[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck the Haters I'm excited for these games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 17

File: DBplNUSUIAIFfAI.jpg (22KB, 384x230px) Image search: [Google]
DBplNUSUIAIFfAI.jpg
22KB, 384x230px
Aloha will be redeemed
>>
>>32727195
With even more cutscenes and blackouts every 5 seconds HAHAHAHA
>>
File: 148580528597.png (101KB, 335x188px) Image search: [Google]
148580528597.png
101KB, 335x188px
>>32727195
>Aloha
>>
I'm pretty excited. For the first time in five years we're going to see a game that actually improves on a new region.
>>
>>32727195
B2W2 couldn't redeem BW.
Don't be so hopeful.
RIP Pokemon.
>>
File: Czozm24VQAIL8l7.jpg (95KB, 900x592px) Image search: [Google]
Czozm24VQAIL8l7.jpg
95KB, 900x592px
>>32727195
Yeah but it's not a direct sequel, I'm already kinda disappointed you know...

Since it's a retelling, it better have a LOT of differences! I don't want an other Emerald / Platinum.

Really need more informations.
>>
File: x1xTZcd.png (86KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
x1xTZcd.png
86KB, 625x626px
>>32727309
>B2W2 couldn't redeem BW.
>>
>>32727309
>B2W2 couldn't redeem BW.
>>
>>32727309
You're right. BW didn't need redeeming, and BW2 made the region even better. Alola will be the same case for people who don't hate on gen 7 to try to fit in
>>
>>32727322
>>32727329
Nice non-argument reaction images I guess.
About as high quality as Gen 5.
>>
File: 1477750490647.jpg (240KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477750490647.jpg
240KB, 1280x720px
>>32727345
>>
>>32727345
>says we didn't make an argument on how B2W2 redeemed BW
>didn't make an argument on why it couldn't redeem BW
2 way street bud
>>
File: 1472217378314.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1472217378314.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>32727345
>>
>redeemed
>compensate for the faults or bad aspects of (something)
That means you disliked original Alola.
Why would you be hyped for a region you disliked in the first place? Are you fucking stupid?
>>
Alola doesn't need to be redeemed, but it will be nice to improve on it
>>
i want less story or make the cutscenes play into the gameplay.
It was so annoying it felt like i was playing FF 13.1
>>
>>32727357
Not OP, but I like seeing things being made better, it's why the 3rd versions are among my favorite entries in the series. I'm still mad Kalos didn't get that chance.
>>
File: 1446576014442.jpg (7KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1446576014442.jpg
7KB, 240x228px
>>32727195
>redeemed
>Implying it was bad to begin with

I'm hyped as fuck, too.
Can't wait for CoroCoro monthly hype.
>>
Can't wait for the game to release, be the best game in years, and suddenly all the autists here will start acting like they knew it was going to be the best all along.
>>
>>32727195
No one's stopping you also why make a thread about it?
>>
>>32727195
Alola might be able to redeem itself
>>
>>32727195
>Aloha
It's Ahoha you fucking retard.
>>
File: 14524602002954.png (157KB, 345x345px) Image search: [Google]
14524602002954.png
157KB, 345x345px
>>32727195
>endless tutorials
>unskippable cutscenes
>rotomdex
>terrible starters
>terrible clothes
>fucked up day-care mechanics
>no postgame
>>
>>32727668
>endless
They literally end in the first island
>unskippable cutscenes
Like all Pokemon games.
>rotomdex
What is the problem with this
>terrible starters
I agree but that's subjective
>terrible clothes
Reaching
>fucked up day-care mechanics
You have pelago to level up your Pokemon you fucking idiot. Daycare is better as just a free breeding facility.
>no postgame
Only remotely valid complaint and still hyperbole. Postgame is what remakes are usually for.
>>
File: 1430979173141.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1430979173141.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>32727309
>implying BW and B2W2 were anything less than perfect

OK PAL
>>
>>32727283
This. Not sure why Kalos got shafted in this regard but I'm looking forward to better alola
>>
>>32727309
BW2 were literally the best pokemon games followed by Platinum so your opinion is irrelevant. I bet you actually thought Heart Gold and Soul Silver were good
>>
>>32727195
hype level: 240p
>>
>>32727312
>...
>!

