[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

admit it, they were good.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

File: legendary pokemon - x and y.jpg (246KB, 1868x1064px) Image search: [Google]
legendary pokemon - x and y.jpg
246KB, 1868x1064px
admit it, they were good.
>>
File: trash.png (10KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
10KB, 480x320px
In retrospect yes.

After the pieces of shit that is Sun and Moon Watching paint dry i snow suddenly entertaining
>>
>>32713972
of course they were

They are my 2nd favorite games of all time after platinum
>>
Well I can say that I didn't hate them. They were OK. Better than D/P for sure.
>>
They needed a third version to be good.
>>
I liked SM better
>>
I enjoyed them a lot when they first came out. However at that time I was expecting them to close up loose ends in a sequel/third game and had no other main series 3D Pokemon game to compare it with. I think I'm in the minority (at least on this board) who liked SM, and in my opinion it makes X and Y completely forgettable
>>
They were okay, but felt unfinished and the plot really halfassed. The gang of sidekicks was pretty insufferable and Calem/Serena were shit rivals. The new pokemon were good, though. Really suffered from not having a third version. Overall, not terrible, but pretty weak.
>>
File: 1485215053624.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485215053624.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>32713972
I don't remember a damn thing about XY's plot it's so forgettable. Gameplay wise despite it being easy as sin it was better than SM which difficulty is really the only thing it did right and was a step backwards with everything else other than presentation.
>>
File: PSS.png (155KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
PSS.png
155KB, 320x240px
>>32713991
Are you me?
I know X gets a lot of hate around here, but I really liked it as a gen starter. All the new additions to the series ended up being some of my favorites, like the PSS for easy trading and battling, Amie and Super Training, and Serena's customization. I also preferred Maison to any other Battle Tower, even if it's kind of barebones compared to a full-fledged Frontier.
>>
>>32713972
I didn't liked them at all.
Stopped right after i beat the E4, maybe that's the problem.
ORAS and SM are just more entertaining for me.

Still, they derserve a third version at the very least.
>>
>>32713972
Nah. I'll admit they're easy and quick to play through and that their level design is better than SM but nothing else.
>>
It's the ciiiiiiiiircle of mons
new gen's always shiiiiiiiit
the one before thaaaat was okaaaaaay
and the third youngest's GOOOOOAAAT
>>
>>32713972
XY were okay games, but still some of the worst in the series. It's not like there have ever been terrible Pokemon games though, unless Pokemon's just not for you, or you have high standards.
>>
>>32714149
gamefreak has an amazing track record of releasing shit game after shit

its not short of remarkable
>>
>>32714189
just a random question, what's your opinion on black and white? asking for a friend
>>
>>32714204
worst games bar sun and moon
>>
File: pika please.png (198KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
pika please.png
198KB, 500x273px
>>32714149
it's a vicious cycle but someone's gotta do it.
>>
>>32713972

>good
>only games in the series that didn't get some sort of enhanced release

LOL!
>>
I liked them more than most, it seems.The only complaint I have about x/y is that the cover legends and zygarde didn't get much limelight, and the plot could've been so much more. It would've been interesting to encounter xerneas in a forest, or yveltal in a barren wasteland, for example. Instead, well we got what they gave us. A third game was needed for x/y.
>>
>>32713972
Only ones I wasn't able to finish because they were so dull
>>
>>32713972
these and sun and moon were hot trash
>>
>>32713972
Team Flare outside of crybaby Lysandre was ass.
Gen 6 is probably my least liked generation, but I still enjoyed the games, even though the second half of the game shit itself and the pacing got all out of wack. The beginning was really strong though, and if Gamefreak kept that pacing for the entire game, it probably would have been the best games in the series, even with its lack of postgame.
>>
>>32713972
Is it weird I had more fun with blue on bc than I did with x?
>>
>>32714149
Fuck off, I still think XY are shit. The only generation I warmed up to after its release was Gen V and that was because I had a really negative reaction to "no new mons." I ended up liking Gen V by the time I finished BW2, and I can appreciate BW1 a lot more now.
>>
File: 1482961296467.jpg (9KB, 261x179px) Image search: [Google]
1482961296467.jpg
9KB, 261x179px
>>32714370
Not really, they're my two least favorite games but I can see how you can feel that way. On one hand you've got an incredibly flawed game that while still playable is a drag to get through and on the other you have a game that's way too easy with a boring story, shit rivals, shit villains, and a forgettable region. XY is more insulting because it's much later and doesn't have the "it's the first in the series" excuse. At least there's a charm with how simple and flawed the first games are while XY is just a bad game from a company that's done better.
>>
>>32713972
No. No they were not.
The only thing they had over S/M was that they were finished games. Which is something that should be expected instead being a point in its favor.
>>
We could've gotten sequels according to the datamine years ago, but those two placeholders were dropped. .i blame terrorism that occured in France.
>>
>>32714246
X and Y were fine. They don't need an enhanced release like the other games.
>>
>>32713972
Yeah they were good. Not great, but good. Just like Sun and Moon.
>>
>giant man thats immortal

