[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USM Speculation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: johto references.png (4MB, 2932x1328px) Image search: [Google]
johto references.png
4MB, 2932x1328px
>Heahea City was said to be formed by people who traveled in Kanto and Johto long, long ago and came together in the Alola Region
>Malie City was also said to be formed by people from Johto settling in Alola
>Malie Garden also has a lake inside of it in the shape of a Gyarados, an allusion to the Lake of Rage in Johto
>a Sightseer in Malie City mentions that she is from Johto and finds it odd that people in Alola don't use Fly to travel, before giving the player the TM for the move
>Lana mentions having reeled in a Red Gyarados once; in the end, she was just trying to trick the player into believing her
>on Mount Lanakila, Professor Kukui mentions facing the Indigo League and how tough the battle with Lance was; Lance was the Champion of the Indigo League in the Generation II games and their remakes
>the player is able to obtain one Apricorn Ball each per game; these are the special Poké Balls that Kurt makes by hand in the Johto region
>Pokémon Go was recently updated with Gen 2 Pokémon
>the Johto starters can be obtained from the Island Scan feature (the Unova starters can also be obtained this way, but let's be honest, no one cares about them)
>in the latest Pokémon Direct, plush dolls of the Johto starters and box legends were the only non-Gen 7 Pokémon to be displayed on the shelves
>Pokémon Gold and Silver are going to be released for the Virtual Console during the same season as USM, Fall 2017
>Gen 2 was the only Gen to not have any of its characters appear in SM which is quite suspicious
>one of the trainer classes wears a Meganium shirt
I never realized how many references there were to Johto this gen. Could it be a sign of things to come in USM? Knowing the Pokémon Company and GameFreak, probably not.
>>
Wasn't this just taken down?
>>
>>32731106
>but let's be honest, no one cares about them
You almost had me
>>
>>32731110
I also got that.
>>
Fuck you, Serperior is one of my favorite pokemon.
>>
>>32731110
Sorry. I wanted to make some changes so it was more accurate. I wish there was a way to edit posts on 4chan.
>>
>>32731130
Likewise. Good taste Anon and fuck OP.
>>
>>32731155
>>32731130

Same.

Fuck you, OP.
>>
There's a blue Granbull in the police department.
>>
File: amslipperysnek.gif (1003KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
amslipperysnek.gif
1003KB, 500x281px
>>32731130
my third favorite starter
can't wait for the inevitable fire snake starter so I can make a FWG core with it, gyarados/milotic, and serperior
>>
I am so ready for gen to shift focus off Gen 1
>>
>>32731106
>Malie Garden also has a lake inside of it in the shape of a Gyarados, an allusion to the Lake of Rage in Johto

You mean the one shaped like zygarde?
>>
Maybe Megas? I mean come on just because a small ass fraction of the fan base got their panties tight cause certain Megas dominated VGC (yet okay Legendaries like Lando did 2012 -.-) does NOT mean we johtards can not get are much needed and wanted Megas, like the Starters, Noctowl, Ledian and Ariados, Slowking, Ursaring and Donphan, Crobat for starters. I mean so far it's Mega Houndoom, Tyranitar, and Ampharos vs a shit ton of Gen 3 aNd Gen 1 Megas. Though do want Megas for Dragonite (I mean come on GF, Altaria before Dragonite?), Tauros and so maybe Miltank, Alolan Machamp if they give it to him and Megas for the normal form, Golems normal form and its Alolan form, the Nidos with the much wanted ones of Gen 3, Milotic and Flygon, and Gen 4, Luxray, Togekiss and Roserade. Whose with me on having Megas come back in force not this sad attempt to sell another gimmick (two in fact), already?

And part of the reason why they had so much focus on Johto, despite the odd lack of Johto starters for secondary ones and Johto native MCs, is because GF is basically redoing Gen 1 and 2 in the form of XYSM, with USUM their way to keep doing Deluxe editions, but now as either sequels or in two parts every other gen.
>>
>>32731106
>in the latest Pokémon Direct, plush dolls of the Johto starters and box legends were the only non-Gen 7 Pokémon to be displayed on the shelves
>Pokémon Gold and Silver are going to be released for the Virtual Console during the same season as USM, Fall 2017

Your second point explains the first point
>>
Honestly gen 8 makes sense for 2019 and that's the 20th anniversary of gold and sliver. Maybe that's when you will see the pandering

Japanese settling in Hawaii is very common
>>
File: 1478881715637.jpg (35KB, 605x609px) Image search: [Google]
1478881715637.jpg
35KB, 605x609px
>>32731106
Stop fucking pandering to Gentwoners.
I fucking hate GameFreak.
Sucking Gen II's cock all the fucking time.
I swear to fucking Arceus.

