[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Freak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

File: Game Freak Directors.png (3MB, 1920x3824px) Image search: [Google]
Game Freak Directors.png
3MB, 1920x3824px
So which Game Freak Director is the best, and who do you wish would come back.

And why is pic related the objective truth?
>>
It's about right
>>
File: Tjz0lqv[1].png (56KB, 1089x366px) Image search: [Google]
Tjz0lqv[1].png
56KB, 1089x366px
really fires those neurons
>>
I'd honestly take anyone who's not Ohmori at this point. FRLG also pretty has a pretty good post game. Masuda can make a good post game if the rest of the game is already done for him.
>>
I don't think BW2 were so good that they deserve their own tier above the other two directors in the below category, and I would also put Masuda and Ohomori in the same tier, not separate; they're about even.
>>
>>32719046

but masuda's games are the same as tajiri's games...
>>
>>32719166
he also made XY, your argument is invalid.
>>
>>32719166
based on what?
>>
File: 1483113691658.jpg (75KB, 1023x743px) Image search: [Google]
1483113691658.jpg
75KB, 1023x743px
>>32719046
Ohmori.
I liked both ORAS and SM. I'm hoping he's directing USM.
Plz no bully.
>>
Do we know who the USM director is?
>>
>>32719113
>>32719046

I think the only reason Ohmori became the next director is because ORAS sold more than XY or that he just sucked masudas dick so fucking hard.
>>
>>32719193
>>32719191
Rumor is Masuda is returning to direct, even though last year he was saying he was leaving Game Freak after S/M.

Masuda has literally never done a "third version" before, so we have no idea how this is going to turn out.
>>
>>32719191
Cute

>>32719205
Masuda directed Crystal, unlike what the OP pic implies. Check the in-game credits.
>>
>>32719205
>Rumor is Masuda is returning to direct
I haven't heard any such rumors. The only time this came up was when some autist thought that because Masuda revealed USUM, he must be directing them. Which is just being retarded.
>>
>>32719185

on the gameplay, jesus christ you are so fucking stupid, masuda only added more story but the games are literally the same
>>
Sun and Moon are far better than Diamond and Pearl
>>
>>32719046
I replayed through BW and BW2 and honestly the story is terrible, I don't care if for "pokèmon standards" is good, it still reads like a DA fanfiction put through google translate.
>>
>>32719191
i liked ORAS too but i will never defend it.
>>
>tfw you can't completely hate Ohmori because of Dexnav.

I...I hate to give him the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>32719046
Under the direction of Ohmori we could have more likeable characters, thing that i really like.
I liked SM and i think that the bad things wich Oras has is only because Masuda.
>>
Top Tier
>Black 2 & White 2
>Heart Gold & Soul Silver

High Tier
>Platinum
>Emerald
>Sun & Moon

Mid Tier
>Ruby & Sapphire
>Black & White
>Fire Red & Leaf Green

Low Tier
>Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
>Diamond & Pearl

Bottom Tier
>X & Y
>>
>>32719246
>Story in a childrens game isn't up to my refined taste and standards
Well golly gee, tell me more

Almost every single game is a "chosen one" plot where you stop some goons from fucking with some ancient Pokemon. None of it is exactly riveting.

The reason B2W2 is praised for its story above the rest is because it was less intrusive than BW, while still less obnoxiously childish than the following games.
>>
>>32719191
I want to give Ohmori another chance. I really loved SM, but the flaws with it aren't just a meme. Well, some of the aren't. But I would say that was a mistake made because of they ran out of time.
Ohmori said his main focus was on immersion in SM, but to get that, they had to sacrifice some battle modes. To have the trainer appear in battle for immersion, they had to remake the entire battle system from scratch, which led to some battle modes being cut out. So I'm hoping he's directing USUM. He likes trying new things, and I have loved some of them, so I want to see how he would improve SM.
>>
>>32719264
Possible. From what I understand, Masuda didn't give Ohmori a lot of control with OR/AS, because the remakes were based on Masuda's games.

