[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: older, less talked about features you want to see come back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

>starting out at around level 25 like in Colosseum
>registering pokemon actually benefits you like in FR/LG

pic unrelated
>>
caves that were confusing
>>
File: 240px-Fog_DPPt.png (24KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
240px-Fog_DPPt.png
24KB, 240x180px
Fog
>pic related
>>
>>32711000
>>starting out at around level 25 like in Colosseum

For what reason? Why even have level 1-24? What about all the prevo mon you'd be skipping entirely. Fuck colosseum too.

>>32711017

Unironically this. I want my monster collecting jrpg back, not this beanie baby collecting phone app series we have now.
>>
>>32711082
Then why do people bitch about cutscenes? Those are quintessential JRPG. If you're gonna have tedium might as well go all the way
>>
>>32711133
>cutscenes require just pressing A
>tricky dungeons require gameplay
gee i wonder
>>
I miss scrolling through my bag without waiting for item images to load.
>>
>>32711017
>>32711082
I want more dungeons in general. RBY had Silph Co, Pokemon Mansion, Rocket Hideout and the Power Plant for long dungeons that weren't just forests and caves.
>>
>>32711522
>The "final dungeon" of SM was shorter and less complex than mount moon in RBY

How did things get so bad and why did we allow it?
>>
>>32711133
>Those are quintessential JRPG
Just because they're extremely common in the genre doesn't mean that they're quintessential, that they make the game better, or that Pokémon should adhere to the standard.
>>
>>32711000
>registering pokemon actually benefits you like in FR/LG
What?
>>
File: 351-foggy.png (1KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
351-foggy.png
1KB, 96x96px
>>32711026
This please.
>>
>>32711709
>STILL no Sandstorm-based Castform
why
>>
>>32711000
>Pokethelon
>Seasons
>an actual Safari zone like RGBY, FR/LG
>Pokemon catching contests
>actual Side quests Like the Sevii Islands
>The Radio
>A choice in how to continue your Adventure GSC did this and HGSS did but not as much
>The Underground for the mining and mini games
>Optional hidden Side areas
>>
FireRed and LeafGreen had this pokedex feature where it would sort Pokemon by habitat
Like Ocean, Rough Terrain, Mountain, Waters Edge, Urban,etc.

Always wanted that back
>>
File: cnPzeXm.jpg (964KB, 2390x4250px) Image search: [Google]
cnPzeXm.jpg
964KB, 2390x4250px
Game corner
Sounds effects by area (HGSS were incredible)
DPPL Poketch (Best implementation of the touchscreen by far)
>>
Secret ba--

>Less talked about

Long dungeons, as it has already been said.

Companion dungeons like the stat trainers in Platinum. I'll admit that at the time I didn't like it very much but now that I know what it really was about, I really enjoy it and the idea.

Very niche areas containing pokemon. Remember how there was ONE room in ONE cave in Hoenn where you could find Bagon? And ONE hidden ass cave in Sinnoh where to find Gible? That. It's good shit.

Safari Zone, holy shit. And a DECENT one, none of that great marsh shit.

Better shortcuts. Digglet Tunnel was pretty dope and connected the region in a neat way.

More side little dungeons that the game doesn't even tell you are there, but you go in to find later if you explore. Old Chateau in Sinnoh was pretty much that, it was great. Seasalt Cave in Hoenn too
>>
>>32711692
10 pokes registered gets you flash
20 pokes registered gets you an everstone
30 pokes registered gets you an amulet coin
40 pokes registered gets you the itemfinder
50 pokes registered gets you the exp share
60 pokes registered (and elite 4 beaten) gets you national dex
>>
>>32711692
>>32712381
I didn't even remember that. I think it's kind of a pain because you have to track down the professor assistants. They are easy to miss.

It's like a sidequest.
>>
Being able to have a pic of your team in your trainer card like FRLG
>>
>>32712469
>completing the pokedex is like a sidequest
You are what's wrong with pokemon
>>
>>32711017
>refusing to put flash on a pokemon because fuck wasting a move slot.
>go from gym 3 to 4 through that cave next to gym 2
>the cave took me weeks
>I wandered around for ages my pokemon entered level 30's
>After a few days I figure out if I dont even look at the screen but just wait for the overall picture to stop moving means I hit wall.
>still managed to go the long way every time
>Forgot my place everytime I closed the game
>Forgot my direction after battles
>My team left all above level 50.
Fuck flash its useless.
>>
Earl's Pokémon Academy.
>>
>Day and Night versions of the Route and Town themes
>NPCs playing along with the music
>Music changing during battles like for Gym Leader's Last Pokemon or when your HP is low
>Regular Trainer Classes having unique encounter themes
>Being able to listen to different music on the Radio
>Being able to change the music to the original sound font in remakes (thanks ORAS)

They've gotten rid of a lot of really cool musical touches to the games
>>
>>32711000
Hyper Beam and other such moves not needing to recharge when getting a kill. It's pretty fun mechanic.
>>
>>32712469
It's literally the motto of the series and also there be an unskippable, auto-activating conversations with them when you met them the first time, so you always knew where they were located, weren't there?
>>
>>32713150
nope, they were just around. one was in a house by diglett's tunnel, one was in a pokemon center, three were in the top floor of those gates that seperate certain areas
>>
File: 351-sandy.png (1KB, 96x96px) Image search: [Google]
351-sandy.png
1KB, 96x96px
>>32711754
I ask myself this every generation as well.
>>
>>32712506
Not completing the Pokédex you fucking moron, finding the Professor's assistants.

