[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does pokedex ordering work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Pokédex_Pt.png (2MB, 2000x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Pokédex_Pt.png
2MB, 2000x1650px
I mean, why wheren't GEN 4-7 pokemon in the pokedex in GEN 3? did those pokemon exist in GEN 3? or they're truly recently discover pokemon?
>>
>>32728321
I think the order is based on when the professor in charge of cataloging every pokémon in their respective regions finished their job

Like, Oak was the first one to create a dex, so the pokémon he found in Kanto come first. Then, he worked on the Johto pokémon and just added the "new" ones to the list. Sometime after that Birch finished the list of Hoenn pokémon, then Rowan, then Juniper, etc.
>>
File: what.png (237KB, 523x393px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
237KB, 523x393px
>>32728347
But canonically generation 3 comes before generation 2. Now that I think about it this could mean that Professor Birch invented the Pokedex, as his version has more pokemon than Oak's does.
>>
Oak created the Kanto and Johto Pokedexes, hence the similar ordering. Due to his worldwide fame, and thus influence, he determined the order for the National Dex.

Each other region's Regional Dex is ordered by the professor of that region, and is structured as such.
>>
>>32728380
>canonically gen 3 is before gen 2
Where the fuck are you getting this information.
>>
>>32728380
The Pokedex was invented years before Gen 1. Cyntha mentioned she had one when she was a kid starting her journey.
>>
File: pvba5Ur.png (342KB, 500x1007px) Image search: [Google]
pvba5Ur.png
342KB, 500x1007px
>>32728465
>>
>>32728321
ALTERNATE UNIVERSES
>>
>>32728465
Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald can link with FireRed and LeafGreen and vice-versa without time travelling.

Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver occur 3 years after Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, FireRed, and LeafGreen. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum occur at the same time as the Johto games.

Toshinobu Matsumiya from Game Freak confirmed this in 2014.
>>
>>32728483
If gen 3 was before gen 2 then why would oak bother to go to Johto if birch already created a dex with the gen 2 mons on it.
>>
>>32728380
That's one of the things they retcon with every remake. In RBY only 151 pokémon were in the dex by the time the game begins, but in FRLG/RSE there were 386. In ORAS it's even worse since the dex has 721 pokémon. And all of these games are supposed to happen at more or less the same time.

So let's say the professors get more efficient with every retcon and finish the dex list a few years earlier.
>>
>>32728526
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire occur in a parallel timeline to Ruby and Sapphire.
>>
>>32728511
He was just visiting Mr. Pokémon
>>
It's a gameplay only thing you shouldn't worry about canon wise. There's a reason NPC's never mention a mons dex order.
>>
Why are there so many autists these days that try to fit every single gameplay aspect into canon/lore?
>>
>>32728617
Why are you such a dull normalfag that never questions anything?
>>
>>32728627

I see no point in worrying about it when the devs clearly don't give a shit.
>>
>>32728638
Who says that Game Freak don't care? They simply don't share this stuff with the public as that would curb interest in Pokémon.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.