R/S needed a lot more fixing to be up to 2014 standards, and frankly cutting the Battle Frontier was not the right choice at all.

It almost makes me want to give Ohmori one last chance with a new game in a new region. But at the same time, I'd rather we just went back to the more competant directors, or brought in some new life.
>>
>>32719278
>SM in high-tier
>ORAS worse than RS
You are objectively wrong.
>>
>>32719347
>Sun & Moon
>not high tier
I would have taken that last bit into consideration because it's been a while since I played through either but you already showed from that start that your opinions can't be trusted.
>>
>>32719323
you can't cut the Battle Frontier from RS when the games don't have it
>>
>>32719382
That's the point.

Shigeki Morimoto added literally all of the Crystal additions to HG/SS with the exception of the wild encounter version differences. (Along with a lot more extra content)

Masuda just made sure OR/AS were straight remakes of his games, with a minimal amount of new content, and refused to include any of the previously existing fixes or improvements from Emerald.
>>
>>32719424
>Along with a lot more extra content
like what?

Global Terminal = PCC
Battle Frontier has the Battle Tower
GS Ball didn't return but they reworked it into a new event that follows from the FRLG lore
>>
>>32719382
ORAS is a Hoenn remake. Hoenn has a BF. If ORAS has no BF they're cutting the BF.
>>
>>32719448
>Hoenn remake
you don't remake regions, you remake games

Omega RUBY and Alpha SAPPHIRE are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire

of course, they should've added the Emerald stuff besides making the Mossdeep space center look like a mix of RS and E but still
>>
>>32719363
>shit Pokemon diversity
>shit region
>shit fishing mechanics
>shit villains (at least Aether were shit, Skull weren't too bad)
>shit story (even by Pokemon standards)
>shit post-game (even by 3DS Pokemon standards)
>shit online features
The only way they improved on XY were the visuals, and XY weren't exactly great games to begin with. I guess the supporting cast in SM was slightly better than the retard crew in XY, but again that's hardly an achievement.
>>
>there are still people, nearly 3 years later, defending OR/AS because "It's a RS remake, not an Emerald remake!!!"
>>
>>32719046
Spot on.
>>
>>32719439
A metric shitton of side content brah. Easily the most content of any game, except B2/W2

And speaking of the Battle Tower, yes Crystal had that, so they included it in HG/SS. Then went the extra mile to copy the Platinum facilities too.

OR/AS just copied the fucking Maison. They didn't even change the Kalos NPC's that show up. It was embarrassing.
>>
>>32719191
I thought SM was just as good as XY, and liked ORAS more than both.
I STILL would rather not have Ohmori make games again. ORAS and SM could have been much better.
>>
>>32719520
>could have been much better.
That applies to literally every game. Everything "could" better, i.e. more suited to your taste.
>>
>>32719474
>you don't remake regions, you remake games

It's doing both. If it's leaving out BF it's still leaving out content.

This logic doesn't even work because they STILL mention Emerald shit in the game regardless. They just don't actually go anywhere with it.
>>
>>32719516
>A metric shitton of side content brah. Easily the most content of any game, except B2/W2
you first talked about removed elements and then say this

that's why I'm confused
>>
>>32719476
Pokebarneyfag?
>>
>>32719533
There is almost 0 room for improvement in B2W2, HGSS, Emerald and Platinum. The opposite is true for Ohmori's games (and Masuda's)
>>
ELDERGOD. TCG
1. HG SS
2. BW
3. SM
3. BW2
5. RBGY
6. ORAS
7. Literal dogshit
8. DPP
>>
>>32719424
>Along with a lot more extra content
That's also true for ORAS though. The only thing is, it didn't include content from Emerald specifically. It, in-turn, used XY's content. It's not that it had less game modes than HGSS. It just didn't have Emerald game modes.
And that's justifiable. For HGSS, they had a completed Battle Frontier, which took two years to make, just ready to be copy pasted. They didn't have Emerald's Battle Frontier ready though, which also took 2 years to make in GBA era. Who knows how long it would take in 3D. They didn't have the time. It just wasn't possible.

