[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: My (and yours?) idiotic first Pokemon experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 42

File: Viridian.png (210KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Viridian.png
210KB, 720x480px
>Be likely retarded 7 year old who gets Pokemon Leaf Green for the Gameboy Advance from parents for Christmas
>No idea what this game is or what it's about
>Mash A through most of the starting screens, not caring for the info
>Now find myself in a house
>Head downstairs, but have no idea how to exit
>Spend a few days periodically trying to figure out how to beat this house game
>One day it dawns on me to step on the red floor mat and press down, indicated by the arrow sign which I never saw before
>"Bring on next level please"
>Realize there's a whole lot more to this Leaf game than I had previously anticipated
>Lucked out and got directed by the professor to get a starter after going the right way north
>Get Charmander, beat Rival, and do other shit through God's grace until I arrive in Viridian City
>"The fuck is an Oak's parcel?"
>I had no idea what parcel meant nor where this Oak tree was
>I'm starting to wonder if this is a correlation with the leaves in the title
>Spent a few weeks trying to figure out what to do periodically, along with --
>"Some... thing... on the road wants a coffee?"
>I had no it was an old man laying on the road, but come on, that's kind of weird and it was oddly pixilated
>My eyes light up when I accidentally deliver the parcel to Oak one day
>Get pokeballs, don't pay attention to road man's tutorial on catching Pokemon, and never realize to press the right arrow key in the bag again
>For the rest of this game I only play with a charmander line because I don't know where to find pokeballs in my bag
>Somehow beat Brock pretty handily with a Charmander that has Metal Claw
>Skip ahead a bit, get this "Magikarp" from some NPC
>"The fuck does this even mean?"
>I never looked in my party, but for some reason thought this was the key to getting into that locked building in Viridian City
>>
>Notice it in my party, and go back to where I was previously, now even more demoralized
>Get to this cave that my primitive cerebellum could hardly process to get through
>I think it actually took me a month or two to finally get out of this place, both due to just having a Charmeleon and not knowing where to go
>I still remember the day I exited that cave after just scraping through that boss fight, it felt like a miracle
>The feeling of reward from getting Mega Punch and Mega Kick, two very less than stellar moves, was honestly my first orgasmic experience
>I don't even know how I beat Misty with just a Charmeleon, but I must had somehow
>Fast forward a bit, a lot is a blur, but I somehow got through the next, arguably more difficult, cave dungeon during this without all too much difficulty
>Some asshole guard wont let me pass into Saffron City, and some sweet lady gave me a coffee
>Never read shit so I didn't make the correlation for a very long time
>Eventually I make it through, but I don't even remember picking up a Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee
>Fast forward some more, I'm starting to get a hang of this game now with my overpowered Charizard
>Takes me who knows how long to beat the Elite Four with a Charizard with very limited PP, but I do it
>Parcel guy shows up again and congratulates me
>Enter post game, and it finally dawns on me that you can move left and right in your bag during a battle
>Attain 60 species of Pokemon, enter Sevii Islands, and life is now good
>TFW my dumbass is probably the reason recent games have the long ass tutorials and cutscenes that they do

Sorry.
>>
>Can't catch or defeat Kyogre in Sapphire
>Finally get to low enough health that it faints after
>save game

>>32710673
>>32710681
Man Leaf Green was your Red/Blue.
>>
be me
>catch random pokemon
>only use your starter
>fully evolved starter at second gym
>rest of team is just level 6-14's
>sweep game with charizard
>die to e4
>attempts to grind other mons like raichu
>used a raichu
>caught a machoke on victory road
>buy a shit ton of potions
>clutch e4 with zard
>waste all revives on low leveled team
>charizard is level 79- woops now its 83
>beat rival by spamming fly

I was playing Leaf green
>>
File: 1484482624090.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1484482624090.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
>>32710761
>starting with gen 3 surprises you
there are people here over 18 whose first games were DP anon
>>
FRLG already added tutorials over RG and GS

the girl in Pallet Town that is right outside Red's house teaches how to read a damn sign but only if you don't go talk to her first

Oak explains how battles work

there's also the Teachy TV
>>
>>32710673
>be me, 9 years old
>playing FR for the first time
>compleate the SS Anne, get Cut and try to get the 3rd badge
>I need to use Cut to enter the gym
>None of my Pokémon can learn Cut
>Restart my game to chose Bulbasaur because I thought it can learn Cut (and it does)
>>
File: 1491936549156.jpg (8KB, 200x196px) Image search: [Google]
1491936549156.jpg
8KB, 200x196px
>>32711006
and a help menu whenever you press L or R. Meanwhile Ruby and Sapphire from a year prior had none of that
>>
File: Hoenn_RSE_Map.png (6KB, 257x159px) Image search: [Google]
Hoenn_RSE_Map.png
6KB, 257x159px
Retarded first experience thread?

>first game is ruby
>first video game ever
>having a pretty good time
>beat May and get pokéballs
>catch catch all the Pokémon available on route 101
>get to where you battle May the first time
>"huh, I guess this is it"
>just battle wild Pokémon and heal at the center
>Treecko evolves into Grovyle
>"this is getting boring"
>realize you can interact with tvs and things on the wall
>in Pokémon center
>interact with map on the wall
>notice pic related

I guess I tried going that way before I fought May and that guy that was tracing his footprints stopped me so I forgot about it. The worst part is I was 11.
>>
>be 7 year old retard playing Blue for the first time
>suddenly my game starts flickering like crazy
>panic and think my game is busted
>have mom return it for a new
>realize later that just means one of my Pokemon was poisoned
>>
File: derp.png (189KB, 512x320px) Image search: [Google]
derp.png
189KB, 512x320px
took my adolescent self way too long that I had to move the boulders for both of these places. I was stuck at the first part of Victory Road for a month.

I hold degrees in physics and engineering now for what it's worth
>>
The only fucking retarded thing I remember doing in my first Red run is taking Diglett Cave and then not being able to get back to Vermillion so I had to go through Viridian Forest and Mt. Moon again
>>
>>32711032
right, the Help System, which is also in BW and B2W2 but only if you use a PC
>>
>>32710673
>can't figure out that the red doormats are the exit

I honestly thought I was the only one. Gold was my first game though. I've also got something even more retarded.

>Playing through game well enough (and by that I mean I try to walk past every trainer battle and run from all the wild encounters making my team extremely underleveled)
>Manage to beat the first gym
>get a call from phone saying I need to meet with assistant at the "Pokemon Center"

Good God, I actually spent weeks of my life trying to figure out what a Pokemon Center is. I even asked my mom for help who unfortunately knew even less about pokemon games than I did. We didn't have internet at the time so I couldn't even look it up. I finally had to solve the mystery by going into every single building and talking to every single person. Even after I talked to the right person I didn't realize I had done it and kept going.