Reee!
>>
>>32731106

That's probably why they are there
>>
>>32733265
not op, but it's literally gyarados. you zygarde fans will try anything to make it more relevant, huh?
>>
>>32731106
ok, but where is my fuckin vm crystal?
here is my question
>>
>>32731111
this
>>
>>32731106
>the player is able to obtain one Apricorn Ball each per game
This was such a fucnking bullshit cocktease.
>>
All of these were hints that the GS games were coming for the Virtual Console
>>
>>32734416
That doesn't look like Gyarados at all
>>
>>32736073
Zygarde does not have a flipper for a tail.
>>
>>32733371
Johto, Sinnoh and Unova do have comparitively less Megas than Kanto and Hoenn

>>32733265
>>32736073
they literally state that the Garden is made to be based off Lake of Rage. Why the fuck would it being Zygarde be more likely than Gyarados?
>>
File: DEO.png (952KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
DEO.png
952KB, 750x750px
Is this a Johto Reference?
>>
File: butzygarde.jpg (153KB, 900x682px) Image search: [Google]
butzygarde.jpg
153KB, 900x682px
>>32736073
ignore the watermark but here you go
>>
>>32736448
Neither Gyarados or Zygarde have a giant hole through the back of their skull.
>>
>>32733371
>so far it's Mega Houndoom, Tyranitar, and Ampharos
You forgot Scizor, Steelix, and Heracross.
>>
>>32731106
We might get Alola Forms for Gen II mons and maybe something more for Ho-Oh and Lugia like they did for Mewtwo in X/Y. That's all I can really see happening, if they aren't remaking R/B just yet, they won't be doing G/S for a while.
>>
>>32736517
>lake looks 99% like gyarados
>'durrr it's not 100% like gyara so it can't possibly be gyara'

autism, everyone
>>
>>32734852
I got like 10 Friend Balls, what do you mean?
>>
>>32731106
>the player is able to obtain one Apricorn Ball each per game; these are the special Poké Balls that Kurt makes by hand in the Johto region
Holy shit.

>just realized this is how I got that Moon Ball
>caught Solgaleo with that Moon Ball
>never knew that that was the only chance I would get
Good thing the catch rate was increased, I guess.
>>
>>32738331
Cheating and event rewards don¡t count.
>>
>>32738375
nevermind, I'm retarded. They were Nest Balls.
>>
>>32738348
>>never knew that that was the only chance I would get
SR
>>
File: IMG_1049.jpg (588KB, 1460x820px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1049.jpg
588KB, 1460x820px
>>32738452
I didn't care enough about the story or have serious enough balltism to soft reset. I just figured I would try the Moon ball, some Dusk balls, and finally the Master ball just to get it over with.
>>
>>32738564
>moonball
>solgaleo
Anyway, master ball is a waste. Cover legendaries (almost) always have catch rates so high that many common pokémon are actually harder to catch. Like for instance, skarmory, basculin, murkrow or minior.
>>
>>32738631
>Cover legendaries (almost) always have catch rates so high that many common pokémon are actually harder to catch
only the from gen 5 onwards (excluding oras)
>>
>>32733371
>-.-
End your life, my friend.
>>
Based OP btfoing the unovabortions
>>
>>32738649
It's kind of a mixed bag. For second and third gen games it was as hard as it gets as well as HG/SS.
For D/P, palkia and dialga had a catch rate of 30, instead of 3.(oddly, they didn't raise giratina's for platinum, so that's cool).
For BW, XY and SM, it's 45 which s hella high.
As for ORAS, that was a weird case. Kyogre and groudon were actually lowered (since they had 5 for whatever reason) but rayquaza got bumped up to 45.

Anyway, ever since Pokémon came to DS, cover legendaries in the main games have been easy to catch.
I seriously have no idea why remakes haven't followed this though.
>>
>>32738631
I just thought the Pokemon representation of the sun in a Moon ball would be funny. As for the Master ball, I used to not use them in case I later found a shiny that could explode, but after breeding so many shinies back in XY, I just use it whenever I feel like it.
>>
>>32738649
Common pattern or not, it's always funny to think that murkrow can be harder to catch than many legendaries.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.