>>32713150
No, you never know which characters are actually them. You just have to walk around talking to every NPC that uses the Scientist skin and hope it's one of them.
>>
>>32711026
No, just no.
>>
>>32711000
>Battle Frontier in Platinum and HGSS had online co-op for all facilities
>>
>>32713105
>>Being able to change the music to the original sound font in remakes (thanks ORAS)
>he thinks GB sounds was the original
Great, HGSS kids didn't even play the original game.
>>
>>32711000
- Caves/dungeons/forests that require some thought to traverse
- Game Corner
- A more complex region like Hoenn or Sinnoh
- Natural obstacles in the overworld rather than NPCs preventing you from moving forwards
- The protagonist to just be an ordinary kid/teenager rather than some chosen hero prophesised to save the world
- Less emphasis on story telling and more emphasis on letting the player explore and be on an adventure
- Battle Frontier or PWT
- PSS
- DexNav
>>
>>32712363
>Very niche areas containing pokemon. Remember how there was ONE room in ONE cave in Hoenn where you could find Bagon? And ONE hidden ass cave in Sinnoh where to find Gible? That. It's good shit.
SM literally had this with Rockruff only appearing in one area of Ten Carat Hill
>>
We get the Move Tutors every gen now at some point.

Can we have them during the main game again like in Platinum and BW2? That was awesome. I hated how they were all shoved into the postgame in ORAS.
>>
>>32715597
and dhelmise
>>
Nobody mentions the trainer house from Gen 2? Its only drawback is that you could only battle once per day. If they could revamp it a little like add more trainers or random ones and being able to battle all the time, it would be a good post-game way to grind for levels maybe even get points for prizes like in battle frontier.

More things like the bug catching contest. I dont like the type very much but i sure as hell liked that little activity, after all you play a game where you gotta catch them all, so give me fun ways to do it.

More radio stuff, not only on the music department but also things like Buena's password to make good use of it.

Yup there's a pattern here, i honestly think Gen 2 has the coolest shit, now granted, other gens have cool things too, like secret bases or the pokeball seals or the ability to customize the look of your character but i just feel like gen 2 had simple yet great concepts but somehow have been abandoned, i mean who the fuck doesnt want to hold the record of the biggest magikarp ever caught?!
>>
>>32715597
>SM literally had this with Rockruff only appearing in one area of Ten Carat Hill
Not even remotely the same thing.
Both Bagon and Gible had low encounter rates and we're hidden away in areas that players wouldn't normally expect to look.
Rockruff was in a wide open area that was extremely obvious.
>>
>>32715674
>Nobody mentions the trainer house from Gen 2
That because everything it did was done better in Gen 3 with bases.
It's kind of redundant.
>>
>>32715753
Guess so, but like i said, in the original Gen 2 games, it was a nice little way to earn exp without going through the elite 4.
>>
>>32715771
You gain Experience from bases too dude
>>
SEASONS
>>
>>32713114
THIS or:
Hyperbeam always becomes a STAB move of the type combination Pokemon uses
>>
>>32711754
Sandstorm is not a weather condition.|
There SHOULD be a wind and storm castform though
>>
>>32715674
>No fishing contests in ALola
>>
Those shoes with wheels from x and y.
>>
>>32715852
No
>>
Owning your own mansion and filling it with furniture and having guests visit you like in Platinum
>>
Post game content on the same level as Gold/Silver for every game. Seriously don't know why we took a step forward on second gen just to take steps back on every game since.
>>
>>32715753
The secret bases need you to have battled someone tho iirc. Trainer House didn't.
>>
>>32711082
>fuck colosseum
>he NEEDS to play the exact same game 8 times
>>
The dumb dance thing in 5th gen
>>
File: masuda (2).png (236KB, 336x418px) Image search: [Google]
masuda (2).png
236KB, 336x418px
>>32715550
>Game Corner
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
BATLEEL FROTNTIERR
>>
>>32715485
I said sound font not the actual orginal tracks retard
>>
>>32712307
Underrated post. I always thot that was a good feature.
>>
File: 774339-1024x768-Pokemon-Seasons.jpg (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
774339-1024x768-Pokemon-Seasons.jpg
1MB, 1024x768px
Seasons
Time based encounter rates
Seasons
Bug catching contest
Seasons
My fucking bike back please.
>>
>>32717394
>Winter isn't Dawn in her Platinum outfit
>Summer isn't May
What a terrible picture
>>
>>32717437
Glad you like it.
>>
>>32711709
There needs to be a Castform-like Pokémon that works off terrain instead of weather
It would be hard to make it balanced though, Castform is super-shit but I can imagine one with good stats being really overpowered in doubles.
>>
>>32717572
I like this, its good. Imo, I would've matched the male/female pair with the seasons. Like Hilbert/Hilda - spring, Brendan/May - summer, Ethan/Lyra(Kris) - autumn, and Lucas/Dawn - winter.
>>
>>32717712
Also have seasonal pokémon from each generation
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.