Even worse than that was trying to figure out how to pass Sudowoodo. Luckily one of my friends had purchased the strategy guide and told me what to do after I had tried a hundred stupid ideas (including trying to use Cut and buying Fresh Water thinking thats what they meant)

If anyone is curious, my team at the elite 4 was in the 30's. My little kid strategy was to just spam potions and revives until the other pokemon were literally stuck using struggle. I don't even know why I loved the games as much as I did.
>>
My first playthrough of Sapphire had a team like this:
>Sceptile Lv. 72
>Kyogre Lv. 51
>Poochyena Lv. 4
>Taillow Lv. 8
>Zigzagoon Lv. 11

My Sceptile only knew HM moves and Poochyena once nearly managed to take down the 7th gym when he was my last remaining pokemon and I didn't know wtf a revive was
>>
Two words
>fainted
>shiny
>>
>thought magnemite line had levitate for like 5 years
>>
>>32711125

my brother ran away from the only two shinies he found because he "didn't like their colours"

it was diglet and a winull
>>
File: 1484185299245.jpg (362KB, 907x736px) Image search: [Google]
1484185299245.jpg
362KB, 907x736px
>first game was sapphire
>2003
>get out of the car and sets clock
>mom sends me out to say hi to neighbours
>before doing that try to head out but midget blocks path
>nogood.wav
>check out lab
>nothing
>"where are the pokemen?"
>actually goes to neighbours and talk to rival
>they vanish
>goes home but mom won't answer
>goes to lab, nothing there too
>spends hours listening to the theme of littleroot
>turn off gameboy
>>
First game yellow
> spend a literal year trying to beat brock.
> end of fifth grade my bud ryan tells me to catch a mankey.
> smooth sailing since...
> also miss the game corners alot. >Spent a whole fishing trip with my dad just gambling to get mons
>>
>>32710673
>spend the first 5 hours of Pokemon Ruby killing wild Pokemon until i accidentally stumbled upon May
>>
>>32711079
Haha i did that shit too
>>
>7 years old
>leaf green
reported for being permanently underage.
>>
>>32711240
FRLG came out in 2004.
>>
>>32711245
what part of permanent don't you understand?
>>
File: 1477575636867.png (65KB, 252x221px) Image search: [Google]
1477575636867.png
65KB, 252x221px
>my very first try at pokemon
>couldn't beat brock in yellow because all i had was fucking pikachu
>didn't know i could catch other shit
>literally kept healing pikachu in the pokemon center thinking it would get stronger

forgive me, i was retarded as a kid.
>>
>>32711262
he's at least 18 by now
>>
>>32711240
>7
>Fire Red and Leaf Green came out in 2004
>OP is around 20

Reporting you for being idiot kid.
>>
>>32711262
The part where, other than Ash, people actually age, and no age is "permanent."
>>
File: 1494328417415.png (181KB, 331x369px) Image search: [Google]
1494328417415.png
181KB, 331x369px
>>32711136
>I still do this occasionally
>>
>>32711276
>>32711277
perm-an-ent

must be difficult to understand three syllable words when you're underage
>>
File: Bide.png (917KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Bide.png
917KB, 1366x768px
>use blizzard on Lapras and Bubblebeam on Dragonite, despite both of these being on the same pokemon
>i had a zapdos and didn't use it on lapras

Red could have gone better

>>32711125
pic related
>>
>>32711309
How does one be an age permanently? X'D Is this supposed to be funny or something?
>>
>>32711293
any age where you didn't play red or blue as your first game when they were the only translated ones is permanent
>>
>>32711327
>X'D
painfully permantly underage
>>
Watched my brother play the shit out of yellow, Sapphire, and leaf green before I had the chance to actually play a game for myself, so I kinda had a basic idea of what to and what not to do. When it came to playing though, I didn't know any type match ups apart from the fire/water/grass, surprisingly though I managed to beat Sapphire without much failure. Even though I remember my team just been full of normals/flying
>>
>>32711331
>>32711342
>>>/v/
>>
>>32711342
Can't even spell 'permanently' X'DDDDDD
>>
>>32711363
I'm on my phone posting from my big adult job and spelled it just fine in my other posts. it was simply a typo

stop being permanently underage
oh wait, you can't
>>
>>32711240
Reported for announcing reports.
>>
File: IMG_1512.jpg (7KB, 135x135px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1512.jpg
7KB, 135x135px
My first game was Yellow, I'm only 20 now though.
>be me, 7 years old
>bretty good at this game, was a smart little guy
>but not smart enough to know how to save the game
>must have beat brock 15 times before i figured it out
>>
>>32711391
lol you work at McDonalds dude XDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>32711113
It took me at least an hour to find the way into the building that gives you the watering pail. All my Sudowoodo since have been named WeirdTree.

My worst offense is that I didn't notice rock resists poison until early this year. I've been playing since Red version.
>>
>All these niggas that didn't even read the instruction manual in the car ride home from the store
You only have yourself to blame for your retardedness
>>
>>32711391
dumb phoneposter
>>
>>32711391
>he's a phoneposter
checks out might as well be a frogposter too
>>
Frankly, I don't think I did anything particularly retarded on my run on Gold. At least, nothing I can remember.
The worst things were
>cried a lot because certain bosses were hard (particularly Whitney, Jasmine, and Pryce)
>caught a Ho-Oh in a Master Ball
>>
>be me
>watching stephen universe
>step brother comes in and says I look bored
>goes to his room and comes back with a 3ds
>it has pokemon x installed
>he tells me to play but don't save
>start playing, seems stupid at first but get hooked
>try to save anyway but the game won't let me
>keep trying
>try to restart to see if it works then
>realize I just lost my progress
>play the pre-existing file with no idea what I'm doing, just fighting random wild pokemon with a level 60ish team
>>
>>32711487
Oh, and
>didn't understand about 1/3 of the type chart
I'm actually pretty proud of myself, seeing as English isn't my native language.
>>
>>32711410
>>32711438
>>32711445
>le reddit checks out meme
>butthurt permanently underage
your tears won't save you from being banned
>>
File: IMG_20170607_195738.jpg (111KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170607_195738.jpg
111KB, 850x850px
>>32710673
My first Pokémon game was Diamond when I was 10. August 7th, 2007.
I wasn't a faggot who skipped the story, but I did forget what I was supposed to do around the part of the the game with the lakes.
Long story short, I action replayed past the fatty to Sunnyshore City and beat the game before fighting Dialga. The permanent ramifications were that I couldn't walk to Sunnyshore without being kicked back and had to fly there, and I glitched the game to where Mesprit can never be triggered, so it's impossible to catch. My best friend at the time traded me his.
Also, I cheated the Nat Dex full and accidentally saved the game. The Manaphy egg from Ranger I had the always shiny code on, I forgot about it and saved with a hacked-shiny, legit Manaphy and felt like a dumbass.

I learned my lessons after that and by the time I got Pearl/Platinum (forget which I got first), I payed more attention and always take heavy precautions whenever I used cheats. I tend to not cheat at all anymore though because it kinda ruins it a lot of the time now.
>>
>Probably my 50th time up Mt. Silver because I couldn't beat Red
>encounter a shiny donphan
>kill it
I fucking hate my life
>>
>>32711113
One of my first memories is not being able to leave my house in Red. That's the story that I normally put in these types of threads.
>>
>get first GameBoy along with '16-in-1: Pokemon Gold!' in some bootleg store in Gran Canaria before official English release
>get stuck in the MC's house for the best part of an hour
>get stuck in Ilex Forest for several days (going back & forth to New Bark, getting a Feraligatr & going through several sets of batteries in the process) & end up getting a friend to do the Farfetch'd puzzle
>defeat Sudowoodo because I literally didn't understand the concept of catching Pokemon
>get stuck at Ecruteak Gym so just end up walk back & forth between Olivine, Mahogany (the long way, without Flash) & New Bark for several weeks. One day manage to stumble through the puzzle completely by trial & error because the game's terrible Engrish meant that the medium's clue was totally meaningless
>defeat red Gyarados & Ho-Oh because 4-HM Feraligatr is all I need in life

