[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain why these are bad games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
Explain why these are bad games
>>
>>32719286
haha, I don't know
>>
they aren't, they served the purpose which was to introduce the Wireless Adapter and older Pokémon to kids in 2004

next question
>>
>>32719286
You have bad taste
>>
>>32719286
They butchered the music and the cross-gen evolutions are pointlessly locked behind post-game. Otherwise they're solid.
>>
>>32719296
I was not saying they were bad games. Should rephrase that. I see vp sometimes hating on this game, just wanted to see why
>>
>>32719286
Shitty gen3 engine
>>
Aside from Anti-Genwunners, FRLG were basically "RB but with with a Gen 3 Skin and no Cross-gen Evolutions until Postgame."
As such, very little was done to actually enhance the experience until postgame other than Gen 3's Mechanics, Charmander learning Metal Claw, Bite being Dark and a single Steel Type Line (Magnemite).
>>
>>32719354
>very little was done to actually enhance the experience
that was never the intention, Masuda himself said that FRLG were focused on simplicity
>>
>>32719286
They aren't. It's HGSS where they started getting really lazy.
>>
>>32719286
best graphics in the series, but butchering cross gen evos was shit.
>have golbat all the time in the team
>defeat league
>ok now get me the two stones for national dex
>golbat levels up
>golbat is going to evolve......huh? It kinda didn´t worked

fuck it.
>>
>>32719381
you mean XY

>>32719387
you didn't play the game, otherwise you would obtain the National Dex and evolve your Golbat
>>
>>32719286
They weren't.
>>
Whenever I see people play gba emulator. These are the games there playing on phones
>>
They're not bad at all, but very uninspired.
>>
>>32719483
yes but that was the point, anon

go read interviews with Masuda, Ishihara, etc. from 2003 and 2004, they clearly laid out what their goals for FRLG were, even before release

them hyping up Colosseum support before it came out on the GameCube also helped
>>
>>32719483
I can see you're i never meant to make it seem like i said these were bad games. I wanted to see why vp has problems with these games
>>
>>32719354
>As such, very little was done to actually enhance the experience until postgame
How is that a bad thing if the post-game is relatively large for a Pokemon game? Also three of the Sevii Islands were accessible before post-game.
>>
Kanto.
>>
>>32719387
>>ok now get me the two stones for national dex
You get the national dex before the stones you retard.
>>
>>32719286
They're solid games. Wish they didn't block off cross-gen evolutions like for the Zubat line where you can't get Crobat until you get the national dex, pretty much blocking it off to post-game.
>>
>>32719521
really? Well the last time I played FR was some years ago. But I still remember how I played on someone elses LG and he didn´t have it but his fucking golbat tried to evolve every time.

Still, it´s stupid that they didn´t had the day/night just to not give the players an espeon or umbreon before obtaining the national dex.

Except for this game is fucking awesome and there is literally no reason to play RBG except you want to see old sprites or listen to old music(FRLG still has the old sound but they added somethings to it)
>>
>>32719567
>Still, it´s stupid that they didn´t had the day/night just to not give the players an espeon or umbreon before obtaining the national dex.
Funnily enough ORAS is the only remake to allow all Eeveelutions without trading.
>>
>>32719567
you can obtain non-RGBY Pokémon in FRLG after getting the National Dex

the time system wasn't implemented because they prolly wanted you to trade with RSE, Colo, and/or XD, not to mention that the original GBA has a screen without lighting anyway so it's pointless when everything is dark all the time
>>
>>32719599
>the time system wasn't implemented because they prolly wanted you to trade with RSE, Colo, and/or XD
What?
How would that affect anything especially since RSE had a time system?
>>
>>32719614
that's the point, you trade with RSE to evolve Eevee into Espeon and/or Umbreon
>>
>>32719307
I'd say any mon being locked behind postgame is retarded. I'd love to breed a Totodile and do a FRLG run with it as my starter. That's why I say RS are on par with Emerald because you can use any mon you want for a play through in RS while in Emerald (and FRLG) you can only use Regional deck guys.