You have to go back.
>>
>>32727727
The perfect...mint julip
>>
File: IMG_1707.jpg (28KB, 527x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1707.jpg
28KB, 527x332px
>>32727785
>>
>>32727707
>They literally end in the first island
I didn't mean it literally, retard. They seem endless because the first island is around an hour long.
>Like all Pokemon games.
Except that the cutscenes in those games were fewer and not nearly as long.
>What is the problem with the rotomdex
Other than having a map on all the time displaying where you're supposed to go, effectively cutting any sense of adventure, and other than the annoying quips when you catch a pokemon; it used up the bottom screen and made it an unnecessary hassle to use the GTS.
>terrible clothes is reaching
No. The clothes are objectively bad.
>Daycare is better as just a free breeding facility.
But the breeding is what's fucked up, I don't give a shit about leveling up pokemon. If you're looking for a good nature for a pokemon, you can't just save at the counter and reset to get new ones, you are forced to fill up boxes of useless pokemon and then release them one by one. It would be bearable if they let you release more than one pokemon at once, but they made it a highly unnecessary hassle.
>Postgame is what remakes are usually for.
Gold and Silver had Kanto. Ruby and Sapphire had battled tower and Sky Pillar. Diamond and Pear had a whole island, and the place where you catch Giratina. Black and White had the whole East Side of the map and Kyurem. It's only after X and Y that the games get no post game.
>>
File: !.jpg (88KB, 1163x1200px) Image search: [Google]
!.jpg
88KB, 1163x1200px
>>32727790
What's wrong anon-kun?
>>
>>32727727
Why is this board filled with this many unovabortions. I played both and disliked every minute of it. I didn't feel like pokemon to me. X and Y felt more like pokemon to me. Never ever make a fucking gritty dark shaded urban region ever again.
>>
>>32727813
>I didn't mean it literally
Then say what you mean you screeching autist. If the game is bad you shouldn't need hyperbole to prove it.
>Except that the cutscenes in those games were fewer
But you complained about "unskippable." Nice moving the goalposts.
>Other than having a map on all the time displaying where you're supposed to go
When did anyone ever get lost in a Pokemon game except in caves or buildings? Which the objective marker doesn't affect at all. Nor does it affect all the explorable areas.
Pressing start is an unnecessary hassle? They removed the PSS because it was too hard on their servers having everyone online passively and not using it, so they made an online hub. The rotom screen has fucking nothing to do with it.
>the clothes are objectively bad
You objectively don't know how to argue.
>breeding is what's fucked up
Why are you listing this as a problem with SM? That's how it always worked, and while not ideal it's easier now than ever.
>postgame
I like how you conveniently skipped RBY for your postgame argument. There is a battle tower and probably the lengthiest legendary quest in the games, since you brought those up. It isn't comparable to Plat or BW2 but neither are most of your examples, and it certainly isn't "no" post game.
>>
>>32727357
>admitting X isn't perfect = disliking X
(You)
>>
>>32727943
shit taste detected
>>
>>32727430
Even if the game's fantastic, the stupid casual portion of the fanbase will still be upset it's not on the Switch/mobile/not in Sinnoh and it will end up having poorer sales. Still good, because it's Pokemon, but I won't be surprised if it ends up being the lowest selling main series Pokemon game based on the announcement alone. Plus third version Pokemon games consistently get worse reviews, so this one's going to have a hard time.
>>
>>32727986
>But you complained about "unskippable." Nice moving the goalposts

I didn't move the goalposts you retard. Unskippable cutscenes have always been a problem, but they're more of a problem in Sun and Moon because their cutscenes are longer.

>When did anyone ever get lost in a Pokemon game except in caves or buildings?

I don't know, I never asked you that. Why are you moving goalposts?

Having a map, displaying where you have to go at all times, is handholding to the extreme. Also, the PSS wasn't always on, you had to turn it on.

>"clothes aren't bad! n-no you!"

They're terrible.

>Why are you listing this as a problem with SM? That's how it always worked, and while not ideal it's easier now than ever.

No. It was different before. If you saved before getting an egg in any prior game, the egg would come out with a different nature, gender, and ability. If you save before getting an egg in Sun and Moon, the egg will ALWAYS have the same nature, gender, and ability.

