[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here wants competetive Pokémon to be un-memed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: verlisify.jpg (114KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
verlisify.jpg
114KB, 600x848px
Who else here wants competetive Pokémon to be un-memed?
>>
>>32708563
What do you mean by "un-memed"?
Do you mean to stop existing? Or to be made more balanced instead of maximising probabilities? Or for the competitive communities to stop being so full of themselves?

It brings a lot of entertainment to a lot of people. Even if most players would rather not engage in it, its existence doesn't really negatively effect anybody.
>>
File: guzma.jpg (63KB, 539x635px) Image search: [Google]
guzma.jpg
63KB, 539x635px
>>32708563
Dude I've been in and out of the fucking system and I can tell you its already a meme in itself. After trying to salvage and save bans I find this entire game is just dying competitively (at least on the smogon side). People follow their honor rules but its been nothing but a shit show for awhile now.

Ever since that fight broke out on discord between admins its almost become faction-heavy. Like its a passive aggressive kind of in-fighting now on what direction people want to go with the meta, all I know now is that if something new springs up, they ban it. Period. Smogon's like a gardener that keeps trimming a flower's stray petals and goes too far and now they're at the stem, assuring themselves they can hit Gen 4 post-Garchomp Ubers ban where it was the golden age. But they can't.

Gamefreak needs to do some hardcore balance on the next gen if they want to fix anything. Smogon isn't the problem but has in itself become the meme I always thought it at least wasn't.

t. former 1800 OU player
>>
>>32708610
>What do you mean by "un-memed"?
To take more serious measures against cheating.
>>
>>32708563
Rental pokemon is clearly the answer. Rent the mon, pick the EV, nature and moves, and then battle. Be able to save rental teams to rent again later like Pokemon Stadium.
>>
>>32708688
Sounds good, they should do this.
>>
>>32708677
But Bike Simulator is the biggest meme of them all.
>>
>>32708765
Cheating has been a bigger meme since Maradona scored with his hand.
>>
Yeah I'd just want a balanced meta. Like how random has the level adjustments to put most pokemon on even ground. Just polish that and apply it to the stats themselves to make everything viable.
New/reworked moves and abilities would be fantastic as well
>>
File: 1492670115103.jpg (15KB, 347x379px) Image search: [Google]
1492670115103.jpg
15KB, 347x379px
>>32708563
It was always a meme
>>
>>32708677
The first step is to simplify breeding mechanics, because leveling your Pokemon to 100 to be able to use bottle caps is fucking dumb.
>>
>>32708937
It's stupid but regardless of how many measures that has been taken to simplify the way of getting a perfect mon, competitive Pokemon remains a meme.
>>
>>32708667
>t. Falseflagging sub-1600 shitter
>>
>>32708563
Diaper Beam lol
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.