[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon US/UM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

File: 1496880942505.png (387KB, 754x536px) Image search: [Google]
1496880942505.png
387KB, 754x536px
This is the first time I've seen so many people hate on a new Pokémon game announcement. What's funny Is that the majority wanted these new games for the Switch which would have been a fucking mistake financially speaking.
I genuinely believe Pokémon Ultra Sun/Moon could become the first Pokémon games to not sell THAT good.
>>
>>32714440

Wasn't B2W2's sells pretty meh?
>>
>>32714440
Pokken DX is already do better preorder wise than USUM is. They're expecting people to pay up another 40$ for a copy of Sun and Moon again after it was one of the worst Pokemon games ever made for a system where pirating games is incredibly easy. It's a huge mistake especially since third versions/squeals have always sold far lower amounts than the original games.

The only reason making them for Switch would have been a mistake is because Nintendo can't produce them fast enough to meet demand. If it weren't for that still making them for 3DS would have been retarded because these game aren't going to pass 10 million units sold.
>>
>>32714440
>they fell for the buy switch on launch date meme
>>
>>32714440
Just ignore. As you said, these "fans" who expected USM to come out on Switch are casuals who 1) still believe it's Nintendo who handles the Pokemon games 2) don't know GameFreak wouldnt switch (>carlos) systems mid generation and 3) Pokemon sells much more than there are currently Switch systems avaliable on the market, which would only artificially bottleneck the sales. GameFreak did a good decision not releasing USM on Switch no matter what Nintendrones believe.
>>
>>32714440
They haven't made enough Switches to put a mainline Pokemon game on it yet, it would be a waste. It would be the same as releasing a movie ONLY in 3D, the audience isn't large enough. They would be missing out on way too many potential sales.
>>
>>32714515
Yep, pretty much.

Gen 8 could very well be on the Switch, but that's at least 2 years away.
>>
>>32714440
I'm not surprised that it isn't for Switch, I'm more disappointed that they're still supporting 3DS instead of taking a gap year to let Switch build up a playerbase.

I know it doesn't technically affect me negatively, it just feels like a waste and I'm really disinterested.
>>
>>32714440
>majority
Loud minority you mean

There are about 3 million Switches compared to about 67 million 3DSes (projected 70 million by the end of the next fiscal year) on the market right now. Also, contrary to what internet might lead you to believe, Pokemon demographic doesn't consist primairly of entitled manchildren who write butthurt blog entries masked as vidya articles whenever a game they want comes out on a system they don't like.
>>
File: 1496884583720.jpg (253KB, 3000x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1496884583720.jpg
253KB, 3000x1800px
>>32714458
Sold more than Platinum, which sold more than Emerald, which sold only slightly, very slightly, less than Crystal. Of course, they also didn't sell that much better each time, but it was still noticeably more, despite the overall stability of the main releases. BW2 even sold more despite BW selling less than DP. They're also selling around 7 million each time, which even for Pokemon is not chump change, especially for a version that's just the same games with some new bells and whistles.
>>
>>32714440
>Forbes
>>
>>32714440
Financially speaking, it's a bit of a double-edged sword. Logically speaking, it's just retarded in general.

>Can't afford to make a game for the Switch in a reasonable amount of time to help boost sales
>Assets and refining already aimed to make 3DS versions marginally better
>People clearly want to invest in the Switch, but don't want to jump the shark without a good reason

The only chance Nintendo/GF has to redeem themselves is to have an ace in the hole ready for E3 that they haven't discussed with us yet. But you know the odds of that happening are hella unlikely.
>>
>>32714645
Nintendo would redeem themselves if they made an actual handheld successor.
>>
>>32714440

but...pokemon is made by game freak...
>>
>>32714608
aren't there only so many 3ds because autistes buy every special 3ds like the pikachu one or the eevee one ???
>>
>>32714440
Who's the autistic faggot that made that article? Shouldn't they know the Switch just came out and GF wasn't focused on it yet?