they ran out of ideas on this game
>>
No. Gen 6 was, by far, the worst generation and a massive step down from Gen 5.
>>
XY are good for what they were, an unfinished pair of opening games for a generation. It's a shame they didn't get a fleshed out third version or sequel, they were probably the games that needed it the most out of all the first game pairs just because of how unfinished they were. Would have been gen 6's saving grace and probably would have changed a lot of people's opinions about the 3D era.
>>
>>32713972
They were unironically good
>>
Graphical leap alone should make them one of the hallmarks of the series.

Not to mention the robust online capabilities.

The only thing that was lacking is post game.
>>
>>32713972
Everything up to the 3rd gym was pretty good.

Everything after was paced by a fucking schizophrenic on speed, fucking awful. Atrocious pacing alongside weak characters that are all shoved down your throat and up your ass and a nonsensical plot that wasn't even fun in the ridiculous team galactic way totally killed the games for me.
>>
>>32713972
Nah, they're still not that good. There are some good things about them though.

>Trainer customization
>PSS
>The Pokemon
>>
>>32714472

lmao that's so incorrect though, XY desperately needed a third game to actually have a completed product

it's the same shit as SM but at least SM is getting a third version
>>
>>32714444
Coming back to this thread and now realizing I HAD FUCKING QUADS AND NO ONE CHECK'D THEM!
>>
>>32714887
>Atrocious pacing alongside weak characters that are all shoved down your throat and up your ass

Bullshit, say what you want about XY but they werent shoving characters down your throat at all. Any cutscenes were usually short and not annoying. Its not SM where you get a long cutscene with Lillie or Hau every 5 fucking steps
>>
>>32714947
They were completely shoving your little autistic group of friends down your throat. Just because it's even more egregious in SM doesn't change the fact that it was still a constant fucking thing in X and Y. It was pratically every other goddamn route. If it was only 1 character then at least they'd probably be developed instead of four shitty cardboard cutouts with walking meme personalities.
>>
>>32713972
I thought they were okay at best when I first played them but playing through them a second time made me appreciate them more. It still looks like shit and feels unfinished but it had some nice aspects (like the huge Pokemon diversity and the PSS). It's certainly better than Sun/Moon, although that's not exactly difficult.
>>
>>32713972
They are. And they're even better than ORAS.
>inb4 muh frontier
There are other problems and you know it.
>>
>>32713972

I wanted to disagree, but you're right. Looking back on it, I enjoyed XY a lot more than I did SM. It's the game I played the most after ORAS. I did tons of shit on it after I finished the league. After I was done with SM's main story, I felt content but I didn't feel like continuing or going back to it. I still haven't caught any of the ultra beasts. I guess SM's story is enjoyable but Alola is boring as shit.
>>
>>32715707
>After I was done with SM's main story, I felt content but I didn't feel like continuing or going back to it.
This right here, in my opinion, illustrates what exactly is wrong with Sun and Moon. With its much more theatric presentation, it leaves the player with little mystery after the ride is over. What was fun about previous pokemon games was that the story was more of a vehicle to explore the world, rather than the world being catered to the story.

With less story elements, players are more apt to explore the game's region and look at bits of lore and capture the various legendaries. Whereas in SuMo, everything is very linearly delivered and leaves nothing to the imagination.
>>
>>32713972
I've always thought XY was underrated. Not the best games, but the cities look gorgeous, they had very huge potential for new games, the Battle system was just perfect.

The only problem was that the last gen was gen 5, which had almost everything.