So they had no choice but to cut Emerald frontier, and instead added content from XY, something that was ready to be copy pasted.
>>
>>32719569
Emerald suffers because there's only so much you can do without needing to redesign Hoenn to make it more enjoyable to traverse, honestly.

Yes I am referring to the water parts.

Platinum could be improved with a modern remake with PokéRide to make HM's less intrusive

HG/SS could maybe have the level curve tweaked a bit, but honestly I find that complain grossely overblown

B2W2 is basically the perfect Pokemon game though
>>
>>32719588
Nice unpopular and wrong opinion.
>>
>>32719588
Lmao I forgot to rank XY cause it was so horrible. Put it at the bottom
>>
>>32719046
XY sold more, so Matsuda
>>
>>32719278
SM should be mid

>>32719564
dont do this, it becomes a thread where everyone is a samefag and everyone who disagrees with you is a shitposter.
>>
>>32719046
I don't care who directs, all I care about is whoever designed the Ultra Beasts, Zygarde's perfect form and Hoopa's unbound form. He/They should keep doing what they're doing.
>>
>>32719931
>>32719476
Fuck off.
>shit region
No really. Fuck off.
>>
>>32719497
There's nothing to hate about ORAS unless you're a battle frontierfag
>>
>FireRed and Leafgreen
>No Postgame

U wot m8?
>>
>>32719588
yes, i tried play platinum, and was very tedious
>>
>>32719194
Ohmori's most likely Matsuda's protege and is planning to take over Matsuda's position as he's getting close to that retirement age.
>>
>>32723425
Ohmori has been there since RS
>>
>>32719205
Then, it's going to be shit.
>>32719210
Well, Crystal is pretty much the worst 3rd version. Hardly has anything new to make it worth playing over GS. At least Yellow gives you the 3 starters.
>>
>>32724100
But that's false. And Yellow isn't even a third version.
>>
>>32721944
Not that anon but fuck you too. The region was shit. Small and empty as fuck. Almost as bad as Kalos. The only thing it had going for it was the looks.
I don't agree with him on the story though. I thought the story was good.
>>
>>32724107
Well, it's a 4th version then. Same shit.
>>
>>32719046
I can't disagree desu, other than the "no postgame" point with Masuda. FRLG had great postgames, and original DP had some postgame (although plat had way more)
>>
>>32719046
>Ohmori worst than masuda

Opinion discared
>>
File: 1496660530127.jpg (125KB, 637x476px) Image search: [Google]
1496660530127.jpg
125KB, 637x476px
>>32719113
>people don't have time for our game so were not gonna flesh it out as much as we can

THAT'LL DEFINITELY MAKE ME PLAY IT GOOD IDEA
>>
Kylo

Best game fun in my opinion story and otherwise

Autist is nice for Nostalgia's sake and Masuda is just fun all around
>>
>>32719046
I actually completely agree with this list. Im willing to bet most of the anons in this thread are just autistically shitslinging their favorite games without thinking of what makes the best parts of a pokemon game
>>
Top two are accurate without any need for more elaboration. Tajiri is a bit above Masuda in my opinion because the first two generations had the best approach to the world and aesthetics though the latter can probably be attributed more just to Sugimori at the time. Masuda is alright, his main hang-up is that he's always stuck setting the framework which always leads to an underwhelming game, the one time he did more than that was pretty good. Ohmori both fucked up a remake and fucked up laying framework even with the usual expectations of such games, so I don't want to see him in the director's chair ever again. I can only hope whoever is in charge of USUM is someone as good as the top two, because SM will need it.
>>
>>32719046
>always feel like B/W2 are somehow different than every other game
>never really try to sort it out, just love the games and unable to escape the feeling that theyre of a greater quality
>still enjoy the other entries in the series but W/B2 only ones i can replay over and over other than the nostalgic replay for Gen 2
>B/W2 only games i take to college to try nuzlocke over and over in between classes. Never had the desire to play the games outside of a comfy home setting other than this
>see this

>ive been needing to worship this nips work and shitpost in his glory all these years and didnt know
>>
>>32719046
Honestly, I'd like to see Satoshi come back and take a crack at it.

