[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Platinum or White?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: pokemon.jpg (536KB, 1083x496px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.jpg
536KB, 1083x496px
Played since gen 2, Silver was my first videogame ever, then eventually got Red and Sapphire but skipped on the franchise until XY came out.
Then I bought a 3ds and have been playing ever since. My local used electronics shop has a copy of both Platinum and White for a relatively cheap price, which one do you think would be more worth getting? I haven't played either gen.

I know emulators are a thing but I'd like to have the game to play on the go and then be able to transfer some of my pokemon to current gen, also the games are being sold dirt cheap so its almost a non issue.
>>
Both Platinum and White are my favorite games in the series, so no bias here.

Get Platinum. Shit's dope.
>>
Platinum is boring.

Black is better because Reshiram is Best Waifu.
>>
>>32712726
Platinum is pretty dope. It's got a lot of comfy shit.

t. Gen5 fag
>>
If they're dirt-cheap, why not both?

If you can only get one, I'd go with White. It's more of a different experience than what you've already played. And it's a lot easier to transfer up to the current games.
>>
White if only one since you can't gen your 4th Gen mons unto 6th gen without a 5th gen game.
>>
>>32712726
They're both pretty bad. Just emulate them.
>>
>>32712726
They're both really good. Just buy both.
>>
>>32712772
Although I like Platinum more, I agree that gen 5 is still great and being able to transfer to x/y onward makes getting Black/White more worthwhile
>>
How is this even a question? Platinum is a definitive third version, White is a worthless first version.

Look for Black 2 or White 2 if you can and skip BW. If you find BW2 and it comes down to that versus Platinum, I'll say BW2 is better, but they're close.
>>
I'd say buy both if price is a non issue. If that's not an option for whatever reason I'd say Platinum. I enjoyed White more but a decent part of my enjoyment for Gen V came from seeing how much different it was from Gen IV

Also Platinum has a fun Battle Frontier which is some fun post game content
>>
Buy both or emulate both
That's the only answer
/thread
>>
Platinum is more rare in my experience. If that means anything to you
>>
>>32712751
Dirt cheap? Last time I checked either are 50 bucks on Amazon.
>>
>>32712742
TOGEDER FOREBER
>>
>>32712726
Platinum is S-tier, BW is average.
>>
>>32714694
>"My local used electronics shop has a copy of both Platinum and White for a relatively cheap price"
OP is not buying them off of Amazon, anon.
>>
Are you looking for story telling and traditional pokemon E4 experience or are you looking for improved story telling and a twist that breaks the mold for end game story pokemon game? Platinum also has a more enjoyable post game area then white, but if you get white then follow it up with white 2, you will get much more out of the 5th generation of games. Also newer mons in 5th gen plus other neat battle twists like rotation and triple battles.
>>
>>32712726
Go White. Better pokemon, better story.
>>
Platinum. Black and White started the decline of this francise.
>>
>>32717043
Gen 4 was when the handholding first became really apparent in the series. Gen 5 just made it worse.
>>
>>32712726
Platinum. Black and White were pure shit - it's B2W2 that people remember fondly from Gen 5.

>then be able to transfer some of my pokemon to current gen
You can do that even with emulation.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.