>about a year later when I was less clueless about catching Pokemon but still a fucking idiot, hook a shiny Magikarp in Dragons Den
>my Official Pokemon Gold & Silver Guide says that running from shiny Pokemon isn't an option, so I wonder what the game will say if I try to escape
>Got away safely!
>>
>>32711487
If you were a kid I understand how you could have had trouble with Whitney and Jasmine but seriously, Pryce?
>>
>>32711772
It relates to the "1/3 of the typechart" thing I mentioned in the other post. Had no clue what was strong against ice.
>>
I srarted with Pokémon Red when I was 8 years old. I got some very elementary english skills, so I thought I am gonna be ok. The game was in German.
>wtf is Glumanda
Somehow I grasped the basics, even though I had no idea how to use the PC system for a few weeks, so I thought that you can only use the first 6 Pokémon you get.
After a month of trial and effort I reached Vermilion, and then I got stuck. I had no fucking idea that you can use ZERSCHNEIDER to get rid of those tree things. After many hours of trying, I found out that there is no way to continue.
During the next 3 or so years I played through the whole part of game I thought was available. I remember fighting Blue at SS Anne with a level 40 Beedrill.
I don't remember how, but somehow I found out that you can cut bushes. Needless to say, I plowed through the whole game with an overleveled Beedrill, using some random shitmons for reviving in the League.
Fun times.
>>
>Be 9
>First game is leafgreen
>The battery is dead
>Starting a new adventure everyday
>One day I got a shiny squirtle after several SR because I thought that 21hp meant it was more powerful
>>
>hgss came out awhile ago
>never played pokemon but this shit looks cool
>mom buys me the game
>scroll past tutorial
>after prof elm gives me pokemon his aid comes up to me
>"heres a potion"
>thought it said poison
>never use a potion until the second gym
fast forward to lake of rage
>took me an entire day to figure out i had to surf to the shiny gyarados to progress
>kill the shiny gyarados
fast forward to pokemon league
>team is shit and typhlosion knows 4 fire moves
>beat lance from pure luck
fast forward to hgss celebi event
>get celebi and then never touch the game again
>couple months later i want to play
>reset the game
fuck i miss that celebi.
>>
File: 1464842039398.jpg (47KB, 571x460px) Image search: [Google]
1464842039398.jpg
47KB, 571x460px
>Be 9 or 10
>Playing Sapphire for the first time
>Choose starter, defeat May and get Pokedex
>"... Now what?"
>Spend nearly a week walking up and down without considering going left at Oldale Town
>>
File: ddbeca50e60d93dd5872b6307cc32066.png (623KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ddbeca50e60d93dd5872b6307cc32066.png
623KB, 1024x768px
>Play Ruby for the first time
>Get female Torchic
>Fuck off I'm a boy
>Restart to get a male
Ruby and Saphire had no Dittos...
>>
>>32710673
>Head downstairs, but have no idea how to exit
>Spend a few days periodically trying to figure out how to beat this house game
>One day it dawns on me to step on the red floor mat and press down, indicated by the arrow sign which I never saw before

Dude this exact shit happened to me when I was 6 and got my first videogame ever, Pokemon Yellow. Top fucking kek.
>>
File: rockruff_oof.png (732KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rockruff_oof.png
732KB, 1000x1000px
Blue was my first Pokemon game, and first RPG ever. It took me like 10 minutes to realize that the shelves in the pokemarts were useless and if I wanted to buy things I had to talk to the clerk.
>>
>>32710673

>Sapphire
>actually a had a vague idea how to play the game due to a friend who also had Sapphire
>pick Mudkip as my starter
>only use it and catch random mons along the way
>starter is fully evolved by Gym 3
>would always get lost while surfing so I never got past the 6th gym
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-27+at+09.49.01).jpg (42KB, 621x426px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-27+at+09.49.01).jpg
42KB, 621x426px
>9 Year old me
>Obsessed with Pokemon Pearl
>Only train one pokemon, all others are HM slaves
>Use Chimchar
>Get to that one trainer that has a gyarados right before Veilstone city
>get my ass kicked
>Grind Monferno to level 36 before the 3rd gym, learn close combat
>Steamroll through the rest of the game
>Find the perfect Infernape moveset to defeat the elite 4
>Close combat, Grass knot, Flamethrower and Flame wheel
>Use that one max elixir you find in the mountain in order to win pokemon league
>Win
>Delete save File
>Do it again
>Repeat this process until gen 5 comes out and I start playing pokemon the intended way
Do I have autism?
>>
File: fuck you.gif (2MB, 409x398px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.gif
2MB, 409x398px
>Playing Heartgold
>Find a shiny Nidoran
>No pokeballs
>Never find a shiny again
>>
File: wat.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>32710673
> take cousin's pokemon red game
> button mash through start screen.
> run into grass and get my party wiped by Ratata
> "this game sucks!"

> years later, let my brother talk me into buying pokemon blue instead of pokemon yellow.
> "Pikachu sucks, you'll one shot pidgy and never get a flying pokemon"
> don't play pokemon yellow untill highschool.
> My face when i realize you get all 3 starters as well <
>>
>>32710673
>also be a 7 year old
>my cool cousin has FireRed
>he lets me play
>I only had a vague idea about Pokemon since I watched the anime when it aired on Cartoon Network
>I fucking love it
>he lets me borrow his game
>my retarded ass teaches his Charizard flash because I thought you couldn't even go into dark caves without it

He wasn't too mad about it at least. I ended up getting a copy of Emerald a few months later and it kickstarted a really big Pokemon obsession with me
>>
>>32710673
>be me
>be 4-5 years old
>pick up my dad's purple gameboy color
>pokemon crystal is in it
>its beaten
>look in the pc
>somehow i knew how to play
>release my dad's Entei

he was cool about it
>>
>>32710673
> Emerald was first game
> Sister always got the pokemon games so I could never have my own
> Very first starter ever was torchic
> Cherish it forever even though I now know KFC's nature, stats, and moves suck
> At least his descendants are decent
> Knew enough about the basics from watching sister play her games
> Only trained torchic until it evolved into combusken and learned double kick
> Oh shit this move hits twice it must be good
> Double kick my way through most of the game
> Start struggling after Kicking my dad's ass
> Winona and twins destroy my team
> Rest of party were pokemon I thought looked cool, but were always low level
>>
>>32712251
yes
>>
>>32710673
>be me
>5 years old playing red
>can't understand english
>still manage to beat it

The only hard part was the tunnel without flash. Maybe you're just retarded OP
>>
>>32711196
I remember leveling my pikeachu to 27 before I was able to defeat Brock with it.
>>
>>32712855
Or maybe you were abnormally smart.
>>
File: 1404235874727.jpg (58KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1404235874727.jpg
58KB, 960x720px
>first game was FR or S don't remember which
>FR team was level 80 something blastoise
>surf, hydro pump, hydro cannon, skull bash
>rest of team is early route shit I never used
>never used healing items for whatever reason
>didn't beat it because the E4 jynx would always confuse hack me
>mfw SQUIRTY is sitting in bank today
>>
File: 1480345099842.jpg (401KB, 801x2302px) Image search: [Google]
1480345099842.jpg
401KB, 801x2302px
>playing Sapphire
>cleared the game so I was just dicking around Battle Tower and finding secret bases
>remember the old ship you pass by early in the game
>find said boat
>look around and find a Luxury Ball
>oh neat
>chucked it at a sharpedo
>hey this ball is pretty rad where do I get more of them
>apparently there's only one ball
>waa so fucking pissed at that goddamned sharpedo I restarted my save
>tell this story to a friend a few years later
>he tells me that you get one Luxury Ball for beating contests you've beaten already
>call him out on bullshit
>boot up my old save
>he was right
>mfw
>>
>Only kid in neighborhood whose mom didn't let him play videogames
>Loved collecting Pokemon cards and always wanted to play one of the games
>Neighbor on my street feels bad for me and lets me search for and catch a Phanpy for him in Pokemon Silver
>Know from guidebooks that the Mater Ball can catch any Pokemon
>Didn't know there was only 1 in the game
>Saved game right after
>mfw that was the last time I ever spoke with my neighbor