>I like how you conveniently skipped RBY

They're the first games you fucking retard. Of course, other than finishing the pokedex and going through Cerulean Cave is enough.

>There is a battle tower and probably the lengthiest legendary quest in the games, since you brought those up. It isn't comparable to Plat or BW2 but neither are most of your examples, and it certainly isn't "no" post game.

You have some crazy mental gymnastics going on. Sun and Moon's postgame is two routes, a lazy battle tower, and a 'fly here and then come back' even lazier quest.

Also, I didn't bring up Plat or BW2. Diamond and Pearl's post game was 3 towns, 5 routes, a battle facility, and 2 large dungeons. Black and White's post game was 3 towns, 5 routes, and 2 dungeons, albeit small.
>>
>>32728241
God I fucking hate that spacing so much
>>
>>32728222
This I can agree with we weren't promised a switch game, nor were we promised Sinnoh remakes, yet a good majority of the fan base is up in arms over it.
>>
Usm
>>
>>32728248
le redort spacing amoright? xD
>>
>>32728241
>No. It was different before. If you saved before getting an egg in any prior game, the egg would come out with a different nature, gender, and ability. If you save before getting an egg in Sun and Moon, the egg will ALWAYS have the same nature, gender, and ability.

Why they this remove this?
>>
>>32727943
>I played both and disliked every minute of it.
Well it's not our fault you have shit taste now is it?
>>
>>32727778
>Loves BW2
>Hates HGSS
How can taste this disoriented even exist?
>>
>>32728241
>their cutscenes are longer
You didn't say that. You only brought it up after I pointed out your idiocy in blaming SM for a problem that's always been there. You are moving the goalposts.
>I never asked you that
If you're arguing that objective markers make a difference, you're inherently arguing that people got lost without them. That's not goalpost moving, it's extrapolation. And it's false, because the games have always been linear as fuck, and the markers don't guide you through the map anymore than the series' linearity already did. The PSS was left on in the background while you played, even if you weren't using it. That's what caused the overload.
>"clothes aren't good!"
LITERALLY not an argument. Why are you expecting an argument back when you didn't make one?
>egg reloading
Who the fuck does this? Multi-egg hatching has always been more efficient.
>finishing the pokedex and going through Cerulean Cave is a postgame, but SM's isn't
How is the battle tower lazy? The removed formats are hardware issues. All the sets are revamped, they added megas and other things like Lake Trio, and the best multi mechanic yet. Again I'm not satisfied with just the tower, but it's not lazier than other first versions.
And again, lacking postgame =/= no postgame. If you need hyperbole then your argument is weak.
>>
>>32727312
>USM will replace SM in the canon as all third-versions and remakes do.
>He wants USM to be wildly different from SM to the point that it's no longer the same story.
Why? Was SM's story concept really that horrble to you?
>>
>>32727373
Alola doesn't. The story pacing and excessive handholding and the lack of free exploration does.
>>
>>32728222
>the stupid casual portion of the fanbase will still be upset it's not on the Switch/mobile/not in Sinnoh
Because that totally happened with BW2 and XY. Granted people are upset with XY, it's not for those reasons. Your pessimistic prediction has no precedence.
>>
>>32727342
Uhh BW were literally the worst games aside from the necessary quality of life changes.
>>
>>32727904
Who made this??? I want to request them to do one of Xerneas and Yveltal, and congratulate them on doing an impressive job.
>>
>>32727904
Why is there pink lights in its crotch? I get it's based on Lunala's armor, but the lights there are from Lunala's rib cage/heart/glowing orb thingy it has in its chest.
>>
>>32728529
Not the anon, but:

>You didn't say that.
But the cutscenes are clearly longer.

>"clothes aren't good!"
But the clothes and in XY were better.

>egg reloading
It didn't have any negative sides, why even removing when it causes no problems and only has minimal advantage for few people?