Maybe that's not true though
>>
File: cannot afford a 3DS.png (35KB, 1039x220px) Image search: [Google]
cannot afford a 3DS.png
35KB, 1039x220px
There would still be tears if it went on the Switch because Nintendo would be "forcing" them to spend money on a new system.
>>
>>32714683
That cannot possibly account for a significant portion of sales, just like people buying both versions does for overall sales. How many people do you think are doing this?
>>
>>32714440
There's a lot of things wrong with your post
>>
>implying Ultra Sun(US)/Ultra Moon(UM) isn't just a quick gap filler money grab to buy them time for the switch games development.
I bet half of the shit added to usum was cut contenct from Sun(S)/Moon(M)
>>
>>32714440
Mainline Pokemon games have always been released on Nintendo handheld consoles, so why the fuck are there people bitching about not getting it on home consoles now?
When did this shit even start?
An unbelievable amount of cocksockets are bitching everywhere now, bitching how they feel betrayed that a Pokemon game isn't coming to the Switch. Are these people fucking retarded?
>>
>>32714440
You're going to be wrong sir
>>
I'm sure gen VIII is going to be on Switch, it's also marketed as a handheld and there's no point in having two handhelds.
The article in OP is amusing because it lacks any common sense, though.
>>
>64 gets a Pokemon Battle Simulator
>Gamecube gets cool doubles battles oriented game with its own story AND is a Pokemon Battle Simulator
>Wii gets a beautiful Pokemon Battle Simulator, more focus on the battles
>Wii U gets uhh Pokken, nothing to do with the mainline method of Pokemon battling
>Switch gets shat on

Why was Gamecube the best platform for home console Pokemon?
>>
Black and White 2 were flops.

Ultra shit and ultra crap will follow suit.

Game freak needs stop fooling around.

VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET.
>>
>>32714812
Idk
>>
File: 1473565432639.jpg (35KB, 263x271px) Image search: [Google]
1473565432639.jpg
35KB, 263x271px
>>32714498
>USUM
>>
The biggest problem isn't that the game isn't on the Switch as much as it is that the 3DS is really struggling to handle these games. XY / ORAS were already choking whenever there were more than two mons on the field, and then S/M adds trainer models onto the field to clog everything up even worse. Sometimes all it takes is one mon to shit up the framerate, eg. bug pokemon with rapidly moving wings like Beedrill, or certain models with a lot of polygons like Mega Rayquaza. Unless GF have figured out a way to triple the efficiency of their engine then I'm sure USUM will be just as bad or even worse. 3DS pokemon models are actually pretty well detailed, they've got about as many polygons as models in your typical PS3 game, all they'd have to do was have it in HD and slap on some nicer textures and they'd be a good way to having it be presentable on the Switch. They could have had it on 3DS as well but for them not to have it on Switch was just an incredibly poor decision.
>>
>>32714440
>switch is a console
>nintendo never states otherwise or that is the successor to the 3ds
>kimishima says a 3ds successor is coming
>people continue to buy switches thinking it's a conglomeration of both handheld and console
>get mad when handheld games dont come to their home console

wtf. no matter how much you keep thinking or saying it, it isnt going to manifest itself into something it isnt
>>
>>32714828
>3DS pokemon models are actually pretty well detailed, they've got about as many polygons as models in your typical PS3 game
I still don't understand why they don't just take those models, reduce the polys a bit, then put those ones in the game. Having future proof models for a few gens is a good idea, but the actual high polymodels themselves don't have to be in the game itself. Especially on an underpowered system like the 3DS with the resolution it has.
>>
>USUM

More like: UMUS not buy

I saw 'Different story' and currently I am just thinking this is just an alternate story and not Part 2.
>>
>>32714843
See you in the E3 fag
>>
File: IMG_3542.jpg (50KB, 445x790px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3542.jpg
50KB, 445x790px
>>32714796
>saying the switch gets shat on literally 3 months after console release

Might as well kill yourself right now that way you won't impatiently bitch about death aswell
>>
>>32714839
>kimishima says a 3ds successor is coming
source
>>
>>32714812
>b2w2 were flops

>Actually sold better than 3rd versions like Platinum, Emerald, and Crystal

Anon is a fucking chimpanzee with a keyboard
>>
>>32714881
He is
But gen 5 was a flop in general
>>
>>32714706
It's funny how BTFO this guy was because >>32714609 shows xy were the best selling mainline games since gold and silver
>>
>>32714609
>Pokemon Sapphy Version
>>
>>32714881
For a sequel that's piss poor.