Eventually by the time Emerald came out my mom finally let me play it due to her friend from work (who also happens to be her boss) giving it to me along with a Gameboy Micro as a nice birthday present
>Only watched the anime up to the end of Johto
>Guy with Blaziken rekt Ash's Charizard therefore Blaziken must be the strongest Pokemon
>Bum rush the game only training my Blaziken
>Get all the way to Champion without any issues due to my Blaziken being so overleveled
>Champion uses Water type Pokemon
>Get destroyed
>Realize I need a Legendary Pokemon to win!
>Search for Lugia
>Realize Lugia isn't in the game
>Somehow solve the Regi puzzle (a friend told me I needed Relicanth and Wailord but I solved the rest on accident after spending hours autistically wandering around the room and eventually trying Dig to get out)
>Catch Registeel, challenge Elite 4 again
>Still get rekt do to it being underleveled
>teach it Explosion via move tutor
>New Wallace strategy is Registeel Explosion -> revive using fodder sacrifice -> repeat and have Blaziken revenge kill if necessary
>GG
>>
>>32710673
>first Pokemon game
>Pokemon Gold
>started a new game immediately after beating Lance because I thought that was "The End", as the credits said
>missed the entire Kanto region until my second playthrough
Also,
>main bro Feraligatr only knew HM moves
>wasted Master Ball on an onix
>never found Ho-Oh
>>
File: SkypePhoto_20161008_013202.jpg (17KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
SkypePhoto_20161008_013202.jpg
17KB, 225x225px
>>32710673
My first game was Leaf Green, I was 8, I played the game up until the elite four, assumed that the elite four was the end, and never knew there were the other islands and the National pokedex. For five years I never knew.

After then, I sat down the gameboy, and last month I got a 2ds, got Sun, Moon, and Omega Ruby. It was a used omega Ruby, I transfered Genesect, and other legendaries to Moon, I traded genesect for Kyogre.

Never knew Genesect was rare until last week.
>>
Jesus Christ, how were you people ever this fucking stupid? How have you not accidentally killed yourself?
>>
>>32713377
Magic
>>
>>32713327
literally the same exact story happened to me except it was a donphan instead of a phanpy
>>
>be me
>get diamond
>catch starly
>name it A.J.
>it was a female
I still have her
>>
>>32713377
OP here. I have almost accidentally killed myself at least once. I also am going for a Biochemistry degree at one of the top 30 universities in America now. Go figure, huh?
>>
>first mainline game was fire red
>pick charmander because i used to think think the coverart characters were the strongest
>long story short, i was that kid who had one overleveled pokemon and used nothing else
>never beat the game, no less the first elite four member because i gave my charizard 3 HM moves

feel free to laugh now
>>
>>32710673
>4 years old
>never played Pokemon
>brother (9) went to friend's house for sleepover and forgot his gameboy
>decide to play his copy of Pokemon Red
>figure I should start a new game because I thought my brother would get mad if I played his
>"accidently" save over his file
>brother comes back the next day, he's pissed
>mfw my brother never wanted to touch a Pokemon game again
>mfw my brother never wanted to play vidya with me because of this
> mfw my brother died a few years ago
>>
>>32710673
>Be me, be four years old
>Red Version and Gameboy Color for Christmas
>Can't read
>manage to pick squirtle
>make it to viridian city
>can't figure out why guy won't move
>older brother tells me I just need to read and go get oak's parcel
>meticulously learn how to read
>a couple weeks later, come back, fully educated
>wreck shit with my dope blastoise and golbat and nidoqueen
>fighting POOP in the elite four
>all my mons are dead except blastoise and level 2 zubat
>ice beam venusaur
>venusaur kills blastoise, RIP, game over, no way I win
>Go! Zubat!
>Venusaur absorbed sunlight
>Zubat used Leech Life
>It's super effective! Venusaur fainted!
>Zubat levels up to 23

fast forward a bit...
>what is this missingno thing?
>catch it, it japs up my game
>can't read anything
>says i beat the elite four with a sandslash and vulpix or something
>cry 5ever
>reset game
>>
>>32711136
>>32711300
>Magnemite line with Levitate

Stuff of nightmares.
>>
>be me, age 6
>playing Gold for the first time
>manage to catch Entei
>somehow learn, and understand the clone glitch
>clones Entei 5 times
>challenges Elite 4 with 6 Entei
>confused why I couldn't beat them with legionaries
>give up and stopped playing until RSE released
>>
File: 200px-Prima_Guide_Red.png (108KB, 200x254px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Prima_Guide_Red.png
108KB, 200x254px
>be too poor for gameboy
>read part of the prima strategy guide in a bookstore
>imagine what it would be like to play pokemon
>>
>>32713454
Says a lot about the quality of education these days
>>
>>32710673
>Christmas Day 1999
>me and my sister get Red and Blue
>ignore the family gathering
>who needs prawns and coleslaw when we could better spend that time Catching 'Em All?
>get to the Rock Tunnel
>stumble around in the dark all afternoon trying to get to Lavender Town
>I get out, finally
>guide my sister through (she wasn't far behind)
>turns out Flash exists
>fuck it
>several moths later
>we take turns doing Yellow's Rock Tunnel in the dark too
>we're just that hardcore
>>
File: 1465687100809.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1465687100809.png
293KB, 633x758px
>forgot how old i was, but i had pokemon diamond
>playing through it pretty smoothly
>get past galactic headquarters before you go to mt. cornet
>had no idea that you were supposed to go there first
>think i could go to sunnyshore now
>still has a "blackout"
>think the next part is to find that one lady's key in the resort
>spent months and months looking for it
>eventually get a strategy guide to help me
>skim through it
>read about a part getting cresselia
>go to the port city (forgot the name)
>keep talking to the people to see if they'll let me go
>try everything to see if they let me
>eventually the final resort comes resetting the game i also traded my starter so i wanted to anyway
>play through the game AGAIN and get back to the city thinking i skipped past the part where you could get it
>BOY WAS I WRONG
>read through the book more closely and discover the term "post-game content"
>rage at myself for being so stupid
>read through the guide in it's entirety and figure out how to get through mt. cornet
>beat team galactic, catch dialga, beat 8th gym ect.
>get stuck on the elite four for a good 8 months
>it took me a year and two months to beat pokemon diamond
>>
>>32713760
I'm so used to doing it in the dark that I know it by heart
>>
>>32713760
>>32713814
It's not hard at all. You have the outline of the boulders to help you.
>>
>>32713843
it is when you're 6
>>
>>32710984
This literally fucks with my mind because I remember playing Pokemon Blue when it first came out when I was 4-5ish.
>>
>get Blue for Christmas in '98
>be 10
>used Masterball on Articuno, didn't know about the other legendaries yet
>told friend to do this too because Articuno was so good

