[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously, WTF are UltraS&M?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon_ultra_sun_and_moon_temp.png (941KB, 950x678px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_ultra_sun_and_moon_temp.png
941KB, 950x678px
Sequels? Thirs and fourth versions that retell SM's story with minimal additions like Yellow, Crystal etc.? What-ifs?
>>
From what they've told us so far, they're essentially a split 3rd version using an alternate dimension as set-up.
>>
>>32710600
we just don't know
>>
>>32710676
It's all marketing fluff though. Nothing solid either way, but that is the initial impression.
>>
>>32710600
>>32710676
This
Just imagine Platinum was "Pokemon Anti-Diamond and Pokemon Anti-Pearl" with Giratina having 2 new forms capable to alter time and space
>>
>>32710737
Sounds cool, I don't know why people would be against this
>>
>>32710600
It's literally just Crystal/Emerald/Platinum but as split versions. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't get how this is so hard for people to understand.
>>
>>32710769
>>32710810
It's been almost 9 years since Platinum so all the 13 year olds have no idea what's happening.
>>
>>32710600
??? why do people not get what they are? it's not like this is the first time this happened.
>>
>>32710769
Most of /vp/ is 15 year olds that weren't alive for 3rd versions.
>>
>>32710737
i was actually disappointed that we didn't get Jade or something like that with Arceus in the cover parallel to Platinum and Giratina, that would've been perfect
>>
what if there isnt megas in this 'alternative' version

that sounds dumb- there are z rings after all
>>
>>32710810
Proof?
>>
>>32710920
Did you not see the teaser trailer?
>>
>>32710600
Seems like a split third version, too little information has been given to say anything else
>>
>>32710971
It's obvious this is the case. It's weather or not they added enough stuff to make it worth buying.
>>
>>32710947
With characters and environment more heavily redesigned than emerald and platinum ever were? Yeah, I did.

And considering that all the stuff about Nebby doesn't leave room for necrozma without heavy modifications and that they're so gung-ho about the multiverse thing they have going on, I wouldn't be surprised if this actually had a new story different to the Lillie story we got in S&M.

I don't think they'll completely revamp S&M but I don't think this being just another "third version" is obvious at all.
>>
>>32710769
The problem is that most of /vp/ is full of underages that started from gen 5 and have no idea what is a "third version", leading to threads like this.
>>
File: 1294874296802.jpg (342KB, 652x581px) Image search: [Google]
1294874296802.jpg
342KB, 652x581px
>>32711139
>half of the board doesn't know who Anabel is and why it matters
Scary
>>
>>32710769
Its just speculation and we still don't know how far they are going with this.
They could be making something very cool like changing character roles everywhere or something lame like just changing one or two lines, there's not enough info to be sure.
>>
>>32710769
selling us a third version only half a year after the initial games when there is usually a two year lapse is incredibly shameless. especially because they're splitting them into two versions.
>>
>>32710600
Third versions, but still split into two different versions because that release model ALWAYS results in more sales.

Third versions often turn out to be some of the best games but sell poorly compared to the "base" versions. This seems like a compromise. Rather than one single version that is the best of both it's simply an upgraded version of each game.
>>
>>32711288
It's going to be a full year in November, and /vp/ would lose their minds if a gameless year happened.
>>
>>32711169
to be fair gen 3 battle frontier masters werent all met by all players it was kind of really damn hard.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.