

Also "faller universe alola" what? Fallers exist everywhere if only they go through a portal. There is no "faller universe"
>>
>>32734385
>UB quest, Battle Tree
ok
> Battle Royale
main game
>Poke Finder
main game
>Pelago
main game
>Plaza
main game
>and much more new content
??? literally what?

Even XY gives you more because Looker Missions-Emma storyline, Mega stone hunt, Kiloude City. Battle Maison. certain ranks at Chateau, Friend Safari, Two more battle restaurants in Lumiose are ONLY post game
>>
>>32734409
The XY's post game is so boring AF.
>>
File: 1497066820865.jpg (26KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
1497066820865.jpg
26KB, 474x473px
>>32733730
create a blog asshole.
>>
>>32734417
It still had more post game exclusive stuff than SM does

And at the very least it had good places to train, something SM just doesnt have at all
>>
>>32734352
>Its basically the same level as XY
It's less than XY
>>
>>32734409
One, no one mentioned anything about all of it being postgame content. I just mentioned content, anon. Not postgame exclusive content, which is something you assumed on your own.
Two, if main game content doesn't count, BW had only Sage quest and a couple of towns. Subway and the musical shit was also main game. DP had only a couple of areas and a Tower. So SM STILL wins.

>??? literally what?
Such as League defense and some more one off sidequests. Not a lot of postgame exclusive features, though.
>>
>>32734392
Faller universe could well be the universe where you get the second Nebby. Its a sequel in the sense that the game starts out there, with the same characters and what not, however the story hasn't played out yet and there is no Solgaleo/Lunala as the prptag of SM snatched that unigerses legendary away, so the story plays out with necrozma instead leading up to the fusion.
>>
>>32734650
The "universe" where you get your second Nebby did have the same story happen, anon. In case you missed it, literally everything is the same. You're the Champion, Aether family conflict is done and over, UB quests are also done. Literally everything is the same besides the time and Alter/Lake of Sunne/Moone.
>>
>region is small and can't be added on
>when they can just throw in more islands and say lmao in other universe they sunk
>>
>>32733730
>They also stated they DONT listen to fan feedback.
So that means Mega Kangaskhan's, Darkrai's (and indirectly Smeargle), and Talonflame's nerf was randomly? Also if the fans didn't complained about the lacking Mega Stones they would be still illegally until USM release. Yeah, they don't listen to fans sometimes, but also sometimes they listen.
>>
>>32734424
don't come here if you don't want to discuss shit, moron.
>>
After the initial shock of no stars on switch and no d/p remakes.

I'm excited but that 20 secs don't get me excited at all. They didn't show off any new features or Pokemon.
>>
>>32734917
You do realize that there's a high chance that they also play Pokemon, right?

They also probably DO watch the vgcs to know that mega khan and smeargle was broke as shit. They don't release games and sit on a tower and do fuck all.
>>
>>32736418
Yeah they dont have to listen to fans to buff or nerf certain mons
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.