I still knew to save before the other birds though, don't know how. Then I found Mewtwo.
>>
File: d2515af8abbd2acfde313b893ed1f0c9.jpg (321KB, 765x1125px) Image search: [Google]
d2515af8abbd2acfde313b893ed1f0c9.jpg
321KB, 765x1125px
>>32710673
I started on Silver and while it was fun, the variety of pokemon available at the beginning was dismal.
>A few normal pokemon with what were basically the same moves
>Some bug pokemon with the same moves as the normal pokemon unless you felt like leveling their weak asses to 25~
>Some rock pokemon with more tackle and stat moves like the normal pokemon but they might learn rock throw eventually

Fast forward to a few days ago when I picked up Pokemon X
>Right off the bat you're catching interesting-looking pokemon with diverse movesets
>Psychic, fire, water, grass, bug, rock, normal, dark, electric, fighting, ground, and flying right on the first two routes
>More wild eevees than you can shake a stick at
>Every route that follows offers even more 'mon
>By the end of the main game I have 200 different pokemon and my starter has been in my box since the fourth gym
>Wonder Trade and friend safari are getting me all kinds of cool stuff like Spiritomb, something that used to be a pain in the ass to get
>Two shinies (Diggersby and Cacturne) by the end of the game

I feel like X is the most rewarding game for non-autists
>>
File: Drax and Mantis.jpg (51KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
Drax and Mantis.jpg
51KB, 600x350px
>Pokemon Ruby
>Can't figure out how to use Dive, always restart the game after getting to Mossdeep City
>Think naming the protagonist Terry is the only way to beat the game
>Catch a Lv. 13 Wailmer in the Master Ball
>Closing my GBA SP and muttering a vaguely Japanese phrase to catch a Pokemon

Also:

>Never training anything except the starter, then training assloads of Pokemon after beating the game by grinding the Elite Four

I wish I still had the patience for the last part of that.
>>
>>32711391
Low level bait man
>>
>>32711653
i had trouble with that fatty too
>>
>Be kid
>Get pokemon red
>First fight against rival
>Sperg out because Charmander is weak against Squirtle
>Start crying
>Hand game to mom
>Mom beats my first ever pokemon battle for me
Please no bully
>>
>>32713760
The same thing myself, hours and hours trying to see the way with the lighting before the battle of casual encounters .
Damn Flash.
>>
>>32711006

Seriously. FRLG was handholding: the game. It is literally impossible to miss the tutorials. How is OP so retarded? What's the difference between the generations that we could figure out some black white pixels as fucking 4 year olds and find secret shit like fucking bug exploits to give you infinite masterballs while OP is too dumb to leave his house as a 7 year old?
>>
File: 1453996711309.png (197KB, 547x356px) Image search: [Google]
1453996711309.png
197KB, 547x356px
>>32710673
>7 year old who gets Pokemon Leaf Green
Aren't you a little young lad?
>>
>>32715208
Detective Pikachu solves the case.

MODS!
>>
>>32715208
I was 7 when I played Emerald with my younger brother.
>>
File: 1472084060339.jpg (57KB, 710x787px) Image search: [Google]
1472084060339.jpg
57KB, 710x787px
I thought eevee was legendary because you were limited to one.
>>
>>32714127

It is. X is the first game where I actually managed to complete the Pokedex completely.
>>
>>32715221
I thought this about Snorlax and Sudowoodo, maybe not legendary but a lot stronger than most other pokemon at least. I always had them on my teams.
>>
I used master ball on a level 2 Pidgey in Crystal and didn't notice it till after I had saved
>>
>>32715208
at least 20/21

weird af, eh m8

>tfw 6th grade was glorious fr/lg time
>two shiny pokemon in two days (ratatta and pidgey albeit)
>sold ratatta to a kid in class for $30
>was rich
>bought 5 packs of yu-gi-oh cards
>dark magician of chaos
>sold to kid in class for $170
>richer
>bought more yu-gi-oh cards
>all shit

gg tcg
>>
Wow you all are fucking dumb.

Worse I ever did when I was 5 playing Blue for the first time is have my Venusaur learn only offensive moves.

Still defeated the E4 with just vine whips, razor leaves, solar beam and Tackle
>>
>>32710673
>first game was crystal
>never learned how to save
>left my gameboy color open for weeks to not lose progress
>cousin shows me how to save a week after ive sold the game
>>
File: 1485174540377.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
1485174540377.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>>32710673
>>32710681
Holy shit... you really are a faggot, OP.
>>
>>32710673
>First game was Red
>I was 5
>I get just fine to the victory road
>Get stuck there trying to catch Moltres
>I lost the game and the gameboy color
>Im 8 now
>I bought a DS
>Buy Emerald, my 2nd game
>On my way to the abandoned ship
>Find a shiny Tentacool
>I kill him thinking it changed colors because it was female
>I realise what i just done after seeing another female tentacool
>had a lv100 Swampert which i was proud of
>Lost the game
>Buy Diamond
>Find a shiny Graveler at the end of Riolu's cave
>He self destructs
>It was my last pokemon alive
>I lost the shiny and had to do that all over again

Why do i have to suffer like this?
>>
>be 3 years old
>brother let's me start a new save file on his copy of Pokemon Red
>pick Squirtle as my first Pokemon
>no idea what a nickname is supposed to be so I use all the special characters
>end up calling it [PK][MN]-:;×?!
>>
>>32710673
My VERY first experience with a pokemon game was my friend letting me play his Blue version when we were on the bus. He had left off in the elevator in the dept. store and i had no idea how to exit this little room, so i assumed his game had broken after 10 or so awkward minutes of walking in circles and gave him his game back.
>>
>>32715203
>You damn kids get off my lawn!
I've heard stories like OP's about RB on /vp/ countless times, whereas I started with FRLG and didn't display any more stupidity than you would expect out of a five-year-old.
Also,
>find secret shit like fucking bug exploits to give you infinite masterballs
Yeah, four-year-olds found those.
>>
>be 7 year old asian foreign kid fresh off the plane with very little understanding of english
>playing sapphire
>be fishing with an old rod for god knows what
>find shiny magikarp
>think its cool so i catch it
>fast forward few days
>don't know what "release" means
>experiment by releasing magikarp
>never found a shiny again since
>>
File: 003.png (115KB, 238x326px) Image search: [Google]
003.png
115KB, 238x326px
>Be literal 10 year old
>Pester mother for Pokemon and she gets you Pokemon Yellow because overly televised thunder rat.
>Don't have gameboy, but luckily, play the entire experience on N64 Pokemon Stadium with the controller converter.
>The magic happens, I want to be the Ash, and I overtrain the living shit out of my Pikachu.
>Life's Good™
>One day get to League.
>Lv. 71 Pikachu.
>Lv. 38 Charizard
>I don't think Wartortle or Ivysaur ever even evolved.
>Sometimes I scrape past Lorelei
>But then the tfw Bruno and UberCharged Pika can't do jack shit.
>Get plowed by Onix.
>Run out of money.
>Pikachu's mad about continuously losing.

I never beat Yellow. Around a year later I got Blue and a Gameboy and beat that and completed the PokeDex for redemption (there was a neighbor kid who had Red), but to this day, I still feel like an idiot.

Later on I went on to be pressured by a teenager into trading my gameboy and Pokemon Gold for a link cable.

