[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In Generation 2, shininess is determined by IVs - specifically,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: f4ckU.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
f4ckU.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>In Generation 2, shininess is determined by IVs - specifically, Speed/Defense/Special must be equal to 10, and Attack must be 2/3/6/7/10/11/14/15. (Note that IVs only go up to 15 in the Game Boy games). Pokebank attemps to take this into account, but gets the role of the Attack and Defense IVs exactly backwards. Meaning, Pokemon that would be shiny in GSC lose their shininess, and other pokemon will gain shininess.

oh boy, i cant wait for the reactions of people trying to move their GSC shinies to SM
>>
I get what the complaint is, but at least shinies that DO come from them won't have garbage stats.
>>
>>32725951
They'll probably patch that. GF is a highly competent after all.
>>
>>32725961
the actual stats will be random on the Gen7 games anyways
>>
>>32725951
That's not how it works though.
If the transfer system works like the RBY one there won't be any problems as long they add a simple bitflag for shininess during the conversion.

The real problem is this in case you care https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ov9HrWOlH0
>>
>>32725988
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ov9HrWOlH0
well, we already know that the stats are random, but with hyper training its not that big of a problem (you can "set" the right nature, which is great)

shinyness (as in gen2s case gender) is the only thing people still care about
>>
File: 1412242892887.jpg (7KB, 173x200px) Image search: [Google]
1412242892887.jpg
7KB, 173x200px
>>32725971
>>
That's a good point OP

I would have been hyped for a crystal rerelease with an actual celebii event so that we can finally have a chance of a legitimate shiny celebii but then you have this shit to deal with
>>
>be that autistic you want a Johto born shiny of your favorite Pokemon
>catch literally every one you run into in the hope one of them will become shiny
I feel sorry for shiny hunters.
>>
>>32726400
____ ______ __.
>>
>>32725951
It will be like Gen 6 and higher did to Azurill's gender after evolving.
>>
bump so people will know
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.