>The removed formats are hardware issues.
So this is clearly a downgrade considering gen 6 didn't have that issue.
>>
>>32728528
It's called knowing a good game vs nostalgia pandering while leaving in the glaring problems from the original.
>>
>>32727986
>They removed the PSS because it was too hard on their servers having everyone online passively and not using it
[citation needed] a lot
>>
>>32727309
BW didn't need redeeming.
>>
>>32727943
>it doesn't have my precious Gen 1 pandering unlike glorious XY
Get out.
>>
i'll never understand the way the pokemon playerbase works
remember when xy came out and bw2 were the bane of existence and dog shit games?
i do
>>
>>32728619
I never played GSC and I can still see the good in HGSS. It has loads of features and post-game content, and some pretty cool events too. Unlike most autists in here (including (You)) it takes more than a few flaws to make me whine and cry over a game being """horrible""" on an anonymoud image board for a children's game.
>>
>>32728649
No?
>>
>>32728590
Outside of /vp/, BW2 aren't held in especially high regard. Granted, that's probably partially because some Unovabortions haven't finished learning how to use the computer yet, so its nostalgia-based fanbase isn't as large, but it didn't sell particularly well, either.

I'm not sure what you mean with XY.
>>
>>32728659
This.

Gen 5 is heavily shitted on outside of here
>>
>>32728649
That was because of genwunners whining over it not being Gen 1. Almost every negative comment I ever saw back then was either about Vanilluxe, Garbodor and Klinklank being "shittier versions" of Muk and Magneton, or just general "not Kanto" shitposting. Nobody had any real reasons to hate those games. (I dunno about now, but back then it really seemed so.)
>>
>>32727195
>Being excited over nothing but the protags with a makeover and the box legendaries pretending to be Batman.

You're probably the reason why car dealers sell a lot of lemons.
>>
>>32728659
I automatically filter genwun shitposting away when I read Gen 5 hate. It's surprising how little hate it gets if you discount bullshit like "muh no old Pokémon" or "muh ice cream and garbage is so much worse than old glorious designs".
>>
>>32727943
>it didn't feel like Pokemon to me
Nigga, BW where the first games to feel like "Pokemon" to me since RB. You know why? Because I actually got to go on an adventure with NEW pokemon and didn't have to come across the same fucking ones I've been using and seeing since the originals. A concept that they unfortunately did not continue with past BW and in fact went in the complete opposite direction in SM. I don't play new Pokemon games so that I can use Pikachu and Charizard for the hundreth time.

Not to mention how nice it was that the gym leaders actually played a small role in the plot and weren't just there.
>>
>>32727943
>Ghetsis just wanted to be king of Unova
>Lysandre wanted to genocide Kalos and all Pokemon, leaving only the financial elite to live out the last of their days
>XY isn't gritty

Fuck you man, Black and White is about as gritty as Sesame Street and damn near any 80s-early 90s family movie. XY was a field trip around bright towns until Lionfaced Hitler sucks up the plot and you see how much death and poverty are in the game's lore.
>>
>kill lusamine
there i just redeemed alola
>>
>>32728731
Too bad Team Flare was impossible to take seriously even for a Pokemon game. We haven't had a decent evil team since Team Rocket, who just wanted to make money. Now they all have some kind of retarded world-altering purpose.
>>
>>32727943
>/vp/ is full of austistic manchildren
>unova is the most beloved gen
sounds about right
>>
>>32727309
fuck off from existence
>>
File: t0yMDpg.jpg (107KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
t0yMDpg.jpg
107KB, 700x466px
>>32728668
>hurr durr everything is genwunners fault
>>
File: take_this_tower_no_survivors.jpg (228KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
take_this_tower_no_survivors.jpg
228KB, 854x480px
>>32728744
You're arguing pragmatism in a universe that had to retcon guns and even then Team Rocket had its moments where it went full blown retard.
>>
>>32728777
But it is.
>>
File: guzmahala.jpg (55KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
guzmahala.jpg
55KB, 500x278px
>>32728562
Not at all, I liked it.
I just wanted a sequel, it had a lot of potential like BW.

I'm not really interested in a simple rehash like Emerald/Platinum (To me, it shouldn't be a thing to do nowadays).
Even if the game is good and is a clear improvement comparate to the old one I played, I will probably not be satisfied if it's the same tier of changes as Emerald/Platinum.
Like it would be a waste, unlike a sequel like BW2.

But I think it's the first time they really describe it as "retelling", so I have some hope for this to be kinda interesting.