I cried.
>>
>be me, about 9 or 10
>have Metroid Fusion, but too stupid to figure out how to beat the first boss and literally everything in that game terrified me
>kid on the playground offers to trade Sapphire for Fusion
>take him up on the offer
>thought the blue cartridge was a rare special edition version of the game, I was amazed
>too dumb to understand the menus, click "continue"
>the save file is on Mossdeep Island
>he has Gyarados in is party, and the only reason I know that much is because I pressed a in front of the water and Gyarados showed up on-screen to use surf
>tell my friends how amazing Sapphire is because your starter pokemon is a Gyarados
>the kid later asks for a trade-back, I do it because I'm not a dick
That was my first real experience with Pokemon, aside from occasionally seeing bits of episodes on TV, and casually collecting the trading cards (but not playing the TCG, I didn't even know it could be played as a game). Begged my mom for Sapphire and have been playing the games ever since. Even went back and kicked Metroid Fusion's ass eventually, now it's one of my favourite games.
>>
File: C1mGBSvWEAANu9k.jpg (53KB, 750x515px) Image search: [Google]
C1mGBSvWEAANu9k.jpg
53KB, 750x515px
>>32715476
>trading my gameboy and Pokemon Gold for a link cable
Ouch.
>>
>>32715525
I knew it was the dumbest thing I could possibly do, but the way he and his friends kept on me, I felt like I had to.

Had a bad taste for after school clubs ever since and people even remotely like him.
>>
>>32710673
Fucking hell OP. I was 8 for my first pokemon game (yellow) but I was nowhere near that dumb. Mind you I have always felt compelled to read every writing that crosses my eyes, so I had that advantage on you.

My idiotic first Pokemon experience:
>be shitty little kid
>go around trying to avoid crossing tall grass and trainers as much as I could
>consequently get my arse handed to me from being grossly underlevelled
>restart game incessantly for no real good reason
>somehow end up winning the league in the end with a rather decent team, but still led by pikachu
>a level 89 pikachu with a moveset composed of flash, thundershock, thunderbolt and thunder
>rest of the team in the 50s, I only remember there being a Dugtrio spamming earthquake and a Dewgong spamming icebeam, but I must have had a full team. If nothing else to milk turns in which to use revives and hyperpotions.
>>
File: iuygtfvgb.jpg (36KB, 338x295px) Image search: [Google]
iuygtfvgb.jpg
36KB, 338x295px
>be me
>about 10
>very into pokemon
>nintendo never was a thing in my country so when i finally got my hands on gba sp and emerald i was overhyped
>my first pokemon game, and i almost knew how to play it
>i returned the game later because "the screen was glitching"
>i still remember how i cried over this
>mfw i got rid of a fully functional game because i got my pokemon poisoned
>>
>>32715975
Oh also in this same game i accidentally found a shiny, so i restarted a game thinking it was a glitch that will corrupt my save file.
>>
>>32715975
For things like this is why nowadays the Pokémon don't suffer the effects of Poison outside of battles.

DESU I was scared the first time that that happened to me too.
>>
>>32711653
OH MY
I did the same EXACT thing, but on Pearl, what with forgetting what to do, and using an action replay to do the walk through walls cheat to Sunnyshore thing. Man, that really messes with the game lol. I remember Lucas being in like 5 different areas on my game lol.
>>
>>32712447
>dad's Game Boy

were your parents teenagers when you were born?
>>
File: 1462922253718.png (83KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1462922253718.png
83KB, 512x512px
>>32714135
>muttering a vaguely Japanese phrase to catch a Pokemon

... did it work?
>>
>be me and 6 years old
>friend loans me his Gameboy and Pokemon game
>start playing
>Pokemon start to faint/get conditions
>no idea what to do
>no idea about Pkmn center
>all Pokemon but one dead
>last Pokemon also paralyzed
>playing friend's file
>afraid of what happens if I die completely
>didn't want to mess his game up
>shut Gameboy off
>returned game
>never saved
>>
>hate wild encounters
>learn cut removes grass
>cut every grass
>takes way longer than wild encounters
>>
>>32716194
Not that guy, but contrary to popular belief it's not too uncommon to have your parents be around 18 when they 'did it'. My dad was freaking 20, and he bought me a GBA with a flashcart loaded with a bunch of games when I was sick.
A few years later we even enjoyed shit like Mario Kart and Bomberman on the DS.
>>
>January 2000
>day before school went back
>got Gameboy for Christmas
>believe that the covermon was the one you had to start with
>assume Green was a thing that I simply hadn't seen yet
>hire Red from Blockbuster because I wanted to start with Charmander
>have difficulty getting out of house, but manage it after not too long
>get Charmander by pure luck based kn checking his ball first
>assume all 3 balls are Charmander
>be mashing through to start the game and name it U
>make it to Viridian Forest
>Charmander evolves
>get motion sickness from eyestrain of staring at the screen so intently
>can't hold it in anymore
>turn Gameboy off without saving because don't know you can save
>throw up on floor
>go to doctor
>have fatigue due to lying down being more comfortable when sick
>doctor thinks I might have meningitis
>spend day in hospital

I still made it to school the next day.
>>
>>32716315
Dude my dad is like 56 and plays games on his phone and tablet daily. You ever see a grown ass man who raised you playing Candy Crush?
>>
>>32716334
Actually, yes. My grandmother picked up a smartphone and after being told how to use it wanted to figure out how to play games. While not exactly Candy Crush she's currently playing pac-man a bunch.
That doesn't really say anything as that's hugely normalfagottry. Come back when he's picked up a dedicated gaming system.
>>
>>32716194
>>32716315
My parents are 36 and massively into games... well my mom is. Dad is a Chad.

...i'm 19
>>
>>32716365
He's got himself a $1200 gaming rig he never uses due to work constraints if that counts, but I won't deny he's a normalfag. Is there anybody over 50 who's not a normalfag for the most part though?
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 409x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 409x360px
>>32712251
Are you me?
I did the exact same thing and got caught at those fuckers before veil stone. The only difference is I found out that I could fight them one by one, so I fought one, healed up using items, then buttfucked the other one.

i was a smarte kidd
>>
>>32711686
>hook a shiny Magikarp in Dragons Den
Man, what a waste of a shiny. At least it was only a Magikarp, anon.
>>
>>32716377
So the answer is yes, your parents were teenagers when they had you.

Fuck, I'm 28 and I know when they're old enough my kids will be able to say "my dad's Gameboy/3DS."
>>
File: 1495826787768.jpg (669KB, 1300x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495826787768.jpg
669KB, 1300x1000px
>>32716365
My dad turns 63 this year and he's played video games for as long as I can remember, so he's obviously also the reason why I got into pokemon in the first place when Red and Blue came out. To this day he hasn't touched normie smartphone games and occasionally misses work because he got too absorbed into playing and went to sleep at 5am. He's been a good influence.
>>
>>32716377
>>32716315
>>32716194

Not that guy, either, but my dad is super into video games. He's the one who got me into pokémon as a kid to begin with. He's 47. My mom plays games sometimes, but not as much. I'm 18.
>>
>>32717069

Your dad sounds cool
>>
>started playing Gold when I was 4 years old
>never got past the 4th gym, but I didn't want to
>I just liked resetting the game over and over again, then playing up until I wiped the floor with Whitney

