[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Light" Type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 5

File: goodness.jpg (52KB, 550x398px) Image search: [Google]
goodness.jpg
52KB, 550x398px
Resists
>Dark
>Fairy
>Fighting
>Ghost

Weak to
>Psychic

Resisted By
>Bug
>Ghost
>Psychic
>Fighting

Strong Against
>Fairy
>Dark

haha
>>
your idea is bad because the Dark type is Evil type in Japan

a counter already exists, which is Fighting
>>
>>32727169
That's why I typed in "Light" Type.
>>
>>32727164

Fairy IS the Light type
>>
>Electric
>Bug
>Psychic
>Steel
>Fairy

All of these types have Pokemon and moves based around light

And if you're looking for a counterpart to Dark (Evil), that's Fighting
>>
>>32727217
Genuine Kindness isn't trickster's whimsy.

>>32727231
Justice, Evil. Good, Evil.

Seriously, this was just a shitpost.
>>
>>32727169
>>32727217

fighting is an opposite to dark, however it doesnt have to be the ONLY opposing force. fighting is the "good" or "justice" type.

fairy may use mostly light based attacks SO FAR, but it's mostly rooted in magical creatures, so is like dragon in that it's a mythical type

light, while being an observable thing, could refer to the nature of heaven or the heavens, which is technically an opposing force of demons, who are definitely dark type
>>
>>32727436
but the purpose of moves with light is already covered by Electric
>>
>>32727441
light and electricity are two different things, electricity may produce light, but is not lights master so to speak
>>
>>32727454
Normal then, Hyper Beam is literally a light beam
>>
>>32727461
normal is closer, though alot of normal moves probably should change type if they ever added new ones, since normal seems to be where they stick moves they dont have a type for. plus, Arceus, literally god, is normal at its base form, so if anything it would be closest to light
>>
>>32727477
Normal, at least in older games, is type ID 0

that might explain why Karate Chop, Sand Attack, and Gust are Normal in RGBY, they forgot to change them lol

I still don't get why Bite is Dark even though it is originally Normal
>>
>>32727164
>light resist dark and is strong against dark
>not weak to each other
1/10 stopped reading
>>
>>32727500
That would make Psychic no good.
>>
>>32727164
I always thought fairy was the "light" type
>>
Light type could have worked, but the addition of Fairy type was the nail in the coffin. It will never happen now.

For the manifestation of physical light, we have Fire and Electric. For reflecting light, there's Steel. For being righteous and upholding justice, we have Fighting type. For being celestial/connected to the heavens, we (roughly) have Psychic. And for the themes of purity, innocence and kindness, we now have Fairy.

Light would have been problematic this late into the development of the Pokémon franchise anyhow. It would make Chinchou and Lanturn awkward, since they definitely wouldn't be retyped. It would make Reshiram and Zekrom extremely awkward since they're supposed to be Yin and Yang. Ampharos has a Dragon type mega now, so it wouldn't be retyped Electric/Light either.

There are things, like Volbeat, Illumise and Absol that could still be Light without a problem, but there's just too much conflict it would create now. What about Solgaleo? What about Gardevoir and Togekiss? They should clearly be Light types, so would they be retyped AGAIN? What about Dazzling Gleam? I'm sorry but when they created Fairy, they did it knowingly, and used it to represent the final bits that could have been Light.

If they ever reboot the pokémon franchise as a whole, and just completely rework everything from the bottom up, then I want the Light type. Otherwise, just let things be.
>>
File: cosmos2.jpg (212KB, 3000x1781px) Image search: [Google]
cosmos2.jpg
212KB, 3000x1781px
Cosmic Type

Resists
>Psychic
>Cosmic
>Fairy
>Ghost
>Fire
>Water

Weak to
>Poison
>Grass
>Bug

Resisted By
>Bug
>Poison
>Grass

Strong Against
>Fairy
>Psychic
>Fire
>Water
>Ghost
>>
>>32728036
decent idea, but if you're obviously going for a "nature stuff>cosmic stuff" then make rock resist it
>>
>>32727169
I never understand this counter-argument.
Does light not triumph over evil?
>>
>>32727217
Stop this meme. Fairy is a "cutesy, girly, pink" type, it has nothing to do with the thematic of light or the divine at all. How exactly are Snubbull, Marill, Dedenne, Atomatisse and Slurpuff supposed to be Light type Pokémon? Exactly, they're not.
>>
>>32727231
>All of these types have Pokemon and moves based around light
But that's a good thing, then there's lots of stuff to re-type and use to create a solid foundation for the type.
>>
>>32727483
>I still don't get why Bite is Dark even though it is originally Normal
Becaue it's a cheap trick. That's literally the reason. You don't bite in a fair fight.
>>
Sound type

Resist
>
Weak to
>Normal
Resisted by
>Rock
>Normal
>Ghost
Strong against
>Fairy
>>
>>32728748
>If an ANIMAL bites it's unfair
>>
Instead of bitching about "muh Light type because I liek the theme" and "fuck your Light type sucks", how about we go together and create a Light type that we would actually be grateful for getting? Fixing the type chart and making bad types better. Grass- and Ice type would benefit from a Light type by being resistent to it.

