[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendly reminder that Phanpy and Teddiursa along with their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: 231Phanpy_GS.png (46KB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
231Phanpy_GS.png
46KB, 218x218px
Friendly reminder that Phanpy and Teddiursa along with their respective evolutions were swapped in Gold and Silver outside Japan.

Since Phanpy is in Japanese Gold, this just proves that Gold is the superior version.
>>
>>32720696
Donphan needs an evolution. I fucking love him but he sucks so much ass. why do these games do this to me
>>
>>32720696
huh what's going on in this thread?
>>
>>32720717

It's part of a systematic attack on you personally to slowly drive you to become the leader of the Elephant apocalypse, when the elephants rise-up demanding justice. You will be heralded as their queen.
>>
>>32720735
But are they Indian elephants?
>>
>>32720721
OP is reminding everyone of the reason why Gold is better than Silver. He forgot to mention that Silverfags enjoy far worse sprites, too.
>>
>>32720696
i want to put my dick on his trunk
>>
>>32721630
Why?
>>
>>32720741
DESIGNATED
>>
>>32721706
BOWEL-CLEANSING
>>
File: Teddy.png (254KB, 810x1282px) Image search: [Google]
Teddy.png
254KB, 810x1282px
>>32720696
ACTUALLY this just proves Silver is better. Teddiursa line is ten times better than the Phanpy line.
>>
>>32721748
>he likes derpy sprites
Never change, Silver fans.
>>
So they kept the original Japanese exclusives in the remakes, interesting.
>>
Except Teddiursa, Phanpy, and Skarmory are the only three version exclusives worth a damn and that makes Silver the best because it always has two of the three. Though then Crystal has all three, so fuck the others.

Though Teddiursa + Skarmory is a much better pair, so I hope they fix the encounters for the VC.
>>
>>32721654
To see howit smells
>>
>>32720696
WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME SILVER WAS COMING TO VIRTUAL CONSOLE
I JUST SOLD MY 3DS DAMN IT
>>
>>32722283
>Though Teddiursa + Skarmory is a much better pair, so I hope they fix the encounters for the VC.
They won't.

>>32723429
The new 2DS comes out before the games, Anon.
>>
>>32723450
i don't want a new 2ds, i want a gbc classic to be released
>>
Friendly reminder that the only relevant version exclusive is Skarmory and it's in Silver
>>
>>32723519
/thread
>>
>>32723519
>Skarmory
Sasuga, Silver fans.
>>
>>32723519
wait, so no pokemon crystal? wasn't pokemon yellow released?
>>
>>32723543
Red and Green, Blue, Yellow in Japan

Red and Blue, Yellow in the West

yes, the situation with Gold and Silver and Crystal is different

Crystal will come later
>>
>>32720717
Donphan doesn't suck at all.
>>
>>32723543
Crystal was not announced. Could be a marketing reason to wait as Crystal was superior to Gold & Silver in every way.

>Female Protagonist
>catch Teddiursa, Phanpy, Gastly, Poliwag, Growlithe before the first gym
>make multiple apricorn balls in one day
>Ilex Shrine
>Second Egg that has increased chance of shininess
>Battle Tower
>Ice Cave is Ice
>Extremespeed Dratini
>Move Tutor
>>
>>32723610
You forgot the Mobile System GB.
>>
>>32723616
That's related to Ilex Shrine. No Mobile System GB, no GS Ball, no Celebi, no point of having a shrine.
>>
>>32723644
>That's related to Ilex Shrine.
Not at all.
>>
>>32720696
Doesn't both of them being in both versions just even it out, though?
>>
>>32723843
It was a weird swap. The remakes didn't do this.
>>
File: 1365791381932.jpg (211KB, 926x578px) Image search: [Google]
1365791381932.jpg
211KB, 926x578px
>>32721613
Take that back you son of a cunt.
>>
>>32723996
>not posting the superior Crystal sprite
>>
>>32720696
i'm always gonna associate teddiursa with gold and phanpy with silver though... not even the remakes could change that.
>>
>>32723644
There is so much more to the Mobile System than just the Celebi Event.
>>
>>32724056
And it's not even the system that is necessary for the event since they adapted the event outside Japan (including the part where you receive the GS Ball).
>>
>>32723610
You could always catch Gastly before the first gym
>>
>>32724138
Then I must have mistaken it for Zubat.
>>
>>32724195
You could also always catch a Zubat before the first gym.
>>
>>32724204
Hm. I guess I just remember how cool it was to catch either a Zubat or Gastly outside at night.
>>
I think Crystal will be out in November to tie into USM while GS tie into Pokken
The're only doing this because literally no one would buy Gold and Silver if Crystal was an option
>>
>>32723610
>>catch Teddiursa, Phanpy, Gastly, Poliwag, Growlithe before the first gym
you need to add an asterisk... these pokemon were extremely rare, only appeared at certain times of day and some could flee

it wasn't until very recently did I realize that you could catch so many Johto mons early in the game because as a kid I didn't have strategy guides and couldn't play early in the morning (school) and couldn't play late at night (school but also the GBC not having light)

So naturally I missed a lot of shit. Yes, I'm aware that I could play early on weekends and could buy a light to play the GBC with but if you even thought of mentioning that, you're missing the point

In a way, people who say that GSC doesn't have enough Johto mons in Johto are technically wrong but they're kind of right
>>
>>32723553
They aren't gonna port crystal because of the mobile shit it had in Japan
>>
>>32725012
I'd rather deal with certain times of day than 1% Marill encounter rates
>>
>>32725058
I think Teddi and Phanphy have similar encounter rates on top of time of day encounters

I beat Crystal in 2001 and did it several times since. Wasn't until a few months ago did I find out I could get both guys, never encountered them before.
>>
>>32723519

skarmory is such a shitty pokemon though
>>
>>32725076
I get both of them every run of Crystal. It's one of many reasons why I play Crystal instead of HGSS. Marill, Teddiursa, Phanpy, Skarmory, all on the same team, all 5% encounters. And let me tell you, 5% is a world of fucking difference to 1%. Sadly there's no solution to getting Slugma before the credits in any of the five games, but at least Sunkern is a really each encounter in all of them.
>>
>>32720696

Even to this day, I cannot unsee what appears to be Phanpy's gross snaggle tooth.
>>
>>32725034
Which can be easily emulated
>>
>>32720717
I wish it had been part steel
>>
>>32725810
What for?
>>
>>32726405
Ah, I just like the idea of it.
It is "armored" after all.
Plus, I always felt Gen 2 didn't add enough steel and dark types.
I suppose being part steel would make it worse, though.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.