I never had trouble with Pokemon games when I was a kid. It definitely helped that my dad also played so he explained the basics, but there wasn't much to explain besides this moves you and this is how you interact with stuff.. Why were such simple games so difficult to understand for so many people?
>>
>Gold was my first game
>somehow managed to get to the rival fight
>beat him
>told me his name was ???
>went to the cop at the lab
>sweating cause he ask me for a name of the person
>thought that I would get arrested in the game if I lied
>told him rival's name was ???
>sighed in relief
I seriously thought for the longest time until around 2003 that the rivals name was really ???
>>
File: bbbbrrrrr.jpg (550KB, 1416x1048px) Image search: [Google]
bbbbrrrrr.jpg
550KB, 1416x1048px
>>32710673

>Be Italian
>Be 4
>Play English version of Pokémon Yellow
>Can't read, don't care about the language
>Stuck in the lab endlessly mashing A button to get through the starter getting thing (I still have a "I'll" said by prof. oak printed in my mind, english sure was a strange language)
>Get bored, turn off GBC special pikachu edition
>Pixelated un-retroilluminated screen fades out slowly
>"P-Pikachu used thunderbolt!"
>Repeat cycle for two days until I discover the existance of B button

>Never figured out how to save
>Meet up with some kids at the summer camp
>"How far did you mostly get?"
>He tells me how to save the game
>O:

Fuck childood's end, those were great times.
p
>>
Someone rate this >>32713406
I need to feel more autistic than I already am
>>
>>32717817
Bird friends are best friends.
10/10 loyalty ftw
>>
>Ruby first game
>Start with Mudkip, and I have no clue how to access the menu; for some reason it never occurred to me to touch the start button
>I don't know how to save so I never turn my GBA off and keep it charged (sorry parents electricity bills)
>See cascoon/silcoon in petalburg woods and think it is the coolest pokemon
>Ask older sister for help to catch it
>Let Marshtomp faint so I can use cascoon/silcoon
>tfw only knows harden

I basically only used Swampert and its moveset was Surf, Dive, Rock Smash, Waterfall. I was never able to beat the elite four so I restarted and was less autistic the second time around
>>
>>32711510
Bullshit. You can't start a new game without deleting the save file in Gen 6.
Also underage
>>
>>32711436
I miss instruction manuals.
>>
File: IMG_1861.jpg (61KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1861.jpg
61KB, 625x415px
>be me at like 8
>playing diamond
>actually manage to beat the elite 4 first run with my only good pokemon being luxray, empoleon, and dialga
>lose to Cynthia probably because my starter knows all HMs
>cry
>>
>>32711079
I never figured out that there was an exit to diglett cave near pewter so I did rock tunnel without flash
>>
>>32718414
Reading the book was the best part of the ride home from the rental store after getting an NES game for the weekend.
>tfw first one to rent a new release, get the instruction manual before it's ruined/lost by some unknown stupid stranger kid.
>>
>6 years old, playing pokemon red
>pick charmander because his pokemon card has 50 hp while the others have 40, so clearly charmander is the best
>lose to rival
>lose once to brock
>catch a few pokemon but don't level them
>lvl 27 charmeleon can't beat misty's starmie (fucking bubblebeam)
>spend an entire plane ride trying to spam ember through misty's team

fast forward a few months
>friend comes over, tells me to restart with squirtle
>i make a new game and fucking steamroll everything
>blastoise evolves on SS anne and learns hydro pump in rock tunnel (which I did without flash)
>surf, hydro pump, ice beam, and mega punch
>sell fire blast tm
>saved before the elite 4, had to restart after agatha because i didn't know you could use items in battle and didn't have full heal for a poisoned blastoise
>blastoise vs gary's venusaur
>1 pp left in mega punch and hydro pump
>low health
>venusaur charging sunlight
>miss a mega punch
>blastoise ko'd
>gary heals venusaur next turn
>tfw i still beat him with a level 50 moltres

now:
>still have pokemon red and link cable
>fight one of my friends a while ago with level 50s and fuck him up thanks to detailed reading of smogon
>>
>First game is Ruby in 2015
>About 7 during Pokemania back then and watched the anime but never played the mainline games
>Knew type matchups well enough throughout game
>Didn't understand types went off either the physical or special stats
>Couldn't figure out why my Gyarados sucked when using water type moves as opposed to a Normal type move like Strength
>>
>>32710673
>get lost in Diamond looking for Fantinas gym
>get a lvl 60 Graveler by making a wild pokemon genocide for weaks
>>
>>32718727
Same poster here again, I also stupidly thought it was a good idea to EV train my Pokemon's non-usable stats (like Aggron's Sp. Def stat) so that they could survive hits as opposed to training their best stats.
>>
>>32716287
>learn cut removes grass
This was the coolest discovery ever when I was a kid. Then I roleplayed as having a part-time job and cut all the grass in Petalburg Woods.
>>
>>32710984
Ye, I'm 20 now and my first game was ruby when I was 6
>>
>playing my first Pokémon game
>Pokémon Diamond
>think Chimchar is cuter than its evolutions
>keep it from evolving
>1 level player say fuck it and evolve it
>never get Mach Punch
>1st gym is a bitch
>20 or so levels later
>think Close Combat is a status move
>fuck that, have all offensive fire moves
>battle my friend who has Infernape
>realize Close Combat is OP
>find Move Relearner
Man I used to be so bad at Pokémon desu
>>
>first game was diamond
>brother picked name and chimchar
>really liked birds so caught wingull and murkrow early
>also caught a raichu drifloon and buizel
>infernapes strongest move was flame wheel to me so he used that the most
>thought murkrow evolved at night
>only evolved it level 73
>brothers torterra would destroy me in online battles
>can still remember raichu soloing the ice gym and thinking it was better than pikachu(it is)
>>
>plat first game
>too fucking nervous to play it straight up
>buy game guide and action replay
>use exp and catch rate hax, plus one hit kill codes
>>
>>32715321
Anon, back in Gen 1, the only offensive move you listed was Tackle. I think you're "fucking dumb".
>>
>first (main) game was Diamond
>use Master Ball on Mesprit cause I KO'd Dialga and didn't know it respawned until a friend told me
At least it wasn't that stupid. Roaming pokemon are annoying to catch. Also
>tfw I figured out poison causes damage out of battle by realizing the screen goes fuzzy every few steps
>>
I guess I didn't understand when it asked me to name my rival so I just called him "Rival'
>>
>>32718989
>the only offensive move you listed was Tackle
>vine whip
>solarbeam
>razor leaf
>not offensive

What did she mean by this?
>>
>be 6, playing gold for first time
>read tutorials for most part, smooth sailing ahead
>encounter shiny jigglypuff
>become confused and wonder what's wrong with its eyes
>kill it

>couple years later get FireRed
>become mad that vulpix isn't in it
>become even angrier after finding out LeafGreen had both Growlithe and Vulpix, very early on
>>
>>32711149
I do this with no regrets...only reason you'll ever see me with a shiny is cuz I like the way it looks
>>
>>32710673
>play pokemon yellow
>somehow fall ass-backwards into cerulean city like you did after weeks of playing
>pick up bulbasaur
>manage to somehow put it as the first in my party, I don't remember how
>run through the game with only venusaur, not knowing how to switch him out of the front
>get to erika
>have level 45 venusaur + a bunch of trash pokemon
>venusaur's moveset is literally just vine whip/tackle/poisonpowder
>can't get past erika for the life of me

>ask friend for advice
>he asks me what starter I chose
>Uhhh... bulbasaur I think?
>tells me I should have got charmander
>eventually declare in my little kid brain that erika is impossible unless I have charmander
>spend weeks looking in random patches of grass for charmander
>give up hope
>friend tells me only way to get him is from Oak's lab (he doesn't know I'm playing yellow)
>have no way of going back
>only way to go back is to reset the game
>spend about 2 hours debating, finally pull the trigger and reset so I can start with charmander
>forget my starter was pikachu all along
>spend another week trying to figure out a way to get charmander from professor oak
>give up and try to win with pikachu
>this time I can't remember how to get past brock

I have no idea how I ever beat these games
>>
>>32710673
>Days in the house
Anon you might actually be retarded.
>>
>>32715476
>losing to onix

Embarrassing.
>>
>>32715992
How the fuck did so many kids do this?