I could also see a Cosmic type being super effevtive against Electric, which it definitely needs. And it, too, would be resisted by Grass.
>>
>>32728763
>looking this far into it
You know you're wrong from doing so, so just stop. The types are themes, they don't take stuff like this into consideration. Besides, Pokémon aren't just animals, they're as intellectual as humans are, some even more.
>>
>>32728787
>Looking this far into it
>>Besides, Pokémon aren't just animals, they're as intellectual as humans are, some even more
>>
File: IMG_0819.jpg (22KB, 236x213px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0819.jpg
22KB, 236x213px
>Tfw there already is a Sound subtype for moves
>Tfw more than 30 Pokémon fits a Sound typing
>Tfw there are tons of moves based on space or energy that would fit Cosmic type
>Tfw more than 30 Pokémon fits a Cosmic typing, inluding tons of Legendaries
>Tfw almost 30 Pokémon fits a Light typing
>Tfw lots of moves would fit being Light type as well
>Tfw Gamefreak continuesly introduces new Pokémon and moves based on these three themes every single generation, especially Sound and Cosmic.
Just add them already Gamefreak, we know you fucking want to.

>Tfw only 22 Pokémon and 3 moves were retyped when Fairy was introduced
I mean for fuck sake!
>>
>>32728801
I mean that should be fucking obvious to everyone who have ever played any Pokémon game post-Gen 4.
>>
File: NAOS.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NAOS.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>Light type
>sound type
>fairy type
>cosmic type
>not Jojo type
>>
how about naming some pokemon or moves for examples on who would change
>>
>>32727164
>Steel/Light pokemon
>ability is Heavy Metal
>>
>>32728909
>Light type
Mr. Mime
Mareep
Flaaffy
Ampharos
Chinchou
Lanturn
Volbeat
Illumise
Latias
Latios
Jirachi
Shinx
Luxio
Luxray
Mime Jr.
Lucario
Finneon
Lumineon
Cresselia
Victini
Patrat
Watchog
Blitzle
Zebstrika
The Original Dragon
Helioptile
Heliolisk
Xerneas
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma

And just some inb4s:
>Mr. Mime & Mime Jr.
Their entire concept is clowns that can make invisible walls made out of light. Light Screen and Reflect is basically them.
>Latias & Latios
They can turn invisible by reflecting light.
>Lucario
Aura. I'm pretty sure this is why it's part Steel type, seeing as "aura" is fighting spirit in light form, and Fighting/Steel was the closest combination to describe to that back in Gen 4 (e.g. Flash Cannon is a Steel type move from the same generation).
>Patrat & Watchog
Bioluminiscent skin and eyes.
>The Original Dragon
Closest thing to a Plasma type, considering Fire and Electric is already taken by its components. Both heat and electricity are forms of energy, and so is light. Light being the purest of the three.
>>
>>32729115
not bad some of these surprised me but make sense. The only thing I could say is that besides the legendaries none of these are particularly prominent pokemon. Like when we did fairy they got clefable and gardevoir and a bunch of strong good pokemon.

I doubt adding a light type to these pokemon would do much for the metagame when they're all shit anyway
>>
>>32729115
Does Megas count too? If so Mega Amoharos, Mega Latias, Mega Latios and Mega Lucario should be listed too. Also add Eternal Floette, if we ever get it (Light of Ruin - and it would then be the same type as Xerneas, Fairy/Light).
>>
>>32729211
Maybe getting a new type is exactly what would make some of them viable. Clefable and Gardevoir were dogshit before the Fairy type was introduced (Clef was RU and Garde was NU iirc).
>>
>>32729211
If the Fairy can being Clefable and Gardevoir up to OU from the depths of NU and RU, then I'm sure the Light type would be able to do the same as well if done correctly. I could see Ampharos, Lanturn, Luxray and maybe Mr. Mime becoming viable if they get the Clefable/Gardevoir treatment. Remember that Clefable got a BST boost and Gardevoir got a Mega in XY.

Plus Lucario is already Uber.
>>
>>32727164

Some Light-type support (for a ROM hack or whatever):

Fang of Light
>85 Base Power
>100 Accuracy
>5 PP
>Physical
>Boosted by Strong Jaw
Effect: 100% chance to boost Defense by 1
Uses: Deal damage while boosting. Like pivot moves such as U-turn, punishes opponent for switching by giving free defense boosts even if they switch in something they can take the hit - and no momentum is lost on your end because the defense boost means you didn't just waste your turn doing 2% to a Toxapex that just switched in.