You can't compare them to the likes of emerald or platinum. Those are just incremental upgrade third version games.

B/W2 are essentially new games. Not to mention they are TWO separate games combined to sales of one.

You are the nigga with a keyboard.
>>
>>32714957
>sequel
You're not comparing them to GSC, are you? The only other sequels in the series? And certainly not saying any main game in general counts as a sequel, correct?

They're "essentially" new games only because they're not a literal retread of BW with a new legendary in the plot. The vast majority of the overall game is the same. There were a few new areas added, a few new forms, but the majority of the resources both graphical and coding-wise are the same. What /vp/ likes about the games also doesn't appeal to many consumers either, considering what was in XY through SM. They're simply not that much more attractive customers than any other updated version. Most people want new Pokemon or a shiny remake of their nostalgic generation.

Combining two separate games also doesn't boost it nearly as much as you think. Unless you're saying millions of people bought both versions. Not to mention BW and BW2 are designed such that you only really need one of the originals and one of the sequels. All of this doesn't matter anyway, because sales are sales. It's not like it was super expensive to make the differences between B2 and W2.
>>
>>32714957
>calling black 2 and white 2 new games

They essentially built upon the infrastructure if B/W using the same characters but editing the story, making it a more elaborate 3rd version with a different story. The games didn't sell well because of marketing and not reviews.

Pls use google for once in your life rather than talking out of your ass
>>
>>32714440
I just don't understand why people who wanted Stars are getting angry since they basically got what they want aside the Switch and name part.

Were these people not even born when BW and BW2 released?
>>
>>32714608
No majority is right.
You can't go strictly by units sold when the people complaining were people who are on the fence about buying the switch to begin with.
>>
>>32715076
>majority
There's literally no way to know, but as a rule in a franchise like Pokemon it's not a good idea to take the bitching of people in the forums as the majority opinion. Especially since people have been bitching for years and there's been no major changes in the sales for generations.

The Switch also doesn't need any sort of booster shot for sales, considering it's selling out as fast as it's being restocked and they cannot make them fast enough with the competition for mobile parts. Acting like the Switch needs a mainline Pokemon game announcement right now is completely baseless.
>>
>>32715109
>but as a rule in a franchise like Pokemon it's not a good idea to take the bitching of people in the forums
Except it's not just forums is it.
From Facebook to tumblr, YouTube and twitter there are people who wanted to buy a mainline pokemon game on the switch.
>>
>>32715062

These games struggle hard on 3DS. I know a little FPS drop isn't the end of the world but it is pretty annoying, it's not like I'm playing a MMORPG on a shitty computer. A bigger issue for me is that "alternative story" makes me think of Crystal/Emerald version of SM. I didn't think GF would go for another third, improved version of a game again. Anyone remember the "only autists would pay money for XY because we all know they will be shit and then GF will release a third version" trolls on here before XY release?

Of course, I'm talking out of my ass. We have only 20 seconds of footage and for all I know it's a brand new story like BW2.
>>
I'm still a bit confused how a regular Pokémon game would work on the switch. Call me a dumbass if I'm wrong, but with the new stuff they put in wouldn't out need two screens?
>>
>>32715130
And those people are wrong
Wait another year
>>
>>32715140
>but with the new stuff they put in wouldn't out need two screens?
No anon. Believe it or not there was a time that Pokemon was on systems with one screen.
That said as of SM there are very little games that make use of the touchscreen.
>>
>>32715141
Of course they were wrong you idiot. A switch game isn't feasible in this amount of time.
The point is here that Switch owners weren't the ones who wanted it on the system but people who wanted to buy the system for Pokemon.

You do realise it's games that sell the system and not the other way around right?
>>
>>32715151
The only thing in SM that's not brain dead easy to translate is the fact that the battle menu is entirely on the lower screen. Pokemon battles have made use of having an entire screen just for the field and the Pokemon's health for 3 gens now. But it's been done before and other JRPGs have continued to make do any way, so it's not really any kind of actual problem.
>>
>>32714826
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/usum/
>>
>>32715140
I know there was a time with one screen, but like 32715165 said they're used a lot in the modern games.