Pokemon's fallen into this stagnant, un-improving ditch. SM were supposed to be a huge shift, what with getting rid of gyms, and going full 3D, but it was more of the same, really. It's sad when RBGY were more open ended/less linear than modern games.

I dont know if theyd necessarily be good games if Satoshi directed with modern tech and standards, but itd be a nice mix up at the least.
>>
OrAs was still heavily supervised by Masuda - he out right brags about the stuff people hate. Meanwhile, Ohmori was the one who came up with things like the Dexnav. Sun and Moon was Ohmori's first outing with minimal Masudaing, and I think he just choked. I'm waiting til Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon before deciding on if he sucks or not. Three strikes

Also, outside of the neutered post game, OrAs really isn't that bad. Better than XY
>>
>>32725806
Most likely USUM is someone else and Ohmori is on Gen VIII.
>>
>>32725835
Well no matter what it is, whatever Ohmori's next game would be his last chance. OrAs had the excuse of Masuda being a fuck and breathing down his neck, SM had the excuse of his first full on games being the 20th anniversary ones and on a time line causing him to choke and make bad decisions in spots. Whatever he does next, he should have more breathing room and no reason to freeze up, especially as he's already been through the wringer
>>
File: 1382481829641.jpg (342KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1382481829641.jpg
342KB, 1000x800px
>>32719113
>"Let's make it not as good so they won't want to play it as often"
>>
>>32725806
>>32725844
Your taste is garbage and Sun and Moon's style is going to be the series' staple from now on. If you've got a problem with it, you may aswell drop the series.
>>
1 and 2 are pretty interchangeable but yeah this is correct. If Unno had a more prolific catalogue of games directed with the same quality as BW2 then yeah he'd be GOAT, but Morimoto consistently delivered- even if all he did was capitalize on the shortcomings of the games which he remade... It's a stupidly easy thing that other directors for some reason just can't grasp.
>>
Marimoto, HGSS where incredible games
>>
>>32719113
FUCK MASUDA ALL I WANT IS MY FUCKING BATTLE FRONTIER YOU SHITWIT
>>
>>32719205
If this is true my hope, optimism, and hype are all destroyed in one strike. Masuda only spells lack of new content and postgame.
>>
>>32719278
>Sun & Moon
>High
>Above Black & White
'No'
>>
>>32719564
Fuck off with this meme shitty autist
>>
>>32719113
>we didn't put something entirely optional in the game because muh smartphones

Lazy fuck.
>>
>>32719113
>tfw no bf
>>
>>32727873
"Yes"
>>
>>32719113
haha, delete this XD
>>
>>32719113
This can't be fucking real
>>
>>32729970
SM are not as bad as XY, but BW is probably the best inital pair of games of any generation. That's not that high of an achievement though. We all know third versions surpass any inital pair.
>>
>>32719278
close, fixed some shit

Top Tier
>Black 2 & White 2
>Heart Gold & Soul Silver
>Emerald

High Tier
>Platinum
>Fire Red & Leaf Green

Mid Tier
>Ruby & Sapphire
>Black & White
>Sun and Moon

Low Tier
>X and Y
>Diamond & Pearl

Bottom Tier
>Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
>>
>>32719046
no matter how you look at it.

Emerald and Platin will be the best pokemon games forever.
>>
>>32725643
Ditto. They're so fun, polished, and satisfying to play.
>>
>>32724100
Crystal had online in Japan
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.