>don't know what a shiny pokemon is
>dont see the special animation
>somehow know about glitches and save corruption despite this
>>
>>32715404
You know, I really miss the PkMn characters. Wish they'd bring those back.
>>
>>32710673
>>32710681
You know what? What they did in the future gens still isn't worth it, FRLG taught you how to do it but OP skipped the text, if kids are going to do that there isn't much you can do, in fact, adding more dialogue and forced cutscenes would only make them skip dialogue more which would lead to the same issues
>>
>>32719696
I read about shadow lugia on the internet
I thought it's something similar
>>
>>32719248
Leafgreen doesn't have growlithe
>>
File: 1495681965751.jpg (12KB, 471x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495681965751.jpg
12KB, 471x480px
>>32711125
>find shiny before getting the pokeballs
>>
File: Pikachu-Laughing-in-Tree.gif (172KB, 499x380px) Image search: [Google]
Pikachu-Laughing-in-Tree.gif
172KB, 499x380px
>>32718915
>raichu hipsters are Sinnohfoeti

Makes sense. Worst rat, worst gen.
>>
>>32719939
Nah. I've been playing since day one and I also think Raichu is better than Pikashit
>>
>>32710673
>>Be likely retarded 7 year old who gets Pokemon Leaf Green for the Gameboy Advance from parents for Christmas
>>No idea what this game is or what it's about
>>Mash A through most of the starting screens, not caring for the info
>>Now find myself in a house
>>Head downstairs, but have no idea how to exit
I had exactly the same experience, but with Pokémon Red, when I was 6. They fixed this out-of-the-box experience with Ruby/Sapphire, were you start in a truck, though.

Oak’s German name is Eich and misread it and thought it was Ash. I also did not know what a “Teenager” and a “Pfadfinder” (German for pathfinder) was.
>>
File: 025Pikachu_AG_anime_4.png (64KB, 1254x1254px) Image search: [Google]
025Pikachu_AG_anime_4.png
64KB, 1254x1254px
>>32720382
Day one of DiaPer, sure.

It's okay, anon. Pikachu will keep this franchise thriving whether you thank it or not, while your "based bro" rots in obscurity.
>>
>>32711113
>struggle
No, that's not how Gen 2 worked. The AI had infinite PP until Gen 3.
>>
Bullshit, gba games don't use battery saving.
>>
>>32713485
>level 2 zubat
liar
>>
>>32710673
I didn't know how to exit Viridian Forest on yellow version
>>
>>32711988
But... GBA games don't use a battery to save. They have Flash memory.
>>
I was convinced that you could go to Johto in FRLG once you have all 150 Kanto mons. Chansey and Tauros literally took me months.
You can't imagine how disappoined i was when i showed Oak my dex and he didnt give me a ticket to Johto.
>>
>>32715208
Leafgreen came out in 2004. OP is probably 19 or 20
>>
>>32719138
Fuck I'm retarded
I actually read that as "Physical"
>>
>>32710673
>I was like 11
>barely knew english or how to use computers
>"hey I remember watching pokemon as a kid, I've heard there are games about it"
>decided to download an emulator
>downloaded Platinum because that was the latest game at the time
>wtf where are squirtle and charizard?
>figured out what action replay codes are
>got a team of 100s before the first gym
>got to a point where I wasn't sure what to do
>used walk through walls to get anywhere and everywhere I wanted

tl;dr: I was a little retard who used every cheat he could get his hands on and somehow didn't ruin his experience
>>
>>32720465
Nah, since 1998. I used to like Pikachu (I even asked for Yellow when it came out) I'm just tired of it. When it's been 19 years of getting the annoying rat shoved down your throat, it gets really old.
>>
>>32720478
Nope. That's a Gen 2 addition.
>>
File: mime.jpg (318KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
mime.jpg
318KB, 900x900px
>>32710673
I can't remember much that I did back then with Red, except small stuff like:
>not saving before zapdos battle in the power plant
>believing all those bs theories about pikablu and 1st gen togepi, and spending hours just pressing A in every corner of the game just in case either one of them were to appear
It probably helped that all my friends played pokemon too, and we guided each other so no-one fucked up too badly.
>>
>>32718323
Ya moron, he just wrote he couldn't save because of said feature. Learn how to read.
>>
>be 8 or 9
>playing emerald
>find a shiny golbat
>don't know about shinies, so I think it's a glitch or something
>run away
>don't see another shiny until b/w
>>
>>32719828
Honestly though, being an non-native english speaker, I played Red when I was 5, understanding nothing and still got the idea of it very quickly, thanks to the anime.
Some people are just too retarded

Also this meant everytime I got a new move on a mon, I had no idea if it was better or worse. Only got english in school at 10, so before that I memorized move names without knowing what they meant.
>>
>>32710673

So, you are underage and retarded.

When I was 8 I played and beat Pokemon Red on an emulator(which I figured out how to obtain on our dial-up internet and set up on my own), and I'm not even from an English-speaking country. When I was done I had pretty much taught myself basic English vocabulary.
>>
>first game is Silver
>takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to get out of the house
>accidentally use my Master Ball on a level 2 Pikachu
>>
>>32710673
Only thing I really fucked up in pokemon in the first time was that I didn't knew how to get the Tea for that gate guy and struggling to get to Sevii Island 4. Also, I didn't knew how to open the Rocket base where you need to read braille. But I played it in French and I didn't speak any french so there is that.
>>
>>32716287
>cut removes grass
wait.....what....?
>>
>Playing Blue at 10
>Enemy pokemon uses status lowering move
>Thought it permanently lowered my stats
>Any time a stat was lowered I would get fucking pissed and release that pokemon thinking it was ruined
>Grind more mons, took fucking forever as a result
>>
>>32726224
>bragging about "intelligence" on a pokemon forum
Maybe reddit is more your speed.
>>
>>32726224
Yet you can't do math and realize OP is at least 18. Gotcha.
>>
>>32726613
It doesn't anymore.
>>
>>32711802
What's strong against ice?

Take a fucking guess, moron.
>>
>be me
>be around 4 or 5
>first pokemon game is miraculously red, despite our family owning gameboy advances
>didnt know how to save so the only entertainment i got from the game was starting it over again
Fast forward a couple years
>7 or 8 now and ive stepped into the big boy shoes
>make decent progress in the game
>older brother got a copy of blue from our cool uncle
>smaller brother bitches and whines about not having a pokemon game
>foreigner dad decides to get him a copy of sapphire
>"what the fuck is this shit?"
>my bro and i are astonished at how much better this game looks
>somehow come to the conclusion that this is a superior game
>ask for it, and get ruby for my birthday
>also get a gameboy advance sp
>look at this older pleb game and inferior version of this console i still have
>decide to give red and my older gameboy advance away to my friend because i thought ruby was god's gift
>tfw when i can never forget my fatal mistake
Well, i hope she at least played them.
>>
>>32726669
Satan is right.
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.