That being said, if not for the aforementioned flaws, Emerald and FRLG would be the two best games in the series easily.
>>
>>32719319
?????
Fastest engine we've ever had. Stop posting.
>>
>>32719286
>it's outdated
>soundtrack not that good
>no no you cant evolve into scizor yeeeet...not til you do that really really long side quest that allows you to have them
>>
>>32719706
>>it's outdated
And yet it's one of the smoothest Pokemon games yet.
>>
They're not. Better remakes than ORAS at least.
>>
>>32719756
>Better remakes than ORAS at least.
ORAS allows you to use non native Pokemon before the postgame through trading/bank or after the expansion to the available mon.
Also had more content too.
>>
File: 1496445817913.gif (1MB, 167x170px) Image search: [Google]
1496445817913.gif
1MB, 167x170px
>>32719286
>Gen 3's awful engine
>No day/night
>Cannot obtain Blissey or Crobat until postgame, even if you meet their evolution requirements beforehand
>Cannot obtain Umbreon or Espeon at all
>Charmander learns Metal Claw at level fucking 7 which makes the early game a joke
>Sevii Islands were short, uninteresting, and added little to the game
>Fame Checker
>No postgame
>>
>>32719483
I can see you're i never meant to make it seem like i said these were bad games. I wanted to see why vp has problems with these games >>32719789
Thank you
>>
>>32719789
Charmander learns Metal Claw at level 13
>>
>>32719789
>>Gen 3's awful engine
>awful
>only gen to have 60fps in every area
The only awful engine was gen 4's one.
>>Cannot obtain Umbreon or Espeon at all
Just like HG/SS and the Gen 4 eeveelutions.
>>
>>32719786
>ORAS allows you to use non native Pokemon before the postgame

The Pokemon available in the game are good enough. And unlike Hoenn, Kanto doesn't have complete shit wild Pokemon distribution

>Also had more content too.
Nope. The post-game islands was actually good new content. ORAS had jack shit to do post game except those shitty tiny mirage islands. FRLG even had a different battle facility instead of just completely copy pasting the one from RS.
>>
>>32719847
>The Pokemon available in the game are good enough.
Dude, the majority of the kanto mons are gutter trash. The ones that could have some legitimate use through evolving are blocked until the postgame.

>ORAS had jack shit to do post game except those shitty tiny mirage islands.
And contests
And bases
And food court battles
And inverse battles
And a real battle facility
And Super training minigames
And Amie minigames
And the Battle test
And several side quests

All FRLG has are seven small islands, three of which you visit during the main game, Trainer tower that requires the player to grind levels in a game with very little places to grind efficiently and an Unown puzzle.
>>
>>32719295
Why are you so gay
>>
>>32719934
because your boipussy is like a Magnemite
>>
>>32719286
I think they're ok games but one shitty thing about them is how there are so many unavailable Pokemon that are also unavailable in RSE, meaning you need those god awful gamecube games to complete the dex in gen 3.
>>
>>32719975
>not like Colosseum and XD
pleb
>>
>>32719789
>Gen 3's awful engine
Gen 3 literally has the best engine in the series. Going as fast as you did on the Mach Bike in any other engine would cause the games to shit themselves.
>>
>>32719981
the last gen with 60fps ;(
>>
>>32719981
Especially gen 4 lol
>>
>>32719994
BW and B2W2 play at 60 FPS in battles.

>>32720002
DPPt and HGSS play at constant 30 FPS, that's better than XY, ORAS, and SM.
>>
>>32719847
>Kanto doesn't have complete shit wild Pokemon distribution
>pidgey, rattata, spearow in every route at high rates
>>
>>32720011
>DPPt and HGSS play at constant 30 FPS
Actually Plat and HGSS drop frames in larger cities like Hearthome and certain attacks can cause a slight drop in all of them.
>>
>>32720055
Sure but you could discount that as occasional hiccups. In current games, it's by design.
>>
>>32719975
Every gen 1-3 Pokemon can be caught in either Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red or Leaf Green. Colosseum/XD simply make it easier to get Pokemon that are otherwise quite awkward to get within those games (Espeon/Umbreon can only be obtained by trading Eevee over to RSE, a lot of gen 2 Pokemon were only available in Emerald's Safari Zone, the Johto starters are only obtainable by beating Emerald, Ho-oh and Lugia are event only).
>>
>>32719843
>>32719981
>>32719994
I'd trade 48 of those frames for a Day/Night cycle
>>
File: 1492588132569.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492588132569.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
>>32719312
/vp/ hates every pokemon game. this is not a board to discuss pokemon but to shit on them.
>>
>>32720094
And that's exactly why SM removed so much shit.
>>
>>32720094
You're not going to have it on the GBA because the original model doesn't allow it to work as it should due to the lack of lighting.

Game Freak wasn't lazy by not implementing, it simply would be counterproductive to do so.
>>
>>32719294
>t.Masuda
>>
>>32719789
metal claw is fucking bad, are you retarded?
>>
>>32719319
When did you find our you were clinically retarded senpai?
>>
easy answer: no physical-special split
>>
>>32720094
RSE did have a day/night cycle, it just didn't have any graphical changes. How do you think Shoal Cave, evolving Espeon/Umbreon and berry growing worked?
>>
>>32720102
The Gameboy didn't have a backlight yet GSC had a visible day/night cycle. Game Freak were just being lazy.
>>
>>32720222
Most people who shit on Gen 3 never actually played it.
>>
>>32720272
There was the Game Boy Light in Japan but anyway.

The Game Boy games use a mostly white background with some layers on top so they're not as dark as a GBA.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.