>>32728597
https://twitter.com/odonger2/status/872287639998652416
>>
>>32727904
>Golisopod with Prism Armor
Kill them all
>>
>>32728634
what?, how is BW not gen 1 pandering, the whole point of the game is to mimic kanto, most of the gen 5 pokemon are gen 1 counterparts, even bw2 plasma uniforms are reworks of the team rocket one
>>
>>32727309
>B2W2 couldn't redeem BW
End yourself
>>
>>32728744
>Team Rocket, who just wanted to make money.
Why is this a good thing? Team Rocket's goal of just exploiting Pokemon for profit, while can be appreciated for its simplicity, is boring in this day and age.
Honestly Team Plasma is objectively the most decent. I don't know why the fanbase, in the face of most of the other teams being so over the top autistic, would prefer a boring, bland one instead.
>>
>>32728924
-It had more ghost types than Gen 1
-It had a pseudo-Legendary Bug and more than one set of legendaries.
-It had two alternatives to the regional bird that were version split.
-You could catch Throh and Sawk in the wild whereas the Hitmons were simply given to you and you could only pick ONE.
-Munna is a tapir Pokemon that also has to do with dreams but its gimmick isn't hypnosis nor does its lore deal in leading children astray
-There are two Psychic lines with 3 stages also version dependent that evolve by level up, no trading
-Sigilyph is more of a nod to the Unown than anything in RBGY
-Dwebble's typing makes it more capable of dealing the types that give Paras the most trouble and it's designed to be a direct attacker rather than a status killer.
-The typing between Archen and Tirtouga is shared with Aerodactyl and Omanyte, but Aerodactyl is a single stage Pokemon. The rest evolve.
>>
>>32727195
same
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 408x545px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 408x545px
>>32729014
>It had a pseudo-Legendary Bug
Kek
Stopped reading there
>>
>>32729076
Volcarona, not Genesect.
>>
File: tumblr_mq1pcgP02U1r2mho4o1_500.gif (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mq1pcgP02U1r2mho4o1_500.gif
47KB, 500x375px
>>32729014
this is supposed to prove me wrong?, because it doesn´t
>>
>>32729086
Do you know what a pseudo legendary is?
>>
>>32729086
While Gen 5 certainly wasn't designed mimic Kanto beyond the usual culprits you fucked up your argument you dumbass.
Hydreigon was the pseudo you retard
>>
>>32729102
Well I messed up.
>>
>>32727195

>paying for the same game twice

This is why we will never have a good Pokemon game, ever.
>>
>>32728592
No. That's Sun and Moon, which actually removed good QOL features on top of that...
>>
>>32728668
>Nobody had any real reasons to hate those games
are unovabortions really this delusional?
>>
>>32729642
No, but Genwunners are.
>>
>>32729146
>it's okay when gens 1, 2, 3, and 4 do it
>>
>>32728649
They've never played a game with cutscenes before, so Pokemon SM having them causes their autism to flare up
>>
>>32730708
Persona, 3d mario. It all has it
>>
>>32730708
Cutscenes are fine faggot. But not giving us the ability to skip them makes playing the game a second time a bother.
>>
>>32730833
Wanting to skip them is fine. Thinking the game is LITERALLY THE WORST THING IN EXISTENCE because it has them is what makes one an autist
>>
>>32727195
>Bad resolution
>1 hour tutorial
>Dick sucking gen 1
>Awful new pokemon designs
>Bad anime
>Villains with no motives
>Casualized gameplay
>Super pokemon or whatever they are called
Ya... there is no way they can redeem the train wreck that is gen 7. Sorry anon.
>>
>>32727312
>Yeah but it's not a direct sequel, I'm already kinda disappointed you know...
You smell like underage, unovabortion, and reddit. go back

Expecting a sequel is dumb. In 7 Generations we have only had ONE sequel. It is unrealistic to think every third installment in a gen would be a sequel like Gen 5 had.

> I don't want an other Emerald / Platinum.
You're setting yourself up for disappointment then. If you thought otherwise you only prove your a unovabortion.

>really needs more informations.
THE FUCKING GAMES WERE ANNOUNCED GODDAMN THIS WEEK. You will have 5 months to learn about them. Chill the fuck out.
>>
>>32728759
This.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.