ORAS and SM were just insulting, at least in XY you only have boring villains and stories. In ORAS you have "The Battle Frontier project blah blah..." and in SM you have fucking Lillie with bad Mary Sue story.
>>
File: 893798.png (213KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
893798.png
213KB, 500x750px
>>32713972
Looking back now, I enjoyed those games more than S&M. I mean, I at least managed to finish X&Y. Plus, I doesn't hurt having the best girl in your games.
>>
>>32713972
Ultra cucked
>>
>>32713972
i feel like if we got a third game which delved more into the story and more content people would have more fond memories of gen 6 personally i did enjoy x and y but am i lil sad we never got a third game to bring it all home and i don't like how they just ignore Zygarde he doesn't deserve to be treated this way
>>
>>32713972
Didn't like them. I got to the Fighting Gym and then the game completely fell apart for me.
The part between after you leave Lumiose city and the Fighting Gym is really cool tho.
>>
Of course they were good, I love XY. One of my favorites pokemon games
>>
>>32713972
They couldn't even come up with a backstory for the legendaries thats how unfinished this shit was. Literally the only info is their pokedex entries.

If only they had finished the plot.
>>
i can't believe i dropped SM, BW2 and XY were fun
>>
>>32716367
This. I was impressed by the game up until you first got the Mega Ring, it seemed to be pretty well paced. It was nice how every single trainer in the game had a unique team of Pokemon (aside from the gardeners). Then everything just felt really rushed and the remainder of the game felt like a whirlwind.
>>
>>32714444
Quads confirm
>>
>>32714444
>they were finished games
Not really. There is evidence of unused content and I would assume that the pacing of the game isn't fucked on purpose.
Also checked.
>>
>>32713972

They WERE good, I've thought so since 2013. Kalos is a beautiful region, massive regional Pokedex, first true 3D Pokemon, Mega Evolutions, fucking character customization.

The only issues are rushed story and lacking post-game, which could've been easily fixed by a Pokemon Z.
>>
>>32713972
After the shitshow that was Gen 5, X & Y were a welcome edition to the series.
>>
Fucking hell. I thought >>32714149 was a meme, but here we are.
>>
No, they're not. The Pokemon distribution is the routes is awful with no flow to it at all. The hand-outs are horrible too. You just got your starter barely a city ago, and then the game throws you a Kanto starer.
>>
>>32713972
im not saying they were bad, but they had so much wasted potential

people wanted a 3rd game/sequel to finally but gamefreak decided that giving zygarde a buff in the next gen and never talk about it again was enough
>>
>>32716879

It's not that they're good, just better than SM. In my opinion.
>>
Gen 6 really needed a 3rd game. Not even meming, a 3rd game would have made gen 6 one of the best gens.
>>
File: 1475522195213.jpg (9KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
1475522195213.jpg
9KB, 300x222px
>>32716879
Fuck off it's not a meme XY are not going to suddenly become fan favorites just because a few people are trying to push it as "muh Zelda cycle."
The games DON'T EVEN HAVE ANYTHING TO DO IN THEM.
>>
>>32714549
this
>>
File: pokemon-theorie.jpg (59KB, 792x600px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-theorie.jpg
59KB, 792x600px
>>32718125
>The games DON'T EVEN HAVE ANYTHING TO DO IN THEM.
>>
>>32713972
They were alright, but just a bit bland in my opinion.
>>
>>32718342
XY are like the most barebones games contentwise since the Game Boy Color era.
>>
Nah, I still hate Gen 6.
Sun and Moon might be worse, but that doesn't make X and Y good.
>>
>SM is suddenly shit even though it's easily one of the best installments
>XY is suddenly "OMG BEST GAEM1!!1" even though it has the most forgettable villains, gym leaders, and plot
Are we done meme-ing yet?
>>
no
>>
>>32714149
>new gen's always shiiiiiiiit
Yeah sure last time it was the new gen is always praised and now its the opposite.
Not !such of a circle is it.
>>
>>32713991
Newfag underage please go away
>>
>>32713972
Best 3DS pokémon game, yes.
>>
>>32719134
I've been here since day 1
I've been playing pokemon since red
I'm 25

Try again next time with new buzzwords
>>
>>32713972
I liked them more than Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
>>
Plot was shit and the pacing was off, but at least it let you have your adventure in peace for the most part. Not to mention breeding and online play were done extremely well. You had a circle to go around for easy egg hatching. A place to level your mons up and make shit tons of money off of. Horde battles made even training a breeze. Had they kept those features plus some of the new ones they added in sun and moon, I may of not have been as disappointed with 7th gen.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.