[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People have been spamming USM nonstop due to the whole "USUM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: ultrasunultramoon.jpg (2MB, 8000x4800px) Image search: [Google]
ultrasunultramoon.jpg
2MB, 8000x4800px
People have been spamming USM nonstop due to the whole "USUM reminds me of SuMo so I'm going to use USM because redundant to put the U twice."

Back many years ago when emojis didn't rule the Internet, we had this thing call a forward slash.

It's this: /

You an see it twice in the board's name, /vp/.

However, people will often be lazy and call this board vp without the forward slashes. That is because the forward slashes are implied. We all know they are there, so there's no point in typing them unless we want to.

Trolls have twisted this logic around in promoting USM over USUM, and I'm here to set things straight.

Around the era of Diamond and Pearl, D/P was the common abbreviation. Very few people actually used DP. It was always R/B/Y, G/S/C, etc. You can look this up in archives and find that using the forward slashes was much preferred. Around the time Platinum came out, the forward slashes became implied, so instead of typing D/P/Pt every time, people would just say DPPt. No one would call it DPt, because "t" does not stand for "Platinum."

Now, fast forward to today.

B/W became BW
HG/SS became HGSS.
B2/W2 became B2W2
X/Y became XY.
OR/AS became ORAS
S/M became SM

If you call it "USM", you are implying that it's US/M, just like if you call it BW2, you are implying that it's B/W2.

The abbreviation was NEVER (BW)2 or U(SM). Can you type them out like that and be correct? Yes, it IS technically correct.

This is basic math.

(B2)/(W2) = (B2)(W2) because it is "culturally implied" that there is a / between (B2) and (W2), just like (D)/(P)/(Pt) = (D)(P)(Pt) is correct because the parentheses imply that what is enclosed is its own game and what is between the sets of parentheses have /s in between them.

U(SM) implies that Sun and Moon ARE THE SAME GAME, which they're not, so you can't use USM as the abbreviation since it DOES. NOT. APPLY. Only USUM can work because US is its own game and UM is its own game, therefore (US)/(UM) = (US)(UM) = USUM

Understand?
>>
Have you been tested for the 'tism at all, anon?
>>
>>32728901
>organized arguments are autism
Whatever you say, sub-90 IQ.
Also, lurk more.
>>
>>32728766
Mucho Autismo
(on a side note was going to post some hentai as a file but cut off so you couldnt see the nsfw and I looked up cut off hentai and the first thing was hentai cut dick off and now im intrigued brb)
>>
>>32728948
>Organized argument
>Just one guy getting super angry over an acronym he doesn't like
Also, why would you actively encourage someone coming here more than necessary? If you lurk like you tell other people to, you'd know this place ain't exactly the place to be, or in this case, lurk.
C'mon son.
>>
>>32728766
USM is faster to type.
>>
Actually it's U(S+M)

The U is distributed to both
>>
USUM is correct
>>
File: hulkboyhearing.png (162KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
hulkboyhearing.png
162KB, 511x511px
Well people says BW2, not B2W2. Get ready for USM to be the standard shorthand, sorry OP.
>>
>>32728766
Who fucking cares what abbriviation you us. As long as we know what games you're talking about it shouldn't fucking matter.

This shit is almost as stupid as the whole SM vs SuMo shit.
>>
>>32729139
This. The games are Black and White Two, (Black + White)Two, (B+W)2, (BW)2, BW2.
I think I would prefer USUM but I won't pretend like the second "U" is necessary and see the benefit of Ultra(Sun + Moon), U(S+M), U(SM), USM.
>>
TL;DR

going to spam ULSUULMO from now on
>>
>>32728766
Who cares? Both USM and USUM are okay, but SuMo will never be. Not sure if this is bait, pasta tryhard or unadulterated autism. I'll give you the benefit of doubt.
>>
>>32728766
>writing this long of a post and wasting this much time just to say that he doesn't like an acronym no one is forcing him to use.
>fighting in the comments continuesly despite being btfo'd a thousand times
>and then proceeding to repost the same post again when he didn't get his way last time and continuing to shitpost in the comments.
This is both pathetic and autistic. I haven't seen this sad of an excuse for a human being here since Richard and the RoothootTrioFags.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.