>>32715165
Huh, now I kinda wanna see how that'd work out. I don't play that many other JPRPGS, so I guess I learned something new today.
>>
>>32714440
Reminder that the earliest a time a Pokemon game launched on a system was about 2 years after release. Gameboy was out for 7 years, GBC was out in 98 for Crystal in 2000, GBA was March 2001 and RS was November 2002, DS was 2004 with DP in 2006, 3DS was 2011 and XY was 2013.

We'll see Pokemon on the Switch in late 2018 at the earliest. Most likely later though.
>>
>>32714943
>FireReen
>>
>>32714645
>Can't afford to make a game on Switch
Maybe if they charged $200 for it then they could profit off of those 1.5 million purchasers
>>
>>32714739
>Switch
>Home console

choose one, they don't sound good together
>>
>>32715406
It's a portable home console anon.
>>
File: squirrel-disapproves-hmpf[1].jpg (29KB, 500x523px) Image search: [Google]
squirrel-disapproves-hmpf[1].jpg
29KB, 500x523px
>>32714440
>3DS already being phased out
>emulator nowhere near ready yet
Fucking bullshit this is. I remember playing gen4 on emulator before B2W2 came out. Why the fuck is the 3DS so hard to emulate?
>>
>>32715440
Devs can't make shekles from it son so they don't care any more
>>
>>32715470
Are you implying that PCSX2 and PPSSPP devs make money off their emulators? Because I sure as shit don't give them any, yet they still keep shitting out newer versions with higher compatibility.
>>
Blame Stars.

People convinced themselves that Stars was going to be a port of S/M on the Switch (could have released Stars on both systems)

Everything about the Ultra SuMo announcement was a mistake. That quick 5 seconds during the Pokken Trailer, that "alternate story" wording, showing nothing that screams NEW besides Necroma cut&pasted on the legendaries.

Considering X/Y and ORAS never got 3rd versions even though it felt like they could have expanded more, Ultra just feels like a quick cashgrab because they couldn't make a new game in time.
>>
File: 1385939083193.jpg (8KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
1385939083193.jpg
8KB, 241x209px
>>32715505
>ORAS never got 3rd versions
>remakes getting updated versions
Also
> Ultra just feels like a quick cashgrab
>Stars as just a port of SM to the Switch isn't
>>
It's not on the switch because it would interfere with mario. You don't release two system sellers at once dickheads, you space them out and sell more systems in the long terms. You'll never be jews at this rate.
>>
>>32714498
>a system where pirating games is incredibly easy
the GBA was the golden age of piracy, you fucking mong
>>
>>32715440
Because it:
- Is way more complex.
- Is the first nintendo handheld with a proper OS.
- Has three different CPUs and a graphics card.
- Had tonnes of unbreakable (until recently) cryptography.
- Is closer in power to your regular PC than the DS ever was.
- Doesn't carry things over from previous consoles, except for DS mode. (The DS shared a lot of technical similarities to the GBA, for example)
- Doesn't have as many people interested in creating an emulator.

The only currently existing WiiU emulator is closed source, and hasn't existed for more than a year, for fuck's sake. I wouldn't expect anything for the Switch to pop up until there's methods to homebrew it, which will take a few years already anyway, and then at least 4 more to develop an emulator that works decently fast with all games.
>>
>>32714440
>the majority wanted these new games for the Switch
No. No, they didn't.
Those who wanted it on 3DS, which is the vast majority of people, are happy with it. They have nothing to bitch about, so you just aren't noticing it. Those who did want it on 3DS, though, are crying really loudly, so you just notice them more than the rest. Case in point, pretty much every single artist I follow on Twitter is excited about this, and while some mentioned how they wanted it on Switch, none were hating on it for this.

Similar thing happen when BW2 were announced. There were threads on the reddit board everyday bitching about it not being on 3DS, which was followed by literally everyone explaining why they weren't on 3DS and how they were happy it was still on DS. But even if literally everyone understood and were happy with it, the one faggot who made the thread attracted more attention than those explaining shit to him.

So don't worry about the sales. It'll do just fine.
>>
>>32716351
/thread
>>
>>32716054
Correction the DS was the golden age of piracy.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.