Light Barrier (TM 101)
>1 PP
>Bypasses Accuracy check
>Can be Snatched
Effect: Light Barrier has a 70% chance to "have no effect" (PP is still used up, however). For the remainder of the battle: Status moves that target Active Pokemon you control have their accuracy become 50% (same as Wonder Skin). This buff can be "blown away" by the following attacks used by your opponent:

- Tailwind, Whirlwind, Gust, Hurricane, Aeroblast

Uses: It's inherent brokenness is balanced by the fact that including it in a Pokemon's moveset has a 70% chance to effectively give that Pokemon only 3 moves to choose from in any battle. This means Smogonites won't bother using it, and it stops it from getting insta-banned, Moody-style. Also, even if you get it off, Hurricane, Whirlwind, and Tailwind are commonly seen in OU, balancing Light Barrier further. Something else to note is that the chance of Light Barrier working is 30%. This is intentional - this makes the chances of Light Barrier giving your entire party Wonder Skin the same as Scald burning (which is pretty high in my experience). Oh yeah, and it can be Snatched, yay more balance. Light Barrier is basically one of those moves where, if you have one of the counters you're golden. But if you don't you're fucked. Leppa Berries and Lunar Dance would probably still get this move banned in a Smogon environment though.
>>
>>32728750
>>32728036
>>32727164
Why the fuck is every new type you people make up SE against fairy? Are you guys just looking for ways to cuck the type into submission?
>>
>>32728723
>Fairy is a "cutesy, girly, pink" type

That description doesn't even apply to the majority of Fairy-type Pokemon
>>
>>32728723
Fairy is the fairy type. As in old depictions of fae, which range from cutesy to whimsical to out right demonic

The evil side of fairies is more reflected in the moves and dex entries - Disarming Voice causes damage via emotional fuckery, Draining Kiss sucks life force out, Sweet Kiss confuses the foe, Nature's Madness describes itself with the name. Gardevoir creates black holes in a twisted attempt to defend, Swirlix uses its cute demeanor and swertness to trick prey into getting stuck in its fur, Mawile uses deception heavily so it can strile with its jaw like horns...
>>
>>32729115
Latios and Latias are more Psychic and Dragon than Light. Just because something uses light doesn't make that the most fitting choice. Latios and Latias use their psychic powers to fly, communicate, etc. At the very least you could have used Luster Purge and Mist Ball, heavily light based moves, as reasoning over invisibility

Likewise with Mr Mime and Mime Jr, they use psychic powers to make the screens and barriers. Nothing about them is light besides the name of one move, Light Screen

Jirachi is more a fairy than a light or psychic thing
>>
>>32727217
Mawile disagrees.
>>
>>32727164
If there was going to be a new type, Sound would be the most sensible one considering there are already entire mechanics centered around sound moves.
>>
>>32729115
I've thought of it as a "good" type, not a literal light type.
>>
>>32731129
Yup. Also because Fairies are pagans.
>>
>>32731129
Considering it's the most OP type with next to no disadvantages, yes.
>>
>>32731357
But I was never a supporter of the sound type.

Besides, the original post was a shitpost.
>>
>>32727164
how we fix the balancing with the existing types before we toss in another one

like Ice being a joke, and fairy being borderline broken.
>>
>>32728036
And immune to Sound type
>>
>>32731664

Fairy itself is a mediocre type

The thing is that most Fairies have broken abilities and/or stats that would make any Pokemon good
>>
>>32731714
I did post some before this.
>>
Why does this thread reek of reddit
>>
>>32731969
I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm new.
>>
>>32731900
Immunity to one of the best coverage types, weak only to two typically defensive types... At least defensively, it seems at worst average
>>
>>32727164
I thought that Diantha's whole shtick was that all Pokemon were "light" type. Pokemon raised by trainers with good intentions bring out the best. And we already had Shadow Pokemon from Colloseum that were rebellious and poorly raised.
>>
>>32731900
what >>32732435 said and being SE against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting is huge.

Fairy as a type is OP as fuck.

I'm ok with fairy being defensively great, but offensively it should be neutered a bit.
>>
>>32731714
Ice needs to resist bug, water; remove weakness to fighting, and rock.

Fighting needs to hit Fairy for neutral.

Did I improve the type chart?
>>
>>32727164
"OP" Type
Resists
>Bug
>Dark
>Fighting

Weak to
>Poison
>Steel

Immune to
>Dragon

Resisted by
>Fire
>Poison
>Steel

Strong against
>Dark
>Dragon
>Fighting
>>
>>32732989
Ice can't resist water.

Specific heat.

Learn about it and stop being a retard.
>>
>>32731149
Then tell me why Jigglypuff, Marill, Dedenne, Swirlix, Spritzee, Snubbull, Mr. Mime, Diancie, Cottonee, Mimikyu and all of their evolutionary families are Fairy type if it's not because either 1) it's cutesy, or 2) it's pink. That's right, you can't. Just admit it, the Fairy type is a mess and only half of it actually fits the theme of being "magical", the rest are just there for no proper reason.
>>
>>32731321
I never said they should be pure Light type. I wanted them to be Psychic/Light. I am welæ aware that their Psychic typing is warranted and not just smacked on to them for no reason (like their Dragon typing is). Also good point on their signature moves.
>>
>>32732963
Make it not SE against Fighting and it's fixed. That shit never made sense anyway.
>>
>>32733029
If Ice is made of Water, and Water resists Water, shouldn't Ice resist Water too?
>>
Fairy should've been light type
Too late for it at this point
Also this is terribly balanced
>>
>>32734040
Fairy should have been Magic type. Maybe the name would've made Gamefreak treat it properly and not just smack it onto whatever the fuck they please.
>>
>>32734037
There are people itt who will defend water resisting ice but will say ice resisting water makes no sense
>>
>>32734047
I'd say they're more "mystical" than "magical"
>>
>>32734060
Should've been magical-focused though. Would've been much better than the weak "anything goes" we have now.
>>
>>32734060
What in the actual fuck is the difference?
>>
>>32734068
I agree
>>32734071
Magical attributes vs Mystical attributes, hard to explain
>>
>>32734071
"Magic" is more a more narrow theme than just "mystical".
>>
“I am /vp/ the Wise, /vp/ the type-maker, /vp/ of many theories!”

I looked then and saw that his posts, which had seemed light, were not so, but were woven of all types, and if he moved they shitposted and changed topic so that the eye was bewildered.

“I liked normal better,” I said.

“Normal!” he sneered. “It serves as a beginning. Normal Exploud may be sound. The alien Clefairy can be cosmos; and the Porygon would be light.”

“In which case it is no longer normal,” said I. “And he that breaks a type to find out what is balanced has left the path of wisdom.”
>>
>>32734133
Fairy is still dumber than some of those
>>
>>32734133
>the Porygon would be light
Are there seriously people who wants Porygon to be Light type?
>>
>>32731321
Still fits the Mimes better than Fairy tho
>>
>>32728748
Scratching is also a cheap trick. Why isn't Scratch Dark?
>>
>>32734192
>prism
>causes seisures
>adaptability hyper beam gimmick
>>
>>32734207
>it's not a prism
>Pikachu caused the serizures
>so?
>>
>>32734206
Because Gamefreak is lazy.
>>
What if Gamefreak introduced types that were actually supposed to be rare? Types where when you finally found a Pokémon of that typing, the typing alone would make it special and make you want to catch it. Typings you could only find in very specific kinds of areas, instead of anywhere? And would be gimmicky in their matchups and moves, yet not too overpowered.

Would "Rare Types" be a welcomed feature, if it's just one or two?
>>
>>32727436
There are no Pokémon demons.

>Giratin--

That's not a demon.
>>
>>32734453
Hoopa Unbound
>>
>>32734453
>Giratina isn't a demon
If Satan isn't a demon.
>>
>>32734282
That would be cool. I'm thinking something like a Gem type, being the special version of Steel. Rock just doesn't fit Pokémon like Diancie; why would diamonds be weak to Grass and Water? I imagine Gem type Pokémon would be rare and only found on the deepest floors of caves. Pokémon like Gigalith, Carbink, Sableye, Diancie and Mega Steelix would be perfect fits. Probably more. Maybe even Spoink, Grumpig and Clamperl if we count pearls as gemstones (which Japan does). Give them some BST boosts and better moves, and Eviolite Clamperl/Carbink could become a thing.
>>
>>32734282
What about a Mushroom type? We already have a bunch of mushroom Pokémon, and Grass doesn't exactly fit them. I mean come on, a Pokémon with the ability Poison Heal being weak to Poison type moves? That's fuckig retarded. Besides, fungi are a completely different kingdom of species than plants, one of the 3 only kingdoms on the planet to consist of seomthing other than microorganisms. It would just make sense. I'm honestly surprised that we both have Ground, Rock and Steel, and yet no Mushroom type.
>>
>>32734477
Ain't he just a fallen angel or something?
>>
>>32734602
What are demons even? If the lord of demons isn't a demon, are there truly any demons that are demons?
>>
I really hope they never add light or sound typing because I want you all to be disappointed forever.
>>
A "fixer" type needs to be:
SE on water, electric, ghost and fairy,
NVE on ice, bug and flying,
resist water, ghost, fairy and rock,
be weak to ice, flying, psychic and poison.
>>
>>32735142
I don't think electric needs any more weaknesses since no electric mons are remotely bulky anyway.
>>
>>32735223
It needs 1 more. Having only 1 weakness is bullshit.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.